Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: BOXING!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: BOXING! Page: <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: BOXING! - 20/2/2012 9:11:22 AM   
Sledge Hammer

As someone who has the displeasure of having to deal with Frank Warren, I bet he was loving the interruption...at first.

Did you all see that his channel also made a monumental cock up by not scrambling the signal for the fight!

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 511
RE: BOXING! - 20/2/2012 10:21:57 AM   
jediwarrior

Shame Haye didn't show this sort of fight when he was last in the ring......

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to Sledge Hammer)
Post #: 512
RE: BOXING! - 20/2/2012 10:27:33 AM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: jediwarrior

Shame Haye didn't show this sort of fight when he was last in the ring......

I didn't realise he knew how to throw a punch.

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 513
RE: BOXING! - 20/2/2012 6:56:12 PM   
Sledge Hammer

I talked to Frank Maloney about the incident earlier and he thinks they should both be banned for life! Bit harsh in my opinion!

Check it out!

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 514
RE: BOXING! - 20/2/2012 7:16:24 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sledge Hammer

I talked to Frank Maloney about the incident earlier and he thinks they should both be banned for life! Bit harsh in my opinion!

Ha ha of course he does, especially the Warren fighter, good ole little Franky. Any truth to the rumours that he was looking to sell his stable and get out of the game Sledge.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

Post #: 515
RE: BOXING! - 20/2/2012 7:28:41 PM   
Spaldron

These sort of things are almost always staged, lets face it boxing needs the publicity.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 516
RE: BOXING! - 20/2/2012 7:40:41 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

These sort of things are almost always staged, lets face it boxing needs the publicity.

Strongly disagree.

You don't bottle someone across the neck in a staged fight.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 20/2/2012 7:50:07 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 517
RE: BOXING! - 20/2/2012 8:02:33 PM   
Sledge Hammer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

Ha ha of course he does, especially the Warren fighter, good ole little Franky. Any truth to the rumours that he was looking to sell his stable and get out of the game Sledge.

He hasnt got many fighters anymore (he is getting on). He told me a few weeks ago that he wasnt taking on any more fighters - he was going to manage the ones he has and then retire when they do.

In case any of you are interested - here is the interview (recorded via skype - http://v2journal.com/frank-maloney-on-chisora.html )

Check it out!

Post #: 518
RE: BOXING! - 25/2/2012 8:14:54 AM   
Sutty

Once again this once great sport is dragged further down in to the doldrums. It appears there is no longer anyone who can pull this sport back up again by its boot straps and get us cheering again. Hatton looked the part for a couple fo years before throwing it all away in a white powdery haze of excess. Derek "Del Boy" Chisora is a waste of space, handpicked by the Klitchko's because they knew he would be easy pickings. How the Boxing authorities justify how a fighter can get beaten by one only just starting his career (the wonderfully named Tyson Fury, his name being the only reason his fights get any airtime) being given a title shot is ridiculous. Allowing the Klitchko's to call the shots on most of their fights just weakens the sport as they rarely, if at all, fight anyone who poses a threat. David Haye is another who appears to like the limelight but lacks the heart and desire to really achieve. He also already has one eye on becoming a "movie star". Sad, just sad...

It wasn't so long ago that names just rolled off the tongue. Tyson, Holyfield, Bowe, Tucker, Lewis, Toney. I know these guys weren't angels but at least they fought.

Boxing nowadays seems to have decended in to WWF. Just look at the pathetic ring entrances in the Klitchko/Haye fight last year.

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

Post #: 519
RE: BOXING! - 3/3/2012 1:18:49 AM   
Sutty

This just in!!

Klitchko's (I forget which) next fight is to be against a smaller, lighter, inferior opponant with little heavyweight experience. And the venue? Why, Germany of course!

Shocker!

How these two cretins can be continually be allowed to hand pick opponants that will cause them no considerable bother whatsoever is beyond me. 
What I wouldn't give to see them (either one of them) take a Lennox Lewis style beating.

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 520
RE: BOXING! - 3/3/2012 12:18:21 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

This just in!!

Klitchko's (I forget which) next fight is to be against a smaller, lighter, inferior opponant with little heavyweight experience. And the venue? Why, Germany of course!

Shocker!

How these two cretins can be continually be allowed to hand pick opponants that will cause them no considerable bother whatsoever is beyond me. 
What I wouldn't give to see them (either one of them) take a Lennox Lewis style beating.

Are you on about Wlads fight against Mormeck are you?

Mormecks been a cruiser up until his last 3 fights and has moved up.
But this fight is tonight and has been arranged for ages.

The fight announced this week that excites me is Froch and Bute in Nottingham.
That will be a cracker.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 3/3/2012 12:19:38 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 521
RE: BOXING! - 3/3/2012 10:29:09 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Ye gawds. Round 3 and I don't think I've seen Mormeck throw a punch yet.

EDIT: Over in 4, like anyone cares. Another terrible advert for heavyweight boxing. Just a no contest, professional enough job by Klitshko, but he had size, power, age and experience all heavily biased towards him. Mormeck should never have been in a HW title fight.

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 3/3/2012 10:33:23 PM >

Post #: 522
RE: BOXING! - 8/3/2012 9:06:14 PM   
paul.mccluskey

Anyone going to see Ricky Burns take on Paulus Moses at Braehead Arena on Saturday night? I'm looking forward to it !

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 523
RE: BOXING! - 9/3/2012 12:36:57 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul.mccluskey

Anyone going to see Ricky Burns take on Paulus Moses at Braehead Arena on Saturday night? I'm looking forward to it !

I'm watching it, but not live. Burns is actually one of the few from Nelsons camp that I half like, I just don't believe the hype with him.
He's improved no end recently, but I think it will be closer than expected tomorrow. My problem is that Moses isn't world class, and I think Burns is in for a hard night.

I guess we will see, if my life was on it I'd go for a Burns UD, if I was betting hard cash I'd be on Moses there's some value there.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to paul.mccluskey)
Post #: 524
RE: BOXING! - 10/3/2012 10:26:24 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Good fight so far. Paulus the aggressor in the main. But Burns showing some nice combinations.

Post #: 525
RE: BOXING! - 11/3/2012 9:45:25 AM   
boaby

dagnammit.

Forgot about the Burns fight. Harrumph.

I see from the beeb it was a points win. He's looking to get paid in Yankdom, did he do enough to interest those over there who so rarely look beyond their shores?

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

Post #: 526
RE: BOXING! - 11/3/2012 10:29:13 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: boaby

dagnammit.

I see from the beeb it was a points win. He's looking to get paid in Yankdom, did he do enough to interest those over there who so rarely look beyond their shores?

Moses caused more problems than a man at his level should have for a so called world champion.
Burns was, as ever, technically tight and killed him with the jab.
But it's hardly exciting to watch, and they were talking more about a Mitchell fight than crossing the Atlantic for one of the top 4 or 5 at that weight.
To be fair to Billy, he was saying Burns is too good for the other Brits so let see if he's got the courage to go stateside.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 11/3/2012 10:30:51 AM >

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 527
RE: BOXING! - 11/3/2012 12:25:36 PM   
paul.mccluskey

Was at the fight last night. It was good, and I'm glad Burns won, but he needed to move forward a lot more, and stay away from the ropes.

Post #: 528
RE: BOXING! - 12/3/2012 12:30:56 AM   
boaby

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: boaby

dagnammit.

Moses caused more problems than a man at his level should have for a so called world champion.
Burns was, as ever, technically tight and killed him with the jab.
But it's hardly exciting to watch, and they were talking more about a Mitchell fight than crossing the Atlantic for one of the top 4 or 5 at that weight.
To be fair to Billy, he was saying Burns is too good for the other Brits so let see if he's got the courage to go stateside.

Having read the Sunday Herald report at work I'm surprised. The reporter was very impressed, or at least had a more positive spin on the fight. Used to be Steve Bunce did their boxing but now it's a guy with a football background, though he's a bit better than the excuses for journalists that dominate Scottish football. Perhaps not the best tranferral of talent. While I reckon Bunce is a bit of muppet and prone to swallowing too much of the hype he does at least focus on boxing.

I guess McIlvanney has finally retired? No sign of his column in the Sunday Times. Last time I saw an article by him on boxing he was destroying David Haye post-Klitschko and mourning th edecline of the Heavyweights. This would have been right up his street. Up and coming British fighter who's not exactly front and centre in the sports media. Nevermind.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

Post #: 529
RE: BOXING! - 13/3/2012 11:14:33 PM   
Spaldron

When's the Amir Khan rematch?

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 530
RE: BOXING! - 14/3/2012 9:25:39 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

19th May and its in Vegas so it will be about 3:30-4:00 on the 20th.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 531
RE: BOXING! - 8/5/2012 11:47:42 AM   
Professor Moriarty

So Warren is putting on Haye vs Chisora, as sanctioned by the Luxembourg Boxing Association. Seriously has it come to this. Maybe its the rose-tinted glasses looking back at the halcyon days, but I remember when even boxing, as dodgy as its reputation has always been, had some final vestige of respect.

Post #: 532
RE: BOXING! - 8/5/2012 11:53:28 AM   
kata

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

So Warren is putting on Haye vs Chisora, as sanctioned by the Luxembourg Boxing Association. Seriously has it come to this. Maybe its the rose-tinted glasses looking back at the halcyon days, but I remember when even boxing, as dodgy as its reputation has always been, had some final vestige of respect.

Mayweather/Cotto was a good fight at week end, fighters very respectful (yeah, even Mayweather) of each other.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

Post #: 533
RE: BOXING! - 8/5/2012 11:56:53 AM   
Professor Moriarty

I recorded it. Not seen it yet. Started watching it yesterday, but then visitors came. Looking forward to that and the last UFC I've only half watched.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 534
RE: BOXING! - 8/5/2012 2:32:04 PM   
emogeek

quote:

quote:

19th May and its in Vegas so it will be about 3:30-4:00 on the 20th.

Or maybe not...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/17987251

quote:

Are you questioning the validity of the Luxembourg Boxing Association?

Luxembourg has a fine boxing tradition - we just put "Luxembourgian Boxers" into Wikipedia and there is a massive list of....12!

True, 11 of them are dead and the other one is 80, but even so...

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

Post #: 535
RE: BOXING! - 8/5/2012 3:20:23 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Well apparently Haye is going to inflict a "slow concussive beating" on Chisora. This seems a step down from when he fought Klitschko, when I'm pretty sure Haye was going to hit him so hard that Klitschko's head actually came off and ripped the spinal column from his body. An act that was quite hard to achieve as during the actual fight Haye did nothing more than run and hide, then whinge about having a poorly toe.

But Chisora is actually going to whoop Haye's ass. I was hoping that he was going to pound him so hard that his internal organs would each hold up a small white flag, but Chisora has gone for the schoolboy taunt.

I literally cannot wait to not be watching this fight in July.

Chisora: "I saw David Haye a couple of weeks and he had a knife."
Haye: "I was eating a steak. It was in a restaurant."

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 8/5/2012 3:26:35 PM >

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 536
RE: BOXING! - 8/5/2012 3:58:27 PM   
Russ Whitfield

But this is probably just part one of a two part eliminator. Once Haye has got rid of Del-Boy, he'll be calling out Tyson Fury and/or David Price. I imagine that they'll fight towards the end of the year, if not then certainly next year.

If Haye's back on the scene, the winner of Price/Fury will have to take him on before facing off against one of the Klitchkos - because that will legitimise their challenge, I reckon. Let's face it - Haye might not have set the world on fire with the toe incident, but he got through the fight which is more than most can say. He's a good fighter, but he's (obviously) not a heavyweight and I think that Price OR Fury could beat him due to their physical advantages (as long as they don't get macho and trade with him because that's a road to getting knocked out).

I think that Price/Fury is an interesting match up, a proper pick 'em.

www.soldiergirlsmovie.com/
www.i-spimovie.com/

Post #: 537
RE: BOXING! - 8/5/2012 11:54:21 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Russ Whitfield

But this is probably just part one of a two part eliminator. Once Haye has got rid of Del-Boy, he'll be calling out Tyson Fury and/or David Price. I imagine that they'll fight towards the end of the year, if not then certainly next year.

If Haye's back on the scene, the winner of Price/Fury will have to take him on before facing off against one of the Klitchkos - because that will legitimise their challenge, I reckon. Let's face it - Haye might not have set the world on fire with the toe incident, but he got through the fight which is more than most can say. He's a good fighter, but he's (obviously) not a heavyweight and I think that Price OR Fury could beat him due to their physical advantages (as long as they don't get macho and trade with him because that's a road to getting knocked out).

I can't see Haye or Chisora fighting Fury or Price, neither Price or Fury have earnt it yet.

For me this is stuck on where this goes next, you only need look to who is putting on this fight, Sauerland and Box Nation.
The winner fights the winner of the undercard, followed by another shot at a Klitschko, and if, as they hope, the winner is Haye, Chisora will be lined up against Helenius.
Price is tied into SKY, and Fury is with Hennessy on Five, which is one of the reasons they aren't fighting each other, but neither Haye nor Chisora will fight either of them with their next 3-4 fights. Frank will be keeping Chisora on Box nation for he next set of fights so that's Fury/Price out of the picture, and I can't see Haye losing and fighting either of them. He'll just quit.
Chisora if he loses will be put against Helenuis before the likes of Povetkin and then rematches galore.
This is all part of a longer term 4-5 fight strategy from Sauerland, they are going to cash in big from the fallout from this fight, which is why its worth putting it on.

Price will take Fury out of the picture anyway as soon as Fury grows a pair, and I can see Fury will be end up stepping in against someone like The A Force come next year in a "big domestic showdown on Five".

Back to Haye Chisora, I think Haye wins on points with the plan to pick up Povetkins title moving onto Vlad next summer when he's past it.

I just want to see the undercard now.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 9/5/2012 12:01:30 AM >

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Russ Whitfield)
Post #: 538
RE: BOXING! - 9/5/2012 7:27:42 AM   
Sledge Hammer

quote:

quote:

I can't see Haye or Chisora fighting Fury or Price, neither Price or Fury have earnt it yet.

For me this is stuck on where this goes next, you only need look to who is putting on this fight, Sauerland and Box Nation.
The winner fights the winner of the undercard, followed by another shot at a Klitschko, and if, as they hope, the winner is Haye, Chisora will be lined up against Helenius.
Price is tied into SKY, and Fury is with Hennessy on Five, which is one of the reasons they aren't fighting each other, but neither Haye nor Chisora will fight either of them with their next 3-4 fights. Frank will be keeping Chisora on Box nation for he next set of fights so that's Fury/Price out of the picture, and I can't see Haye losing and fighting either of them. He'll just quit.
Chisora if he loses will be put against Helenuis before the likes of Povetkin and then rematches galore.
This is all part of a longer term 4-5 fight strategy from Sauerland, they are going to cash in big from the fallout from this fight, which is why its worth putting it on.

Price will take Fury out of the picture anyway as soon as Fury grows a pair, and I can see Fury will be end up stepping in against someone like The A Force come next year in a "big domestic showdown on Five".

Back to Haye Chisora, I think Haye wins on points with the plan to pick up Povetkins title moving onto Vlad next summer when he's past it.

You mean two fighters who are unbeaten havent earned a shot at Chisora (who has already been beaten by Fury) or Haye who has been an embarassment at heavyweight and then quit after losing due to a sore toe.

Fury for all of his faults, has at least been active. Price also.

Chisora has lost 3 of his last 4 and you think he should be higher up the pecking order than P or F? Crazy!

This fight should never be taking place and anyone who supports it is an hypocrite in my eyes. Fans bleat on about corruption and poor decisions. This fight is only taking place due to the money men greasing the right palms and the Luxembourg boxing council being as easy as a girl from Liverpool/ Manchester/ Newcastle/ Essex (please delete as appropriate).

To me it seems people don't mind corruption if it makes interesting fights.

Having said all that, I hope Chisora permanently retires Haye.

Check it out!

Post #: 539
RE: BOXING! - 9/5/2012 11:26:20 AM   
Skiba

quote:

quote:

quote:

You mean two fighters who are unbeaten havent earned a shot at Chisora (who has already been beaten by Fury) or Haye who has been an embarassment at heavyweight and then quit after losing due to a sore toe.

Fury for all of his faults, has at least been active. Price also.

Chisora has lost 3 of his last 4 and you think he should be higher up the pecking order than P or F? Crazy!

This fight should never be taking place and anyone who supports it is an hypocrite in my eyes. Fans bleat on about corruption and poor decisions. This fight is only taking place due to the money men greasing the right palms and the Luxembourg boxing council being as easy as a girl from Liverpool/ Manchester/ Newcastle/ Essex (please delete as appropriate).

To me it seems people don't mind corruption if it makes interesting fights.

Having said all that, I hope Chisora permanently retires Haye.

Agree with this. I wouldn't be surprised if the fight didn't go ahead in the end...the British Boxing Council are meeting about this soon and will surely still have the power to veto this. And if not them, then Newham council may have a say in it.

I have no interest in this fight whatsoever. I enjoyed watching Haye in his early career and thought he could go on to be a very good world champion. He was pretty lucky to get the result against Valuev, and when it came to fighting the best in the Heavyweight division, he came up very short. And then his ridiculous "retirement" lasts 5mins when he comes out to fight the thug Chisora.

I'm sure they'll sell it out, particularly if the undercard features someone like Kevin Mitchell, and I'm sure they'll sell a few more subs to Box Nation. But everything leading up to this is gonna be more rubbish mouthing off and trash-talk nonsense, from two fighters who bring nothing to table apart from being complete arseholes.

Have a good time, all the time.

Post #: 540
Page:   <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: BOXING! Page: <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI