Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Boxing

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Boxing Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Boxing - 14/11/2010 10:19:28 PM   
foz

It might be a problem if enough people who put a lot of money on a round other than the one that Haye decided he was going to bother to start boxing (or the bookies who have had to pay out) get a bit miffed and try to demand their money back because of his claim.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 391
RE: Boxing - 15/11/2010 9:32:52 AM   
jediwarrior

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

Homer Simpson style of boxing from Harrison.

I'd demand my money back from Sky after that.

Can't believe you pay for a fight with that bum Harrison in.

Vowed never to watch another fight with him when he fought Danny Williams and the pair of them must had thrown about 30 punches between them over 12 rounds

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 392
RE: Boxing - 15/11/2010 3:47:56 PM   
MOTH

So this lad Paquiao seems to be quite good?

After his bout at the weeklend, I'm reading that he might be one of the best ever, but i've never watched enough boxing to know myself. What's the thoughts in here, and isn't he supposed to fight Mayweather at some stage? I'm not the biggest boxing fan, but I think i'd tune in for that.

I've only gone and set up a blog! This week I've been mostly reviewing The Lego Movie and Wadjda. Click: The Fast Picture Show

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 393
RE: Boxing - 15/11/2010 6:46:06 PM   
BigBadWolf

Manny v Mayweather should happen next year, they've been trying to get the fight made  for a while now, much of if I think is posturing, amid rows about blood and drug testing and so on, most of which I think is for show.  The fight is worth far too much money for it not to happen.

However, Mayweather is due in court in January with charges varying from felony coercion, grand larceny, robbery and misdemeanor domestic violence.  If convicted he could do a lot of jail time.

(in reply to MOTH)
Post #: 394
RE: Boxing - 15/11/2010 9:25:43 PM   
big dawg

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigBadWolf

However, Mayweather is due in court in January with charges varying from felony coercion, grand larceny, robbery and misdemeanor domestic violence. If convicted he could do a lot of jail time.

i didnt know that....thats some pretty serious shit, is it not?

< Message edited by big dawg -- 15/11/2010 9:30:27 PM >

I can believe things that are true and I can believe things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not

Gamertag - SqualorVic

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 395
RE: Boxing - 22/11/2010 9:17:02 AM   
Beno

quote:

ORIGINAL: big dawg

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigBadWolf

However, Mayweather is due in court in January with charges varying from felony coercion, grand larceny, robbery and misdemeanor domestic violence. If convicted he could do a lot of jail time.

i didnt know that....thats some pretty serious shit, is it not?

He's a scamp aint he?

He'll probably get off though. He'll just wave a wad at the Judge and it's drinks all round.

I have disliked Mayweather forever but im unsure if the Pacman can beat him.

This fight has to happen though. It will be the Hagler vs Sugar Ray of the modern era all over again.

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to big dawg)
Post #: 396
RE: Boxing - 7/1/2011 11:20:39 AM   
Beno

Former British Heavyweight Boxing Champ Gary Mason has died in some sort of cycling accident aged just 48.

I find this really sad as Mason was always a favourite of mine who did'nt reach his full potential.

He was in the same Terry Lawless stable as Frank Bruno and, as a result, lived in Bruno's shadow.

Mason's only loss in a 10 year pro career was to Lennox Lewis for the European belt.

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 397
RE: Boxing - 8/1/2011 11:59:00 AM   
Keyser Sozzled

Heard about this last night. Vedry sad, as you said Beno he was always a decent fighter who perhaps never made the most of his potential.

RIP

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 398
RE: Boxing - 12/1/2011 5:44:16 PM   
Beno

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keyser Sozzled

Heard about this last night. Vedry sad, as you said Beno he was always a decent fighter who perhaps never made the most of his potential.

RIP

Been thinking.

How do you think a peak Mason would have done against Haye?

I for one think he could have done a number on him.

(in reply to Keyser Sozzled)
Post #: 399
RE: Boxing - 10/2/2011 12:07:14 PM   
Sledge Hammer

Hi guys - long time poster who sometimes wanders onto this thread.

As you may be aware, the BBC has a sports forum (606) which is closing down in May this year due to cut backs.

So me and a couple of mates have set up our own forum to talk all things sports. It has a dedicated boxing section. If any of you want to check it out, here is the link:

http://www.606v2.com/

We have over 500 members in just 2 weeks, but would obviously love to ahve more.

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 400
RE: Boxing - 10/2/2011 2:37:13 PM   
Beno

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sledge Hammer

As you may be aware, the BBC has a sports forum (606) which is closing down in May this year due to cut backs.

So me and a couple of mates have set up our own forum to talk all things sports. It has a dedicated boxing section. If any of you want to check it out, here is the link:

We have over 500 members in just 2 weeks, but would obviously love to ahve more.

Cheers SH.

Looks good.

(in reply to Sledge Hammer)
Post #: 401
RE: Boxing - 10/2/2011 7:21:19 PM   
Sledge Hammer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sledge Hammer

Cheers SH.

Looks good.

noticed you joined - good man

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 402
RE: Boxing - 6/3/2011 11:56:50 AM   
Dark Knight

Looks like it is finally on....

Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko this summer.

Seems like it will held in Germany.

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

(in reply to Sledge Hammer)
Post #: 403
RE: Boxing - 7/3/2011 3:29:15 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dark Knight

Thinking must be that the Americans don't care about Klitschko, the UK market will buy anyway and this will help the European market.

I really think it is quite indicative of how far boxing has fallen in the last 25 years that some are viewing this as a dream fight. Mayweather-Pacquiao now there's a fight I'd love for them to finally get on.

(in reply to Dark Knight)
Post #: 404
RE: Boxing - 7/3/2011 4:16:48 PM   
Dark Knight

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dark Knight

Thinking must be that the Americans don't care about Klitschko, the UK market will buy anyway and this will help the European market.

I really think it is quite indicative of how far boxing has fallen in the last 25 years that some are viewing this as a dream fight. Mayweather-Pacquiao now there's a fight I'd love for them to finally get on.

I would agree that Haye vs Klitschko is not a 'dream' fight but I would argue that it is the biggest heavyweight fight in a fair while.

Now Mayweather-Pacquiao would surely be the stuff of legends.

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

Post #: 405
RE: Boxing - 22/3/2011 2:25:05 PM   
chrismart83

Cotto saying to day that he would like to 2 more fights before he retires..avenging hid losses to Margarito and Pacquiao.
Hope he gets a shot a Margarito..i think he deserves to put thing right after there first fight.

''You'll Never Walk Alone''

(in reply to Dark Knight)
Post #: 406
RE: Boxing - 16/4/2011 10:44:57 AM   
James2183

Khan fight dropped by Sky due to crumbling undercard

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-1375480/Sky-TV-pull-plug-Amir-Khans-title-defence-Paul-McCloskey.html

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to chrismart83)
Post #: 407
RE: BOXING! - 16/4/2011 10:35:52 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

Bloody hell Jim, nearlya week oldnews

Team Khan are going to regret this, Sky have been good to him, and their greed is going to cost them.
Sky are bang on this time, in these days of the magnificant 7 you need a strong card to charge 15 quid. This card was shite and for Khan to turn down SP3 is stupid and arrogant

Apparently Sky have told Team Khan they aren't interested in the Bradley fight either.

SKY dump Khan and get Froch. I know whos got the best of that deal and it aint Khan.

Fooking hell to the cards, they should be all for Khan but hardly a ppv fan pulling performance. Sorry Amir you aren't a boxer who can pull a PPV on your own.
Make up with Frank or get Matchroom in for your future undercards. Its the only way you can make a PPV card.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 16/4/2011 10:40:18 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 408
RE: BOXING! - 16/4/2011 11:12:24 PM   
James2183

Only learnt about the news today, and since nobody had posted in here for a while I thought I'd post it. Good to see you back on the board though matey

After that farce tonight no wonder people are not willing to pay 15 for this.

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 409
RE: BOXING! - 16/4/2011 11:26:01 PM   
HughesRoss

Agree....really looking forward to this free fight but then...........sorry but no way am I paying 15 quid for fights like these!  Will do for the Haye fight though

As for tonight, no way can I comment because I was listening to it on the radio.......did not miss much though

Our first ever HCF MOVIE AWARDS

http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/2012/01/horrorcultfilms-movie-awards-of-2011-all-the-winners-right-here-of-our-first-ever-hcf-awards/

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 410
RE: BOXING! - 17/4/2011 9:26:12 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: HughesRoss

Agree....really looking forward to this free fight but then...........sorry but no way am I paying 15 quid for fights like these! Will do for the Haye fight though

But Haye can sell a fight, it's as much about personalities as it is ability.

It isn't even Khan it is he hangers on who run TEAM KAHN for him, he really ought to get back with Big Frank although Matchroom are collecting quite a stable with my current favourite Kel Brook defecting amongst others.
Still the best news of the year is Froch leaving Hennersey.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 411
RE: BOXING! - 7/5/2011 9:57:26 PM   
James2183

Anyone know what time the Manny Pacquiao fight is on tonight?

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 412
RE: BOXING! - 8/5/2011 8:08:05 AM   
Professor Moriarty

Just seen the "highlights" on the news. Glad I didn't watch it live, really looks like PacMan should have finished it in 5.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 413
RE: BOXING! - 9/5/2011 4:49:14 PM   
Skiba

Anyone see the Haye/Klitschko press conference? The most bizarre thing I've seen in a while!  Klitschko thinks he a comedian but it was cringing! 

Have a good time, all the time.

Post #: 414
RE: BOXING! - 21/5/2011 6:35:30 PM   
SWOTBM

Just came back from watching my first live boxing match.  Was the ABA junior finals so the quality of the early rounds wasnt great, but the older boxers were much more accurate/skillful.  The last two fights in particular were especially entertaining.  Definitely would go again, but I would like to see adults box as well, as the juniors did tend to tire badly after a couple of rounds.  

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 415
RE: BOXING! - 5/6/2011 12:23:45 AM   
boaby

so who's watching Froch then?

Gavin Rees after making a mug of some Irishman is now making an utter arse the 9th. Properly knackered.

Kessler's comeback to come.

Then Froch.

Been missing my boxing. German boxing refs? Who'd have thunk it? What's happened to Mickey Vann? Dave Paris? I feel old.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 416
RE: BOXING! - 28/6/2011 11:36:20 AM   
Professor Moriarty

He might be British, and I sure as hell ain't no fan of Klitschko. But am I the only one that would like to see Haye put on his arse at the weekend.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 417
RE: BOXING! - 28/6/2011 11:18:39 PM   
boaby

Haye could do with a hiding.

Klitschkos are so bloody boring though.

Aside from Vitaly's slugfest with Lewis their fights suck balls.

At least Haye brings a bit of speed to the Heavyweights. So sick of lumbering oafs.

I want Haye to win. Heavyweight division needs something, even a classless braggard.

Yer man McIlvanney, the greatest, reckons the old addage will hold true: a good big 'un beat a good little 'un. He kens his stuff.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

Post #: 418
RE: BOXING! - 29/6/2011 10:20:30 AM   
JustinFox

Anyone know what time the fight will actually start ? I know the programme starts at 8pm

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 419
RE: BOXING! - 2/7/2011 9:25:59 PM   
Spaldron

So is anyone actually watching the fight then?

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to JustinFox)
Post #: 420
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Boxing Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI