Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> World Cinema >> RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 30/11/2010 6:37:39 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Thanks guys, i guess i shouldnt be surprised that so few Jackie Chan Blu Rays have been put out here. Does anyone know which classics have come out overseas that i can play on my UK player? Id like to know what's available and region free for blu ray.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 121
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 30/11/2010 9:23:47 PM   
rich

Not sure, most BD movies on Yes-asia for example are in Region A

Meanwhile...

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 122
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 1/12/2010 11:23:11 AM   
Gram123

And most are the more recent films.

And some have been slated for not being very good quality transfers.

Gram123's Top Songs Project

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 123
Armour of God III: Chinese Zodiac starts filming - 6/9/2011 3:53:15 PM   
Timon

Woohoo! Jackie's 'final' action epic - Chinese Zodiac - has been filming in Paris.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/cinema/2011/08/12/03002-20110812ARTFIG00439-jackie-chan-l-aventurier-des-bronzes-perdus.php

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 124
RE: Armour of God III: Chinese Zodiac starts filming - 6/9/2011 6:40:36 PM   
Snake-Eyes

Armour of God 3? F**k me, that was delayed sequel! OPERATION CONDOR was a bit poor as I recall.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 125
RE: Armour of God III: Chinese Zodiac starts filming - 6/9/2011 9:46:39 PM   
rich

Hey Operation Condor was great, awful DVD release mind you.

I just hope this isn't another New Police Story... Jackie just ain't that guy any more.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 126
RE: Armour of God III: Chinese Zodiac trailer - 14/12/2011 5:30:10 PM   
Timon

There's a promotional trailer for Chinese Zodiac - let the anticipation begin. Oh and it'll be in IMAX!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O0S88nLuR4&feature=player_embedded

The first promotional trailer revealing the concept behind the upcoming movie "Chinese Zodiac", co-produced by JCE Entertainment Ltd., Huayi Brothers and Emperor Mothion Pictures, was released on December 12. The production companies also announced that the movie will hit cinema screens on the same day next year, December 12, 2012, mtime.com reports.

Accompanied by a rapid and fierce rhythm, and presented in a chilling style, the trailer provides glimpses of thrilling gun battles, parachute dives, car races and ferocious dogfight combat scenes; declaring that the authentic Jackie Chan kung fu movie is back.

The concept trailer of "Chinese Zodiac" presents a retrospective montage of Jackie Chan's classic action films in chronological order, including "Drunken Monkey in the Tiger's Eyes" (1978), "Jackie Chan's Police Story" (1985), "Armour of God" (1987), "Project Eagle" (1991), "Jui kuen II" (1994), "Rumble in the Bronx" (1995), "Who Am I?" (1998) and "Rush Hour II" (2001). However, due to the fact that "Chinese Zodiac" is currently being filmed, no actual scenes from the movie have been revealed in the trailer.

Being Jackie Chan's 101st movie, filming for "Chinese Zodiac" began in June this year in France. During the shoot, the cast were allowed to enter the Chateau de Chantilly and Les Collections Du Musee Conde; this being the first time for a movie to be filmed in the Chateau. The cast even utilized national cultural relics including a chair of Louis XVI.

In order to display the sense of speed and potency of the action sequences, the production companies behind "Chinese Zodiac" has successfully signed a contract with IMAX, making this the first large screen Jackie Chan film.

< Message edited by Timon -- 14/12/2011 5:32:09 PM >

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 127
RE: Armour of God III: Chinese Zodiac trailer - 15/12/2011 10:13:57 AM   
Timon

The lack of excitement here... disturbs me.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 128
RE: Armour of God III: Chinese Zodiac trailer - 15/12/2011 3:43:31 PM   
Gram123

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon
Being Jackie Chan's 101st movie

Hmm. Wonder what they're counting and what they're not. If you count every film he's been invloved it'll be at least his 137th movie.
There are 3 films were he was uncredited, and maybe another 20 where he just cameoed, but excluding those still makes it around his 114th.

Anyway, yes Timon, I'm excited. But I'm not that excited, cos it's a whole 'nother year to wait before it even gets a HK cinema release. If it gets a UK cinema release, I highly doubt I'll get to see it the IMAX version, and being that I ain't managed to get to the cinema for almost 2 years, I'll probably have to wait at least a couple more months for the home media releases.

Gram123's Top Songs Project

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 129
RE: Armour of God III: Chinese Zodiac trailer - 15/12/2011 4:40:05 PM   
directorscut

Great to see Jackie back in the director's chair. Well I doubt he's ever been in a director's chair, but you know what I mean.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 130
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan, Sammo, Yuen Biao films - 20/7/2012 4:37:16 PM   
Timon

New trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnvXSDhaU1M&feature=share

Also i hear Oliver Platt is in it. Win.

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 131
Chinese Zodiac (Armour of God III) - 11/12/2012 10:06:47 AM   
Timon

Awesome new trailer for Chinese Zodiac.

Looks like Jackie's pulled out all the stops for his 'last, big, action movie'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qcg2dSbgVk

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 132
RE: Chinese Zodiac (Armour of God III) - 14/12/2012 12:37:26 AM   
rich

It's shaping up nicely, particularly in terms of spectacle. Little distracting that this isn't in Cantonese though.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 133
RE: Chinese Zodiac (Armour of God III) - 31/1/2013 11:09:17 AM   
Timon

Apparently early reviews aren't great, but I'm still excited.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 134
RE: Chinese Zodiac (Armour of God III) - 13/8/2014 2:18:58 PM   
Timon

Did you guys know Operation Condor had been released by MediumRare UNCUT and with the original language?! Huzzah! At last!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 135
RE: Chinese Zodiac (Armour of God III) - 13/8/2014 10:35:00 PM   
Indio

Saw Chinese Zodiac at the BFI last night - and I have to say I thought it was shite to be honest but it was redeemed by the Q&A afterwards with Jackie and Jonathan Ross (and that song Jackie sung at the end ) although I'm not sure why every time he's been seen in public in London over the last few days, hes insisted on wearing that panama hat - is he suffering an Edge style hairline crisis? But if you MUST watch this, 10 for the Blu-ray doesn't seem too much to pay for the 'honour'

'Think about the future.'

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 136
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> World Cinema >> RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI