Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Armour of God III: Chinese Zodiac

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> World Cinema >> RE: Armour of God III: Chinese Zodiac Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Armour of God III: Chinese Zodiac - 12/5/2009 10:06:59 AM   
Timon

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah!

The Return of Asian Hawk!

Let's hope it prompts a decent release of Operation Condor.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 61
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 25/5/2009 9:03:37 PM   
Gram123

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gram123
The forthcoming Chan film previously known by the working title Junior Soldier may now be re-titled Big Soldier, Small General.

Now looks to be called Little Big Soldier.
Here's the poster:

Gram123's Top Songs Project

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 62
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 22/6/2009 10:34:53 AM   
Gram123

Kung Fu Chefs, which co-stars Sammo Hung, was released on DVD in HK last week.

Don't think there'll be much of a rush for it, though. Despite the trailers and screenshots suggesting it has a decent production value, all reviews I've seen have givent it an average or negative rating.
On the positive side, the dvd is as cheap as chips....

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 63
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 25/7/2009 2:55:30 PM   
Gram123

Here's one I completely missed... just been released on DVD.
It'll only be a small role for Chan, and it is a kids film, but figured 'd post it anyway.

quote:

ORIGINAL: YesAsia
Looking for Jackie opened in China in July 2009 against Hollywood blockbuster Transformers 2, but it still held its own at the box office and created a new record for local children films. The inspirational comedy is buoyed by the participation of international superstar Jackie Chan, who makes a guest appearance in this star-studded Mainland production alongside his famous kung fu schoolmates Yuen Wah, Yuen Qiu, Yuen Bun, and Yuen Wu. Directed by Jiang Ping and Fang Gangliang (Home Run), Looking for Jackie stars popular teenage actor Zhang Yishan (TV sitcom Home with Kids) as an Indonesian boy of Chinese descent. At school, he is often ridiculed for his poor Chinese, so his granny sends him to Beijing in order to learn the language properly. But the boy has something else on his mind. A kung fu fanatic, he knows this is the opportunity to finally realize his dream - that is, to find and meet his idol, Jackie Chan, and become his disciple!

< Message edited by Gram123 -- 25/7/2009 2:59:20 PM >

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 64
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 12/8/2009 1:40:35 AM   
Gram123

Jackie Chan will appear in a small role in the forthcoming epic Chinese drama Jian Guo Da Ye (The Great Cause of China's Foundation) aka Founding of the Nation.

It will be co-directed by Peter Chan, Chen Kaige, Han Sanping, and Huang Jianxin.
Tang Guoqiang will star as as Mao Zedong (Mao Tse Tung).

As well as JC, there will be supporting roles from a stack of major HK and Chinese stars, including Andy Lau, Donnie Yen, Tony Leung Ka-fai, Tony Leung Chiu-wai, Stephen Chow, John Woo, Jet Li, Jiang Wen, Zhang Ziyi, Feng Xiaogang, Chow Yun Fat, Ge You and Zhao Wei.

If only it was a martial arts epic, with that cast!

Trailer on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDaY8uTy6ME&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kungfucinema.com%2Ftrailer-for-all-star-epic-jian-guo-da-ye-9566&feature=player_embedded

Also, check out this cheesy Chinese ad for Kaspersky starring JC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbRSQVsOX_Y&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kungfucinema.com%2Fjackie-chan-does-segway-fu-in-kaspersky-ad-9465&feature=player_embedded

< Message edited by Gram123 -- 12/8/2009 1:43:57 AM >

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 65
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 12/8/2009 10:20:56 AM   
Snake-Eyes

wow - I didn't think anyone, anywhere even cared about JC anymore. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE a lot of his HK work but there is no excuse for The Forbidden Kingdom and Rush Hour 3.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 66
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 12/8/2009 10:47:53 AM   
Gram123

The Forbidden Kingdom is quite good! They should have done it in Canto / Mando, and it's a bit more family orientated, but there's not much wrong with it as an entertainment piece, and it features Chan and Jet Li together.

Here's a quote from Chan regarding a possible second project with him and Jet Li:
quote:

"This is Hollywood, so if it's a hit, there are always sequels. 'Return to the Forbidden Kingdom!' But I'll tell you something, right after we finished making the movie, I said to Jet, 'We should make another movie together - but we should do it our way. This was a family movie, a Hollywood movie. We should make a real Hong Kong style movie: More action, more comedy, more everything. And he said yes!"''

Sounds good to me...

I accept the RH3 isn't the greatest.
If you consider RH1 and 2 to be ok films, and both better than 3, then the blame can't even be levelled Tucker - it's all Ratner's fault.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 67
Sammo Hung suffering heart problem - 26/8/2009 11:47:56 PM   
Gram123

Just read that early this month Sammo Hung was hospitalised for heart surgery.
He was midway through filming Ip Man 2 and became unwell.
He was discharged a few days later and is now back filming.

He cited his obesity, cigar smoking and long working hours as the cause.

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 68
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan, Sammo, Yuen Biao films - 15/10/2009 1:13:13 PM   
Gram123

Sammo Hung

Still waiting for the Sammo-directed Howling Arrow, which is still in post-production / delayed.
Still waiting for further news on 3 previously announced films, V For Vampire (which was originally announced in 2007), He Who Would Be King (for which there was a press conference earlier this year) and War Monkeys (still in development).

Beyond that....

Hung has signed up to perform action & art direction on Tsui Hark's forthcoming film Detective Dee.
He will action direct, and play a small role in Wilson Yip's Ip Man 2.
He will appear in Daniel Lee's 14 Blades, alongside Donnie Yen. I believe this is the film that was previously known by the working title of Duel.
He will appear in Tao Ming Xi's Paladin Du Xin Wu.
And finally, he may be given a role in Stephen Chow's forthcoming (as yet unnamed) wuxia comedy.

Yuen Biao

Appared as Superintendent Sin in Herman Yau's Turning Point aka Laughing Gor, which was released in August and is apparently pretty poor.
Will next appear in Light-Transcending Pandora's Box, Jeffrey Lau's parody of the Red Cliff films.

Thereafter, it's back to working with Herman Yau for Young Ip Man, a seperate film from the 2 Wilson Yip ones, and the forthcoming Wong Kar Wai one. Some sites list it as a prequel to the first Wilson Yip film, but I don't think this is accurate.

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 69
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 15/10/2009 1:35:56 PM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

Jackie Chan will appear in a small role in the forthcoming epic Chinese drama Jian Guo Da Ye (The Great Cause of China's Foundation) aka Founding of the Nation.

It will be co-directed by Peter Chan, Chen Kaige, Han Sanping, and Huang Jianxin.
Tang Guoqiang will star as as Mao Zedong (Mao Tse Tung).

As well as JC, there will be supporting roles from a stack of major HK and Chinese stars, including Andy Lau, Donnie Yen, Tony Leung Ka-fai, Tony Leung Chiu-wai, Stephen Chow, John Woo, Jet Li, Jiang Wen, Zhang Ziyi, Feng Xiaogang, Chow Yun Fat, Ge You and Zhao Wei.

If only it was a martial arts epic, with that cast!

Trailer on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDaY8uTy6ME&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kungfucinema.com%2Ftrailer-for-all-star-epic-jian-guo-da-ye-9566&feature=player_embedded

Doesn't that look like quite the propaganda piece. Interesting to see the level of Hong Kong involvement in the film.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc
She's supposed to be 13! I'd want her to be very attractive though

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat
quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army
Stop being mean to Deviation

No.

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 70
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 15/10/2009 1:41:49 PM   
Rhubarb

Propaganda or not, it looks fantastic

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 71
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 15/10/2009 1:46:20 PM   
Pigeon Army

This is true.

Also, I see your sig. Liar.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc
She's supposed to be 13! I'd want her to be very attractive though

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat
quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army
Stop being mean to Deviation

No.

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 72
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 15/10/2009 2:41:10 PM   
Rhubarb

In what sense is that a lie?

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 73
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 31/10/2009 12:08:43 PM   
Gram123

Jian Guo Da Ye aka The Founding of a Republic (formerly listed as various titles including The Great Cause of China's Foundation / Founding of the Nation / Lofty Ambitions of Nation Building) was released on HK / Chinese DVD about a week ago.

Poster:

DVD:

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 74
Chan to appear in Shaolin Temple remake - 5/11/2009 2:17:25 AM   
Gram123

Filming began a couple of weeks ago on New Shaolin Temple - a HK film starring Jackie Chan, Andy Lau, and a whole bunch of real Shaolin monks, and directed by Benny Chan.
The film is an update / remake of the 1982 Jet Li film Shaolin Temple.

As I've probably mentioned previously, Chan is also producing a TVB series of the same name, which will feature the top contestants from his reality competition show The Disciple.

I really must see the original Jet Li film at some point, and you can colour me interested in the remake!

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 75
RE: Chan to appear in Shaolin Temple remake - 13/12/2009 3:30:33 AM   
Gram123

In a week when Jackie Chan comes out and says he shouldn't have made Drunken Master (drinking = bad), we get to see the posters of his latest family-orientated film:

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 76
RE: Chan to appear in Shaolin Temple remake - 13/12/2009 7:39:57 AM   
directorscut

Jesus the photoshoppng on that second poster is laughably bad. Look at this head! That's almost as bad as the Brue Lee cut out in Game of Death!

I hope the pay is really good Jackie. I really do.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 77
Trailer for The Karate Kid remake - 29/12/2009 12:16:32 PM   
Gram123

Trailer for the remake of The Karate Kid, starring Jackie Chan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy3TwgpOfr0

Yes, it's keeping the title of the original, despite featuring Chinese kung fu / wushu, and no Japanese karate. Ho-hum

Poster:

< Message edited by Gram123 -- 29/12/2009 12:31:25 PM >

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 78
RE: Trailer for The Karate Kid remake - 20/1/2010 9:43:52 PM   
rich

I did think it was odd that a film about Karate was set in China and featuring JC - is it just a title then?

On points made earlier - he hasnt made anything truly great since Honk Kong was given back to the Chinese. I mean ... why was Forbidden Kingdon in English, it should have been set entirely in the fantasy realm and ditched the other aspects for some proper ass kicking.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 79
RE: Trailer for The Karate Kid remake - 22/1/2010 12:54:25 AM   
Gram123

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich
I did think it was odd that a film about Karate was set in China and featuring JC - is it just a title then?

On points made earlier - he hasnt made anything truly great since Honk Kong was given back to the Chinese. I mean ... why was Forbidden Kingdon in English, it should have been set entirely in the fantasy realm and ditched the other aspects for some proper ass kicking.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 80
RE: Trailer for The Karate Kid remake - 22/1/2010 10:52:24 AM   
rich

I suppose it should have been a rhetorical question 

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 81
RE: Armour of God III: Chinese Zodiac - 23/1/2010 4:22:28 PM   
Jeffrey

Not really movie related, but Jackie Chan is now on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/eyeofjackiechan

Wong Kar-wai News:

http://wongkarwainews.wordpress.com/

Wrestling gifs tumblr:

http://ilovewrestlinggifs.tumblr.com/

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 82
RE: Armour of God III: Chinese Zodiac - 25/1/2010 11:35:38 PM   
Gram123

More news on AOG3: Chinese Zodiac...
Whilst Chan was promoting Little Big Soldier, he was interviewed by Hunan TV.
He spoke of his inspiration for the film, having seen looted Chinese treasures bought and sold at auctions overseas, even personally setting aside USD $30 million with the aim of buying back a "Gardens of Perfect Clarity" bust, one of 12 animal head statues from the Chinese Zodiac, but ultimately falling well short of the sale price.

In making the film, Chan has said it will be a hugely extravagant affair, one action scene alone reportedly costing 70 million (about 6 million). It will also be the last Jackie Chan film that will be so heavily action-orientated:
quote:

ORIGINAL: Jackie Chan
This film will contain many vigorous action scenes, I'd almost be fighting throughout the whole film, but my most demanding action scenes will stop at this movie.

< Message edited by Gram123 -- 25/1/2010 11:38:40 PM >

(in reply to Jeffrey)
Post #: 83
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 25/1/2010 11:42:43 PM   
Gram123

Contrary to earlier reports that Chan would co-direct Armour of God 3 with Stanley Tong, Tong recently revealed in an interview that Chan would be directing alone, whilst he (Tong) would be producing.

Pre-production is set to begin in around Chinese New Year (which begins 14th Feb this year), with production set to begin in April.

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 84
RE: Armour of God III: Chinese Zodiac - 26/1/2010 9:33:52 AM   
Timon

quote:

He spoke of his inspiration for the film, having seen looted Chinese treasures bought and sold at auctions overseas, even personally setting aside USD $30 million with the aim of buying back a "Gardens of Perfect Clarity" bust, one of 12 animal head statues from the Chinese Zodiac, but ultimately falling well short of the sale price.

In making the film, Chan has said it will be a hugely extravagant affair, one action scene alone reportedly costing 70 million (about 6 million). It will also be the last Jackie Chan film that will be so heavily action-orientated:
quote:

This film will contain many vigorous action scenes, I'd almost be fighting throughout the whole film, but my most demanding action scenes will stop at this movie.

Now that's what I'm talking about!

I'm still annoyed there isn't a decent DVD release of Armour of God II: Operation Condor.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 85
RE: Armour of God III: Chinese Zodiac - 26/1/2010 9:40:10 AM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

quote:

quote:

Now that's what I'm talking about!

I'm still annoyed there isn't a decent DVD release of Armour of God II: Operation Condor.

ARMOUR OF GOD is one of my three favourite Chan films ever.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 86
RE: Armour of God III: Chinese Zodiac - 26/1/2010 11:50:06 AM   
Gram123

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Here's hoping we'll eventually see a fancy trilogy boxset, with remastered versions of the first 2 films! On BD!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 87
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan, Sammo, Yuen Biao films - 8/2/2010 10:52:02 PM   
Gram123

quote:

Yuen Biao
[...]
Thereafter, it's back to working with Herman Yau for Young Ip Man, a seperate film from the 2 Wilson Yip ones, and the forthcoming Wong Kar Wai one. Some sites list it as a prequel to the first Wilson Yip film, but I don't think this is accurate.

Herman Yau's Young Ip Man looks to have been renamed The Legend Is Born: Ip Man.
Check the HK trailer, in which we see a brief bit of Yuen Biao fighting Sammo Hung  and Yuen again punishing the the youthful Ip Man (is Yuen playing his father?).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV6eEqfsVWQ

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 88
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan, Sammo, Yuen Biao films - 24/2/2010 11:20:39 AM   
Timon

Any latest news of Armour of God III? You'd have thought it would be heavily in pre-production by now.

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 89
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan, Sammo, Yuen Biao films - 24/2/2010 12:55:16 PM   
Gram123

Haven't heard much about it lately, except that it is in pre-prod.

Beyond AOG3, Chan may be involved in a film called Flying Duck.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> World Cinema >> RE: Armour of God III: Chinese Zodiac Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI