Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> World Cinema >> RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 16/4/2008 11:29:15 AM   
Timon

Rumours are abounding that Jackie is planning on shooting Armour of God III in Roturua, NZ. Nice nice.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 31
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 17/4/2008 10:01:15 PM   
Castor Troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gram123

It's got a daft central premise, but as a JC film it's fine. Nothing to do with the other Police Story films though.

It's only 3 in HMV at the moment. Might get it.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 32
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 22/4/2008 1:18:43 PM   
Rhubarb

Forbidden Kingdom is sitting at the top of the US box-office, despite some mixed reviews. Hurrah.

< Message edited by Rhubarb -- 22/4/2008 1:22:36 PM >

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 33
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 30/4/2008 8:30:37 PM   
Gram123

Two of the recent Sammo films now have DVD releases:

Three Kingdoms: Resurrection of the Dragon - China version $8.99 at Sensasian
and
Fatal Move - Hong Kong version $15.99 at YesAsia

SE versions will undoubtedly be released at some point soon.

Unfortunately both get pretty rather average ratings on IMDb (around 6/10), and whilst you can't take that as gospel, it might make Sammo fans think twice...

Gram123's Top Songs Project

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 34
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 30/4/2008 11:27:13 PM   
oui3d

I have sat through Pantyhose Hero, Filthy Guy and End of the Wicked Tiger...

A bunch of tasteless pedantic Ritalin deficient teens is in no way going to influence my decision.

The man's a Legend.

< Message edited by oui3d -- 30/4/2008 11:32:15 PM >

No French, German, Spanish or Scandinavian film company is allowed to release a film in America. No British film company is allowed to release a film in America. And yet we allow America 100% access to our domestic market.

The best Star Wars film was directed by a 55 year old journeyman. Mental isn't it?

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 35
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 8/5/2008 3:34:20 PM   
Gram123

So, recent Sammo hung films Fatal Move and Three Kingdoms: Resurrection of the Dragon have just been released on DVD in HK.

We already know there are 2 more starring roles for Sammo - in Wushu and Duel. His next directorial effort, Howling Arrow (in which he will also star) appears to have been delayed to make way for the filming of these other projects.

Beyond these, Hung is performing action direction on the forthcoming Wilson Yip film The Legend of Yip Man aka Grandmaster Yip Man, which will star Donnie Yen in the lead role.

Then, Hung will star in a horror-comedy entitled V For Vampire to be directed by Vincent Kok.

The man is certainly busy these days!

< Message edited by Gram123 -- 8/5/2008 3:42:00 PM >

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 36
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 8/5/2008 3:39:49 PM   
Gram123

...and rumours are abounding that a sequel to recent Jackie Chan / Jet Li film Forbidden Kingdom may well be in the works, due to the success of the recent film.

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 37
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 8/5/2008 4:42:28 PM   
Gram123

.........and
Jackie Chan has done an "America's Next Top Model"-style reality show! I just found this and added it to Wiki - figured it's worth mentionning here, though we'll probably never get to see it:

quote:

Currently airing on China Beijing TV Station, is a reality television series entitled Disciple, which is produced by, and features Jackie Chan. The aim of the program is to find a new star, skilled in acting and martial arts, to become Chan's "successor". The series champion will be given the lead role in a film scripted by Chan, whilst several other exceptional finalists will be given the opportunity to join the Jackie Chan Stunt Team. Contestants are trained by Stunt Team members Alan Wu and He Jun and compete in various fields, including explosion scenes, high-altitude wire-suspension, gunplay, car stunts, diving, obstacles courses etc.
The regular judges on the program are He Ping, Wu Yue and Cheng Pei Pei. Guest judges include Stanley Tong, Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao. The "Finals" began on April 5, 2008, with 16 contestants remaining, and will conclude on June 7, 2008, with the series winner being announced in Beijing.

Here's the official website for the show: http://long.btv.com.cn/long/index.htm
It's in Chinese, but you very quickly get the point!

< Message edited by Gram123 -- 9/5/2008 2:45:21 PM >

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 38
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 16/5/2008 10:15:40 AM   
Timon

Nice! I wonder if the new disciple will be in Armour of God III?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 39
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 9/7/2008 12:42:06 PM   
Timon

quote:

.........and
Jackie Chan has done an "America's Next Top Model"-style reality show! I just found this and added it to Wiki - figured it's worth mentionning here, though we'll probably never get to see it:

quote:

Currently airing on China Beijing TV Station, is a reality television series entitled Disciple, which is produced by, and features Jackie Chan. The aim of the program is to find a new star, skilled in acting and martial arts, to become Chan's "successor". The series champion will be given the lead role in a film scripted by Chan, whilst several other exceptional finalists will be given the opportunity to join the Jackie Chan Stunt Team. Contestants are trained by Stunt Team members Alan Wu and He Jun and compete in various fields, including explosion scenes, high-altitude wire-suspension, gunplay, car stunts, diving, obstacles courses etc.
The regular judges on the program are He Ping, Wu Yue and Cheng Pei Pei. Guest judges include Stanley Tong, Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao. The "Finals" began on April 5, 2008, with 16 contestants remaining, and will conclude on June 7, 2008, with the series winner being announced in Beijing.

Here's the official website for the show: http://long.btv.com.cn/long/index.htm
It's in Chinese, but you very quickly get the point!

So who won this? The final was last month so surely HK cinema now has a new rising star?

Who is Jackie Chan's new disciple?

http://long.btv.com.cn/long/index.htm

I can't read Chinese! So-one please translate!

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 40
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 9/7/2008 1:39:11 PM   
Gram123

I think they halted the show due to the earthquake in China.
From the site it looks like there's still 11 contestants remaining (unless it just hasn't been updated).

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 41
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 4/8/2008 12:56:46 AM   
Gram123

The Disciple has now finished. The winner was someone called Jack Tu (Tu Sheng Cheng)
There's a (rather big) pic of the guy here: http://www.wu-jing.org/News/images/2008/2008_07_06_02_The_Disciple_sn.jpg

Yang Zheng was second: http://ent.sina.com.cn/m/2008-02-12/08461908329.shtml
Jerry Liau was third: http://ent.sina.com.cn/m/2008-02-12/08481908331.shtml

quote:

In conjunction with China Film Group, Emperor Motion Pictures, Beijing TV Station, Beijing Forbidden City Films, and his own studio, Jackie Chan will be producing three modern action movies 《速递206》 (Speedpost 206), 《不告诉你》 (Won't Tell You), 《热带气旋》 (Tropical Tornado) and one action TV series with them playing the lead roles. Production is expected to start in September.

The rest of the top 16 candidates will also have a chance to take part in the above projects. Stanley Tong and Peter Pau will be the executive producers, while Xie Dong, Jiang Tao and Cai Rong Hui will each direct a movie. Jackie Chan Stunt Team will choreograph the action.

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 42
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 25/8/2008 2:05:05 AM   
cobrakai

Fatal Move isn't very good. I have it on DVD and didn't enjoy it. Sammo plays a bad guy who ends up being not quite as bad as someone close to him. He only has one action scene, which feels tagged on right at the end to appease those people expecting to see him fighting rather than brooding. One to avoid.

I ain't got time to bleed....

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 43
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 6/11/2008 2:42:29 PM   
Gram123

Shinjuku Incident is now in post, and due for release in early 2009:

After that, Chan will star in US film The Spy Next Door.

This will be followed by (working title) Junior Soldier(s).

He will also appear in the forthcoming Beijing TV series New Shaolin Temple along with the finalists from The Disciple.

A follow up to Kung Fu Panda has also been announced, so Chan will be back providing the voiceover for Master Monkey sometime in 2010.

-----------

As for Sammo, Wushu  has just been released in HK cinemas:

Prior to that he appeared in Kung Fu Chefs - something that slipped under my radar until recently:

We're still waiting for 4 other Sammo films to be filmed / completed:
Howling Arrow:

The now renamed Ip Man (formerly The Legend of Yip Man):

Plus Duel
and  V For Vampire.

After (or amongst) all that, Hung will produce and co-star in He Who Would Be King, alongside Bruce Liang.

This will be followed by two further films in 2009, one directed by and starring Hung (for which he says he has funding in place already).

The other is an action comedy, which is in the early pre-production stage and in which, Sammo intends to cast his son Timmy Hung.

< Message edited by Gram123 -- 6/11/2008 2:46:45 PM >

(in reply to cobrakai)
Post #: 44
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 13/1/2009 8:13:03 PM   
Gram123

Somewhere in amongst all the above, Sammo will also appear in Kevin Munroe's War Monkeys.

See Empire article: http://www.empireonline.com/News/story.asp?nid=23700

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 45
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 14/1/2009 10:34:09 PM   
Dr Lenera

Does Jackie [and Sammo come to think of it] ever have a rest?  He must be around 50 now and never stops!

check out more of my reviews on http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 46
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 15/1/2009 9:13:04 AM   
Gram123

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dr Lenera

Does Jackie [and Sammo come to think of it] ever have a rest?  He must be around 50 now and never stops!

Simple answer is no, not really!

In one way or another, Chan has been involved in about 115 films since 1971 (a few more as child actor, and several more rumoured to be ahead). He has his own film production company and he's recorded 20 albums. He sometimes acts as a spokesman for the HK government. He also has his own lines of clothing, chocolates and cookies, sushi restaurants, cafes and gyms... etc etc

Sammo has been involved in around 230 films, plus several more as a child actor and several TV films. He's also been in at least 6 TV series and has had 4 film production companies.
He did kind of drop out of the limelight for a while from 1998 - 2003, I believe because he was too expensive - the films he wanted to make required bigger budgets than companies dared spend. So during that period of 6 years, he only made 9 films.

To us that seems quite a lot for a big name actors / directors / producers, but in the prolific HK film industry it's really not very much. In fact, if you take a comparable 6 year period from when he was in at the height of popularity, 1985 - 1990, he was involved in 56 films. Imagine a top Hollywood director or star making around 9 films a year...

(in reply to Dr Lenera)
Post #: 47
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 15/1/2009 9:27:49 AM   
Gram123

...Speaking of which, Jackie Chan update:

Shinjuku Incident is due to premier at the Hong Kong International Film Festival in March, and general HK cinema release in early April.

The Spy Next Door - filming is complete, and the film is now in post.

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 48
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 25/1/2009 5:17:46 PM   
Gram123

Rumours abound that Chan is considering taking on the Mr Miyagi role in Will Smith's remake of The Karate Kid.
It's apparently going to be set in China instead of the US, and will star Smith's son in the title role.
Director is set to be Harold Zwart (of Agent Cody Banks "fame").

Wonder if Will Smith even realises that karate and Pat Morita / Mr Miyagi are Japanese, not Chinese?

< Message edited by Gram123 -- 25/1/2009 5:23:43 PM >

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 49
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 25/1/2009 5:23:21 PM   
Gram123

The forthcoming Chan film previously known by the working title Junior Soldier may now be re-titled Big Soldier, Small General.

After that (and possibly the Karate Kid remake), Chan mentioned possibly remaking 90s 2-part film The Great Conquerer's Concubine (aka King of Western Chu).

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 50
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 25/1/2009 5:59:53 PM   
richCie

i posted the trailer for shinjuku incident in another thread, i'll repost it here for anyone who's interested. personally i think it looks rubbish (which is a shame since i loved Protege and One night In Mongkok, the directors previous films) but oh well:

http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/ah-much-better.-a-watchable-and-subtitled-trailer-for-derek-yees-shinjuku-i/

A Blog!! http://richcie.wordpress.com//

#5 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 51
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 4/2/2009 2:24:33 PM   
Gram123

Anthony Szeto's Wushu aka Wushu: The Young Generation was due for a DVD release on Jan 30th in HK, but looks to have been delayed a little.

(in reply to richCie)
Post #: 52
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 4/2/2009 2:26:07 PM   
Timon

Is it really too much to ask for an Armour of God III?

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 53
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 4/2/2009 2:45:37 PM   
Gram123

AOG III: Chinese Zodiac is still a possiblity, Timon.
However, I think Chan is going to have to hurry up if he's going to do many more HK action films.
He's got two or three other films lined up, which will probably take us to the end of the year, by which time he'll be 55.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 54
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 16/2/2009 4:54:14 PM   
Timon

quote:

...Speaking of which, Jackie Chan update:

Shinjuku Incident is due to premier at the Hong Kong International Film Festival in March, and general HK cinema release in early April.

Apparantly not in China though;
From IMDB:

Jackie Chan's new movie will not be released in China - because its director Derek Yee has deemed it "too violent" for the country's cinema-goers.
The action man appears in Shinjuku Incident, a Chinese-language film which stars Chan as a refugee who escapes to Japan and gets embroiled in the local gang culture.
The $25 million (17 million) movie features several gruesome scenes, including one character getting his hand chopped off and being stabbed with knives.
And while Yee believes the picture would pass China's strict censorship laws, he fears the violence would be too shocking for local audiences in a country that has no age restriction for movie releases.
He says, "We tried to cut the violent scenes to meet the requirements of the Chinese market, but producers I invited to watch that version thought it was incomplete. For us, the problem was just the violence."
Yee adds that Chan, who has invested some of his own money in the movie, agreed with his decision.
Shinjuku Incident will be released in Chan's native Hong Kong and southeast Asia in April, and in Japan in May.

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 55
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 29/3/2009 9:41:42 AM   
Gram123

Wushu, starring Sammo Hung is due on HK DVD (with English subs) on 2nd April.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 56
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 29/3/2009 8:30:43 PM   
Gram123

quote:

Rumours abound that Chan is considering taking on the Mr Miyagi role in Will Smith's remake of The Karate Kid.
It's apparently going to be set in China instead of the US, and will star Smith's son in the title role.
Director is set to be Harold Zwart (of Agent Cody Banks "fame").

Wonder if Will Smith even realises that karate and Pat Morita / Mr Miyagi are Japanese, not Chinese?

Chan has confirmed that he will star in the remake / reboot, to be re-titled The Kung Fu Kid. It wil be produced by Will Smith and Jerry Weintraub (who also co-produced the original film).
I'm not exactly filled with breathless anticipation for this one...

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 57
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 2/4/2009 9:43:28 PM   
Pherlygwen

It's Harald Zwart and he's also directed One Night At McCool's, but yeah... I agree, Gram, I'm not too eager about this either and I honestly can't see the point. I'd much rather see Jackie in something else; something other than a (sort of) remake.

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 58
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 27/4/2009 3:04:14 PM   
Gram123

Sammo Hung's Fatal Move is getting a R2 release.
Due out on 10th August from Showbox.

(in reply to Pherlygwen)
Post #: 59
RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films - 11/5/2009 11:27:25 PM   
Gram123

Oooh! ooh!

quote:

Chinese Zodiac Marks Jackie Chan's 100th Film  -- Chinese Zodiac --

Jackie Chan's 100th film, Armour of God III: Chinese Zodiac, is slated for production in latter half of this year. He would star in and co-direct Chinese Zodiac with Stanley Tong. Emperor Motion Pictures is producing the film and handling its distribution.

Jackie Chan says that he has been planning Chinese Zodiac for six years. It's a treasure hunting film that would send him globetrotting, and it'd be filmed on location in Paris, Vienna, Kazakhstan, Beijing, Hong Kong, etc. It would be something that is expected to move the hearts of all Chinese worldwide.  Xinjiang Daily

Ooh!

< Message edited by Gram123 -- 11/5/2009 11:28:33 PM >

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> World Cinema >> RE: Forthcoming Jackie Chan films Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI