Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread Page: <<   < prev  94 95 [96] 97 98   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 4/3/2012 3:53:43 PM   
rich

RIP to a master.

Hood_Man that piece isn't one of his though.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 2851
STAR WARS - 4/3/2012 5:03:41 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

RIP to a master.

Hood_Man that piece isn't one of his though.

Quite right rich... but THIS one is!

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 2852
RE: STAR WARS - 4/3/2012 6:14:45 PM   
simonmckergan1

Sad news indeed. Star Wars owed this guy a lot.

As you can see, my young apprentice, your friends have failed. Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station!

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 2853
RE: STAR WARS - 4/3/2012 6:36:12 PM   
Darth Marenghi

A lovely tribute to McQuarrie from George Lucas:

"I am deeply saddened by the passing of such a visionary artist and such a humble man. Ralph McQuarrie was the first person I hired to help me envision Star Wars. His genial contribution, in the form of unequaled production paintings, propelled and inspired all of the cast and crew of the original Star Wars trilogy. When words could not convey my ideas, I could always point to one of Ralph's fabulous illustrations and say, 'Do it like this.'

"Beyond the movies, his artwork has inspired at least two generations of younger artists—all of whom learned through Ralph that movies are designed. Like me, they were thrilled by his keen eye and creative imagination, which always brought concepts to their most ideal plateau. In many ways, he was a generous father to a conceptual art revolution that was born of his artwork, and which seized the imaginations of thousands and propelled them into the film industry. In that way, we will all be benefiting from his oeuvre for generations to come. Beyond that, I will always remember him as a kind and patient, and wonderfully talented, friend and collaborator."

—George Lucas

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to simonmckergan1)
Post #: 2854
RE: STAR WARS - 4/3/2012 6:38:59 PM   
Saltire

A sad loss indeed, RIP to a legend.

(in reply to simonmckergan1)
Post #: 2855
RE: STAR WARS - 5/3/2012 9:11:05 PM   
Scruffybobby

Wittertainment Wars Episode I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GYqhEgJBzEY#!

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 2856
RE: STAR WARS - 6/3/2012 1:17:16 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

Wittertainment Wars Episode I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GYqhEgJBzEY#!

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 2857
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 6/3/2012 11:20:53 AM   
Chief

Sad news about Ralph McQuarrie, his images are amazing. I'm not into toy/figure collecting but I always fancied getting some of his signature collection, his concepts in figure form.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 2858
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 6/3/2012 6:07:17 PM   
rich

http://blastr.com/2012/03/12-crazy-homemade-boba-fe.php#1

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 2859
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 7/3/2012 2:52:54 PM   
Spaldron

lol looks like a TIE Fighter. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hahaha-lol-looks-like-a-TIE-Fighter/260961090740?sk=wall

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 2860
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 7/3/2012 9:03:04 PM   
azzman1984

Topher Grace of That 70's Show and Predators fame has edit the Star Wars Prequels into one 85 minute movie!!

http://collider.com/topher-grace-star-wars-prequels/150596/#more-150596

(in reply to Jaina Skywalker Solo)
Post #: 2861
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 7/3/2012 9:14:09 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: azzman1984

Topher Grace of That 70's Show and Predators fame has edit the Star Wars Prequels into one 85 minute movie!!

Maybe he should have spent his time editing himself out of Spiderman 3.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to azzman1984)
Post #: 2862
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 8/3/2012 9:23:23 PM   
Scott_

quote:

Thats pretty cool, sounds much better than the 3 films we got even if ROTS is awesome. I'd love to see it released at some point.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to azzman1984)
Post #: 2863
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 9/3/2012 8:25:08 AM   
darthbane

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

quote:

Maybe he should have spent his time editing himself out of Spiderman 3.

"You're not safe here. No one is" Batman - Arkham City

http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/darthbane

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 2864
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 10/3/2012 9:16:42 AM   
Sotto Voce

quote:

So he got over 6 hours down to 85 minutes, and it still makes sense. George Lucas not the most economical film maker, then.

All things digested have a similar hue.

(in reply to azzman1984)
Post #: 2865
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 10/3/2012 3:33:12 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sotto Voce

quote:

So he got over 6 hours down to 85 minutes, and it still makes sense. George Lucas not the most economical film maker, then.

The idea of opening the film with the lightsaber duel from TPM is brilliant. Immediately cut to the good stuff and leave out all the crap that came before it, genius.

(in reply to Sotto Voce)
Post #: 2866
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 24/3/2012 6:31:06 PM   
djdarrenjames

How do you make boba fett even sexier?

This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then - explode.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 2867
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 24/3/2012 6:38:59 PM   
Rgirvan44

Girls who nerdbait are the worst.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to djdarrenjames)
Post #: 2868
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 30/3/2012 2:51:52 PM   
jediwarrior

I saw her at Celebration V in Florida in 2010

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to djdarrenjames)
Post #: 2869
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 14/4/2012 9:27:01 PM   
jcthefirst

Watching Episode 3 right now. Not nearly as bad as I remember it, but still pretty bad.

However, the Order 66 scene is still really affecting.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 2870
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 15/4/2012 9:14:51 AM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

Watching Episode 3 right now. Not nearly as bad as I remember it, but still pretty bad.

Revenge of the Sith? No its not bad at all, its superior to Episode 1 and 2 in a lot of ways.

With Revenge Lucas had finally perfected his CGI effects, they look way more stunning and believable than Clones. (knowing Lucas' love of tapping up his previous works with CGI, i'd love it if he could go back and perfect some of the godawful CGI scenes in Clones, like the diner scene and the Kamino scenes - maybe Lucas can go 'anti-A New Hope' and replace Dexter with a real human! ).

The story is more darker, with quite a few affecting scenes like you mentioned, 'order 66' as well as Padme's death.

I love the scene of the Boga chasing Grevious' devious skinny ass! Also the shots of Kashyyyk, the Wookie home planet looks stunning. Love the cameo by the Millenium Falcon (i spotted it straight away whilst watching it at the cinema!). I loved the death of Mace Windu - he was getting a little too pig headed , but I did not love Kit Fisto's death - went down like a bitch! I thought he's have a bit more fight in him but he went out by the hands of an old asthmatic codger! I could see Anakin's frustrations with the Jedi because they treated him like a kid. He's a rebel with a cause!

< Message edited by Nexus Wookie -- 15/4/2012 9:25:07 AM >

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 2871
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 17/4/2012 1:32:11 PM   
MartinBlank76

quote:

I havent watched Ep 3 in a while but I am a fan. I think there is a lot of stuff to enjoy in it. The visuals, score, the opening battle, obiwan v grievous, order 66, obiwan v anakin, jimmy smits...I am struggling to remember more but I know there is other stuff I really liked! Time for a rewatch I think.

I'm just a fella. I think beer should be cold and boots should be dusty. I think 911 was bad. And freedom? Well, I think thats just a little bit better.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 2872
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 18/4/2012 12:36:31 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

quote:

I love the scene of the Boga chasing Grevious' devious skinny ass! Also the shots of Kashyyyk, the Wookie home planet looks stunning. Love the cameo by the Millenium Falcon (i spotted it straight away whilst watching it at the cinema!). I loved the death of Mace Windu - he was getting a little too pig headed , but I did not love Kit Fisto's death - went down like a bitch! I thought he's have a bit more fight in him but he went out by the hands of an old asthmatic codger! I could see Anakin's frustrations with the Jedi because they treated him like a kid. He's a rebel with a cause!

Never realised the Falcon was in Ep3 - just had a look at a screenshot, well fancy that!

Annakin was an idiot, played like an annoying teenager with zero endearing qualities or charisma - might aswell have stuck a hoody on him (come to think of it they kinda did). Hard to find any sympathy with the kid. His switch to the dark side was all too quick and made no bloody sense. Killing kids?! It didn't fit with his character and was just thrown in there by Lucas as the worst possible act thereby giving him no way back. Lazy and stupid. His turn to the dark side was surely supposed to be the main arc of the 3 films but 90% of it seemed crammed into the last half hour. That is something I can never understand and a big reason why the prequels sucked for the most part for me.

< Message edited by fuzzy -- 18/4/2012 12:53:40 PM >

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 2873
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 18/4/2012 12:42:01 PM   
jcthefirst

The thing that annoyed me most on rewatch was the main reason for turning to the Dark Side was to save Padme.

And then soon after she arrives on Mustafar he force chokes her after jumping to the wrong conclusion.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 2874
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 18/4/2012 1:00:02 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

The thing that annoyed me most on rewatch was the main reason for turning to the Dark Side was to save Padme.

And then soon after she arrives on Mustafar he force chokes her after jumping to the wrong conclusion.

Like I said Annakin was an idiot, a petulant teenager if you will. The change from good to evil was rushed and messily done. If Lucas had devoted more time to this than throwing in pointless CGI characters and sub plots, he might have been on to something. The bare bones were there, he just had no idea how to flesh them out.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 2875
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 18/4/2012 3:39:35 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzy

Like I said Annakin was an idiot, a petulant teenager if you will. The change from good to evil was rushed and messily done. If Lucas had devoted more time to this than throwing in pointless CGI characters and sub plots, he might have been on to something. The bare bones were there, he just had no idea how to flesh them out.

Exactly. Poorly conceived, poorly fleshed out, poorly written, poorly scripted, poorly acted and poorly directed.

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 2876
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 18/4/2012 7:52:07 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

He didnt jump to the wrong conclusion.She made it quite clear that she was horrified by what Anakin had done and wasnt going to go along with what he had planned for his ''new empire''.Anakin was going to harm Padme even if Obi Wan wasnt there.When Anakin shouts '' Your with him! '', its not that he thinks that shes been seeing Kenobi behind his back, but that shes on the side of the Jedi.

Saving Padme was one of the reasons why he turned but not the only one.It was established in the picnic scene in AOTC that he didnt approve of the way the galaxy was being run and genuinely beleived his and Palpatines way was the right one.In any case i dont think he would have commited such evil acts if he hadnt been backed into a corner by the events in ROTS.When he showed up at Palpatines office during the lightsaber fight his intention wasnt to turn to the dark side, It was obvious that he wanted Palpatine taken alive but it was Maces intention to execute Palpatine that forced Anakins hand and once he had inadvertantly been complicit in Windus death there was no turning back.

By the end of the film Anakin had become so overwhelmed with the power of the dark side that it was like a drug that he had gotten addicted to.Its the old power corrupts absolutely thing.

Anakin may have said that he couldnt live without Padme, but Vader could.

Overall, a fantastic movie.And one i can watch again and again.

< Message edited by Cool Breeze -- 18/4/2012 7:57:53 PM >

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 2877
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 18/4/2012 9:08:22 PM   
Nihilism in the UK

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

quote:

], but I did not love Kit Fisto's death - went down like a bitch! I thought he's have a bit more fight in him but he went out by the hands of an old asthmatic codger!

I pretty much felt the same way. It would of been great if that scene had been a proper 4 vs 1 fight, to show just how powerful Palpatine was. Even though he was capable of immediately killing the 3 support Jedi, it would of been cool to see him 'toy' with them first.

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 2878
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 18/4/2012 9:57:07 PM   
rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzy

Exactly. Poorly conceived, poorly fleshed out, poorly written, poorly scripted, poorly acted and poorly directed.

I like the soundtrack, but thats about all.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 2879
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 19/4/2012 12:53:46 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nihilism in the UK

I pretty much felt the same way. It would of been great if that scene had been a proper 4 vs 1 fight, to show just how powerful Palpatine was. Even though he was capable of immediately killing the 3 support Jedi, it would of been cool to see him 'toy' with them first.

That fight was awful because Ian McDiarmid apparently did zero preparation so they basically had to choreograph it on the spot. Its by far the worst lightsaber fight in the entire saga.

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

I like the soundtrack, but thats about all.

Hence why I didn't slate it. Pretty much the best thing about the whole PT is Williams score.

< Message edited by Spaldron -- 19/4/2012 1:19:36 AM >

(in reply to Nihilism in the UK)
Post #: 2880
Page:   <<   < prev  94 95 [96] 97 98   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread Page: <<   < prev  94 95 [96] 97 98   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI