Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 27/4/2007 8:55:22 AM   
simonmckergan1

That's how I read that scene as well.  Since Obi-Wan had tried it on Maul he was more than wily for the too emotionally charged Anakin.  Then in Star Wars, Sith are always brought down when they are most complacent. 

As you can see, my young apprentice, your friends have failed. Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station!

(in reply to Jaina Skywalker Solo)
Post #: 31
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 27/4/2007 10:06:10 AM   
parsonage84

Anyone know much about this Celebration thing thats going on

The Jerk store called, they're running out of you

the King forever rembered 1958 - 2009

(in reply to simonmckergan1)
Post #: 32
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 27/4/2007 10:12:14 AM   
Mikey C

Yeah, Darth Maul lost because he was being smug and gloating; a trait a good Jedi should supress. Obi-Wan was really angry, though, which he shouldn't have been, but he learnt from his mistake; by the time of Episode 3 he really is an ace Jedi.

the kind of place where there might be a monster or some kind of weird mirror.
how can they hear us say those words, and still they don't believe us?
my website www.mikeynet.co.uk
My internet ramblings

(in reply to parsonage84)
Post #: 33
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 27/4/2007 10:14:26 AM   
simonmckergan1

From Starwars.com"Fox will air a special one hour "Family Guy" episode that's a tribute to the Star Wars Saga as unique as only MacFarlane and his talented team of writers can make it. Fans at Celebration IV will be treated to a first look at parts of the episode, called Blue Harvest, and will have the opportunity to hear about it from MacFarlane and members of his team."

Sounds like a laugh.

As you can see, my young apprentice, your friends have failed. Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station!

Post #: 34
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 27/4/2007 10:18:47 AM   
parsonage84

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/museum/news20070419.html

Guess right place to put this, looks good might try and go if in London over summer

Post #: 35
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 27/4/2007 10:26:52 AM   
simonmckergan1

Loving this thread by the way.  IThere is a lot of Star Wars hate on the main forum.  Why is it suddenly so popular to slag Star Wars?  I also noticed the backlash againist LOTR has begun in earnest as well.

Post #: 36
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 27/4/2007 10:27:43 AM   
gboywonder

quote:

ORIGINAL: parsonage84

quote:

ORIGINAL: gboywonder

Hope this is right place to post this - considered starting new thread but guessing someone will read this sometime and its been bugging me for years!

Around the release of Episode I i bought a Star Wars comic-book/magazine because it had a couple of posters in it which were cool... one was of the droids and Jar Jar i think but the other was an awesome mid-battle shot of Obi Wan and Darth Maul, lightsabers and all in the middle of the Tattooine desert.

Cut to a few weeks later - i see the movie, come home and see the poster on my wall and realise "Hang on!  That didn't actually happen right!?"  Of course Qui Gon fights with Maul in the desert but Obi Wan doesnt get in on the action till much later on in the movie...

Does anyone have any idea on what this was all about?  To my knowledge it wasnt even a deleted scene on the DVD's or anything.  Trying desperatly to find that damn poster now to prove my point as im sure many people are thinking im a little bit mental as of now... :-)

Yeah i had that poster

doesnt help you i know but still just thought i let u know

Helps me a lot actually mate - was starting to believe I had imagined it myself!  No-one else seems to remember it except for my brother (not the most reliable source!) and I can't find the bloody thing anywhere!

Cheers for the support tho.    Im still very curious about the scene.

"Your looks are becoming a problem!!"

Post #: 37
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 27/4/2007 11:28:30 AM   
simonmckergan1

The desert fight was orginally supposed to be much longer with Maul fightening Qui-Gon above the Naboo ship before he was pushed  off.  Only part of this scene remains, a Maul looks up after falling to see the ship fly away.  I always wondered why it wasn't a deleted scene.  It also appeared in the novel.  As for the Obi-Wan Vs Maul poster I would guess that it was a publicity shot, rather than any actual scene.

(in reply to gboywonder)
Post #: 38
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 27/4/2007 12:13:21 PM   
Jaina Skywalker Solo

quote:

ORIGINAL: simonmckergan1

From Starwars.com"Fox will air a special one hour "Family Guy" episode that's a tribute to the Star Wars Saga as unique as only MacFarlane and his talented team of writers can make it. Fans at Celebration IV will be treated to a first look at parts of the episode, called Blue Harvest, and will have the opportunity to hear about it from MacFarlane and members of his team."

Sounds wicked.

Anyone seen the Simpsons episode where they are very unsubtley ripping the p*** out of George Lucas and The Phantom Menace?  It was on Sky One the other week (probably a repeat), was very funny indeed.

Jedi scum and proud of it

Post #: 39
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 27/4/2007 12:42:34 PM   
Charlie Burns

quote:

The desert fight was orginally supposed to be much longer with Maul fightening Qui-Gon above the Naboo ship before he was pushed  off.  Only part of this scene remains, a Maul looks up after falling to see the ship fly away.  I always wondered why it wasn't a deleted scene.  It also appeared in the novel.  As for the Obi-Wan Vs Maul poster I would guess that it was a publicity shot, rather than any actual scene.

Should blatantly have put that in.If they were worried about it making the film too long simply cut down the Jar Jar scenes. More Maul is what we wanted. That fox thing should be pretty cool as well, anyone know when its coming out or where it can be seen

Sex Panther

Post #: 40
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 27/4/2007 12:49:53 PM   
simonmckergan1

Love the part in that episode when the big robot comes stroming into the senate, the audience gets all excited, however it just starts to debate amendments lol.

Post #: 41
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 27/4/2007 12:57:12 PM   
Seth_Gecko

Definatly more Maul he s one Bad Ass.  

(in reply to Charlie Burns)
Post #: 42
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 27/4/2007 12:58:23 PM   
Jaina Skywalker Solo

quote:

Love the part in that episode when the big robot comes stroming into the senate, the audience gets all excited, however it just starts to debate amendments lol.

Yeah!  Lol.

I'm feeling your Jar Jar hate, Charlie.  I wish they'd killed the f*cker off in AotC.

"What haf yoo done?  Mesa annoying sh*t!"

Post #: 43
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 27/4/2007 1:00:01 PM   
simonmckergan1

Can't believe I'm going to use my 200th post to say this:  I don't mind Jar Jar.  At least he had a point in AOTC. 

Post #: 44
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 27/4/2007 1:02:26 PM   
Seth_Gecko

I can tolerate Jar Jar he has he s point but i wish he didn t have so much of a part.

Post #: 45
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 27/4/2007 1:13:34 PM   
simonmckergan1

I wonder who the most popular and least popular Star Wars charcter is?

Most popular:  Han Solo
Least popular: Panaka (he became a Moff)

(in reply to Seth_Gecko)
Post #: 46
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 27/4/2007 1:31:33 PM   
clownfoot

Hmm, I'm not really one for the more recent trilogy. It just didn't work for me, despite the presence of some typically splendid Star Wars moments that wouldn't have seemed out of place in the original trilogy. But, alas, there was too much that just made it all seem a little bit, y'know... meh! Binks doesn't help much, niether did Anakin's brooding come across more like teenage angst, and it all seemed far too airbrushed and CGI'd loosing the charm of the settings and vehicles from the original. The teribly corny dialogue didn't work either, which says something about how well it works in the original trilogy. A shame. Still the original trilogy are magnificent, as my watch of them recently proves....

Star Wars: A New Hope

I've suddenly just realised that there's no better film to stick on when doing the ironing. You can quote as you iron whilst Luke feels the force and sticks it to the Empire, Han mugs off Leia for wearing croissants on her ears, Chewie gives a low roar for being referred to as a walking carpet, Obi Wan does one in the hope that he won't be remembered for spouting ridiculous dialogue above quality fare like Bridge on the River Kwai and Darth Vader becomes the biggest bad-ass in film. And that's without mentioning stormtroopers, Jawas, camp droids, blasters, X-Wings, Tie-Fighters, Wedge, the Millenium Falcon and the still fantastic, even after all these years, final attack on the Death Star and the wonderful Dambusters styled trench run. Makes doing the ironing a joy...

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

Well, after watching A New Hope it would be rude not to watch Empire now would it? What do you mean Han remains frozen in carbonite? How can Vader and Luke be related? How can it end with the Empire winning? Dark and brooding in it's more detailed account of the mysticism behind the Force and Luke's training as a Jedi (including the wonderful score) Empire is masterful stuff. And Bobafett's in it - bonus!

Star Wars: Return of the Jedi

Even with the smegging Ewoks, Jedi is a perfect example of how to wrap up the finale to a trilogy. Brilliant stuff from start to finish - the Falcon tearing out of the Death Star with flames licking up it's exhaust and the final battle between Vader and Luke still sends a shiver up the spine. And it has one of the best shots in a film I've ever seen (the Tie-Fighters turning up via the point of vew of Lando in the Falcon - fanfuckingtastic), the best light-saber duel in the whole trilogy between Vadar and Luke (it's the emotion, man) and the best use of yub-nub in a closing tune yet crafted! Awesome, despite the smegging Ewoks.

< Message edited by clownfoot -- 27/4/2007 1:36:15 PM >

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

Post #: 47
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 27/4/2007 1:34:41 PM   
King_Bard

Most Popular: for me its hans solo but i also like Ackbar, Darth Mual and Wedge..i alos think Piett is the best empire character

Least Popular: I agree on Panaka..i never liked him..i also never liked salicoius crumb and that jedi who trys and kills count dooku in AOTC....but gets shot by Jango

Post #: 48
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 27/4/2007 1:39:18 PM   
Jaina Skywalker Solo

quote:

I wonder who the most popular and least popular Star Wars charcter is?

Most popular:  Han Solo
Least popular: Panaka (he became a Moff)

Most Popular: Han Solo
Least Popular: Jar Jar Binks, by a country mile (runner up: Dexter Jester)

You are both surprisingly tolerant; I despise Jar Jar's every shoddy pixel.

My mum thinks he's hilarious though.

Post #: 49
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 27/4/2007 1:57:38 PM   
clownfoot

Surely Boba Fett is the most popular character of the Star Wars universe...

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

Post #: 50
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 27/4/2007 2:00:24 PM   
King_Bard

nah he dies like a punk

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 51
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 27/4/2007 3:05:14 PM   
Jaina Skywalker Solo

quote:

ORIGINAL: clownfoot

Ha, not since they re-dubbed him with that God-awful Kiwi accent. 

His original voice was so cool.

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 52
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 27/4/2007 3:09:11 PM   
simonmckergan1

As a EU nerd I can assure you that Fett didn't die when he fell into the Sarlac.

Post #: 53
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 27/4/2007 3:14:57 PM   
clownfoot

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jaina Skywalker Solo

quote:

Ha, not since they re-dubbed him with that God-awful Kiwi accent. 

His original voice was so cool.

They've re-dubbed him?

Post #: 54
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 27/4/2007 3:20:09 PM   
simonmckergan1

In the DVD's he sounds like his daddy, Jango.  Just doesn't sound as cool as the orginal voice.

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 55
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 27/4/2007 3:28:23 PM   
Jaina Skywalker Solo

quote:

They've re-dubbed him?

Yeah, remember in the original original trilogy Boba had a distorted, walkie-talkie type voice which was very, very cool?  Well since Georgie messed about with ESB, Boba now has this horrid Kiwi accent (to tie-in with Jango and Boba in the prequels).  No offence intended to Kiwis, but it really isn't the most pleasant accent in the world.

Out of all the alterations George made to the OT, I think that one bugs me the most.  That and those damn singing aliens... *shudder*

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 56
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 27/4/2007 4:32:25 PM   
King_Bard

Still fett did get "killed" in the movies by a blind man with a stick

Post #: 57
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 27/4/2007 6:32:59 PM   
parsonage84

Best scene in New Hope

Best scene ESB

Could only be one

Best scene in ROTJ Just love the emotion and the music during their final battle

Phantom menace
 Probably the best lightsaber in series

AOTC not much else to choose

ROTS

(in reply to King_Bard)
Post #: 58
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 27/4/2007 6:34:24 PM   
parsonage84

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: parsonage84

quote:

Hope this is right place to post this - considered starting new thread but guessing someone will read this sometime and its been bugging me for years!

Around the release of Episode I i bought a Star Wars comic-book/magazine because it had a couple of posters in it which were cool... one was of the droids and Jar Jar i think but the other was an awesome mid-battle shot of Obi Wan and Darth Maul, lightsabers and all in the middle of the Tattooine desert.

Cut to a few weeks later - i see the movie, come home and see the poster on my wall and realise "Hang on!  That didn't actually happen right!?"  Of course Qui Gon fights with Maul in the desert but Obi Wan doesnt get in on the action till much later on in the movie...

Does anyone have any idea on what this was all about?  To my knowledge it wasnt even a deleted scene on the DVD's or anything.  Trying desperatly to find that damn poster now to prove my point as im sure many people are thinking im a little bit mental as of now... :-)

Yeah i had that poster

doesnt help you i know but still just thought i let u know

Helps me a lot actually mate - was starting to believe I had imagined it myself!  No-one else seems to remember it except for my brother (not the most reliable source!) and I can't find the bloody thing anywhere!

Cheers for the support tho.    Im still very curious about the scene.

Was that it?

(in reply to gboywonder)
Post #: 59
RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread - 27/4/2007 7:11:40 PM   
rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: King_Bard

Still fett did get "killed" in the movies by a blind man with a stick

Yeah makes the whole back story in AOTC so worth it. But still his original scratchy sort of almost Irish voice was cool plus he actually put some acting in the 3 lines or however many he got. Way to understand genetics.

Anyway no matter how much they've ballsed up the DVD releases, Star Wars is still amazing. Just when I think I've had enough, I go and buy a shirt with a Lego Han Solo on it

< Message edited by rich -- 27/4/2007 7:20:55 PM >

(in reply to King_Bard)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: Star Wars: The Empire Thread Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI