Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Lord Of The Rings

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: The Lord Of The Rings Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Lord Of The Rings - 20/8/2007 11:34:24 PM   
mafyou

I will listen to Gollum's Song as i can't recall it off the top of my head. Otherwise i'd probably have mentioned it. I'd agree with you Gimli, probably because i prefer Enya's voice. Only just though.

Et In Arcadia Ego

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 151
RE: The Lord Of The Rings - 21/8/2007 12:59:02 AM   
Rgirvan44

So someone at youtube has posted the animated verisons of both The Hobbit and Return of The King. Never saw these two films before...and now I wish I never had. I tell you, makes you marvel at just how well Jackson translated the books when you see the results of these cartoons.

The Minstel of Gondor? Wtf!?

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to mafyou)
Post #: 152
RE: The Lord Of The Rings - 21/8/2007 1:49:10 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

I might watch them for comedy value. Then again, I still have nightmares about the animated LOTR. Rarely have I seen anything so bad!

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 153
RE: The Lord Of The Rings - 21/8/2007 11:41:53 AM   
mafyou

I think i will avoid. BUT i do need to rewatch LotR again soon.

I've just heard Gollum's Song. I remembered it straight away. It's brilliant. Not as good as May It Be. But by God it's got me in the LotR mood!

< Message edited by mafyou -- 21/8/2007 12:05:16 PM >

Et In Arcadia Ego

Post #: 154
RE: The Lord Of The Rings - 24/8/2007 9:07:59 PM   
coolstar

Fotr is not my favorite but i understand why people like it. It was hard to start a very big trilogy and introduce people of middle earth ! TTT was much better it had more action and it was building up . Rotk the battle for middle eart starts enough said !!!!!!!!!

I am going Deep Deep undercover

(in reply to mafyou)
Post #: 155
RE: The Lord Of The Rings - 30/8/2007 11:02:20 PM   
King_Bard

I found ROTK the most disapointing....Mainly the paths of dead and Pelanoer Fields bits....though the charge of the Rohirrim was brilliant.....

(in reply to coolstar)
Post #: 156
RE: The Lord Of The Rings - 30/8/2007 11:10:45 PM   
mafyou

quote:

ORIGINAL: King_Bard

I found ROTK the most disapointing....Mainly the paths of dead and Pelanoer Fields bits....though the charge of the Rohirrim was brilliant.....

The speech before has me welling up.

Et In Arcadia Ego

(in reply to King_Bard)
Post #: 157
RE: The Lord Of The Rings - 1/9/2007 3:43:16 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

That's one of the many moments thet gets me going. Geez, just listening to the music can get me all misty-eyed

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Much more better!

(in reply to mafyou)
Post #: 158
RE: The Lord Of The Rings - 2/9/2007 1:49:32 PM   
King_Bard

The thing i get mostly annoyed with the movies are the changes Jackson made form the book.....most of them just seem unessecary like when Frodo tells Sam to go home. The Frodo in the book would of never done that. And how the characters of Aragorn, Faramir and Denether were completely changed....why did Jackson feel the need to do that....and i havent even mentioined the elves at Helms Deep or the paths of dead bits.

Post #: 159
RE: The Lord Of The Rings - 5/9/2007 11:47:48 AM   
shool

I remember saying at the end of ROTK that everyone else had just better give up making movies from now as nothing is ever going to top the LOTR trilogy.

It still stands that nothing has surpassed it.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to King_Bard)
Post #: 160
RE: The Lord Of The Rings - 5/9/2007 2:45:06 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

I remember saying at the end of ROTK that everyone else had just better give up making movies from now as nothing is ever going to top the LOTR trilogy.

LOTR are fantastic, but in terms of spectacle IMO transformers came close!

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 161
RE: The Lord Of The Rings - 5/9/2007 2:48:09 PM   
mafyou

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

quote:

LOTR are fantastic, but in terms of spectacle IMO transformers came close!

Eh..what? Seriously, i reckon i must of seen a completely different film to everyone else. Transformers sucked. And i mean i'm a big Transformers fan.

Et In Arcadia Ego

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 162
RE: The Lord Of The Rings - 5/9/2007 3:26:06 PM   
kumar

Well im not saying that transformers is a better film because its not. i think LOTR are vastly superior than the other films i have seen, and i cant imagine how they would have been

portrayed on the screen any differently, other than 1 or 2 niggles. I only saw ROTK at the cinema as before i wasnt interested in them at all. but after constantly seeing the trailer on the

rush hour dvd i was persuaded by the older brother to read the books before which i did. I thought ROTK was the finest film i had seen both in terms of spectacle and story.

While transformers' plot wasnt really amazing, the whole feel of it was incredible, much to what i felt like ROTK

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to mafyou)
Post #: 163
RE: The Lord Of The Rings - 5/9/2007 4:06:56 PM   
shool

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

Well im not saying that transformers is a better film because its not. i think LOTR are vastly superior than the other films i have seen, and i cant imagine how they would have been

portrayed on the screen any differently, other than 1 or 2 niggles. I only saw ROTK at the cinema as before i wasnt interested in them at all. but after constantly seeing the trailer on the

rush hour dvd i was persuaded by the older brother to read the books before which i did. I thought ROTK was the finest film i had seen both in terms of spectacle and story.

While transformers' plot wasnt really amazing, the whole feel of it was incredible, much to what i felt like ROTK

Sorry dude, not in the same league. Hell not even the same sport.

[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 164
RE: The Lord Of The Rings - 7/9/2007 2:32:42 PM   
King_Bard

While i loved Transformers ,Lord of the rings is so much better if you forget about the books, that is

< Message edited by King_Bard -- 15/1/2008 9:32:16 AM >

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 165
RE: The Lord Of The Rings - 9/9/2007 11:20:50 PM   
mafyou

Watched The Two Towers on 4 tonight. I just meant to watch bits of it but i got so drawn in. I cried as well. I'm sure it's the only film that really gets me going. All of them make me cry at somepoint. More usually it's more than once. Truly amazing.

Et In Arcadia Ego

(in reply to King_Bard)
Post #: 166
RE: The Lord Of The Rings - 9/9/2007 11:28:12 PM   
clownfoot

quote:

Apart from Dead Man's Shoes of course...

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 167
RE: The Lord Of The Rings - 10/9/2007 4:13:20 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: mafyou

Watched The Two Towers on 4 tonight. I just meant to watch bits of it but i got so drawn in. I cried as well. I'm sure it's the only film that really gets me going. All of them make me cry at somepoint. More usually it's more than once. Truly amazing.

I turned on just as the Ents started to match, that got me started. I've always wondered why a bunch of talkin trees should make me so emotional. I love the way the three stories head towards their climax at this point, as we go to Frodo and Sam and the fight in Osgiliath, and then the supremely awesome moment of Gandalf and the Rohirrim arriving at Helm's Deep. That latter scene just stuns me every time, The perfect combination of imagery and music.

My sister saw more than I did and said that certain moments were missing. I know they were showing the theatrical editions but she swears blind some bits had been cut.

Much more better!

(in reply to mafyou)
Post #: 168
RE: The Lord Of The Rings - 10/9/2007 10:16:27 AM   
mafyou

Your sister may have been right. But then again it could just be that she's watched the Extended Cut so often she forgot what was in the theatrical cut in the first place. I know i just gave up caring. It's not as good without the extra bits inserted though. She may have been right especially if it was violence or something early on?

Et In Arcadia Ego

Post #: 169
RE: The Lord Of The Rings - 10/9/2007 11:26:31 AM   
Piles

Id say the Two Towers is the best film from the trilogy, and the only better trilogy out there is the Godfather. My favourite scene is the Ent Moot, with my favourite line being when we go back to the ents, and the whole cinema audience wants to go back to the battle of Helm's Deep, and we get the two-three minute scene of Treebeard saying "You have to understand it takes a long time to say anything in old entish, and we ents don't bother saying anything, unless it is taking a long time to say." or something like that.

Top 100 Moz Songs / Top 100 Films

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 170
RE: The Lord Of The Rings - 11/9/2007 5:01:21 PM   
mafyou

I re-read Empire's piece on LotR it was very good. And i do appreciate the criticisms that Empire lays at Jacksons door but i just don't care! The good sooooo outways the bad!

Et In Arcadia Ego

(in reply to Piles)
Post #: 171
RE: The Lord Of The Rings - 11/9/2007 9:55:35 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

I know exactly what you mean. The films aren't flawless, no film is, but there's just so much to love then geting bogged with the faults of the films seem silly. Also, and I've said this many times before, I've never seen a film in which all the separate elements come together so well, to make the most complete and fulfilling film experience. 

< Message edited by Gimli The Dwarf -- 12/9/2007 11:51:13 AM >

Much more better!

(in reply to mafyou)
Post #: 172
RE: The Lord Of The Rings - 15/9/2007 5:37:27 PM   
sserplla

agree with the above. i can't see how anyone could really hate LOTR and, even worse, how people find them boring!!!. Those are the people who just don't understand films and who think Michael Bay is a god.

tell me what's on your, so-called, mind....

Post #: 173
RE: The Lord Of The Rings - 15/9/2007 11:52:06 PM   
King_Bard

Everyone has got different tastes....
I dont hate LOTR.....but as a massive fan of the books i just get annoyed at the changes Jackson made to the movies from the books...
If it wasent for that i would call LOTR a oustanding set of films....the hype running up to the films is a thing i will never forget...

(in reply to sserplla)
Post #: 174
RE: The Lord Of The Rings - 16/9/2007 9:06:38 PM   
elven

An amazing film, totally changed my views on things, im saddened that over the years theyve become burried and i just cant find time to watch them. But wow so many scenes, and the acting, it isnt acting, its just the characters, just amazing, no faults there and wow, ROTK merges the action of TTT and the specticle of FOTR together seamlessly, just an amazing trilogy, just wished ROTK could of out grossed titanic.

(in reply to coolstar)
Post #: 175
RE: The Lord Of The Rings - 16/9/2007 10:15:29 PM   
Stryder

Time and hyp has the effect of weakening things and taking them for granted. Looking back on the LOTR's now and watching them again it has to be said that they have to be three of, if not the, best films ever made. Whether your a fan or not, the difficulty and techincal achievement of bringing something so epic, fantasy-based, deep and complex to the screen, let alone make into a credible film with all the structural elements and cinematic rules necessary, and to do it to an extremely high quality three times over is just absolutely unbelieveable.

You should always go with your first true feelings, instincts and reactions with things in life and when i sat down for the first time to watch FOTR it just took my breath away. Fantasy buff or non-fantasy buff, you can't deny they are a work of cinematic genius.

(in reply to elven)
Post #: 176
RE: The Lord Of The Rings - 17/9/2007 6:56:32 PM   
coolstar

I wish they where shown in the cinema again the experience is breath taking.. I like all three of them and are outstanding achivement in cinema history.

I am going Deep Deep undercover

(in reply to Stryder)
Post #: 177
RE: The Lord Of The Rings - 18/9/2007 1:21:44 AM   
mafyou

RotK was on in a bar at my Uni the other night (no sound) and there was something else going on that wasn't that great and everyone has said they half had their eye on LotR when something good wasn't on. Obviously, most of the time there was no need but everyone kept looking up just to see where Frodo was or whatever. Made me smile.

Et In Arcadia Ego

(in reply to coolstar)
Post #: 178
RE: The Lord Of The Rings - 18/9/2007 9:03:39 AM   
King_Bard

I have to agree with you their......When i went to watch the LOTR films at the cinmea, they were outsatnding.....It was only after i brought them on Dvd that i started to moan about them..

(in reply to coolstar)
Post #: 179
RE: The Lord Of The Rings - 21/9/2007 2:27:45 PM   
shool

quote:

ORIGINAL: King_Bard

I have to agree with you their......When i went to watch the LOTR films at the cinmea, they were outsatnding.....It was only after i brought them on Dvd that i started to moan about them..

I have to disagree. Even on DVD they were completely outstanding. I was really moved at the end of ROTK. Nearly moved me to tears again watching the strength of friendship between Frodo and Sam. The character acting is fantastic.

(in reply to King_Bard)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: The Lord Of The Rings Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI