Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: dissapointed overall

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: dissapointed overall Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: dissapointed overall - 13/9/2011 8:02:37 PM   
DJ Satan

Heads up - The Rockstar Pass for LA Noir is on sale for 640msp. It's not mentioned in the offer section (Just two of the cases that come with it), but if you go to LA Noir in the Add-on section you can find it there.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 181
RE: dissapointed overall - 18/9/2011 2:03:13 PM   
xim123

Finished the story last night and still can't decide what I think of the game. I carried on playing and contemplating the DLC so I must have enjoyed it but it was such a frustrating experience. The whole thing is completely linear and nothing you do has any impact. I also seem to be the only person who thinks it's incredibly badly written, any doubt (and I do mean doubt, not the SHOUT option you get in interviews) is just ignored and you never really get to investigate the real underlying cases. And what was that ending about?

My Film Diary

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 182
RE: dissapointed overall - 12/11/2011 2:31:55 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

I feel a bit bad criticising this game because Rockstar have gone and done something no one else has - i.e. create a game where you really feel like a cop investigating crimes and use people's reactions to gauge truths. You can see they've put work into creating something genuinely different and that has to be applauded.

But I'm going to have to give it a hard time I'm afraid - the biggest problem is after a while it just becomes repetitive. I've moved onto the Vice desk and I feel no urge whatsoever to continue playing this game. I know what's coming next, another crime scene, more piano tinkly clues, questioning people and their answers having little to no effect on the outcome and eventually a fairly lame conclusion to the case.

I might have to actually do something I very rarely do with games - and that's boot it without completing it because I'm not sure if I can be arsed especially when's there stuff like Deus Ex and GOW3 about.

(in reply to xim123)
Post #: 183
RE: dissapointed overall - 12/11/2011 4:24:27 PM   
Rgirvan44

I really enjoyed it as an experience. It was different, and risky and didn't always hit the mark. But you know what, having just finished the dullest single player experience ever in Battlefield 3 (the MP is the best ever), I will take risky and not always sucessful over bland.

I think it has everything it needs to build forward on a sequel - giving you more options, branching out the cases, and generally greater scope. Hope they think about about it - they were close, but not quite there, to having something special.

That or they transfer all this tech over to the Blade Runner game I want to see one of these days.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 184
RE: dissapointed overall - 12/11/2011 8:07:09 PM   
juanvasquez

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

I feel a bit bad criticising this game because Rockstar have gone and done something no one else has - i.e. create a game where you really feel like a cop investigating crimes and use people's reactions to gauge truths. You can see they've put work into creating something genuinely different and that has to be applauded.

But I'm going to have to give it a hard time I'm afraid - the biggest problem is after a while it just becomes repetitive. I've moved onto the Vice desk and I feel no urge whatsoever to continue playing this game. I know what's coming next, another crime scene, more piano tinkly clues, questioning people and their answers having little to no effect on the outcome and eventually a fairly lame conclusion to the case.

I might have to actually do something I very rarely do with games - and that's boot it without completing it because I'm not sure if I can be arsed especially when's there stuff like Deus Ex and GOW3 about.

I felt the same, but things really pick up once you move on from Vice and it's perhaps my favourite part from then on as there is a more involving story arc.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

Post #: 185
RE: dissapointed overall - 13/11/2011 3:18:50 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

In that case I'll finish the fucking game off! I'm gonna get Deus Ex next to help me get over this one 

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 186
RE: dissapointed overall - 13/11/2011 5:09:59 PM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

In that case I'll finish the fucking game off! I'm gonna get Deus Ex next to help me get over this one

Deus Ex is pretty good, just finished it at the start of last week.

Post #: 187
RE: dissapointed overall - 16/11/2011 9:50:56 AM   
thatlittlemonkey

If anyone hasn't picked this up yet (like me...), they're releasing a GOTY Edition on Friday including all the DLC. I'm going to wait until that comes down in price before giving it a go.

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 188
RE: dissapointed overall - 3/1/2012 11:03:06 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Got this from the Mrs for Christmas, I have to say I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm on disc two, just started to follow a trail left by the killer and nearly got killed whilst dancing around on a chandelier!

It has been a little repetitive but not enough to put me off, it's going to be a little repetitive with a serial killer on the loose though I would imagine.

I also bought the Rockstar pass aswell as it was only 460msp in the Christmas sale.

Great game, looks stunning and the motion capture works a treat.

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 189
RE: dissapointed overall - 4/1/2012 1:16:06 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

On a side note:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a358256/la-noire-was-probably-too-big-says-creator-brendan-mcnamara.html

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 190
RE: dissapointed overall - 4/1/2012 1:50:28 PM   
talpacino

The map was massive but to be honest I remember bugger all about it outside of the places you're sent to during the cases. It's great to have a huge map but unless there are things to do outside of the main story or you're going to have cases in every corner of the map it's kind of pointless.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

Post #: 191
RE: dissapointed overall - 23/1/2012 11:42:37 AM   
blackduck

Started the arson case so should be finished soon.

Mixed emotions on this game, the graphics, the look and the feel of the game are amazing.
But I'm appriciating the game more than enjoying it.

It feels like the makers got so carried away making this beautiful world , they forgot to put in a game.

I'm only playing now to see how it ends, really enjoying the story.

Would love if they made a sequel with a private eye rather than a cop....and gave me a bit more to do.

Also I want a cooler character, Phelps is a berk.

I am but an egg.

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 192
RE: dissapointed overall - 23/1/2012 11:46:54 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

I've just started the arson case as well. The storyline is decent enough, it's certainly keeping me interested but the map is waaaaaay to big. I find myself responding to street crimes and it taking me 10 minutes to get there, then it takes me another 10 minutes to get back!

(in reply to blackduck)
Post #: 193
RE: dissapointed overall - 23/1/2012 12:03:30 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: blackduck

Mixed emotions on this game, the graphics, the look and the feel of the game are amazing.
But I'm appriciating the game more than enjoying it.

Probably the best way to describe it, this.

It is a great game, but it feels more like one big interactive cut scene. A well put together cut scene, but still...

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

I find myself responding to street crimes and it taking me 10 minutes to get there, then it takes me another 10 minutes to get back!

Indeed. I would ingore them if they weren't so much fun to do. Usually.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to blackduck)
Post #: 194
RE: dissapointed overall - 23/1/2012 1:09:47 PM   
blackduck

quote:

I've just started the arson case as well. The storyline is decent enough, it's certainly keeping me interested but the map is waaaaaay to big. I find myself responding to street crimes and it taking me 10 minutes to get there, then it takes me another 10 minutes to get back!

I was playing for days before I realised I can get my partner to drive to the locations for me.
Keep getting the feeling that they're padding out the running time by making you drive so much.

I am but an egg.

Post #: 195
RE: dissapointed overall - 23/1/2012 1:10:30 PM   
blackduck

quote:

I was flaying for ages before I realised you could get your partner to do all the driving, the long distances got tedious after a while.

I am but an egg.

Post #: 196
RE: dissapointed overall - 24/1/2012 9:29:57 AM   
blackduck

finally finished it last night, Jack Kelso is the man, wish you could have played him from the start.
Great ending, hope they give Kelso a sequel, only this time they let me play the game rather than show it to me.

I am but an egg.

(in reply to blackduck)
Post #: 197
RE: dissapointed overall - 25/1/2012 7:08:41 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Yup. Agreed. Phelps is a total cock where as Kelso is the daddy. I wonder if Rockstar intended it this way? I think one of the things that annoyed me so much was his over the top reactions during questioning. You'd doubt an answer and Phelps would accuse them of stabbing their granny...

The storyline was pretty much perfect though, from start to finish it built up the suspense and the pace as it went along. I played through the game with the DLC on so the extra content was thrown in at points throughout the game prolonging it. I can't say I was disappointed with the game as I really enjoyed it but I do think had they given us a little more freedom it could have been so much better. I do appreciate what they were trying to do though and I have to hand it to them, I got to shoot Walter Bishop in the leg....

(in reply to blackduck)
Post #: 198
RE: dissapointed overall - 25/1/2012 12:20:40 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

Deal of the Week: January 24th, 2012

You don't need to be a detective to spot these deals

It's been a while since we saw Rockstar Game's L.A. Noire receive any discounts on the Marketplace, the last being December's Countdown to 2012 Sale. To put that matter straight, this week's Deal of the Week offers 50% discounts to the game's four pieces of DLC along with three extra in-game costumes.

DLC
Nicholson Electroplating - 320 MSP 160 MSP
A Slip of the Tongue - 320 MSP 160 MSP
Reefer Madness - 320 MSP 160 MSP
The Naked City - 320 MSP 160 MSP

The Broderick Detective Suit - 80 MSP 40 MSP
The Badge Pursuit Challenge & Button Man Suit - 160 MSP 80 MSP
The Sharpshooter Detective Suit - 80 MSP 40 MSP

Deal of the Week is only available to Xbox LIVE Gold members.

Just incase anybody is interested.

All Work & No Play! :(

Post #: 199
RE: dissapointed overall - 25/1/2012 4:59:07 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

I picked up the season pass in the Christmas sale, blows this weeks deal out of the water. Microsoft do make me laugh sometimes.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 200
RE: dissapointed overall - 25/1/2012 5:05:03 PM   
directorscut

quote:

It's been a while since we saw Rockstar Game's L.A. Noire receive any discounts on the Marketplace, the last being December's Countdown to 2012 Sale

This line is taking the piss, surely?

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

Post #: 201
RE: dissapointed overall - 26/1/2012 1:08:09 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

quote:

It's been a while since we saw Rockstar Game's L.A. Noire receive any discounts on the Marketplace, the last being December's Countdown to 2012 Sale

This line is taking the piss, surely?

Thought that myself.

IT'S BEEN THREE WEEKS! QUICK, GET A DEAL OUT.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 202
RE: dissapointed overall - 16/3/2012 3:34:49 PM   
Timon

Apparently a COMPLETE VERSION with all the DLC is now out. Think i'll pick it up.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 203
RE: dissapointed overall - 20/3/2012 4:08:03 PM   
RPupkin

The complete edition is quite difficult to find for some strange reason, other than on the PC that is. Even Amazon doesn't stock it. You can pick it up on some sites for around the 30 mark but it seems the best way is to pick the game up cheap (maybe in a Game/Gamestation near you) and wait for another sale with the DLC.

Anyone know why the complete edition is hard to find on the consoles? I assume rockstar want you to purchase the on-line pass so have not pressed many copies?

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 204
RE: dissapointed overall - 4/7/2012 11:12:34 PM   
LEEJGM

quote:

Yup. Agreed. Phelps is a total cock where as Kelso is the daddy. I wonder if Rockstar intended it this way? I think one of the things that annoyed me so much was his over the top reactions during questioning. You'd doubt an answer and Phelps would accuse them of stabbing their granny...

The storyline was pretty much perfect though, from start to finish it built up the suspense and the pace as it went along. I played through the game with the DLC on so the extra content was thrown in at points throughout the game prolonging it. I can't say I was disappointed with the game as I really enjoyed it but I do think had they given us a little more freedom it could have been so much better. I do appreciate what they were trying to do though and I have to hand it to them, I got to shoot Walter Bishop in the leg....

Just finished it tonight. I wasn't particularly keen on Phelps, but replacing him for the last 3 cases didn't make any sense to me. Maybe the gameplay could have been shared between Phelps and Kelso, rather than letting Phelps go missing for the end of the game. I found it a very disappointing end to a great game. A game, much like Heavy Rain (but not quite as good) that is great while it lasts but leaves me with little desire to play it again.
And how good is that facial motion capture?! All games need this from now on.

Post #: 205
RE: dissapointed overall - 28/8/2012 2:04:22 PM   
From_Hell

I finished this the other night after ploughing through it for the past few weeks. Overall.... hmmm.... I'm glad I cancelled my pre-order and picked it up cheap. The mo-cap facial stuff is brilliant, and the first half of the game is a great deal of fun, but then it goes on and becomes really repetitive. The arson desk at the end of the game picked up again but by that point I just wanted to be done with it. It's a real shame because it started off so promisingly...

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to LEEJGM)
Post #: 206
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: dissapointed overall Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI