Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Friends the one with the forum

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Friends the one with the forum Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Friends the one with the forum - 10/4/2007 7:39:54 PM   
theoriginalcynic

This was a poll but there's far too many episodes and it would have taken too long so instead... discuss Friends - love it hate it loathe it? The one with the forum... 

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 20/3/2008 3:52:15 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: the one with the friends poll part one - 11/4/2007 2:52:37 PM   
discodave101

Sod all those episodes, the best is the Thanksgiving one where Joey puts the Turkey on his head to scare Chandler and gets it stuck. 

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"
Post #: 2
RE: the one with the friends poll part one - 11/4/2007 3:04:49 PM   
Peter Dragon

The 90's just called!
They said stop digging up the rotting corpses of their completely over hyped tv shows please.

Fuck land! I'm on a boat motherfucker!

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 3
RE: the one with the friends poll part one - 11/4/2007 3:17:55 PM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Dragon

The 90's just called!
They said stop digging up the rotting corpses of their completely over hyped tv shows please.

Aw Peter, cmon, in its day it was pretty up there. It all started going downhill after Season 4 but up to that point it was pretty requiered watching. I'll tell you this for sure, I'll take it over shite like 2 and a 1/2 men or will & grace any day.

My vote would go for season 4 for what its worth for I feel this will not last would, the bit with them recapping the peeing on monica bit was top notch.

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to Peter Dragon)
Post #: 4
RE: the one with the friends poll part one - 11/4/2007 3:26:33 PM   
Joedini

I think the fact the e4 have shown them a zillion times is probably the reason we're all so darn sick of it right now

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 5
RE: the one with the friends poll part one - 11/4/2007 3:26:48 PM   
ednamode

quote:

ORIGINAL: theoriginalcynic

My favourite out of those episodes is the one with the Jellyfish

thats my favourite one too it was so different...
i love friends, its brilliant.... despite the fact that i've seen every episode at least 3 times....its just one of those shows!

I never look back, darling. It distracts me from the now.
Post #: 6
RE: the one with the friends poll part one - 11/4/2007 3:30:25 PM   
discodave101

quote:

The 90's just called!

Honestly - can't have a nice chat without someone dissing it can we.

Doesn't surprise me though, friends is one of those shows that its 'trendier' to hate. Me, I fucking loved it. I can easily watch an episode on repeat and enjoy it if theres nowt else on. When something gets as globally popular as this show did, people are always gonna start saying it was 'over hyped' when the real truth is it just had a very wide appeal to a large audience. I wouldn't call it a MUST SEE weekly show, but I certainly would watch it like millions of others. If everyone said it was the best comedy ever, then I'd start to think it was over-hyped.

It never won many awards, it was just broadly popular. I guess the easiest judgement is, if its so rotting and completely over-hyped, then why are there still so many repeats shown? People obviously still watch it or they wouldn't show it.

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

Post #: 7
RE: the one with the friends poll part one - 11/4/2007 3:40:20 PM   
Peter Dragon

quote:

ORIGINAL: discodave101

quote:

The 90's just called!

Honestly - can't have a nice chat without someone dissing it can we.

Doesn't surprise me though, friends is one of those shows that its 'trendier' to hate. Me, I fucking loved it. I can easily watch an episode on repeat and enjoy it if theres nowt else on. When something gets as globally popular as this show did, people are always gonna start saying it was 'over hyped' when the real truth is it just had a very wide appeal to a large audience. I wouldn't call it a MUST SEE weekly show, but I certainly would watch it like millions of others. If everyone said it was the best comedy ever, then I'd start to think it was over-hyped.

It never won many awards, it was just broadly popular. I guess the easiest judgement is, if its so rotting and completely over-hyped, then why are there still so many repeats shown? People obviously still watch it or they wouldn't show it.

I liked it too, I just wanted to stick in a sarcastic comment for no reason.

Fuck land! I'm on a boat motherfucker!

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 8
RE: the one with the friends poll part one - 11/4/2007 6:41:04 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Thanks for replying no matter what your view on friends.  It took a while for people to reply.  I too think it has been over shown on E4 and i'd prefer it if they took it off TV now.  I'd rather watch it on DVD anyway at my lesuire.  But...

The purpose of this poll is to find the forums favourite friends season opener...  eg episode one season one to ten

This is part one of the poll...if there's enough interest i'll do a poll every week.  Part two will feature episode two out of every season.  The purpose is to find the ultimate friends season.  It's still good even if it's been overshown.

The one with the Jellyfish is winning at the moment but feel free to vote for any of the other nine options.  Just TYPE your vote.  Thanks

Post #: 9
RE: the one with the friends poll part one - 11/4/2007 6:48:54 PM   
Joedini

I can't see the poll taking off i'm afraid. A lot of people have had enough of seeing it let alone thinking about it. Good luck to you though Cynic

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 10
RE: the one with the friends poll part one - 11/4/2007 7:00:18 PM   
LB Jeffries

Season two - the one with Ross's new girlfriend

Reason: Chandler's visit to Joey's tailor:

CHANDLER: Yo, paisan. Can I talk to you for a sec? Your tailor is a very bad man.
JOEY: Frankie? What're you talking about?
ROSS: Hey, what's goin' on?
CHANDLER: Joey's tailor...took advantage of me.
ROSS: What?
JOEY: No way. I've been going to the guy for 12 years.
CHANDLER: He said he was going to do my inseam, and he ran his hand up my leg, and then, there was definite--
ROSS: what?
CHANDLER: Cupping.
JOEY: That's how they do pants. First they go up one side, they move it over, they go up the other side, they move it back, and then they do the rear. What? Ross, Ross, would you tell him? Isn't that how they measure pants?
ROSS: Yes, yes it is. In prison! Whatsa matter with you?
JOEY: What? That's not? Oh my god.

Season 2 is my favourite season overall. Before everyone got successful and Rachel worked in the coffee-house, Joey was an out-of-work actor and Chandler hated his office job. It's also the one where all of the women looked unbelievably hot, before they decided to lose too much weight. 

“When he shall die, take him and cut him out in little stars and he will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun.”

Post #: 11
RE: the one with the friends poll part one - 11/4/2007 7:03:29 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joedini

I can't see the poll taking off i'm afraid. A lot of people have had enough of seeing it let alone thinking about it. Good luck to you though Cynic

Thanks Joedini...if it doesn't take off then fair enough  I just started a similar Buffy thread - hopefully I'll have more luck with that one! Even if your sick of it you can still vote  You can still appreciate the comedy

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 12
RE: the one with the friends poll part one - 11/4/2007 7:05:27 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: LB Jeffries

CHANDLER: Yo, paisan. Can I talk to you for a sec? Your tailor is a very bad man.
CHANDLER: He said he was going to do my inseam, and he ran his hand up my leg, and then, there was definite--
JOEY: That's how they do pants. First they go up one side, they move it over, they go up the other side, they move it back, and then they do the rear. What? Ross, Ross, would you tell him? Isn't that how they measure pants?

Season 2 is my favourite season overall. Before everyone got successful and Rachel worked in the coffee-house, Joey was an out-of-work actor and Chandler hated his office job. It's also the one where all of the women looked unbelievably hot, before they decided to lose too much weight. 

Yeah that scene is so funny! I think the Eddie episodes are my favourite.  Season 2 is the best season IMO

Joey "There's no Juice! There's no juice for the people who need the juice and I need the juice!"

(in reply to LB Jeffries)
Post #: 13
RE: the one with the friends poll part one - 11/4/2007 7:10:17 PM   
LB Jeffries

quote:

There's still a lot of love for it around these parts, Joedini. I think it's currently doing very well in the 2007 Favourite TV Show Poll.

“When he shall die, take him and cut him out in little stars and he will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun.”

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 14
RE: the one with the friends poll part one - 11/4/2007 7:16:55 PM   
LB Jeffries

quote:

quote:

Yeah that scene is so funny! I think the Eddie episodes are my favourite.  Season 2 is the best season IMO

Joey "There's no Juice! There's no juice for the people who need the juice and I need the juice!"

Eddie is absolute genius and one of the greatest creations in the history of television. He came and went too quickly.

[Scene: Chandler and Eddie's apartment. Chandler is there. There's a knock at the door. He answers it to see a young woman holding a fishtank.]
TILLY: Hi.
CHANDLER: Hi.
TILLY: I'm looking for Eddie Minowick.
CHANDLER: Oh, uh, he's not here right now, uh, I'm Chandler, can I take a message, or, or a fishtank?
TILLY: Thanks.
CHANDLER: Oh, oh, c'mon in.
TILLY: I'm Tilly.
CHANDLER: Oh.
TILLY: I gather by that oh that he told you about me.
CHANDLER: Oh yeah, your uh, name came up in a uh, conversation that terrified me to my very soul.
TILLY: He's kind of intense huh?
CHANDLER: Yes. Hey, can I ask you, is Eddie a little...
EDDIE: [walks around corner] A little what?
CHANDLER: Bit country? C'mon in here you roomie.
EDDIE: Hello Tilly.
TILLY: Eddie, I just came by to drop off your tank.
EDDIE: That's very thoughtful of you. It's very thougtful.
TILLY: Well, ok then. I'm gonna go. Bye.
EDDIE: Bye-bye.
CHANDLER: Bye.
[Tilly leaves]
CHANDLER: So, we gettin' a fish?
EDDIE: You had sex with her didn't you?
CHANDLER: Eddie, I didn't sleep with your ex-girlfriend.
EDDIE: That's very interesting, ya know, 'cause that's exactly what someone who slept with her would say.
CHANDLER: This is nuts. This is crazy. She came over for like two minutes, dropped off a fish tank, and left, end of story.
EDDIE: Where's Buddy?
CHANDLER: Buddy?
EDDIE: My fish, Buddy.
CHANDLER: There was no fish when she dropped it off.
EDDIE: Oh, this is, this is unbelievable. I mean, first you sleep with my ex-girlfriend then you insult my inteligenct by lying about it and then you kill my fish, my Buddy?
CHANDLER: Hey I didn't kill your fish. Look Eddie...[puts his hand on Eddie's shoulder] Would you look at what I'm doin' here. That can't be smart. So we're just gonna take this guy right off ya and put him here in Mr. Pocket. Tangellon? [picks up the fruit an tosses it to Eddie, it hits Eddie in the chest and falls]

Post #: 15
RE: the one with the friends poll part one - 11/4/2007 7:22:04 PM   
buffy

I voted in your poll on the forum that shall remain nameless  My favorite opener in season six The one after Vegas.

In every generation there is a chosen one

Member of COBW

Last 5 movies

Airplane 4/5
Hot Fuzz 4/5
Casanova 3/5
Pirates of The Carribean: At Worlds End 3/5
Alpha Dog 4/5

Post #: 16
RE: the one with the friends poll part one - 11/4/2007 7:35:00 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: buffy

I voted in your poll on the forum that shall remain nameless  My favorite opener in season six The one after Vegas.

The SFX forum you mean...  that place sucks IMO

Thanks for voting.  Loved the Eddie scene that was posted above... very funny

(in reply to buffy)
Post #: 17
RE: the one with the friends poll part one - 11/4/2007 7:38:35 PM   
Joedini

quote:

quote:

There's still a lot of love for it around these parts, Joedini. I think it's currently doing very well in the 2007 Favourite TV Show Poll.

Thanks for the plug there LB  I like it when people mention THE TOP 100 TV SHOWS OF 2007 THAT EVERYONE NEEDS TO VOTE IN!!!!!!! <<<<<<------------  ahem, I have no shame

Post #: 18
RE: the one with the friends poll part one - 11/4/2007 8:09:05 PM   
Lazy wolf eyes

quote:

I agree completely! They all seemed to change so much over the years they all just became parodys of themselves and it just wasn't funny anymore.  Rachel started off ditzy then a few years later, she's really smart and successful. Erm... what?  Season 2 was my favourite. 

It got quite crap in the 5th series I think, then it was downhill from there.

If God had wanted us to walk everywhere he wouldn't have given us Little Chefs.

Post #: 19
RE: the one with the friends poll part one - 11/4/2007 8:12:17 PM   
Joedini

I think Ross is the only one who got funnier as the show progressed

(in reply to Lazy wolf eyes)
Post #: 20
RE: the one with the friends poll part one - 11/4/2007 8:14:27 PM   
KaPOW

Season 3 - The one with the Princess Leah fantasy

" The man in black fled across the desert and the Gunslinger followed"

(in reply to Lazy wolf eyes)
Post #: 21
RE: the one with the friends poll part one - 11/4/2007 8:32:48 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

For me, Ross got annoying after season 5, when he started going into rages and stuff, not really funny in my book. There were hints that the character was having a nervous breakdown (which got dropped) and his behaviour got more and more scary, really. Pheobe always annoyed me too, at times she was such a selfish bitch and on occasion I found her unlikeable. My favourite character was always Chandler.

What worries me though is the fact that this thread says 'part one' in the title and its about season openers. And there are usually 24 episodes in a season of Friends....

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 11/4/2007 8:35:18 PM >

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 22
RE: the one with the friends poll part one - 11/4/2007 8:36:54 PM   
Joedini

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

For me, Ross got annoying after season 5, when he started going into rages and stuff, not really funny in my book. There were hints that the character was having a nervous breakdown (which got dropped) and his behaviour got more and more scary, really. Pheobe always annoyed me too, at times she was such a selfish bitch and on occasion I found her unlikeable. My favourite character was always Chandler.

What worries me though is the fact that this thread says 'part one' in the title and its about season openers. And there are usually 24 episodes in a season of Friends....

Agree with that 100%

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 23
RE: the one with the friends poll part one - 11/4/2007 9:00:09 PM   
svgbdgr

Hmmm....Probably the Season 3 opener.

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 24
RE: the one with the friends poll part one - 1/5/2007 3:42:29 PM   
steffols

I just bought season 10 on DVD. Surprisingly funny since the latter seasons got far too soap-opera like.

Favourite from season 10 being the one with Joey on the game show, Pyramid.  Top stuff.

The best episodes ever I think are the ones with Adam Goldberg, just for the line 'I'm a dehydrating manic!' alone

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to svgbdgr)
Post #: 25
RE: the one with the friends poll part one - 6/7/2007 6:20:57 PM   
bee attack

i thought series 1 to 5 was very good but it went downhill from there.  One problem i thought was that the series started taking itself too seriously and at times felt more like a soap opera than a sitcom.  Yeah it has been over exposed, much like the simpsons,  and just like like the simspons i don't care for it anymore.  I caught an episode of it not long ago, already its showing its age, i doubt in ten years time 'friends' will be seen as a classic in the way '3rd rock from the sun' or 'fraiser' will.

"We Rule Terabithia, And Nothing Crushes Us"

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 26
RE: the one with the friends poll part one - 6/7/2007 6:48:36 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Is third rock from the sun seen as classic now? Seinfeld, Frasier and Scrubs are better then friends and are my picks for best comedies every made.  Although I still like friends

(in reply to bee attack)
Post #: 27
RE: the one with the friends poll part one - 6/7/2007 7:39:17 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

season three opener - the princess leia thing was hilarious.

"Snake? Snaaaake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!?"

R.I.P. Punchy

Post #: 28
RE: the one with the friends poll part one - 6/7/2007 8:01:54 PM   
Sugar Kowalczyk

I love the episode where Ross decides not to go through with the divorce with Rachel and he does his lectures in a British accent... its so funny especially when Monica and Rachel go along and Monica speaks Scottish and Rachel Indian! Saying that I love the Thanksgiving episode where they think back to when Monica tried to seduce Chandler and accidently chopped off his pinky toe  Theres just so many infact I also love the one where Rachel goes to England to stop Ross and Emily's wedding where  Hugh Laurie speaks to her on the plane;'You are a horrible person - its obvious you were on a break!'
Sorry got carried away there naming all my favourite episodes

Anyhoo...my vote goes to the wedding one 'The One afterRoss says Rachel' though I do love the Princess Leia fantasy and the jellyfish one as well

< Message edited by Sugar Kowalczyk -- 6/7/2007 8:08:37 PM >

(in reply to Sumintelligentguy)
Post #: 29
RE: the one with the friends poll part one - 7/7/2007 12:06:45 AM   
Zaphod121

quote:

Is third rock from the sun seen as classic now? Seinfeld, Frasier, Scrubs & Arrested Development are better then friends and are my picks for best comedies every made. Although I still like friends

If it was like that then I'd totaly agree with you, Friends is good, if a little tired, but there are better out there

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Friends the one with the forum Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI