Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Exclusive: Scully Talks X-Files Sequel

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: Scully Talks X-Files Sequel Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exclusive: Scully Talks X-Files Sequel - 2/4/2007 6:18:25 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Beautiful - 2/4/2007 6:18:26 PM   
Severen

This better happen. X-Files is sorely missed and lets face it, Duchovny could do with a hit. Anderson will have to lose the phoney English accent though.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 2/4/2007 6:25:21 PM   
harryc

You do know that she is actually English don't you?!

Post #: 3
erm... - 2/4/2007 6:52:09 PM   
vanburenbros

no she's not, she was born and brought up in US with brief spell in UK as part of her training to act. Or were you in fact being cunningly sarcastic...

Post #: 4
HMM!!! - 2/4/2007 7:21:45 PM   
Evil_Bob

The show ended with Scully and Mulder on the lam. How is one of the monster of the week stories going to fit in with the plot. THey don't even work for the X-files anymore. Doggett and reyes are in charge of that so does this mean that they will be back as well?

Post #: 5
RE: HMM!!! - 2/4/2007 7:44:05 PM   
beebs_

I don't know how they'd play it with M&S being on the run at the end of the series... but I'd be willing to give it a try. I'd love to see a nice wrapped up mythology in a movie, but I know that would be too damn long and complicated.

Let the Madness Continue!!!!!
"Paramasturbatory"?
First of all: shut the fuck up, Lois. Smallville recap TWoP

(in reply to Evil_Bob)
Post #: 6
RE: HMM!!! - 2/4/2007 9:53:22 PM   
*emz6*

It will be a standalone that fits into the series somewhere during season 7. This is what has long been rumoured and it makes the most sense now considering the information that is now coming out about the new film. So basically for anyone who knows the series, everything during and after Requiem didnt or hasnt (however you want to look at it) happened yet. And as for Gillian Anderson i dont really think he accent is fake that would be quite an effort. She lived in London for her formative teenage years (whilst her dad trained not her) and had an english accent when she went back for the states. She has lived in London now for like 9 years! So bit harsh saying its put on. Even though it does sound weird coming from her.

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 7
the truth - 2/4/2007 11:24:29 PM   
Judiedenchinatrench

The classic x-files "horror/ monster stand alone episodes" fead off the best of the film world (Preditor, Wickerman, Rosemarys baby the list is endless) ... and in return these great episodes went on to the influence some of the better horror films of the last five years (wrong turn etc etc)
How fitting would it be that finally 10 years on that the xfiles is set to return to the big screen? I can't wait!!

Post #: 8
YES YES YES - 3/4/2007 9:52:48 AM   
Funk_Knight

About time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #: 9
Open Mind - 3/4/2007 11:08:51 AM   
C.Lee Bennett

Idiots, the woman is American, but spent a large part of her youth in London. Nearly 10 years. Extract from her web site (Gillian Leigh Anderson was born in Chicago, Illinois on August 9, 1968. Soon after her birth, the family relocated to Puerto Rico for 15 months and then moved to England. Gillian spent the next 9 years of her childhood growing up in London's North End - first in Stamford Hill and later in Crouch End). However the English accent is real, though she can be forgiven for sounding like an anglofile.. On the film front i can't wait.

Post #: 10
Geeks... - 3/4/2007 1:05:15 PM   
mancalledpete

...who cares if it doesn't fit into the last series... be nice just to get a good movie 'based' on the characters & the excellent script writing / plot writing. Some of the best stuff was the stand along pieces from the first few series (Gene Toombs!!!) - give it a great plot & scary as hell bad guy & they're onto a sure fire winner. Bring it on & lose the little aliens I say.

Post #: 11
:) - 3/4/2007 4:55:02 PM   
billypetebag

I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #: 12
The X-Files 'Monster Movie' - 5/4/2007 12:49:54 PM   
redpaw

A message for the sad losers complaining that the show never reached a satisfying ending... what they fail to realise is that the X-Files is an on going saga and will never end. And as for the 'Truth' and the show not providing sufficient answers, well to that I say 'the answers are there... you just have to know where to look'. You've got to be a muppet to think that all the answers are going to be revealed in one final episode. Watch the entire series from beginning to end and you'll find your answers.
I'd just like to say, the idea of a second X-files feature being done in the spirit of the stand-alone episodes is awsome! Leave the conspiracy as is and give us a 'real horror movie'. Just be sure to include Dogget! Imagine episodes like 'The Host' or the classic 'Squeeze' being done with a movie budget and the freedom to show more gore... bring it on!!!

Post #: 13
Can't wait! - 5/4/2007 6:17:24 PM   
joewatts83

A stand alone movie is definitely the best idea. I've been a fan of the X-Files since it began and have always been fond of the stand alone episodes, I got bored of the "conspiracy" by the end of the 5th series and don't feel it would have anything to offer in a new movie. I agree that there should never be an ending to the ongoing saga, as 'the truth is out there' and you should 'trust no one', therefore a well written stand alone storyline would be perfect for the welcome return of Mulder & Scully!

Post #: 14
- 5/4/2007 11:49:07 PM   
speedfreak

bring it on! i can't wait! the stand alone episodes were the best, especially the humorous ones. im glad the movie won't be based upon the mythology because that storyline started getting really ridiculous by the 7th series. im just such a hardcore fan that i don't really care what they do, just that they finally do something, and that too, something good! love the x-files,definitely was one of the best running tv shows ever made! release the movie now!

Post #: 15
excellent - 6/4/2007 12:55:12 AM   
Grover

a new x-files film, a long time in coming but welcome none the less. the stand alone episodes were the best of the series such as the ones in the first series. if they do a horror, even better - hopefully this is the first of many they will release.

Post #: 16
RE: excellent - 10/4/2007 4:35:18 PM   
Diamond Joe

Excellent news!!! As mentioned previously DD needs a hit...

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

(in reply to Grover)
Post #: 17
ABOUT TIME!!!!! - 17/4/2007 8:55:13 PM   
vikkilomas84

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!! This is long awaited and fantastic news, Bring it on!!!!! Sticking to the conspiracy stories wouldn't attract the majority of people coz they won't know the background, only the die hards like ourselves would follow it, stand alones were the best episodes anyway. I am sure they will do the true X files justice on the 2nd film. It will also gibve the stars another hit under their belts. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS HAS MADE MY YEAR!!!!!!!

Post #: 18
RE: Exclusive: Scully Talks X-Files Sequel - 21/4/2007 6:02:23 PM   
socksrocks

That would be sooo good !
I was never really a fan until they started showing it from the start on living tv now im obbsessed !
Although i shame myself in being a total shipper lol
Anyone else like that ?

Post #: 19
RE: Exclusive: Scully Talks X-Files Sequel - 21/4/2007 6:19:00 PM   
brampski

Looks like Gillian Anderson doesn't remember the TV series with any great pride

quote:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/a45533/gillian-anderson-hated-x-files.html

Gillian Anderson has confessed that she hated her time on The X-Files and will never appear in another TV series.

The actress insisted that the only reason she played Agent Scully for nine years was because she enjoyed the financial rewards of starring on the show.

"I couldn't get out of it. I didn't have a choice. I had to sign a contract for five-and-a-half-years before I even went to my first audition - when I didn't know if I'd got the part," Gillian told Stella magazine. "Back then I was all innocent and I thought, 'Wow that sounds wonderful.'

"But then, when I started, I realised I'd be in a Canadian wood working 16 hours a day for nine months a year. And the reason I stayed so long was because the only way I could get more money was to commit myself to doing it for another couple of years."

Asked about future TV projects, she replied: "Oh, shut the f*** up! Are you kidding me? My God, I don't even watch television. I don't like television. I never have liked it. The whole concept of sitting down in front of a TV feels like one of the things that's destroying society, as far as I'm concerned."

The words "bite" "hand" and "feed" come to mind love...

What are the occasions that warrant a dancing banana?

(in reply to socksrocks)
Post #: 20
RE: Exclusive: Scully Talks X-Files Sequel - 21/4/2007 6:37:56 PM   
socksrocks

Aww i never knew she said that

Post #: 21
RE: Exclusive: Scully Talks X-Files Sequel - 21/4/2007 6:38:06 PM   
darth silas

maybe someone should lend her a few dvd boxsets of 24.she would change her tune about tv pretty quick then id bet

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to brampski)
Post #: 22
RE: Exclusive: Scully Talks X-Files Sequel - 21/4/2007 6:39:43 PM   
socksrocks

Still wouldn't mind a sequel though

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 23
RE: Exclusive: Scully Talks X-Files Sequel - 21/4/2007 6:47:23 PM   
libertine

bring on the sequel!!!!

(in reply to socksrocks)
Post #: 24
RE: Exclusive: Scully Talks X-Files Sequel - 21/4/2007 9:21:17 PM   
socksrocks

does anyone know when it plans to come out?

(in reply to libertine)
Post #: 25
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: Scully Talks X-Files Sequel Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI