Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Girl From Tommorow

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> The Girl From Tommorow Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Girl From Tommorow - 1/4/2007 2:52:55 AM   
musewitch

Very old BBC (I think) serise about a girl from the future who is stranded in our time.  Thats all I can remember on it, but I've started downloading it because I remember it being brilliant. 

Can't wait for episode 1 to compleate!

Can't look Can't look
Post #: 1
RE: The Girl From Tommorow - 1/4/2007 3:20:28 AM   
Rgirvan44

I loved this show. Seem to remember the girl having powers she used through some device she wore on her head. Also she got drunk by eating chocolate - beyond that I dont remember much. There was a sequel though - Tomorrows End which my childhood memories tell me resemebled Blade Runner but I guess the reality will be some what different...

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to musewitch)
Post #: 2
RE: The Girl From Tommorow - 1/4/2007 10:20:24 AM   
musewitch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

I loved this show. Seem to remember the girl having powers she used through some device she wore on her head. Also she got drunk by eating chocolate - beyond that I dont remember much. There was a sequel though - Tomorrows End which my childhood memories tell me resemebled Blade Runner but I guess the reality will be some what different...

Yeah thats right, it was like a hairband and she could levitate things with it.  There was a second serise, with a time gate as well as the time capsule. I've got that downloading too.  I remember people writing in to the BBC asking if they would make it avalable to buy it was that good!

Can't look Can't look

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 3
RE: The Girl From Tomorrow - 1/4/2007 10:25:43 AM   
Captain Black

I believe the device is called a 'Transducer'. 

I don't know if I ever saw the first series, but Tomorrow's End was, at least at the time, a very good programme. Even if the accents and repeatedly talking about 'The Great Disastah' did tend to grate after a while. I think they did much more cause and effect time travel stuff in that one.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to musewitch)
Post #: 4
RE: The Girl From Tomorrow - 1/4/2007 10:41:11 AM   
Wedge

Ha!  You've awakened some very old memories with that one!

"When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!"
"Dance for me Colin! Daaance for me!!"
"Everybody's dead Dave"

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs314.snc4/41022_10150255199830294_790880293_14349909_1904630_n.jpg

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 5
RE: The Girl From Tomorrow - 1/4/2007 11:12:14 AM   
musewitch

Look what I just found!

http://www.shock.com.au/releases/info.asp?release_ID=130394

Can't look Can't look

(in reply to Wedge)
Post #: 6
RE: The Girl From Tomorrow - 1/4/2007 11:21:21 AM   
JV

Ha, I used to love this! Wasn't the girl called Alana or something like that and there were always Bad Guys after her? Cracking programme. At least, that's how I remember it - I'd probably find it all cheesy and funny if I watched it now.

but love is the sky and i am for you
just so long and long enough

(in reply to musewitch)
Post #: 7
RE: The Girl From Tomorrow - 1/4/2007 12:06:57 PM   
Dirty Hartigan

They just don't make kid's programmes like this anymore.

(in reply to JV)
Post #: 8
RE: The Girl From Tommorow - 2/4/2007 9:40:58 AM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

You sure that wasnt Emanuelle?

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> The Girl From Tommorow Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI