Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! Page: <<   < prev  64 65 66 67 [68]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 6/10/2014 3:16:08 PM   
superdan

From my outsiders perspective, I find it interesting to contrast the Newcastle that existed when I was at school, the one of Keegan, Beardsley, Ferdinand, Ginola, Shearer, Lee, Asprilla etc. where they seemed to be pretty much everyone's second favourite club, to the dysfunctional mess of the current Newcastle. They've gone from being a likeable, entertaining show to a toxic, nauseating soap-opera. Much of it must come from Ashley; he owns the club and businesses tend to take on the personality of the man in charge. Pardew is a prick and Wise has always been a gobby wee shite. From top to bottom the club seems to be infected with some truly unpleasant characters which I'm sure might be bearable if it wasn't for the fact that the football on display is pretty ordinary at the best of times and their form is unbelievably dreadful.

Getting rid of Pardew would probably be a step in the right direction, except who can Newcastle hope to replace him with that might improve things? Given the batshit decisions Ashley makes I wouldn't be surprised if he brought in Magarth

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 2011
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 6/10/2014 3:39:50 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

Getting rid of Pardew would probably be a step in the right direction, except who can Newcastle hope to replace him with that might improve things? Given the batshit decisions Ashley makes I wouldn't be surprised if he brought in Magarth

Surely having been a massive flop at Sunderland would be excellent grounds for Ashley giving Di Canio a 10 year contract

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 2012
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 6/10/2014 3:50:27 PM   
jonson

In light of all Wonga's recent troubles, I'm surprised they still have them on their shirts.
That for me is Ashley's biggest crime, not just against football, but an insulting slap in the face to what many would argue are the most loyal fans in the country.
I'm sure they have enough to get out of their current problem, hopefully not before their next match though

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

Post #: 2013
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 6/10/2014 4:01:39 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

In light of all Wonga's recent troubles, I'm surprised they still have them on their shirts.
That for me is Ashley's biggest crime, not just against football, but an insulting slap in the face to what many would argue are the most loyal fans in the country.
I'm sure they have enough to get out of their current problem, hopefully not before their next match though

If Pardew's still here I'll be very surprised if we get anything more than a draw off Leicester. Ulloa and Vardy are the type of players who'll absolutely murder our defence. We're bleeding to death and every day the mexican stand-off between our manager and owner carries on the worse it gets. The fact that we're in this mess because two arrogant egotistical fools are gambling with the future of a football club neither have an ounce of emotional connection to is fucking sickening.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 2014
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 7/10/2014 12:36:00 AM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

quote:

So that odious little prick Dennis Wise was mouthing off on beIN sports about Newcastle at the weekend. Apparently the main reason for our current problems is the fans' supposed hatred of southerners. How this has caused us to lose more games, score fewer goals and concede more goals than every other Premiership club in 2014 isn't made clear, nor how this effects our deep affection for former players like Malcolm Macdonald, Gavin Peacock, Rob Lee and Les Ferdinand but it's certainly given me food for thought. And what I'm thinking right now is: of all the loathsome, clueless individuals to have been connected to our club in the Ashley era, this cross-eyed little turd is without doubt the one I'd most like to give a good fucking shoeing.

Well I agree with about Wise's comments, but it says something about your state of mind that you post about that instead of being up beat on the back
of a good battling point at Swansea. At least your players are starting to show fight, even if they still look a bit clueless at the back.

I was pleased (and flabbergasted) we got a point on Saturday but we were still appalling and without Cisse and Krul Swansea would have comfortably stuffed us 4 or 5 nil. Fans in the pub were openly laughing at how poor our positioning and distribution wasin the first half. You're right that a few players - the two I mentioned above plus Obertan, Ameobi and Janmaat - have shown a bit of fight but too many of Pardew's undroppables have been woeful all season and there's nowt in the performances of Tiote, Colloccini, Goufran or Sissoko that says they have the stomach for a relegation fight. When Pardew and his useless coaching staff eventually get the bullet I'd happily let those four follow them out the door were it not for the fact that the chances of this shower of cunts replacing them with better are non-existent.

Definitely without Cisse Newcastle do look like a real relegation candidate. I would expect that he will go to the African Cup of Nations and to me that really spells a big problem for Newcastle at a critical time in the season.

People look at the Newcastle squad and conclude that they are okay. And I agree they are. But then I go through most of the squads of PL teams and draw the same conclusion. So, I think that Ives is right to concentrate on two aspects after that how well coached / managed are they and do they have fight? I still worry that the last two results aren't a turning of a corner, but the last throes of a team that is wilting.

So the small scale picture is that Newcastle's form is poor and they could be relegated. Which is, of course, a problem. But the bigger picture is even worse. Mike Ashley and co. have stopped caring what the rest of the world thinks. Their club legends have something bad to say, change the name of the bar. The press ask questions, ban them. Their fans are unhappy, set Denis Wise on them. Seemingly the only sponsors they have are Ashley's own company and the pariah that is Wonga. So there seems no real chance of change unless someone jumps in with a massive bag of money. There is of course an argument that its Ashley's money that bought the club, that fans were unhappy with previous managers and that Pardew has led the team to a high league placing before. But there's more than a whiff of something rotten about Newcastle, that just could end up them in a couple of seasons being with other mis-managed clubs in lower divisions like Fulham, Birmingham and Blackburn.

Would say your an outside bet for relegation, but it is still way too early to be talking of that. For starters the league table doesn't really
take shape until about 10-12 games in, second its not like you are cut adrift, and third I don't really see you as being one of the three worse
teams in the league. Mind you it does look a wide open battle this season, so there could be surprise team go. I still say Padrew has done
a pretty good job given when he's had to work with, and I don't know if Newcastle would get anyone better right now.

Post #: 2015
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 7/10/2014 2:40:26 PM   
horribleives

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

So that odious little prick Dennis Wise was mouthing off on beIN sports about Newcastle at the weekend. Apparently the main reason for our current problems is the fans' supposed hatred of southerners. How this has caused us to lose more games, score fewer goals and concede more goals than every other Premiership club in 2014 isn't made clear, nor how this effects our deep affection for former players like Malcolm Macdonald, Gavin Peacock, Rob Lee and Les Ferdinand but it's certainly given me food for thought. And what I'm thinking right now is: of all the loathsome, clueless individuals to have been connected to our club in the Ashley era, this cross-eyed little turd is without doubt the one I'd most like to give a good fucking shoeing.

Well I agree with about Wise's comments, but it says something about your state of mind that you post about that instead of being up beat on the back
of a good battling point at Swansea. At least your players are starting to show fight, even if they still look a bit clueless at the back.

I was pleased (and flabbergasted) we got a point on Saturday but we were still appalling and without Cisse and Krul Swansea would have comfortably stuffed us 4 or 5 nil. Fans in the pub were openly laughing at how poor our positioning and distribution wasin the first half. You're right that a few players - the two I mentioned above plus Obertan, Ameobi and Janmaat - have shown a bit of fight but too many of Pardew's undroppables have been woeful all season and there's nowt in the performances of Tiote, Colloccini, Goufran or Sissoko that says they have the stomach for a relegation fight. When Pardew and his useless coaching staff eventually get the bullet I'd happily let those four follow them out the door were it not for the fact that the chances of this shower of cunts replacing them with better are non-existent.

Definitely without Cisse Newcastle do look like a real relegation candidate. I would expect that he will go to the African Cup of Nations and to me that really spells a big problem for Newcastle at a critical time in the season.

People look at the Newcastle squad and conclude that they are okay. And I agree they are. But then I go through most of the squads of PL teams and draw the same conclusion. So, I think that Ives is right to concentrate on two aspects after that how well coached / managed are they and do they have fight? I still worry that the last two results aren't a turning of a corner, but the last throes of a team that is wilting.

So the small scale picture is that Newcastle's form is poor and they could be relegated. Which is, of course, a problem. But the bigger picture is even worse. Mike Ashley and co. have stopped caring what the rest of the world thinks. Their club legends have something bad to say, change the name of the bar. The press ask questions, ban them. Their fans are unhappy, set Denis Wise on them. Seemingly the only sponsors they have are Ashley's own company and the pariah that is Wonga. So there seems no real chance of change unless someone jumps in with a massive bag of money. There is of course an argument that its Ashley's money that bought the club, that fans were unhappy with previous managers and that Pardew has led the team to a high league placing before. But there's more than a whiff of something rotten about Newcastle, that just could end up them in a couple of seasons being with other mis-managed clubs in lower divisions like Fulham, Birmingham and Blackburn.

Would say your an outside bet for relegation, but it is still way too early to be talking of that. For starters the league table doesn't really
take shape until about 10-12 games in, second its not like you are cut adrift, and third I don't really see you as being one of the three worse
teams in the league. Mind you it does look a wide open battle this season, so there could be surprise team go. I still say Padrew has done
a pretty good job given when he's had to work with, and I don't know if Newcastle would get anyone better right now.

Check out the statistics for 2014 or indeed watch any performance from this year. I've had the misfortune of witnessing all of them and can tell you categorically that is not a manager doing a pretty good job. And he's getting worse.
Ashley is the main problem, 100%, but Pardew and his coaching staff are gobsmackingly poor and at the minute I'd take virtually anyone over him. Though you're right, the fact that I can't think of anyone else spineless enough to take the job speaks volumes about what that fat piece of shit has done to our club.
But hey, the balance sheets look great.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 2016
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 7/10/2014 2:58:59 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

Check out the statistics for 2014 or indeed watch any performance from this year. I've had the misfortune of witnessing all of them and can tell you categorically that is not a manager doing a pretty good job. And he's getting worse

One of my favourite banners ever.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 2017
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 7/10/2014 4:35:49 PM   
horribleives

That did raise a bitter smile. We've also conceded more goals and scored fewer than every other club who've spent the whole of 2014 in the premiership.

Post #: 2018
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 7/10/2014 5:14:53 PM   
Ultimo Lee

Roy Keane on Newcastle: "I always thought they were an arrogant bunch, for a club that had won fuck all."

His new book seems fun

Post #: 2019
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 7/10/2014 5:23:14 PM   
ElephantBoy

I am aware of the statistics, but when a manager has been at a club for four years you just can't judge him on the last six months. He got you
a fifth place finish, and has made you a stable mid-table club for most of his run. Factor in lack of investment, his top players being sold, and
the turmoil at the club I would say that is a decent record, and he deserves the support right now.

(in reply to Ultimo Lee)
Post #: 2020
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 7/10/2014 5:42:39 PM   
superdan

quote:

I am aware of the statistics, but when a manager has been at a club for four years you just can't judge him on the last six months. He got you
a fifth place finish, and has made you a stable mid-table club for most of his run. Factor in lack of investment, his top players being sold, and
the turmoil at the club I would say that is a decent record, and he deserves the support right now.

It's not the last 6 months though really, is it? It's been the entirety of 2014, of which we are into the 10th month with no real change in sight. Can 5 (or whatever) wins in over 9 months really be tolerated? The 5th place finish was 3 seasons ago now, and given the 16th and 10th place finishes since is looking like a never-to-be-repeated fluke rather than something to better. He might not have had enough to spend to maintain a top-5 finish, but he's still spent nearly 90m since he's been in charge which is hardly pocket change. Throw in the distasteful touchline scenes and his apparent inability to form and maintain any positive squad spirit and cohesion, I'd say the fans who are vocal about wanting him out have every right to be, even though he is only a part of a problem.

Post #: 2021
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 7/10/2014 5:57:26 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

It's not the last 6 months though really, is it? It's been the entirety of 2014, of which we are into the 10th month with no real change in sight. Can 5 (or whatever) wins in over 9 months really be tolerated? The 5th place finish was 3 seasons ago now, and given the 16th and 10th place finishes since is looking like a never-to-be-repeated fluke rather than something to better. He might not have had enough to spend to maintain a top-5 finish, but he's still spent nearly 90m since he's been in charge which is hardly pocket change. Throw in the distasteful touchline scenes and his apparent inability to form and maintain any positive squad spirit and cohesion, I'd say the fans who are vocal about wanting him out have every right to be, even though he is only a part of a problem.

Quite right. It's not just 2014, we were shite for all of 2012/13 and most of last season.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 2022
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 7/10/2014 11:59:43 PM   
ElephantBoy

Yes, but you do have pre-season in the middle you know when you weren't actually playing

My point about the fifth place and you being mid-table on avenge since is that you were punching above you weight to finish, so there for
Padrew deserves credit for that. But realistically given your budget, talent etc.. you are roughly a mid-table side, and there are worse things
to be than that. If you are in serous danger of finishing below that then I would accept that it might be time for a change, but I think October
is a little too early to make that call. Besides which you are unlikely to get anyone better right now, it doesn't like Ashley has any plans to s
sack the manager anytime soon. So to pretend otherwise and to boo the manager and team is just counter productive you may as well just
make the best out of it and give them your support.

Post #: 2023
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 8/10/2014 11:06:53 AM   
Qwerty Norris

A Newcastle fan on my facebook has been posting 'Pardew out' related fare for the best part of a year now. I don't think this feeling has stemmed purely from a poor start to the season.

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

Post #: 2024
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 8/10/2014 2:36:02 PM   
horribleives

quote:

Yes, but you do have pre-season in the middle you know when you weren't actually playing

My point about the fifth place and you being mid-table on avenge since is that you were punching above you weight to finish, so there for
Padrew deserves credit for that. But realistically given your budget, talent etc.. you are roughly a mid-table side, and there are worse things
to be than that. If you are in serous danger of finishing below that then I would accept that it might be time for a change, but I think October
is a little too early to make that call. Besides which you are unlikely to get anyone better right now, it doesn't like Ashley has any plans to s
sack the manager anytime soon. So to pretend otherwise and to boo the manager and team is just counter productive you may as well just

I'd get your point about October being too early if this poor form was a sudden event but he's been setting the team up poorly and getting terrible results (breaking records left right and centre) for most of the last two years.
And he got plenty of credit for finishing fifth. I never thought he was a great manager but he proved himself to be a capable one. Yet from literally the first day of the following season he abandoned the successful system which had us constantly moving and attacking and reverted to defensive, hoof-ball tactics, resulting in the turgid performances and phenomenal amount of defeats we've been regularly witnessing ever since - believe it or not all those hammerings we've endured this season, last season and the season before happened while the team were attempting to play dull, defensive poor man's-Mourinho, negative football. Now what kind of manager would stick with that approach despite it failing miserably and refuse to revert to the only style of play that has ever worked for him? A fucking appalling oen and one who, like all the other people Ashly employs (Jiminez, Wise, Kinnear, Llambias, Pardew, Kinnear again, Charnley), the reason they are employed has fuck all do with how good they are at their job and even less to do with football.
So this isn't some deluded, knee-jerk reaction to a couple of bad performances like some clueless idiots in the media would have us believe: the tipping point was reached 18 months ago for many of us. Pardew has had far more patience than he deserves and anyone who thinks otherwise needs to actually watch us play to get an idea of how non-existent this charlatan's football brain is. It shouldn't be too difficult - pick any match from this year and sit back and wince.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 8/10/2014 2:38:23 PM >

Post #: 2025
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 8/10/2014 5:33:11 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

quote:

I'd get your point about October being too early if this poor form was a sudden event but he's been setting the team up poorly and getting terrible results (breaking records left right and centre) for most of the last two years.
And he got plenty of credit for finishing fifth. I never thought he was a great manager but he proved himself to be a capable one. Yet from literally the first day of the following season he abandoned the successful system which had us constantly moving and attacking and reverted to defensive, hoof-ball tactics, resulting in the turgid performances and phenomenal amount of defeats we've been regularly witnessing ever since - believe it or not all those hammerings we've endured this season, last season and the season before happened while the team were attempting to play dull, defensive poor man's-Mourinho, negative football. Now what kind of manager would stick with that approach despite it failing miserably and refuse to revert to the only style of play that has ever worked for him? A fucking appalling oen and one who, like all the other people Ashly employs (Jiminez, Wise, Kinnear, Llambias, Pardew, Kinnear again, Charnley), the reason they are employed has fuck all do with how good they are at their job and even less to do with football.
So this isn't some deluded, knee-jerk reaction to a couple of bad performances like some clueless idiots in the media would have us believe: the tipping point was reached 18 months ago for many of us. Pardew has had far more patience than he deserves and anyone who thinks otherwise needs to actually watch us play to get an idea of how non-existent this charlatan's football brain is. It shouldn't be too difficult - pick any match from this year and sit back and wince.

Was the 5th place finish in his first year in charge?

See, the problem with that for me is that come the following year your fellow managers have spent enough time studying the videos and the stats to work you out. We see this time and again with both teams and also individuals. They blast onto the scene. But then they suddenly start to look average. Because many of us probably aren't that keenly aware of the tactics at the highest level it becomes easy to miss the small changes that the opposition now prepared put into effect.

So point 1 would be to judge Pardew not on his first year with Newcastle but his subsequent seasons.

I would agree with Ives that there was a change then. Instead of looking like a team that wanted to go out and win games, Newcastle started to play like a team not wanting to be beaten. Maybe this was that other teams had worked Newcastle out and Pardew didn't have the ability to change and improve. Maybe he started to get comfortable on the 8 year contract. Maybe the players didn't respond well to the manager being rewarded with a big contract for their efforts (I don't know how many of the squad got big deals after their 5th place finish). But something changed. And whatever it is it has not changed back.

I've not got the figures in front of me, but I'm pretty sure last time I saw them Newcastle had spent as much as they'd brought in over the last 4 seasons and that wasn't an insignificant amount. Again they seemed to have an edge there, where Carr was shopping in the French market that bought you a better footballer than the same purchase elsewhere. And maybe again that tactic has been found out by other clubs, or with the rise of PSG and Monaco the bargains just ain't there now. But its another step backwards.

So point 2 would be that Pardew has not shown he has the management skill to spot where its going wrong and right the ship.

I feel he's had his chance at Newcastle. I don't know if the next manager will be able to achieve much more. But I do think that they should at least bring in a manager who is going to entertain. That doesn't necessarily have to be a Keegan approach of winning 5-4, but if you team is going to be run like shit at least make it a fun team to go and watch.

Post #: 2026
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 8/10/2014 6:23:19 PM   
horribleives

The season we finished fifth was his first full season. He took over in December of the first season before.
Good points there anyway, Prof. The main problem in summer 2012 was undoubtedly not strengthening and as with everything wrong with the club this is down to Ashley but Pardew nonetheless proved how gutless and inept he was as the season progressed. From changing a successful formation to accomodate a want-away striker, to shoving his other striker on the wing, to trying to turn Cabaye into a deep lying Pirlo-esque playmaker (Pardew's own words) operating behind (?) Tiote, to spending all season picking consistently poor players despite having talent on the bench, to the baffling negative substitutions that regularly threw games away, to his active dislike of pressing the ball, his love of direct tactics despite having little success with them to our woeful record at defending or scoring from set-pieces...I could go on. All these things and more started that season and bar a brief run of great results before last christmas it's been the same ever since except now it's much, much worse.
He has to go. I haven't got a clue who we'd get or who in their right mind would come but he's had his chance and blew it several times over. If he stays we're relegated, I guarantee it.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 8/10/2014 6:31:18 PM >

Post #: 2027
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 8/10/2014 7:50:13 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Who could replace Pardew?

As I said, I think a manager who could entertain should be a box to check on the list. And it will have to be someone who could work under the Ashley regime. For me these two characteristics rule out perfectly good and available managerial candidates like Moyes, Pulis and Benitez.

I'm honestly coming up short. Zola?

Post #: 2028
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 8/10/2014 8:13:42 PM   
matty_b

Laudrup is a name I've heard mentioned around.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

Post #: 2029
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 8/10/2014 8:54:52 PM   
ElephantBoy

That the fifth place season was back in his first full season actually doesn't matter, because like I said Newcastle were punching above their
weight to finish that high, so its not like fans should expect them to repeat that sort of finish, at least not under current model of how the
club is being run.

You guys make very well argued points, and some of them I do think are fair. But for me I still wouldn't get rid of him right now, and still think
he has done a solid job overall. I don't think the fans calling for him to go is a knee jerk reaction, because it has never been popluar there from
the start so on that your front you are right they wanted him sacked for awhile.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 2030
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 9/10/2014 9:51:17 AM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Laudrup is a name I've heard mentioned around.

He's out in Qatar at the moment, isn't he? I think he's a legend as a player, but as a manager he seems to have an air of doing this as a bit of a hobby. So, he could be a great fit

quote:

That the fifth place season was back in his first full season actually doesn't matter, because like I said Newcastle were punching above their
weight to finish that high, so its not like fans should expect them to repeat that sort of finish, at least not under current model of how the
club is being run.

I'm getting old now, so the memory is going. But the way I remember it is that they picked up Cisse in Jan and he pretty much scored a goal a game after that. Demba Ba was scoring a few too. We've seen recently that if you have a goal machine (or two) in your team then odd things can happen. For example, Liverpool last season or I'd even argue RvP and Utd the season before. So quite right that they were punching above their weight, but if you have one or two strikers who just hit a purple patch then its like putting a horseshoe in the boxing glove.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 2031
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 9/10/2014 1:16:27 PM   
Professor Moriarty

I keep reading that Ashley has an agreement with the SFA to not hold more than 10% of Rangers shares. But I never see an explanation of why this agreement is made. Is it simply that the SFA think he's a c*nt and are happy for him to put some of his money in the system, but are fucked if they are going to let him have a controlling stake in a club.

Post #: 2032
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 9/10/2014 4:07:19 PM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

I keep reading that Ashley has an agreement with the SFA to not hold more than 10% of Rangers shares. But I never see an explanation of why this agreement is made. Is it simply that the SFA think he's a c*nt and are happy for him to put some of his money in the system, but are fucked if they are going to let him have a controlling stake in a club.

After what happened to both Rangers and Hearts, they're weary of one individual holding a controlling stake of more than 1 club. So it's not anything specifically to do with Ashley, it's just a set of new regulations that were put in place by the SFA post-Whyte.

As for a managerial candidate...

Steve Kean?

Neil Lennon wouldn't be a bad shout. If you wanted to go more leftfield, Thomas Tuchel would be an interesting (albeit slightly risky) choice as well (although there might be a contract issue to deal with).

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

Post #: 2033
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 9/10/2014 5:34:15 PM   
Lord Varys

Wow, Newcastle got a draw and this thread is on fire since. I wonder what will happen if they win a game...

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 2034
Page:   <<   < prev  64 65 66 67 [68]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! Page: <<   < prev  64 65 66 67 [68]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI