Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! Page: <<   < prev  63 64 65 66 [67]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 3/3/2014 2:16:36 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Of the highest order!

He's still doing a great job management wise though, the results he's churning out despite the owner seemingly trying his best to prevent them are admirable.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 1981
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 3/3/2014 2:25:02 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

And SHP, with all due respect, it's amusing to hear a Manu Fan moralising about this considering what Fergie used to get up to

Only in football do we get such ridiculous counter arguments as 'your opinion doesn't count you support X team.'

Erm, at what point did I say that? I was talking about the hypocrisy and double standards of the professionally outraged/sack him! brigade, a group which you appear to belong to. But never mind, well done for quoting one sentence and ignoring the rest of the post.

You've actually furthered my point there. What you are saying is nonsense.

Let's overlook whether or not what you say about Ferguson is true or over exaggerated. What you are saying is fans of Man Utd can't have an opinion on Pardew (unless in support of him) because Ferguson did X. Somehow to condemn Pardew as a Man Utd is hypocritical because a Ferguson did X, because we're Man Utd fans we only ever commend and in fact advise Ferguson to commit such acts, we couldn't possibly condemn them ourselves. It's like those people who say we cannot call a player a diver because Ashley Young dives, even though we as fans don't necessarily agree with what he does.

I suppose as a Man Utd fan I advocate Kung fu kicking spectators as well?

Okay I'm pretty sure you're deliberately missing the point now. At no point did I say your opinion was invalid.
What I'm saying is Ferguson has done far worse than Pardew did on saturday and I'll wager at no point during his reign at Man U did your self-righteousness extend to demand he be sacked. Unless you did, in which case: you win.
I'm not just talking about Man U fans either, I used that as an example (along with Souness, Shearer and those holier than thou bores on MOTD). Anyone, be they a fan, player, pundit or journalist who gets on their high horse about this ridiculous incident is utimately exposing themselves as inconsistent unless they're gonna give equal condemnation to far more serious stuff that goes on every week, and they better have a pretty spotless history themselves before they pass judgement.
To clarify: he's an idiot, what he did was daft and he deserved to get sent to the stands but the reaction from fans and the media has been so over the top I'm genuinely concerned about what state the game's gonna be in in ten years time. Played by nuns presumably.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 3/3/2014 3:06:41 PM >

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 1982
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 3/3/2014 3:13:43 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler
On the flip side if Pardew walked on to the pitch and pushed a player what would we be saying then ? Similar uproar I would imagine. So why then when a player does the opposite and pushes a manager in the technical area does everyone thinks well it's only a push so that's ok ?

Because a push isn't the same as putting your nut on someone's face, that's why. If Pardew had just shoved Meyler back, I would have laughed. Seriously. Because I would have seen it as the proverbial six of one. I'd still think he was a knobhead (because he is), but I would have been disgusted if he'd got a £100k fine for it or faced calls to resign.

If the manager is of such high morale standing and a figure of authority to the the players as you would suggest then raising your hands to him, even a push should be a big no no regardless of Pardews reaction and should be looked on as similar to the incident of Pardew and the linesman.

Exactly. The difference is if he had pushed him I wouldn't have been too bothered, but the authorities still would. It's that line I referred to.

quote:

You can't give all of a sudden give Meyler a pass because of Pardews reaction, he incited the incident and especially not if your going to treat the manager to a higher standard of conduct than the player. Even using your own logic if I pushed my manager or any another manager at work I doubt I would be getting just a warning. If they are going to throw the book at Pardew then likewise they should throw it at Meyler.

Once again a push isn't the same as a head-butt. To throw the book for a push would probably mean throwing the book at half the footballers in the PL which isn't exactly practical. Conversely, no other manager I can think of in the near 30 years I've been watching football has been brainless enough to put the nut on a player while a game is being played so it warrants a bit more attention.

But he didn't put the nut on him. A lot of people are saying that's irrelevant but it's pretty important as far as I'm concerned. If that was a headbutt then presumably the push from Meyler was a punch? What was Charlie Adams' stamp on Giroud? Attempted murder?

< Message edited by horribleives -- 3/3/2014 3:14:29 PM >

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 1983
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 3/3/2014 6:18:20 PM   
Dirk Miggler

This had more force......

Click

< Message edited by Dirk Miggler -- 3/3/2014 7:13:50 PM >

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 1984
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 3/3/2014 6:38:24 PM   
superdan

How much force needs to be applied before a head-push becomes a head-butt?

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 1985
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 10/4/2014 5:46:35 PM   
Beno

Am going to the game against Stoke on Saturday but will be in with the Stoke fans as the Toon allocation is sold out.

Reports to follow as to if we get out in one piece.

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 1986
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 10/4/2014 10:15:21 PM   
horribleives

I'm predicting yet another hammering on Saturday and the sad thing is I couldn't even give a shit.
I just want them all gone - Pardew, Carver, Stone, Beardsley, Moncur, Ashley, Charnley, Wendy fucking Taylor....the whole sorry shower of cunts and if it takes relegation for it to happen (as is surely on the cards this time next year) then so be it.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1987
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 11/4/2014 2:31:39 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

Am going to the game against Stoke on Saturday but will be in with the Stoke fans as the Toon allocation is sold out.

Reports to follow as to if we get out in one piece.

If you want to endear yourself to the Stoke fans how about launching into a solo rendition of this:

You put your left back here
Your right back there
Left back, right back
Full backs everywhere
You hire Alan Pardew and you lose four nowt
That's what we're all about
Hey!

Ooooh fuck off, Alan Pardew
Mike's fault, your fault
Fuck off now!

< Message edited by horribleives -- 11/4/2014 2:32:49 AM >

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1988
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 11/4/2014 11:09:20 PM   
galvatron

We've been shocking since we sold Cabaye and we've only scored one goal without Remy in the side. He's got almost 50% of our goals this season and he's injured. Anyone wanting a safe bet tomorrow it's bet on Newcastle not to score. We've failed to score in 11 of the last 15 league games. That's relegation form to be honest and we're shocking right now. The players have been on the beach since Christmas. Anyone watching the Southampton game could see how awful our team were, really sad considering where we were placed at Christmas. I think it shows the clubs lack of ambition as had we fought to keep Cabaye or replaced him we could've been fighting for a Europa league spot or at least some pride. But our model is to place mid table and sell on our players.

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 1989
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 12/4/2014 1:27:28 AM   
horribleives

Fear not, with the club this week pledging to sign (on loan, obviously) one or two players a year we can look forward to unearthing more gems like Luke De Jong. Let the good times roll!

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 1990
Page:   <<   < prev  63 64 65 66 [67]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! Page: <<   < prev  63 64 65 66 [67]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI