Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! Page: <<   < prev  63 64 65 66 [67]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 3/3/2014 3:13:43 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler
On the flip side if Pardew walked on to the pitch and pushed a player what would we be saying then ? Similar uproar I would imagine. So why then when a player does the opposite and pushes a manager in the technical area does everyone thinks well it's only a push so that's ok ?

Because a push isn't the same as putting your nut on someone's face, that's why. If Pardew had just shoved Meyler back, I would have laughed. Seriously. Because I would have seen it as the proverbial six of one. I'd still think he was a knobhead (because he is), but I would have been disgusted if he'd got a 100k fine for it or faced calls to resign.

If the manager is of such high morale standing and a figure of authority to the the players as you would suggest then raising your hands to him, even a push should be a big no no regardless of Pardews reaction and should be looked on as similar to the incident of Pardew and the linesman.

Exactly. The difference is if he had pushed him I wouldn't have been too bothered, but the authorities still would. It's that line I referred to.

quote:

You can't give all of a sudden give Meyler a pass because of Pardews reaction, he incited the incident and especially not if your going to treat the manager to a higher standard of conduct than the player. Even using your own logic if I pushed my manager or any another manager at work I doubt I would be getting just a warning. If they are going to throw the book at Pardew then likewise they should throw it at Meyler.

Once again a push isn't the same as a head-butt. To throw the book for a push would probably mean throwing the book at half the footballers in the PL which isn't exactly practical. Conversely, no other manager I can think of in the near 30 years I've been watching football has been brainless enough to put the nut on a player while a game is being played so it warrants a bit more attention.

But he didn't put the nut on him. A lot of people are saying that's irrelevant but it's pretty important as far as I'm concerned. If that was a headbutt then presumably the push from Meyler was a punch? What was Charlie Adams' stamp on Giroud? Attempted murder?

< Message edited by horribleives -- 3/3/2014 3:14:29 PM >

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 1981
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 3/3/2014 6:18:20 PM   
Dirk Miggler

This had more force......

Click

< Message edited by Dirk Miggler -- 3/3/2014 7:13:50 PM >

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 1982
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 3/3/2014 6:38:24 PM   
superdan

How much force needs to be applied before a head-push becomes a head-butt?

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 1983
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 10/4/2014 5:46:35 PM   
Beno

Am going to the game against Stoke on Saturday but will be in with the Stoke fans as the Toon allocation is sold out.

Reports to follow as to if we get out in one piece.

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 1984
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 10/4/2014 10:15:21 PM   
horribleives

I'm predicting yet another hammering on Saturday and the sad thing is I couldn't even give a shit.
I just want them all gone - Pardew, Carver, Stone, Beardsley, Moncur, Ashley, Charnley, Wendy fucking Taylor....the whole sorry shower of cunts and if it takes relegation for it to happen (as is surely on the cards this time next year) then so be it.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1985
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 11/4/2014 2:31:39 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

Am going to the game against Stoke on Saturday but will be in with the Stoke fans as the Toon allocation is sold out.

Reports to follow as to if we get out in one piece.

If you want to endear yourself to the Stoke fans how about launching into a solo rendition of this:

You put your left back here
Your right back there
Left back, right back
Full backs everywhere
You hire Alan Pardew and you lose four nowt
That's what we're all about
Hey!

Ooooh fuck off, Alan Pardew
Mike's fault, your fault
Fuck off now!

< Message edited by horribleives -- 11/4/2014 2:32:49 AM >

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1986
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 11/4/2014 11:09:20 PM   
galvatron

We've been shocking since we sold Cabaye and we've only scored one goal without Remy in the side. He's got almost 50% of our goals this season and he's injured. Anyone wanting a safe bet tomorrow it's bet on Newcastle not to score. We've failed to score in 11 of the last 15 league games. That's relegation form to be honest and we're shocking right now. The players have been on the beach since Christmas. Anyone watching the Southampton game could see how awful our team were, really sad considering where we were placed at Christmas. I think it shows the clubs lack of ambition as had we fought to keep Cabaye or replaced him we could've been fighting for a Europa league spot or at least some pride. But our model is to place mid table and sell on our players.

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 1987
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 12/4/2014 1:27:28 AM   
horribleives

Fear not, with the club this week pledging to sign (on loan, obviously) one or two players a year we can look forward to unearthing more gems like Luke De Jong. Let the good times roll!

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 1988
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 8/5/2014 6:55:09 PM   
horribleives

Finally decided that if Pardew and Ashley are still here by the time pre-season comes around I'm wrapping my season ticket in. I'd love it if 50,000 others did the same, and I know plenty of people who already have, but judging by the fact that only a couple of thousand walked out on Saturday* I'm not holding my breath. And I'm under no illusions that it'll change anything unless people do it en masse but fuck it - it makes me sick to my stomach what these cunts have done to our club and I can't bear the thought of enabling them any longer.
And that gutless prick Bob Moncur can stick his 'I'm a Newcastle supporter' schtick up his fucking arse too.

*Mind, I'm proud of everyone who did, and even those who stayed never let up with the abuse directed towards Ashley and Pardew so we can hold our heads up high. But unless the fanzines and websites get organised and keep up the protest nowt's gonna change, and if that's the case then I'd rather we got fucking relegated than allow these shameless chancers* to continue taking the piss out of everyone of us.

*And that includes that gutless prick Bob Moncur who can stick his 'I'm a Newcastle' supporter schtick even further up his fucking arse too.

Post #: 1989
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 8/5/2014 8:55:24 PM   
ElephantBoy

Still need this call for the manager to leave explaining to me. A top ten finish is the best Newcastle can hope for right now given their squad and the budget spent. The season before last you finished fifth, overall I would say Padrew's record is pretty good. The Keegan/Sir Bobby years are long gone.

Post #: 1990
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 8/5/2014 9:18:16 PM   
horribleives

With all due respect, unless you've watched every game we've played in 2014 or listened to the increasingly bizarre and downright offensive rubbish that comes out of his mouth you're probably not best placed to pass judgement on our arrogant, busted flush of a manager.
Read the statistics - his record is very far from 'pretty good' - it's fucking appalling. He's been breaking unwanted records left right and centre this season and apart from that top five finish he's achieved very little other than keeping himself in a job (which he never would have done at any other club) because he's exactly the kind of manager Ashley wants. And his lies and excuses are an insult to every Newcastle fan, to say nothing of the truly appalling tactics. Every time he sets his team up it is all about keeping his job, keeping the score down (don't laugh) getting the best out of the players or trying to win a game convincingly is the last thing on his mind. And again, because I can't stress this enough - his tactics are truly appalling
Ashley and the disgraceful way the club is run is the main problem but Pardew's a huge part of it. And as for the top ten being the best we can hope for, you're right. But if we hadn't had a good run before Christmas we would have been relegated this year in a shot. Any other club with an ounce of ambition who found themselves sixth at Christmas would have strengthened in january, held onto Cabaye til the end of the season, shown a bit of commitment to finishing as high up the table as possible but not these fuckers, and Pardew is complicit in every criminally neglectful decision the cunts make. This is a club who have admitted their policy is not to buy players. And the manager publicly condones it every fucking time. These are people who have been proven to be liars in a court of law. It's truly shocking and the fact that the media and supporters of other clubs think we're all deluded and want to compete with Man City and Chelsea boils my fucking piss. We want to compete with every other club who, erm, buy players. You know, Southampton, Hull, Swansea, Crystal Palace, even Sunderland. That's it, to be run like an actual football club, instead of an advertising hoarding for that fat piece of shit and his grubby company.
And until every last one of them are gone I'm never setting foot in that stadium again.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 8/5/2014 9:20:25 PM >

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 1991
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 8/5/2014 9:22:51 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

Still need this call for the manager to leave explaining to me. A top ten finish is the best Newcastle can hope for right now given their squad and the budget spent. The season before last you finished fifth, overall I would say Padrew's record is pretty good. The Keegan/Sir Bobby years are long gone.

That though, I agree with 100%.

Post #: 1992
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 9/5/2014 11:24:51 AM   
horribleives

This article sums up our issues with Pardew better than I could:

http://themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/best-article-youll-ever-read-current-state-newcastle-united/

And for anyone who still thinks Ashley deserves credit for 'ploughing' his own cash into the club:

http://themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/sir-john-hall-makes-clear-mike-ashley-bought-newcastle-united/

The manner in which tens of millions of pounds appears to have just vanished into thin air is frankly sinister.

Post #: 1993
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 9/5/2014 11:55:59 AM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

With all due respect, unless you've watched every game we've played in 2014 or listened to the increasingly bizarre and downright offensive rubbish that comes out of his mouth you're probably not best placed to pass judgement on our arrogant, busted flush of a manager.
Read the statistics - his record is very far from 'pretty good' - it's fucking appalling. He's been breaking unwanted records left right and centre this season and apart from that top five finish he's achieved very little other than keeping himself in a job (which he never would have done at any other club) because he's exactly the kind of manager Ashley wants. And his lies and excuses are an insult to every Newcastle fan, to say nothing of the truly appalling tactics. Every time he sets his team up it is all about keeping his job, keeping the score down (don't laugh) getting the best out of the players or trying to win a game convincingly is the last thing on his mind. And again, because I can't stress this enough - his tactics are truly appalling
Ashley and the disgraceful way the club is run is the main problem but Pardew's a huge part of it. And as for the top ten being the best we can hope for, you're right. But if we hadn't had a good run before Christmas we would have been relegated this year in a shot. Any other club with an ounce of ambition who found themselves sixth at Christmas would have strengthened in january, held onto Cabaye til the end of the season, shown a bit of commitment to finishing as high up the table as possible but not these fuckers, and Pardew is complicit in every criminally neglectful decision the cunts make. This is a club who have admitted their policy is not to buy players. And the manager publicly condones it every fucking time. These are people who have been proven to be liars in a court of law. It's truly shocking and the fact that the media and supporters of other clubs think we're all deluded and want to compete with Man City and Chelsea boils my fucking piss. We want to compete with every other club who, erm, buy players. You know, Southampton, Hull, Swansea, Crystal Palace, even Sunderland. That's it, to be run like an actual football club, instead of an advertising hoarding for that fat piece of shit and his grubby company.
And until every last one of them are gone I'm never setting foot in that stadium again.

That is the one point which I may agree on, but then maybe the cash wasn't afforded him. I don't agree that you would have gone down if not for the good early season form you are far from one of the three worse teams in the league.

The reason I mention the Keegan/Robson days is because certain Newcastle supporters are still trying to live in those eras.

Post #: 1994
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 9/5/2014 4:59:20 PM   
horribleives

You must know more Newcastle fans than me then because I don't know anyone still trying to live in that era. Read the two articles I linked to above - the first one pretty much sums up the way most of us feel about the club at the minute yet the national press would have you believe we're just deluded whingers bitter not to be in the top five. Honestly, it's staggering how little people know about the horrendous mess the club is in. Which is fine - I don't expect everyone to have an in depth knowledge of NUFC.But I do expect pundits, journalists and fans of other clubs to get their facts right before passing comment.

Post #: 1995
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 9/5/2014 5:28:54 PM   
galvatron

Without the results in November/December we would've been close to relegation. Lost 12 out of 18 games. Only Norwich have scored fewer goals than us since Christmas.

No one is living in the Keegan/Robson era. We know where we are. But we also know that with some better investment this team could've came on a long way. We came 5th, then didn't re-invest and tried to take that side without back up into the Europa league. It was obvious we'd struggle without getting in more players. Then we sold our best striker, Ba, and continued to struggle despite signing five French players. We then didn't sign anyone again and only got Remy on loan. Even after that we still had an excellent first 11. With a few more players we could've been up there challenging with Everton and United.

As a Toon fan, I'm not expecting us to challenge City, Chelsea et al. I'm expecting us to be challenging for Europa league.

Post #: 1996
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 10/5/2014 11:56:44 PM   
ElephantBoy

I'm still not sure how you are blaming the manager for most of those things. Sounds like you have become a bit of a selling club and to me that is more down to the owner.

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 1997
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 11/5/2014 10:28:48 AM   
horribleives

Make no mistake - everything's down to the owner. The fact that Pardew's there to begin with (and remains, despite the largely terrible last two seasons) is because of Ashley and his lack of interest in the football side of the club. But Pardew is complicit in everything -the lies, the excuses, the lies, the appalling tactics, the failure to get the best out of talented players, the lies, the negatvity, the lies, the admissions that he can't motivate his team, the lies, the shameful banishing of our few gifted footballers for questioning his appalling tactics, the lies. Whoever manages us is going to be a puppet under this repugnant regime but at the very least we coul have a puppet who plays people in their proper positions.

Post #: 1998
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 11/5/2014 12:05:39 PM   
ElephantBoy

But that is where we disagree on the "two terrible seasons" because you are set to finish at least 10th today, so I don't know how you can call that a terrible? You also have to bare in mind all the turmoil at the club this season something which threatened to have you struggling near the bottom, that hasn't happened and I think that shows what a good job Padrew has done.

Post #: 1999
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 23/5/2014 4:54:58 PM   
Beno

Nine players released today including Shola, De Jong and Remy which kind of means we have no strikeforce at the minute.

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

Post #: 2000
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 18/7/2014 2:09:42 PM   
horribleives

Sad news:

http://www.nufc.com/

RIP.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 2001
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 18/7/2014 11:51:48 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

Sad news:

http://www.nufc.com/

RIP.

Puts Football into prospective really, RIP.

Post #: 2002
Page:   <<   < prev  63 64 65 66 [67]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! Page: <<   < prev  63 64 65 66 [67]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI