Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! Page: <<   < prev  58 59 [60] 61 62   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 27/2/2013 6:02:48 PM   
horribleives

He had a great game and seemed a solid, reliable pair of hands to me. Was blameless for the two goals and made a couple of great saves and a brilliant assist for Cisse. His distribution was particularly good - when he needs to he can pick out a great long ball which is one thing Krul's pretty poor at. Even before the second goal I was saying to me mate he had a hell of a pass on him. No doobt there'll be the odd hairy moment in the coming weeks (he'll be starting about 6 or 7 games I'd say) but I'm pretty content with him so far and he looks more than capable of performing at this level..

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 1771
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 27/2/2013 8:58:48 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

He had a great game and seemed a solid, reliable pair of hands to me. Was blameless for the two goals and made a couple of great saves and a brilliant assist for Cisse. His distribution was particularly good - when he needs to he can pick out a great long ball which is one thing Krul's pretty poor at. Even before the second goal I was saying to me mate he had a hell of a pass on him. No doobt there'll be the odd hairy moment in the coming weeks (he'll be starting about 6 or 7 games I'd say) but I'm pretty content with him so far and he looks more than capable of performing at this level..

Yeah one of the things I was always a fan of at Charlton was his distribution, he was a brilliant reaction player as well, always on his mark, his commanding of crosses was always a bit of his downfall but to be honest that is the same problem we've had with a few of our keepers as we're currently finding out with Ben Hamer. Really pleased to hear he did so well though, over the moon for the lad, he's been waiting a long time for his chance and like I said, he's fought his way up the ladder in his career, when he was at Notts County on a season-loan loan he knocked their number one off his perch, then he came back to us and took the jersey off Nicky Weaver and now it looks that way may be coming with Tim Krul. I personally don't think England is beyond him, he probably won't play in a World Cup or European Championship, but if he shows the same talent and flair I believe he can then a back-up role to Joe Hart and Jack Butland in the future is not completely out of the question although probably speaking too soon there.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 1772
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 15/3/2013 7:10:18 PM   
horribleives

Just watched Cisse's goal celebration from last night on the news - was too busy jumping around at the time to notice his pitch-perfect Ketsbaia tribute. What a fantastic human being.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 1773
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 18/3/2013 12:58:16 PM   
Beno

Just had to come on here to express my utter disgust at the challenge on Haidara yesterday. Hopefully retrospectively something can be done - at least a 3 match ban .

All Toon fans are waiting to see the extent of the injury cos to be honest it had me thinking really horrid thoughts like 'career ending' as knees are so fragile...... i sure hope not!

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

Post #: 1774
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 18/3/2013 1:24:31 PM   
horribleives

According to Dave Whelan the foul 'wasn't reckless', he got the ball 'clean as a whistle' and the ref 'had a perfect view'. Oh fuck off back to the fourth division you stupid old cunt.
I'm less annoyed at McManaman than I am at the ref and linesmen - it was a horrific foul and he should have been off immediately but I don't think he meant to snap Haidara's leg in half. Halsey on the other hand...unbelievable incompetentce. Even if he didn't see the tackle (which in itself is an admission of not doing your job properly) I'd love to know where he thought all that blood had came from.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1775
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 18/3/2013 1:28:13 PM   
Dirk Miggler

Disgraceful challenge, Martinez says "he's not that sort of boy" but the complete lack of remorse shown as it happened, during treatment, being stretchered off and at half-time when it "kicked off" suggest the lad really is the sort.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1776
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 18/3/2013 1:45:08 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Whenever Dave Whelan opens his trap I get the overbearing sense that thank god! football owners dont speak out that often.

What Whelan has said once again reaffirms my views on the man:Plank.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 18/3/2013 2:05:28 PM >

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 1777
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 18/3/2013 1:50:13 PM   
elab49

I saw it again this morning. Larsson's is still the worst thing I've seen on the pitch, but this one was horrible.

I get that they are arguing that no official saw it because of the run of play. No excuse for the handball though - that's where they should all have been bleedin' looking.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 1778
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 19/3/2013 7:22:41 AM   
Dirk Miggler

Only just seen Whelan's comments, I'm appalled at the stance him and Martinez are taking on this. Sorry bur there is no defending this type of challenge knee high, studs up, and with that much force, give over Whelan !

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 1779
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 19/3/2013 6:19:29 PM   
Beno

The FA have lost the plot!

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

Post #: 1780
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 19/3/2013 7:15:42 PM   
elab49

So the official saw but didn't really see it otherwise they would have done something but the FA are giving this as a pathetic excuse for doing nothing? He clearly didn't ACTUALLY see it - so what the hell is their problem?

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1781
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 19/3/2013 7:29:16 PM   
Dirk Miggler

Apparently as long as they see a "coming together" of two players challenging for the ball and not see the foul then no retrospective action can be taken. Hmmmmm, Ok ???
Seems strange to me that you can have a red card rescinded retrospectively but not give one. I'm not saying they should sit down and look at all challenges that would be silly but in extreme cases such as this not taking action just makes them look like complete fools.

< Message edited by Dirk Miggler -- 19/3/2013 7:31:28 PM >

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 1782
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 19/3/2013 7:29:59 PM   
Dirk Miggler

Double post.

< Message edited by Dirk Miggler -- 19/3/2013 7:30:39 PM >

Post #: 1783
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 22/3/2013 11:48:09 AM   
Beno

Players we have injured at the moment - Colo, Cabaye, Debuchy, Krul, Haidara, Ben Arfa, R. Taylor and Vuckic.

Thats almost a full team of players that can start in games ..... a tad worrying. Im glad its the International break.

Post #: 1784
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 22/3/2013 12:57:28 PM   
Dirk Miggler

It's a worry but then it's been that way all season, kind of makes you more hopeful for next season though regarding the league, I think Europe coupled with the injuries really hurt our league form this season but We're looking safe now and we've got a real chance in Europe.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1785
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 22/3/2013 3:12:07 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

Players we have injured at the moment - Colo, Cabaye, Debuchy, Krul, Haidara, Ben Arfa, R. Taylor and Vuckic.

Thats almost a full team of players that can start in games ..... a tad worrying. Im glad its the International break.

It's not as bad as it sounds though - Cabaye and Debuchy are back for the Man City game in which Taylor's in contention for a place on the bench, Colo and Krul could be fit for the following match (Benfica) and, amazingly, Haidara's injury is only likely to keep him out for three weeks. So, the other two long-term ones aside, we're not really any worse off than we were before the recent run of games.
Gutted we're not gonna get to see Ben Arfa linking up with Gouffran and Sissoko but there's always next season. Hopefully.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1786
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 18/4/2013 2:58:19 PM   
horribleives

Sad news about Ryan Taylor. Hope that's not his career over. Poor lad.

Post #: 1787
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 29/4/2013 7:00:02 PM   
horribleives

Off to the pub to cheer on sunderland against Villa. Yes, it's come to this.

Post #: 1788
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 29/4/2013 9:51:57 PM   
matty_b

Sunderland now losing by the exact scoreline needed to move Villa above Newcastle.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

Post #: 1789
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 29/4/2013 10:21:23 PM   
directorscut

I have Newcastle getting one more point this season (against QPR).

I have Wigan getting two. So Newcastle are safe.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 1790
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 29/4/2013 10:43:56 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

Off to the pub to cheer on sunderland against Villa. Yes, it's come to this.

I dont think Newcastle or Sunderland fans want you to ever cheer for them again.

Post #: 1791
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 29/4/2013 11:53:59 PM   
horribleives

Terrible result for us but there was still a crumb of comfort in seeing Them get stuffed. In the real world though, as I can't see us getting more than a draw for the rest of the season, we really need Wigan to lose every game from now on. Jesus.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 1792
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 30/4/2013 12:24:55 AM   
Professor Moriarty

Pardew's big celebration a couple if weeks ago always looked premature.

But I agree with dc, Wigan won't get many more points.

Post #: 1793
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 30/4/2013 12:33:58 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

Pardew's big celebration a couple if weeks ago always looked premature.

But I agree with dc, Wigan won't get many more points.

That's pretty much all I'm clinging onto now

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 1794
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 30/4/2013 12:58:54 PM   
Beno

Jesus Christ im worried!!

I mean really fretting we will go down after Saturday. A defeat like that can cause bad feeling in the team - there are already rumblings of discontent, French style - not to mention poor morale and downright fear in some of the players. All these things are all part of human nature when stressfull situations get on top of a person which in turn could lead to underperformance. But obviously we cannot afford to play badly in our last 3 games. We've got to treat these remaining fixtures as Cup Finals to ensure we get some points and not rely on Wigan failing because on their day Wigan can beat anyone and have an annoying habit of picking up a lot of points at the end of seasons.

The team we put out is of paramount importance. An attacking side should have been employed on Saturday and has got to used in the remaining games. How about Marveaux, Gouffran and Ben Arfa up front to start. As much as i love Cisse i feel the pace in those three could be more effective.
Also how about Harper in goal - the old warhorse - . Elliot let in 6 the other day and could have done better with some of them. Harper is a kind of leader in a sense and knows, truly knows what the next 3 games truly mean.

Of course Pardew will do his own thing which has failed recently.

Why cant we simply hold a high line like we did in the second half against Benfica in the home game. That kind of attack will ensure we pepper the goalmouth.

This squad is way waaaayy too good to go down........ it would be criminal!

Post #: 1795
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 30/4/2013 1:49:15 PM   
horribleives

Re: those rumblings of discontent. I can understand why Cabaye's become annoyed at Pardew's continual apportioning of blame, and indeed the manager's woeful tactics which have played a huge part in our recent slump (not least the appalling decision to play Bigiramana on the wing against Benfica, not starting with Ben Arfa and Goufran on sunday, or the constant presence of Jonas in the starting 11) but in the same sense. Cabaye's been one of our worst players this season, none more so than the last 5 or 6 games in which he's looked a Championship level-player at best, except without the fight and backbone that those players tend to posess. Here's a thought, as captain, why not step up and act like one on the pitch instead of whinging? I've barely seen Cabaye say a word to his team-mates during the last few games. Fair enough, he's only ended up captain as a result of our actual captain letting us down with his extra-marital activities and self-inflicted 'back injury' and may not even want the job but if he cares as much as he says he does why not make more effort where it matters?
Hopefully once the season's over (and assuming we stay up...) and Pardew's gone, whoever comes in may inspire the lads to up their game for next season but the manner in which their heads have dropped as soon as the going gets tough is disturbing to say the least. I guess the fact that the french players (and indeed the likes of Tiote and Anita) all came from european clubs who were used to success may have something to do with not handling the culture shock of being in a relegation fight but they all knew this before they signed. Hopefully this season'll turn out to have been a valuable learning curve for them. But if they wany to stay in the premiership they're gonna have to man up.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1796
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 30/4/2013 2:28:55 PM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

This squad is way waaaayy too good to go down........ it would be criminal!

I'm fairly sure that's been said many times in the past by teams who went on to get relegated.

Including Newcastle.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1797
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 30/4/2013 8:39:32 PM   
galvatron

I'm also very worried. Will we manage even another point in the league? We're lucky to have that QPR game as Arsenal will certainly desperate for the win come final day.

We've got a hugely talented squad but they're doing balls. I've only seen about 4 games this season and we've been dump every time. Where did it all go from last year?

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 1798
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 2/5/2013 8:17:00 PM   
horribleives

Watching the Chelsea match is really depressing me. Nowt to do with the football - it was a year ago today at Stamford Bridge Cisse scored that goal.
I may go for a little weep later.

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 1799
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 15/5/2013 3:39:31 PM   
Professor Moriarty

It's definitely today's best story http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-talks-wayne-rooney-3818236

I remember Bobby Robson putting in a bid before he moved to ManU. So is there something in the club that says they must bid for Rooney if he is likely to move ?

Post #: 1800
Page:   <<   < prev  58 59 [60] 61 62   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! Page: <<   < prev  58 59 [60] 61 62   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI