Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 10/11/2007 3:17:28 PM   
Beno

We were so lucky its almost unbelievable , lapses in concentration , bad passing and no service to Owen . Somethings got to give come January i think .

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 151
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 12/11/2007 8:46:36 AM   
Beno

I worry for our next 3 games if we play like we have been playing in the last few weeks . First we have Liverpool at home then Blackburn away , who have played great lately , and then Arsenal who are.... well Arsenal . To get anything from any of those games we are going to have to raise our own game or it will be no points in 3 and we will end up near the relegation zone .

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 152
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 14/11/2007 12:58:26 PM   
belluccisbra

it becomming a bit of a shambles, cant defend, cant attcka and no creativity.

arsenal will of course be crapping there pants in fear of facing us!

Exterminate all rational thought

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 153
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 15/11/2007 3:52:00 PM   
Beno

quote:

ORIGINAL: belluccisbra

it becomming a bit of a shambles, cant defend, cant attcka and no creativity.

arsenal will of course be crapping there pants in fear of facing us!

We lack the intensity that the top clubs have , i thought that the good buys we got would inject some and it did for a short time at the start of the season but we seem to have become almost lazy as a unit . This cant be said for every player in the squad but for a lot of them .

(in reply to belluccisbra)
Post #: 154
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 16/11/2007 12:01:14 PM   
Beno

Cant belive this :

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1168578,00.html

If this is true and he aint fully fit yet why the hell has he been playing??

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 155
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 19/11/2007 12:34:06 PM   
Beno

OOOHH LOOK.......

AND AGAIN.......

I HAD TO LAUGH........ THEN SIGH ....... THEN WONDER.......WHYYY!!!

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 156
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 19/11/2007 4:39:09 PM   
pettsy

Gutted, but not surprised.  Another six weeks.  I can't see him being given a new contract the way he's going to be honest.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 157
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 6/12/2007 11:51:55 AM   
Beno

Cant belive how well we played last night against Arsenal , if we put in performances like that on a regular basis then we will storm up the table.......but of course i digress . Oh well who knows , stranger things have transpired at Newcastle .

(in reply to pettsy)
Post #: 158
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 27/12/2007 10:07:17 AM   
belluccisbra

Utterly embarassing clueless crap how long allardyce will last when the team plays like this is anyones guess- but bar a massive turn around he'll be out sooner rather than later.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 159
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 31/12/2007 10:21:49 AM   
Beno

Why do we seem to try harder against the "better" teams . Yeah we should have had a draw at Chelsea , but you make your own luck a lot of the time . In other words we need to "try harder" all the time .

Post #: 160
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 31/12/2007 10:40:21 AM   
Rinc

What do you think Beno of the Allardyce and Shearer speculation? I for one think a lot of Newcastle fans are living in cloud cuckoo land if they think getting rid of Allardyce after half a season is a good idea. You're closer to a Uefa Cup place than a relegation one and you've suffered a lot of injuries. Ok so you haven't played great football but that's probably not to be expected anyway under Allardyce. Surely your manager should be given a lot more time to sort out the club?

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 161
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 31/12/2007 12:09:35 PM   
matty_b

I'd love to know where these Newcastle fans get the idea that Shearer is a managerial messiah in waiting. Utterly ludicrous.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 162
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 31/12/2007 1:14:10 PM   
Beno

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

I'd love to know where these Newcastle fans get the idea that Shearer is a managerial messiah in waiting. Utterly ludicrous.

Well of course he isnt and cos i dont live in Newcasle i dont feel exactly the same as your average Toon fan right now . They have no patience and want the glory days of Keegans reign NOW . It would be good to hear Shearer speak out and say what he thinks . For me its all a question of simple possession and good old fashioned tackling that we lack - if the other team dont have the ball they cant do anything with it -.Working much harder on getting the ball , simple but effective , we lack that .
I wish we would just play 4-4-2 sometimes as well , im sure it suits this bunch better .

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 163
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 31/12/2007 1:23:46 PM   
belluccisbra

I dont think shearer is the answer- he may revive the team in the short term but the thinking needs to be longer term.

agaianst man city i'd like allardyce to play 4-4-2 with enrique at LB, zog LW and milner RW

and she what happens, im guessing a better performance than we've seen recently

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 164
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 31/12/2007 1:33:55 PM   
Beno

Id like to see Alan Smith make the most of while hes Captain and verbally hammer anyone in the team who underperforms...... nothing like a tongue lashing from an irate Yorkshireman .

Post #: 165
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 31/12/2007 1:38:01 PM   
belluccisbra

unlikely he'll play against man city though- hes got amnesia so is may be buut/emre in the centre- i'd be happy with that

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 166
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 3/1/2008 10:30:01 AM   
Beno

Im dumbfounded , last night against Man City we could have been 3-0 up after 20 mins. but we lost 2-0 . Owen got little service when he came on , somethings got to give . But we MUST stick with Big Sam .

Post #: 167
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 3/1/2008 10:33:45 AM   
Felix

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 168
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 3/1/2008 12:11:14 PM   
belluccisbra

actually played well in the 1st half should have scored but didnt.

Story of our season cant score/ won't defend

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 169
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 3/1/2008 1:18:52 PM   
Beno

quote:

ORIGINAL: Felix

Im looking for a hammer for the piggybank as i type this Felix .
On another matter , this morning Big Sam has said he wants Ben Haim for the rest of the season . WHY ??
There is nothing wrong with our defence . If anything its the best we have had in ages , but we still concede and thats cos we need to "defend" as a team . In other words keep the fecking ball , dont let the other team build up attacks or let them pass it around a lot , just dont let them have loads of possession .
We need a midfield general - like Butt - but tougher , and a midfielder with flair - like Emre - but better .

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 170
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 3/1/2008 1:48:17 PM   
pettsy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

What do you think Beno of the Allardyce and Shearer speculation? I for one think a lot of Newcastle fans are living in cloud cuckoo land if they think getting rid of Allardyce after half a season is a good idea. You're closer to a Uefa Cup place than a relegation one and you've suffered a lot of injuries. Ok so you haven't played great football but that's probably not to be expected anyway under Allardyce. Surely your manager should be given a lot more time to sort out the club?

I agree with you 100% Rinc.  No-one I know actually wants to see Allardyce go though.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 171
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 9/1/2008 10:01:54 PM   
Mozza

quote:

ORIGINAL: pettsy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

I agree with you 100% Rinc.  No-one I know actually wants to see Allardyce go though.

Clearly, someone did.  And here was me hoping the reactionary bullshit had left with Shepherd.

(in reply to pettsy)
Post #: 172
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 10/1/2008 9:16:19 AM   
jediwarrior

Well done to Newcastle for once again fu*king it up. Can't believe Alladyce has gone. The board like the old board has panic.

Only giving a manager 20 odd games in charge is a joke. It take time to build a team now Newcastle are back at square one.

If Shearer gets the job it will be Championship football for you.

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 173
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 10/1/2008 9:50:36 AM   
Skiba

Comical decision and I hope Toon fans are happy…did they really expect Newcastle to push for the top 4 in half a season under a new manager? Is 11th and 10 points off of Europe and so many points to play for really that bad a position to be in? The geordie fans obsession with Shearer is laughable…just get over him he was in the past. Do you really think he is going to risk his God-like status by becoming manager and royally cocking it up? Coz that's what'll happen

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 174
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 10/1/2008 10:01:21 AM   
Frank Castle

Its a joke, give the guy a chance nothing happens in the space of 24 games. He started slowly at bolton. it takes time to get what he wants at the club
  Who the hells gonna want the job? There saying redknapp but why the hell would he leave portsmouth for newcastle? He's adored down there and newcastle fans will hate the guy if he doesn't get brazil quality football out of the players. because newcastle are supposed to play this beautiful attacking football . When the hell have newcastle ever played like that?

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 175
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 10/1/2008 10:47:49 AM   
Goodfella

I can see both sides of the Allardyce argument.

I feel sorry for the chap, he hasn't had very long and it's always sad too see a supposed top-class English manager lose his job. On the other hand I can see why Mike Ashley has let him go. Newcastle have been extremely poor so far this season and too be fair Big Sam hasn't had the injuiry crisis that predecessors Roeder & Souness had too deal with (Michael Owen the only prominent figure missing on a regular basis) and the signings he's brought in (Rozenhal, Viduka etc.) have failed to hit the mark and his long-ball style has not been welcomed by the toon army.

It could have been fairer to give him until the end of the transfer window too see if players he could have brought in would have changed the situation but then it would have been worth just waiting until the end of the season before sacking him. I think Ashley has decided that the best avenue to go down is too just get on and do it now.

Interesting too see opinion divided about Alan Shearer while I don't think it really matters as I imagine one Jose Mourinho is on Ashley's mind at the moment.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to Frank Castle)
Post #: 176
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 10/1/2008 10:49:14 AM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

Newcastle are mad, brain mad. Who the hell would want to manage them? Where do Newcastle fans realistically think they should be?

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to Frank Castle)
Post #: 177
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 10/1/2008 10:52:08 AM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella
Jose Mourinho is on Ashley's mind at the moment.

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 178
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 10/1/2008 10:58:54 AM   
Sinatra

Jose at Newcastle.... you're dreaming.

(in reply to Kilo_T_Mortal)
Post #: 179
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 10/1/2008 11:06:04 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

I can see both sides of the Allardyce argument.

I feel sorry for the chap, he hasn't had very long and it's always sad too see a supposed top-class English manager lose his job. On the other hand I can see why Mike Ashley has let him go. Newcastle have been extremely poor so far this season and too be fair Big Sam hasn't had the injuiry crisis that predecessors Roeder & Souness had too deal with (Michael Owen the only prominent figure missing on a regular basis) and the signings he's brought in (Rozenhal, Viduka etc.) have failed to hit the mark and his long-ball style has not been welcomed by the toon army.

You see this is where I can't understand the fans.  Sam gets labeled a long ball merchant and yet this is a manager who signed Gary Speed, Stelios, Campo, Jay Jay, Diouf, Anelka.   I think that label is plain lazy and isn't how Sam plays the game. They do get the ball forward quickly but why would you bypass that midfield I have just listed?  You wouldn't and Bolton didn't.
quote:

It could have been fairer to give him until the end of the transfer window too see if players he could have brought in would have changed the situation but then it would have been worth just waiting until the end of the season before sacking him. I think Ashley has decided that the best avenue to go down is too just get on and do it now.

any manager should be given 18 months to show what he can do.  A sacking this early on is crazy.
quote:

Interesting too see opinion divided about Alan Shearer while I don't think it really matters as I imagine one Jose Mourinho is on Ashley's mind at the moment.

I would assume that Ashely already knows Jose has signed a pre-contract with a much bigger club.  Anyway Ashley has said they will go British which could make it fun.  It could be another big job for Harry to turn down.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI