Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! Page: <<   < prev  57 58 [59] 60 61   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 5/1/2013 6:21:19 PM   
jediwarrior

Don't worry Pardew only on a 8 year contract

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1741
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 11/1/2013 1:13:39 PM   
emogeek

Coloccini has asked to leave for personal reasons:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20985928

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 1742
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 11/1/2013 1:40:34 PM   
Professor Moriarty

He shouldn't take Newcastle doing so badly so personally He's been injured a lot this season.

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 1743
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 11/1/2013 7:51:46 PM   
horribleives

This is all we fucking need...
I can't state this as fact but I heard a couple of seperate (non-football related) rumours about Coloccini a few weeks ago ago which seemed to tie in with a few other developments, both the quotes by his dad last week regarding him returning to Argentina and today's announcement. Could be complete bollocks but there is one definite fact that's presumably being alluded to in the references to 'personal issues' and 'a crisis in his personal life'. It's all a bit of a shame. But either way it's gonna drop us right in the clarts.
In other grim news, it looks like Remi is Arsenal-bound.
Fuck.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 1744
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 11/1/2013 8:03:02 PM   
Olaf

the Marseille chap? He's really not that good, decent enough to be our third-choice striker/utility player in the various wide positions but the mooted 10m is way too much - if he's our big season-saving January signing, we're screwed. As for Newcastle, Coloccini is a big blow but goalscoring won't your main problem when Cisse is returned to the central position. I saw a story earlier this week that Toulouse's Sissoko would be available dirt-cheap (like 6m or something), and would be exactly what you need if Coloccini leaves.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 1745
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 11/1/2013 8:48:53 PM   
horribleives

Aye, we've been linked to him a few times. The problem is we needed to buy an extra centre back (or two) this window not a replacement one. So even if we get Sissoko in, if Colo leaves we're still gonna be woefully thin in that area (of our other two central defenders, one is not quite good enough for the premiership and the other can barely string together half a dozen games without breaking something).
As for Remi, I've only seen him once or twice and I know he's been a bit out of favour at Marseilles this season but frankly, we're desperate at the minute so if teams like Arsenal and Spurs (and a couple of german ones I can't quite remember at the minute) are after him then I'd take him in a shot, not as a Ba replacement but. as you say, to play as a wide man in the 4-3-3 we successfully used in the second half of last season (with the option of playing him centrally if need be) with Cisse back in the middle where he belongs.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 11/1/2013 8:50:08 PM >

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 1746
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 13/1/2013 10:17:17 PM   
horribleives

Looks like we've signed him after all, for 8m. Lovely.
Deathly dull match yesterday and a largely mediocre performance with little attacking flair, though on the plus side we defended well, Debuchy has a killer pass on and we got a point for the first time in four games. Could be worse (and has been many times this season) so onwards and upwards - let's give Reading a howking on saturday.

Post #: 1747
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 15/1/2013 3:39:20 PM   
Olaf

He's apparently completing a medical at QPR now. At least you have an idea of his priorities anyway.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Post #: 1748
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 15/1/2013 3:54:51 PM   
horribleives

Yep. 70-80 grand a week and a get-out clause if they get relegated. Clearly not the type of player I'd want in times of crisis anyway but regardless of the circumstances it still leaves us stuck for another forward (as well as two defenders) with the clock ticking...Apparently Danny Graham has been offered to us but - as an english 27 year old - doesn't fit in with Ashley and co's 'blueprint'. I say the blueprint goes right out the fucking window when you're facing the real prospect of a relegation battle and need experience in your side. For someone who professes to love a gamble he isn't half cautious when it comes to sticking his hand in his pocket. Here's a novel idea, Mike: you gambled with buying virtually no-one in summer, how about trying the opposite this time?

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 1749
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 15/1/2013 4:12:10 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

Darren Bent to Newcastle - you heard it here first.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

Post #: 1750
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 15/1/2013 4:14:07 PM   
Olaf

Graham would be a good signing - even though he doesn't fit the usual Newcastle signing, as you say - not sure why Swansea are keen to get rid of him considering his recent form back in the first team (would be alright if they get Iago Aspas in from Celta Vigo to replace him though). Apparently the Daily Mail are reporting a bid for Siem De Jong now, pinch of salt etc. (would be a good signing if it did happen, mind.)

Given that it's just us in this thread, is this now the default 'pls spend some money [insert your team who needs to spend money here]' page?

Post #: 1751
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 19/1/2013 10:43:33 PM   
directorscut

LOL. Pardew blaming the result on the fans' negativity. His days are numbered.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 1752
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 20/1/2013 1:05:43 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

LOL. Pardew blaming the result on the fans' negativity. His days are numbered.

Just read his comments (after spending the last 8 hours discussing the woeful state of our club in the pub) and he can quite frankly fuck right off with that. In my 30 years of going to the match I've seen and heard plenty of negativity and, other than us being quite rightly dismayed when he took off our three best players one by one, today didn't even come close.
I like Pardew, wouldn't want him to get sacked and (like the majority of fans) would never dream of booing him personally but he can't avoid criticism forever - he dropped an absolute bollock today. I understand Cabaye needed to come off at some point but to hook him and Marveaux (the two most dangerous and creative players on the park by some margin), followed by Anita with such a thin bench was sheer suicide. And to do that while leaving the two obvious weak links - Jonas and Ameobi - on the field to either run into endless blind alleys or simply fall on their arses shows a quite breath-taking tactical ineptitude.
The first half (in which, for the record, Pardew was able to field his strongest starting 11 in some time so he can also fuck right off with his injury excuses - Ben Arfa and Tiote were the only omissions and to be frank we looked twice the side without the latter) yielded - the two aforementioned weak links aside - our best and most assured performance of the season. The final 45, from the first kamikaze substitution onwards, was one of the worst displays I've seen in years.
Cisse played a blinder in the first half, aided by some sublime service from Cabaye, Marveaux and Anita, and it was only some heroic defending and a couple of brilliant saves from the Reading keeper that kept him off the scoresheet. So why on earth would you push him out wide in favour of the ineffectual Shola after the break?
We all know the absolute cretins running the club and their suicidal failure to show any sort of ambition in the summer has spannered our season but when a manager can't even get the best out of the talented players he does have available there's something seriuously wrong. And when the latest go-to excuse is to blame the fans - who've given him and the team nothing but encouragement and support this whole horrific season - you're skating very close to losing us completely.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 20/1/2013 1:37:37 AM >

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 1753
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 22/1/2013 4:30:12 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

So, this loyalty you were on about?

quote:

2. I'm not denying Pardew was no-one's first choice but everyone was supportive of him regardless and got behind him from his first game onwards. He was never once booed or jeered by anyone. People ranting about him on the internet do not represent the majority of fans.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Post #: 1754
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 22/1/2013 5:22:38 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

2. I'm not denying Pardew was no-one's first choice but everyone was supportive of him regardless and got behind him from his first game onwards. He was never once booed or jeered by anyone. People ranting about him on the internet do not represent the majority of fans.

I'm not sure why I should be red-faced about something I wrote weeks ago (which I still stand by anyway - at no point did I say all fans were loyal, I said most were) but what the hell.
Also, It's interesting that you chose to dredge up an old debate after this weekend rather than a fortnight ago when several thousand fans made the long journey to Brighton for a riduclously early kick-off, witnessed the worst performance of the season, got knocked out of the FA Cup, and still applauded the team off the pitch...
And don't believe everything you read in the papers - there was a bit of booing in reaction to three terrible substitutions on saturday but nothing as 'poisonous' as the press (and Pardew) are making out. I'm not denying there will have been a few singling him out for further abuse but they ceratinly weren't loud enough to stand out and it wasn't even close to coming from the majority.

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 1755
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 22/1/2013 9:53:35 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa and Yoan Gouffran in for the Geordies.
Encouraging signings,one more perhaps?

Post #: 1756
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 22/1/2013 11:50:21 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

Sissoko and Haidara as well, fingers crossed.
Only seen two of those but heard positive reports about the others. Frankly, any addition to the squad is good news at the minute. Though if some of these end up, as I suspect, being replacements rather than re-inforcements we're still gonna be woefully thin.
Would've fucking loved to have got Danny Graham.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 22/1/2013 11:53:22 PM >

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 1757
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 23/1/2013 9:50:13 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

quote:

I'm not sure why I should be red-faced about something I wrote weeks ago (which I still stand by anyway - at no point did I say all fans were loyal, I said most were) but what the hell.
Also, It's interesting that you chose to dredge up an old debate after this weekend rather than a fortnight ago when several thousand fans made the long journey to Brighton for a riduclously early kick-off, witnessed the worst performance of the season, got knocked out of the FA Cup, and still applauded the team off the pitch...
And don't believe everything you read in the papers - there was a bit of booing in reaction to three terrible substitutions on saturday but nothing as 'poisonous' as the press (and Pardew) are making out. I'm not denying there will have been a few singling him out for further abuse but they ceratinly weren't loud enough to stand out and it wasn't even close to coming from the majority.

The old debate was about two weeks ago. I didn't realise your idea of loyalty was over sure a short timescale, but it explains your opinion and one I can now totally agree with.
Fans are loyal for about a fortnight.

I'm your huckleberry...

Post #: 1758
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 23/1/2013 9:55:12 AM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

Am I the only one who confuses him with Yoann Gourcuff?

Post #: 1759
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 23/1/2013 12:23:09 PM   
Olaf

Yanga-Mbiwa is an absolute bargain at the price being quoted, big mistake by Arsenal to not go after him - can play in a number of positions well, skillful on the ball, good in the tackle and capable of being a proper dirty scumbag Vieira-style (I totally do not condone the last thing, honest).

Post #: 1760
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 23/1/2013 12:46:35 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

Am I the only one who confuses him with Yoann Gourcuff?

I also initially thought that.
By reports Gourcuff hasn't been all that.Shame,looked like a decent player.

Post #: 1761
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 23/1/2013 1:16:51 PM   
Professor Moriarty

I think Gourcuff's main problem is that he doesn't actually want to be a footballer Which may explain this http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/21/football-transfer-rumours

Post #: 1762
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 23/1/2013 1:42:44 PM   
horribleives

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The old debate was about two weeks ago. I didn't realise your idea of loyalty was over sure a short timescale, but it explains your opinion and one I can now totally agree with.
Fans are loyal for about a fortnight.

I haven't got a clue what you're on about now, mate, though I've noticed, as in the debate two weeks ago, you're still rather adept at ignoring half the points I've made. But seeing as you brought this up: please give me an example of something that's happened with NUFC in the last week or so that backs up your assertion that all fans are disloyal.

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 1763
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 25/1/2013 2:58:05 PM   
CORLEONE

Newcastle have pulled the plug on an outrageous bid to bring Kermit the Frog to Tyneside after the muppet revealed he was in fact an American.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".
Post #: 1764
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 25/1/2013 3:02:55 PM   
Professor Moriarty

If Newcastle are 2 - 0 up (like that ever happens) and they go on to lose 3 - 2 am I allowed still to say they surrendered a lead or is that too xenophobic and stereotyping of their players now.

Also, wouldn't it just be fucking brilliant if they bought every single player in France until just Joey le Barton and Zlatan were left, facing off in some kind of Rollerball type style.

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 1765
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 2/2/2013 11:53:38 AM   
horribleives

For the first time in months I'm actually - whisper it - looking forward to going to the match today. Not that I'm assuming we'll get anything - despite their recent wobbles and even without Hazard Chelsea are still probably too strong for us - but at least I know we'll have a go and there's gonna be some real quality across the team. Now if Pardew can just see fit to slot Marveaux back in for Jonas (the blatant weak link who miraculously lasted 90 minutes against Villa) that'll be pretty much (Ben Arfa aside) our strongest 11 out there today.

Post #: 1766
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 2/2/2013 10:39:22 PM   
directorscut

How dare Ba have the audacity to stick his face into Coloccini's boot and get his nose broken. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

Post #: 1767
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 3/2/2013 12:17:19 AM   
horribleives

quote:

How dare Ba have the audacity to stick his face into Coloccini's boot and get his nose broken. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

And how dare several thousand Newcastle fans have the audacity to applaud him off. I guess Match Of The Day didn't show that.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 3/2/2013 12:35:14 AM >

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 1768
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 8/2/2013 10:16:58 AM   
Beno

quote:

quote:

And how dare several thousand Newcastle fans have the audacity to applaud him off. I guess Match Of The Day didn't show that.

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

Post #: 1769
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 27/2/2013 5:50:44 PM   
Goodfella

How did Rob Elliot fare on his full league debut then? I've seen the goals from your game and the free kick save but not a lot else so I was wondering how you all rate him? He was fantastic for us, came through the academy, worked his way through the reserves, spent some time away on loan getting experience and building himself as a first-team goalkeeper and returned to be one of our most consistent performers during some very frustrating years for the club and the fans on a whole. One of the few players who have come through the club as well as a born and bred Charlton fan and still much loved amongst the fans, delighted to see him getting a start now as a Premiership player.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1770
Page:   <<   < prev  57 58 [59] 60 61   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! Page: <<   < prev  57 58 [59] 60 61   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI