Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! Page: <<   < prev  56 57 [58] 59 60   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 17/12/2012 1:01:18 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Cancelling Christmas parties seems to be all the rage, doesn't it? Apparently Newcastle have decided that if you earn enough every week to buy a small house, but can't manage to win the odd game of football then a glass of bubbly and a chorus of Fairytale of New York isn't for you.

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 1711
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 19/12/2012 7:14:06 PM   
horribleives

Dunno about anyone else but I've frankly had enough of Ba and his arsehole entourage and he can fuck right off in January for all I care.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 1712
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 20/12/2012 1:55:05 PM   
horribleives

Nice trip to the Ukraine in February. I'm sure our black players are looking forward to that...

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 1713
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 30/12/2012 3:19:11 PM   
horribleives

Looks like Debuchy signing's all tied up - 6 months and christ knows how many dropped points too late but what the hell.
Also, it appears that greedy fucker Ba's 'people' are meeting with Chelsea today - they're fucking welcome to him. Seriously, anyone who leaves a struggling club in January wants shot with shit anyway but the manner in which he's been placated and indulged by our gutless manager, and the negative impact this has had on the team makes me think we're better off without him. He's a great player and we'll miss his goals but frankly getting rid and putting Cisse back in the middle where he belongs, with hopeful a couple of other new signings (such as Remi) may just have the galvanising effect we need to salvage the season, and our premiership status for that matter. On the other hand, if it goes tits up for him and he ends up staying I sincerely hope Pardew sticks him on the wing (or even the bench) and tells him to lump it - I'd rather miss out on his goals than carry on molly-coddling a mercenery cunt who doesn't want to be here. Failing that, let's hope he celebrates his Chelsea debut by snapping his dodgy knee aftre five minutes.

Post #: 1714
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 30/12/2012 4:01:01 PM   
belluccisbra

quote:

fucking welcome to him. Seriously, anyone who leaves a struggling club in January wants shot with shit anyway but the manner in which he's been placated and indulged by our gutless manager, and the negative impact this has had on the team makes me think we're better off without him. He's a great player and we'll miss his goals but frankly getting rid and putting Cisse back in the middle where he belongs, with hopeful a couple of other new signings (such as Remi) may just have the galvanising effect we need to salvage the season, and our premiership status for that matter. On the other hand, if it goes tits up for him and he ends up staying I sincerely hope Pardew sticks him on the wing (or even the bench) and tells him to lump it - I'd rather miss out on his goals than carry on molly-coddling a mercenery cunt w

Debuchy is a decent player so hopefully the defence will improve, plenty of time left in the season so alls not lost yet

Exterminate all rational thought

Post #: 1715
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 31/12/2012 12:31:37 AM   
horribleives

Aaaand he's gone. With a 2m 'loyalty' (ha) bonus and an understanding from Chelsea that he will be second choice striker. Let's hope Torres finds his form and starts banging the goals in while that mercenary bullshitter rots on the bench.

(in reply to belluccisbra)
Post #: 1716
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 31/12/2012 11:03:05 AM   
Beno

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

Aaaand he's gone. With a 2m 'loyalty' (ha) bonus and an understanding from Chelsea that he will be second choice striker. Let's hope Torres finds his form and starts banging the goals in while that mercenary bullshitter rots on the bench.

The latest im hearing is that Ba's 'representatives' are saying talks with Chelsea have been unproductive.

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

Post #: 1717
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 31/12/2012 12:01:11 PM   
horribleives

Aye, I was a bit over-zealous with that comment (that's what happens when you fall into the trap of believing tabloid news updates in the wee hours...)
Interesting development anyway - if a club as willing to splash the cash as Chelsea are even put off by the excessive demands of him and his 'people' than I wouldn't be surprised if this all backfires and no-one wants him (the insurance aspect of his dodgy knee may have played a crucial part too). If he's still here on wednesday for the Everton game then Pardew needs to take a leaf put of his current nemesis Fergie's book and tell him in no uncertain terms that we're planning for life without him therefore Cisse plays down the middle - we can't keep placating some mercenary little fucker who in all likelihood won't be here in a few days time.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1718
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 31/12/2012 12:27:39 PM   
Beno

quote:

Aye, I was a bit over-zealous with that comment (that's what happens when you fall into the trap of believing tabloid news updates in the wee hours...)
Interesting development anyway - if a club as willing to splash the cash as Chelsea are even put off by the excessive demands of him and his 'people' than I wouldn't be surprised if this all backfires and no-one wants him (the insurance aspect of his dodgy knee may have played a crucial part too). If he's still here on wednesday for the Everton game then Pardew needs to take a leaf put of his current nemesis Fergie's book and tell him in no uncertain terms that we're planning for life without him therefore Cisse plays down the middle - we can't keep placating some mercenary little fucker who in all likelihood won't be here in a few days time.

Is Ba the mercenary or does he just have ultra greedy 'representatives' intent on trying to get as much money for themselves whilst - of course - getting him the best deal too.
Sky are saying Ba's 'people' are expecting to open talks with other clubs so they are clearly after big penny.

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

Post #: 1719
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 31/12/2012 12:43:08 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

quote:

Is Ba the mercenary or does he just have ultra greedy 'representatives' intent on trying to get as much money for themselves whilst - of course - getting him the best deal too.
Sky are saying Ba's 'people' are expecting to open talks with other clubs so they are clearly after big penny.

A bit of both, I'd say - apparently they'll pocket 2m between them as part of the deal they're looking for too. But if he had an ounce of loyalty this wouldn't be happening anyway - abandoning a team in dire straits (which, despite his 13 goals, he's more than contributed to) in january to join a club where in all likelihood he'll end up on the bench tells you everything you need to know about him. I actually wouldn't have a problem if he left next summer to join a team in the Champions League but to hawk himself round mid-season to seemingly any club willing to pay him 80 grand a week makes a mockery of all the 'ambition' bullshit players usually come out with when engineering a big money move. It's just a shame we're not gonna even have the comfort of making a decent chunk of money out of him.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1720
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 1/1/2013 3:34:02 PM   
Professor Moriarty

I hope no team touches Ba with a barge pole. He's hawked himself and his get out clause around the entire league like some desperate tart and is clearly only interested in making a move to pocket as much cash as he can. Wish every manager in the league would call his bluff.

Post #: 1721
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 2/1/2013 2:04:14 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

I hope no team touches Ba with a barge pole. He's hawked himself and his get out clause around the entire league like some desperate tart and is clearly only interested in making a move to pocket as much cash as he can. Wish every manager in the league would call his bluff.

There's a good chance that could happen - sure, players leaving clubs is part and parcel of the game but plenty of potential managers and team-mates get put off by this sort of disloyalty. Personally I've had enough of him so would rather he left (and I still think he will) but if he does end up staying I hope Pardew grows a pair, stops placating him and puts Cisse back in the middle where he belongs.
Be interesting to see what kind of reception he gets tonight - I would never boo my own player but if he scores I'll politely refrain from clapping.

Post #: 1722
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 2/1/2013 2:33:47 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

Lots of hypocrisy around Ba from Newcastle fans given the circumstances in which your got him in the first place.
Signed for nothing thanks to a clause in his contract, which was leaked by his representatives once West Ham were relegated.

Don't really see how Newcastle fans can give him any stick after scoring 29 goals in 54 games, including being the top scorer this season. Add in the fact that he was only on 30K/week which is a fair bit below the going rate (probably why the clause exists in the first place) and its hard to feel too much sympathy for them.
In reality its a bit pathetic really, you could also add hypocritical and unfair given the actual facts of the matter.
I don't know what else the Newcastle fans honestly expect.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 2/1/2013 2:39:18 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

Post #: 1723
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 2/1/2013 4:50:51 PM   
Rinc

quote:

Why don't you tell us how you really feel?

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

Post #: 1724
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 3/1/2013 12:45:14 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

Lots of hypocrisy around Ba from Newcastle fans given the circumstances in which your got him in the first place.
Signed for nothing thanks to a clause in his contract, which was leaked by his representatives once West Ham were relegated.

He left West Ham after five months - he didn't spend a whole season and an entire summer pledging his allegiance to them while his people were trying their best to sell him to whichever club was willing to pay him 80 grand a week. It would be hypocritical if anyone slagged off Chelsea for having the temerity to buy him, I agree, but I don't know anyone who's done that.

quote:

Don't really see how Newcastle fans can give him any stick after scoring 29 goals in 54 games, including being the top scorer this season. Add in the fact that he was only on 30K/week which is a fair bit below the going rate (probably why the clause exists in the first place) and its hard to feel too much sympathy for them.
In reality its a bit pathetic really, you could also add hypocritical and unfair given the actual facts of the matter.
I don't know what else the Newcastle fans honestly expect.

Like fans of most clubs, they expect someone who's played their part in the club's poor season to accept their culpability and show some loyalty to fans and team-mates by at least sticking around for the whole season and fighting for the cause. Despite scoring 13 goals he's had his fair share of shockers, has disrupted last year's winning team/formation (and effectively nullified our other striker) by refusing to play on the wing, has outright buggered up countless attacks by refusing to pass to the aforementioned team-mate and judging by the wealth of appalling free-kicks and ridiculous goal attempts he's selfishly missed (watch the entire 90 minutes of the recent QPR game if you need proof), has been clearly playing for himself to secure a move to seemingly any club willing to pay him a ridiculous wage for a player who can't even pass a medical. His goals have been valuable, no doubt about it - all the more reason why it galls to find out they've all been in the name of attracting a moneybags buyer rather than for the club and fans he was claiming to love as recently as a few months ago (while also claiming that getting paid more wasn't important to him on numerous occasions).
As I said before, I'd have no problem if he left in summer for the reward of playing for a club with a genuine chance of winning something and/or playing champions league football but to have been engineering a move halfway through a woeful season (which he, like every other member of the squad, has more than contributed to)and to have done it in such a sneaky way is what sticks in the craw. I'm not daft - I know there are very few loyal players left these days and moving for more money is a fact of life, but, while a player wears the shirt, I do expect every man to do his best for the team and accept their share of the responsibility when things go awry.
And he averaged 40-45 grand a week at Newcastle - 25 a week plus another 20 for every appearance which, considering he's barely missed a game is a lot more than 30 grand a week (and he was offered considerably more than that to stay). Though I'd agree with you on one point - the owners have only got themselves to blame for allowing such a fucked up contract to exist in the first place.

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 1725
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 3/1/2013 2:32:12 PM   
horribleives

To put it in much simpler terms - his desire for a mid-season move has had a detrimental effect on the team and he's left when we need him most.
I personally don't think giving him stick for that is pathetic, hypocritical or unfair at all.

Post #: 1726
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 3/1/2013 3:15:10 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

To put it in much simpler terms - his desire for a mid-season move has had a detrimental effect on the team and he's left when we need him most.
I personally don't think giving him stick for that is pathetic, hypocritical or unfair at all.

The club could have/should have removed the clause in the Summer or sold him if they didn't want to potentially lose him in January.
How has his move had a detrimental effect on the team incidentally, as stated previously he's your top scorer so far this season.

He left when you need him most - I don't actually see this as relevant. He's totally stood by his part of his contract, he hasn't broken this in anyway. Unless you think players should show loyalty to a club, a club only too happy to not standby contracts when it suits (ie sacking managers).

You got him from West Ham for nothing thanks to his contract clauses, you are getting 7 Million for him and while with you he's given you a better than 1 goal in 2 game record, and he's your top scorer this season.

To have a go at him for the above is pathetic and unfair, it is also hypocritical given the circumstances in which you signed him.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Post #: 1727
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 3/1/2013 3:20:03 PM   
horribleives

quote:

quote:

The club could have/should have removed the clause in the Summer or sold him if they didn't want to potentially lose him in January.
How has his move had a detrimental effect on the team incidentally, as stated previously he's your top scorer so far this season.

He left when you need him most - I don't actually see this as relevant. He's totally stood by his part of his contract, he hasn't broken this in anyway. Unless you think players should show loyalty to a club, a club only too happy to not standby contracts when it suits (ie sacking managers).

You got him from West Ham for nothing thanks to his contract clauses, you are getting 7 Million for him and while with you he's given you a better than 1 goal in 2 game record, and he's your top scorer this season.

To have a go at him for the above is pathetic and unfair, it is also hypocritical given the circumstances in which you signed him.

I answered that in my previous, slightly more longwinded post.
And I'm talking about loyalty to team-mates, manager and fans, not the owners - that's who I meant by the 'we' in 'when we needed him most'.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 3/1/2013 3:21:11 PM >

Post #: 1728
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 3/1/2013 3:31:03 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

quote:

quote:

And I'm talking about loyalty to team-mates, manager and fans, not the owners - that's who I meant by the 'we' in 'when we needed him most'.

Ah the fans, always known to be loyal to players through thick and thin

What a crock of olde shit.

I'm your huckleberry...

Post #: 1729
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 3/1/2013 3:38:32 PM   
horribleives

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ah the fans, always known to be loyal to players through thick and thin

What a crock of olde shit.

Erm, yes, plenty of us are. One example would be the way Ba's name was constantly chanted throughout every game of the second half of last season when he didn't score for four months.
Considering you don't seem to have much respect for football fans I'm not sure you're well placed to be lecturing one on how they should feel about a player leaving their club.

Post #: 1730
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 3/1/2013 3:40:30 PM   
horribleives

And is showing loyalty to your team-mates and a manager who's placated you in every way a 'crock of olde shit' too?

Post #: 1731
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 4/1/2013 9:59:51 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

Football fans aren't loyal, its a bullshit phrase thrown out there but as soon as things go south the fans are on the backs of players/coaches/owners.
When a player is playing poor they are more than happy to get on their backs, want them sold/dropped.
Where was Newcastle fans loyalty to their manager when Pardew was appointed?
What about the loyalty shown to Big Sam?

Ba has done nothing wrong, and has completed his contract as per the agreement with the club and you are attacking him for this because he is looking to activate a clause your club put in there. He's been loyal by not breaking his contract, I really don't know what additional loyalty you think you should be owed. Again I didn't hear Newcastle fans complaining when you got him for free, in a very similar situation.
He's not refused to play, he's not been disruptive, he just activating a clause in his contract to earn more money elsewhere by going to a top team.

What a wanker!

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 4/1/2013 10:00:40 AM >

I'm your huckleberry...

Post #: 1732
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 4/1/2013 12:39:30 PM   
Beno

quote:

Football fans aren't loyal, its a bullshit phrase thrown out there but as soon as things go south the fans are on the backs of players/coaches/owners.
When a player is playing poor they are more than happy to get on their backs, want them sold/dropped.
Where was Newcastle fans loyalty to their manager when Pardew was appointed?
What about the loyalty shown to Big Sam?

Ba has done nothing wrong, and has completed his contract as per the agreement with the club and you are attacking him for this because he is looking to activate a clause your club put in there. He's been loyal by not breaking his contract, I really don't know what additional loyalty you think you should be owed. Again I didn't hear Newcastle fans complaining when you got him for free, in a very similar situation.
He's not refused to play, he's not been disruptive, he just activating a clause in his contract to earn more money elsewhere by going to a top team.

What a wanker!

Fans are passionate Bob. Passion for the team they love can make fans be this way. You dont see me slagging off Ba cos even though i am passionate re. my team im also level headed and objective and to be honest rarely agree with the 'bandwagon' opinion.

All fans of all teams get like this every once in a while ..... its just the norm! Some are worse than others - the top London clubs fans are ridiculous sometimes in their criticisms - its part of the game.

Ur a Blades fan are'nt you Bob? Ever listen to Praise or Grumble on Radio Sheffield?

*Edit* Debuchy has signed

Post #: 1733
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 4/1/2013 12:56:26 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno
All fans of all teams get like this every once in a while ..... its just the norm! Some are worse than others - the top London clubs fans are ridiculous sometimes in their criticisms - its part of the game.

Doesn't mean that it should be accepted as a sane or worthwhile arguement.

quote:

Ur a Blades fan are'nt you Bob? Ever listen to Praise or Grumble on Radio Sheffield?

One of the funnest (and biased) shows on the radio, and full of complete muppets but the presenters genuinely think its quality.
Its only entertaining for the crap that fans honestly believe, although I admit these days I only tend to listen with then pigs have lost.
As a whole I tend to give Radio Wednesday a miss.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 4/1/2013 1:01:22 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1734
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 4/1/2013 4:26:53 PM   
horribleives

Okay, we've clearly got opposing views on this so it's pointles debating but just for the record:

quote:

1. Football fans aren't loyal, its a bullshit phrase thrown out there but as soon as things go south the fans are on the backs of players/coaches/owners. When a player is playing poor they are more than happy to get on their backs, want them sold/dropped.
3. Where was Newcastle fans loyalty to their manager when Pardew was appointed?
4. What about the loyalty shown to Big Sam?

1. All of them? You must've been to a shitload of games at every ground in the country (to say nothing of your fare share of Newcastle matches) to state this as absolute fact. Some fans do get on players/managers backs, sure (and I'm highly critical of supporters who do) - the majority don't (and I'm talking about people who watch and attend games here, not arseholes mouthing off on Twitter or wherever).

2. I'm not denying Pardew was no-one's first choice but everyone was supportive of him regardless and got behind him from his first game onwards. He was never once booed or jeered by anyone. People ranting about him on the internet do not represent the majority of fans.

3. Big Sam was sacked by an owner who didn't want him and for playing terrible football and losing games. Most of the fans, however, were still behind the team and vocally expressed this so I'm not sure how else we could have helped him to be honest. Anyone booing him was in a minoirity and, as I said above, are the type of fan I have no time for at all.

quote:

1. Ba has done nothing wrong, and has completed his contract as per the agreement with the club and you are attacking him for this because he is looking to activate a clause your club put in there. He's been loyal by not breaking his contract, I really don't know what additional loyalty you think you should be owed.
2. Again I didn't hear Newcastle fans complaining when you got him for free, in a very similar situation.
3. He's not refused to play, he's not been disruptive, he just activating a clause in his contract...
4. ..to earn more money elsewhere by going to a top team.

What a wanker!

1. The clause wasn't put in there by the club, it was agreed to by the club but put in by Ba and his agents. The 'additional loyalty' would have been a commitment to seeing out the whole season, mainly to back up Ba's claims in regular interviews with the local press that he had no desire to leave, wanted to stay and was devoted to the team (meanwhile he and his people were engineering a move to whoever was willing to pay up).
2. I've already responded to that point.
3. He hasn't no, but he's disrupted the team by refusing to play in a certain position and quite blatantly (on several occasions) playing for himself and not his team-mates. I'm assuming you haven't seen every game he's played this season - he may well have scored 13 goals but as I've already stated that doesn't tell the whole story and he's been more than instrumental in some of our bad performances in plenty of games.
4. A top team which he'll be lucky to get into. So much for his claims that he 'just wanted to play football'.

Post #: 1735
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 4/1/2013 4:27:39 PM   
horribleives

Okay, we've clearly got opposing views on this so it's pointles debating but just for the record:

quote:

1. Football fans aren't loyal, its a bullshit phrase thrown out there but as soon as things go south the fans are on the backs of players/coaches/owners. When a player is playing poor they are more than happy to get on their backs, want them sold/dropped.
3. Where was Newcastle fans loyalty to their manager when Pardew was appointed?
4. What about the loyalty shown to Big Sam?

1. All of them? You must've been to a shitload of games at every ground in the country (to say nothing of your fare share of Newcastle matches) to state this as absolute fact. Some fans do get on players/managers backs, sure (and I'm highly critical of supporters who do) - the majority don't (and I'm talking about people who watch and attend games here, not arseholes mouthing off on Twitter or wherever).

2. I'm not denying Pardew was no-one's first choice but everyone was supportive of him regardless and got behind him from his first game onwards. He was never once booed or jeered by anyone. People ranting about him on the internet do not represent the majority of fans.

3. Big Sam was sacked by an owner who didn't want him and for playing terrible football and losing games. Most of the fans, however, were still behind the team and vocally expressed this so I'm not sure how else we could have helped him to be honest. Anyone booing him was in a minoirity and, as I said above, are the type of fan I have no time for at all.

quote:

1. Ba has done nothing wrong, and has completed his contract as per the agreement with the club and you are attacking him for this because he is looking to activate a clause your club put in there. He's been loyal by not breaking his contract, I really don't know what additional loyalty you think you should be owed.
2. Again I didn't hear Newcastle fans complaining when you got him for free, in a very similar situation.
3. He's not refused to play, he's not been disruptive, he just activating a clause in his contract...
4. ..to earn more money elsewhere by going to a top team.

What a wanker!

1. The clause wasn't put in there by the club, it was agreed to by the club but put in by Ba and his agents. The 'additional loyalty' would have been a commitment to seeing out the whole season, mainly to back up Ba's claims in regular interviews with the local press that he had no desire to leave, wanted to stay and was devoted to the team (meanwhile he and his people were engineering a move to whoever was willing to pay up).
2. I've already responded to that point.
3. He hasn't no, but he's disrupted the team by refusing to play in a certain position and quite blatantly (on several occasions) playing for himself and not his team-mates. I'm assuming you haven't seen every game he's played this season - he may well have scored 13 goals but as I've already stated that doesn't tell the whole story and he's been more than instrumental in some of our bad performances in plenty of games.
4. A top team which he'll be lucky to get into. So much for his claims that he 'just wanted to play football'.

Post #: 1736
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 5/1/2013 1:54:15 PM   
Skiba

Brighton have played pretty well, and so have Hove Albion but you've been very poor. Bit of a Busquets there from Lopez to get Shola sent off...rolling around and having a look at the ref to make sure he's gets his second booking.

Have a good time, all the time.

Post #: 1737
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 5/1/2013 3:33:04 PM   
horribleives

Aye that was disgraceful from Lopez but other than that - no complaints. Brighton were better in every area and thoroughly deserved the win. Depressingly inevitable.
Quite simply, this is what happens when you don't have a proper squad - I think Gordon Strachan nailed it when he was on about the fringe players lacking responsibility.
Full marks for the fans making the journey and applauding the team at the end though.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 1738
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 5/1/2013 5:22:16 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Bit of TV scheduling nonsense, wasn't it. A midday kickoff for a game right the other end of the country.

For the neutral, that's the result that makes the 1st Saturday of the NY one of the best dates in the calendar.

Post #: 1739
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 5/1/2013 5:34:15 PM   
Beno

Worst Newcastle team performance in ages today!!

WE NEED A BIGGER SQUAD!

Post #: 1740
Page:   <<   < prev  56 57 [58] 59 60   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! Page: <<   < prev  56 57 [58] 59 60   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI