Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! Page: <<   < prev  55 56 [57] 58 59   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 10/8/2012 1:11:36 PM   
Sleazy

So,... Have you ever seen a mackem in Athens?

Gamertag: Sleazycome

PSN ID: Sleazytoon

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 1681
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 10/8/2012 3:38:36 PM   
horribleives

I had my heart set on Motherwell or Hearts. Never mind.
Very tempted to book a flight (well, once I know what actual date we're playing on) but I might just stick to the home games for now and see how far we get.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 1682
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 20/8/2012 11:39:47 AM   
Gram123

Name: Vernon San Benito Anita
Signed: 16th August 2012
Contract: 5 years
Previous club: AFC Ajax (Netherlands)
Born: Dutch Antilles
Position: Defensive Central Midfielder

Vurn has also played at left back for Ajax, and can also play at right back, but midfield is his preference.

Gram123's Top Songs Project

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 1683
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 28/8/2012 3:54:52 PM   
horribleives

It was 30 years ago today...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyxsV6vqyI4

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 1684
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 30/8/2012 11:10:14 AM   
Beno

Will be great to see the team live on telly tonight. Being in Europe makes it even better. So for its been highlights on TV - i dont have ESPN - and dodgy herky jerky downloads that freeze every few seconds. It will be my first chance to run the rule over Anita, Amalfitano and Bigrimana if they feature.

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

Post #: 1685
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 30/8/2012 12:04:13 PM   
Sleazy

Anita looks decent, so does Amalfitano, havent noticed enough of Bigri yet.

Got a funny feeling we'll make a deadline day signing of Andy Carroll (despite Pardews claims otherwise).

Gamertag: Sleazycome

PSN ID: Sleazytoon

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1686
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 30/8/2012 8:56:52 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Obertan having a good game I feel all funny. I know someone on this thread does rate him, so I may have eat my words soon.

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 30/8/2012 9:00:44 PM >

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 1687
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 31/8/2012 9:47:42 AM   
Beno

So Carroll has gone to the wingeing cockernees. That'll give em one more thing to berate. Although hoofing up the long ball should suit him
Sad to see Ryan Taylor get a bad injury, we'll miss him. There was talk all over the internet that Pardew was going to go cap in hand to Ashley to replace Taylor today ..... we'll see later.

Overall last night we played really well although we could have closed down better in the 2nd half. Regarding Bigrimana he looked ok if not a tad out of his depth by giving the ball away a few times.Re. Obertan he can do this in games and really works hard to quell his doubters and was on fire all pre season so for me id start him against Man Utd at least - who we've got in the next round of the Capital One Cup - cos he would have even more to prove and should do well.

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 1688
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 1/9/2012 12:10:43 AM   
horribleives

...aaaand relax. Just got in after my self-imposed day-long news blackout and nervously went straight to NUFC.com.
I'm still a bit peeved we never got anyone else in (surely with Carroll going elsewhere we could have bumped up our offers for Debuchy and Douglas?) but I'm overjoyed no fucker's left. Gonna be a tough old season though...

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1689
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 7/9/2012 12:48:59 PM   
Beno

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

...aaaand relax. Just got in after my self-imposed day-long news blackout and nervously went straight to NUFC.com.
I'm still a bit peeved we never got anyone else in (surely with Carroll going elsewhere we could have bumped up our offers for Debuchy and Douglas?) but I'm overjoyed no fucker's left. Gonna be a tough old season though...

Debuchy will be in come January transfer window. Its going to happen that one. Myself i would like another Striker too as we lost Best and Lovenkrands.

Post #: 1690
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 7/9/2012 1:34:34 PM   
horribleives

Simpson out for the Everton game and possibly Coloccini too so I sincerely hope Perchinio's cast off his neckbrace by then.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1691
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 7/10/2012 1:10:11 PM   
horribleives

Wonga. Wonga.
Please let this be bollocks.

Post #: 1692
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 7/10/2012 5:32:11 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Harper showing what a good keeper Krul is. (Don't think Cleverly ever meant that).

I know that Newcastle are short of centerbacks and that makes it a tough game, but I expected them to offer more against Utd today.

Post #: 1693
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 21/10/2012 4:01:34 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Thought ye deserved the 3 points today. Unlucky. Just feel like it could be a very stop/start season for Newcastle this year.

Post #: 1694
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 22/10/2012 4:16:41 PM   
galvatron

I'm very biased and thought that Tiote's red was very harsh. What are the neutral's views?

Post #: 1695
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 22/10/2012 4:25:25 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: galvatron

I'm very biased and thought that Tiote's red was very harsh. What are the neutral's views?

First impressions were that it was harsh. Replays seem to suggest that though he had the ball, his control wasn't close enough and with his foot up he caught the opponent on the knee. I think the way referees have looked at similar challenges in the last season or so Pardew is right to accept it. Shame, as you were all over Sunderland who didn't really have much to offer at all and should have taken 3 points from that. The oddity was that out of it all came a free kick to Newcastle.

Coloccini did well to last 80 minutes. If he'd have gone the full game I think even with 10 men you'd have taken the full 3 points.

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 1696
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 22/10/2012 6:58:26 PM   
horribleives

The ref was shite but I don't really blame him for sending Tiote off - from the angle he saw it it looked a lot worse and even though the contact wasn't as bad as it first appeared he still had his foot up and was nowhere near the ball. The fact that it happened after the whistle had gone didn't help either. I was more bemused/pissed off that a clear fould he did see (McClean - I think - hoying his studs into Shola's chest right in front of him) went completely unpunished and we weren't awarded two clear corners and several free-kicks. Still, I'm overjoyed with the performance (both before and after losing Chiek) and hope the lads (Ba, Tiote and Ameobi in particular) aren't too disheartened and carry the momentum and confidence boost of such a great start against the mackems through to Brugge on thursday and (more importantly) West Brom at the weekend. Fingers crossed the season may actually start now (though West Ham, Everton, Swansea and a couple of others losing a few games would help...)
Oh and sunderland were shite and if they don't sign someone who can cross the ball to their talented-yet-rendered-obsolete striker they'll be lucky to score 20 goals this season. Fingers crossed.

Post #: 1697
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 25/10/2012 4:22:35 PM   
Beno

I for one would like to see a certain Mr Xisco start tonight ..... no!! please dont laugh!! ..... im deadly serious. Based on his hatrick recently - albeit in a much lesser game - i feel he may want to try to prove a point. Worth a try methinks. Xisco and Cisse up front for me tonight.

Post #: 1698
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 3/11/2012 5:12:17 PM   
horribleives

A load of results went our way today - as long as West Ham don't win and we get 3 points tomorrow we'll go 6th. Which is easier said than done at Anfield but I'm quietly optimistic

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1699
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 5/11/2012 10:11:44 AM   
Beno

Colo's no coward as Chris Coleman has said which is splashed all over the back of the Mirror. All he did wrong was react too slowly when trying to intercept a pass that Suarez made really quickly.

I hope Toon appeal the red as i feel it could be overturned. I dont even think any contact was made.

Post #: 1700
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 5/11/2012 1:36:41 PM   
gazpop

You sir, are off your noggin! Just cos it was Suarez doesn't mean it wasn't nasty as fuck. Cannot believe it ended a draw. Story of Liverpool's season so far methinks....

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1701
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 5/11/2012 6:32:21 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

Colo's no coward as Chris Coleman has said which is splashed all over the back of the Mirror. All he did wrong was react too slowly when trying to intercept a pass that Suarez made really quickly.

Being too slow is not an excuse. It was still dangerous.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

I hope Toon appeal the red as i feel it could be overturned. I dont even think any contact was made.

Contact doesn't have to be made, which has been shown by plenty of red cards before.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1702
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 6/11/2012 1:13:19 PM   
horribleives

No complaints about the red card from me though Chris Coleman can fuck off with his 'coward's tackle' bollocks. It was poorly timed and he deserved to go but he clearly wasn't trying to hurt him - he even stopped himself from making full contact.
Gutted for Colloccini though - if you're gonna miss three games for fouling Suarez then you should at least make the most of it and actually hurt the cheating little bastard.
Mind, he was on his best behaviour on sunday - he only dived once (after the whistlle had already gone anyway) and other than that weird moment at the end (when he clung on to Taylor after he'd cleared then slipped on his arse before bizarrely whingeing and gesturing to the linesman for a foul) he seemed to actually, like, stick to the rules and play football. Which made a refreshing change.
As for us, we need to start keeping the ball and playing with a bit of urgency in counter attack - watched West Brom last night and they do both those things brilliantly, and at the minute it's gonna be a struggle to get past the likes of them (and Fulham or West Ham for that matter) never mind getting back into the top 5.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 6/11/2012 1:14:03 PM >

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 1703
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 6/11/2012 2:18:56 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

No complaints about the red card from me though Chris Coleman can fuck off with his 'coward's tackle' bollocks. It was poorly timed and he deserved to go but he clearly wasn't trying to hurt him - he even stopped himself from making full contact.
Gutted for Colloccini though - if you're gonna miss three games for fouling Suarez then you should at least make the most of it and actually hurt the cheating little bastard.
Mind, he was on his best behaviour on sunday - he only dived once (after the whistlle had already gone anyway) and other than that weird moment at the end (when he clung on to Taylor after he'd cleared then slipped on his arse before bizarrely whingeing and gesturing to the linesman for a foul) he seemed to actually, like, stick to the rules and play football. Which made a refreshing change.
As for us, we need to start keeping the ball and playing with a bit of urgency in counter attack - watched West Brom last night and they do both those things brilliantly, and at the minute it's gonna be a struggle to get past the likes of them (and Fulham or West Ham for that matter) never mind getting back into the top 5.

I agree with this. Most pundits say if you control the midfield you've got the best chance of winning matches. I think last season Newcastle were underdogs and they overachieved. Expecting them to do better this season is asking a lot as everyone knows they are a good team, but if Pardew is to succeed this is what he's got to deliver. If it makes any sense, I think Newcastle have to try twice as hard this season to do as well as they did last.

Maybe their best result last season was the 3-0 against Utd. I'm not going to say that Newcastle were a long ball team in that game, but they were certainly physical, pressing Utd hard then looking to quickly play the ball to Ameobi. Getting physical with the Utd midfield missing Fletcher really worked last season (see Fellaini for Everton). In the game against Utd this season Ferguson played the diamond, flooded the middle of the park and Newcastle got very little ball and got quite comprehesively beaten.

From the bits I've seen they just feel like they are playing a bit inside themselves. Maybe the European matches are tiring the team out so they seem to give 90% rather than a 100% in some matches Still like them and hope they can keep their main players in the January window.

Post #: 1704
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 12/11/2012 10:18:09 AM   
Beno

Well that was bad! Any loss at home to anyone is bad enough but for a former player to score the winner cuts a tad deeper.

We had enough chances to win and am still not sure if one effort crossed the line or not but we need to have more possesion in home games.

Post #: 1705
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 28/11/2012 5:15:29 PM   
Beno

Just got to get some points on the board at Stoke tonight.

Same fixture last season was of course the Demba Ba show but even a draw will suit me tonight.

Stoke have a great record at home recently and this cant last forever so hopefully 3 points are waiting.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1706
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 28/11/2012 6:18:03 PM   
directorscut

Would be absolutely hilarious if Newcastle were relegated having just given Pardew an eight year contract.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1707
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 3/12/2012 8:38:52 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Not watching the game tonight, but am wondering if Demba Ba getting a brace when he's negotiating a new contract is coincidence.

Pleased to see Newcastle performing better. I think they've struggled with injuries and having expectations this season. Lots of leaping on Pardew, but I think they can build something interesting there in the next few years.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 1708
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 3/12/2012 9:07:10 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

Not watching the game tonight, but am wondering if Demba Ba getting a brace when he's negotiating a new contract is coincidence.

Pleased to see Newcastle performing better. I think they've struggled with injuries and having expectations this season. Lots of leaping on Pardew, but I think they can build something interesting there in the next few years.

A penalty and a tap in from 6 yards, you'd be a lousy striker not to have scored them. Harsh on Wigan I think, a pen and red card that early in the game pretty much killed it off as a contest. Which is a shame, because they started the better team.

Post #: 1709
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 5/12/2012 1:25:18 AM   
galvatron

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 1710
Page:   <<   < prev  55 56 [57] 58 59   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! Page: <<   < prev  55 56 [57] 58 59   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI