Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! Page: <<   < prev  54 55 [56] 57 58   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 23/4/2012 2:56:40 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: jediwarrior

Well I really hope you get 4th from Spurs. I'm not sure how the media will cope not seeing loveable arry Spurs going from title contenders to 5th place in a space of a few months.

I must admit that's an added incentive.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 1651
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 30/4/2012 12:42:21 PM   
Gram123

Oopses for Saturday...

What do people reckon our finishing spot will be, then?
Chelsea away on Wed, Man City at home on Sunday and Everton away a week later. Not the easiest set of matches to finish....

Gram123's Top Songs Project

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 1652
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 30/4/2012 11:09:14 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gram123

Oopses for Saturday...

What do people reckon our finishing spot will be, then?
Chelsea away on Wed, Man City at home on Sunday and Everton away a week later. Not the easiest set of matches to finish....

Fuck knows. Was hoping United would win tonight so City would be virtually out of it and hence their heads might've dropped by sunday but they've got it all to play for now. I'm hoping the setback against Wigan might give us the catalyst to go for it but anything could happen now. I'm stilll (somewhat guardedly) predicting 4th...

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 1653
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 2/5/2012 10:37:29 PM   
galvatron

Cisse, is a total legend. WHAT A GOAL. The pub went mental when that went in.

Post #: 1654
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 3/5/2012 8:56:56 AM   
Sleazy

aye it did where I was too (LYH)

Cant believe Ballotelli is calling it "lucky"

Gamertag: Sleazycome

PSN ID: Sleazytoon

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 1655
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 3/5/2012 11:00:11 AM   
Professor Moriarty

Who do you think Newcastle will sell in the summer? I think the good thing is that by positioning themselves at the top of the league their players should only be looking at the top teams to move to (rather than if they'd finished mid-table a nice bit of cash from Villa or Sunderland might have appealed).

Ba is the obvious one if the rumours about his minimum release clause are true, plus is he 100% happy being pushed out wide and out of the limelight while Cisse grabs all the goals? Seems ironic as I figured at first his countryman was brought in to keep him happy.

I find it hard not to see a few clubs interested in Cabaye (and I'd include Utd in that).

Ben Arfa I could see as a Spurs target if Bale moves on. Not sure if anyone else would be so interested he seems a bit of a mercurial talent who can really turn it on, but sometimes just isn't quite there.

Krul could also attract some interest, Chelsea for instance should be in the market for a new goalkeeper.

Its an interesting position I think for Newcastle. As even qualification for Europe may be a double-edged sword. If they finish top 4 (and Chelsea don't win the CL) they will be favourites to go out in the first round. And the Europa league I think many clubs see as a poison chalice, a trawl across the wide expanses of Europe on a Thursday night, getting tired before the next game.

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 1656
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 3/5/2012 1:06:01 PM   
horribleives

I genuinely think unless someone offers silly Andy Carroll money for Tiote or Ba we'll keep everyone.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 1657
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 3/5/2012 1:08:23 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

I genuinely think unless someone offers silly Andy Carroll money for Tiote or Ba we'll keep everyone.

That really depends on what his release clause is, doesn't it?

Post #: 1658
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 3/5/2012 4:52:45 PM   
galvatron

If we get 4th I think everyone will stay. If we're 5th or 6th we might lose a few if the money offered is crazy.

But, if you think last season Cabaye was a key player for Lille (might even have been their skipper) but he wanted to move here instead of play in the Champions League with Lille, so he clearly believes in our club.

For Krul, I think he'll stay as he just signed a new 5 year deal. Also, Chelsea have Courtois on their books who is on loan at Athletico, so have no need for a new keeper.

We're gonna need a few new players in for Europe :)

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1659
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 3/5/2012 10:30:30 PM   
Skiba

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

That really depends on what his release clause is, doesn't it?

Release causes are a real misnomer though...Cisse's is apparently £15m (Ba's a fair bit less than that), and all that means is that Newcastle have to allow the club that has offered that amount to speak to the player/agent. It doesn't mean that they have to sell at that price.

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 1660
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 8/5/2012 8:38:41 AM   
Beno

I was very proud of the way we played against City but their extra bit of class was the difference although we were'nt that far behind them in the actual 'class' stakes. If you consider how much their team cost in comparison to ours then we can hold our heads very high.
So very proud also that we are back in Europe regardless of where we finish.

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 1661
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 8/5/2012 12:36:34 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

I was very proud of the way we played against City but their extra bit of class was the difference although we were'nt that far behind them in the actual 'class' stakes. If you consider how much their team cost in comparison to ours then we can hold our heads very high.
So very proud also that we are back in Europe regardless of where we finish.

Me too, though to paraphrase a former manager, I'd fucking love it if we finished above that loud-mouthed cockney chancer Redknapp.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1662
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 25/5/2012 2:25:11 PM   
Gram123

Our first signing of the summer:

Name: Romain Amalfitano
Signed: 23rd May 2012. Will join NUFC when current contract officially expires on 1st July 2012
Contract: (Unconfirmed)
Previous club: Stade de Reims (France)
Nationality: French
Position: Right / Central Midfield

Helped Reims win promotion from Ligue 2 to Ligue 1, scoring 10 goals in 68 appearances.

More Frenchies!

Post #: 1663
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 25/5/2012 3:27:49 PM   
directorscut

So when is your team officially relocating to France?

< Message edited by directorscut -- 25/5/2012 3:28:16 PM >

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 1664
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 25/5/2012 3:29:52 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

So when is your team officially relocating to France?

I can't wait till Newcastle's first lunchtime kick off, half the team will be asleep. Lazy bastards.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 1665
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 25/5/2012 3:35:11 PM   
Olaf

Alain Pardieu.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 1666
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 25/5/2012 3:39:03 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Surely it's only a matter of time before the rebranding to Le Club De Football Château Neuf.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 1667
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 25/5/2012 3:48:48 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

Surely it's only a matter of time before the rebranding to Le Club De Football Château Neuf.

Playing at the Sports Direct Arène

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 1668
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 1/6/2012 7:24:21 PM   
horribleives

If we add Debuchy to that little list I'll be more than happy.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 1669
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 17/6/2012 3:36:43 PM   
horribleives

My mate's just won the shorts Ryan Taylor was wearing when he scored that screamer against the mackems last season. Oh and Shola's from the home fixture too. 140-odd quid for the lot. Bargain. I sincerely hope they haven't been washed.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 17/6/2012 3:37:52 PM >

Post #: 1670
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 18/6/2012 12:51:50 PM   
Sleazy

Brilliant, was that from eBay?

I need to get in touch with one of my contacts to get a signed shirt from the squad for a charity event next month. You should come along and bid on it - I think last years only went for about £80. The signed San Jose Sharks jersey went for more.

Gamertag: Sleazycome

PSN ID: Sleazytoon

Post #: 1671
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 18/6/2012 6:26:21 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sleazy

Brilliant, was that from eBay?

I need to get in touch with one of my contacts to get a signed shirt from the squad for a charity event next month. You should come along and bid on it - I think last years only went for about £80. The signed San Jose Sharks jersey went for more.

Not sure, he just sent me a deliriously ecstatic text saying he'd won it.
Let me know when and where the charity thing is. Cheers.
See we're kicking of next season with Spurs and Chelsea back to back - a tad too early to call them six pointers but starting the season with a couple of wins against those two would be a huge morale boost.
But here's me getting carried away. Let's just wait and see which players we've got left first...

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 1672
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 29/6/2012 1:50:04 PM   
horribleives

Don't want to be too presumptious, but according to nufc.com it's looking like the Debuchy and De Jong deals are close to getting tied up. If we could also land Douglas and perhaps another midfielder I'd be quite happy.

Post #: 1673
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 3/7/2012 11:17:03 AM   
Gram123

Exits so far:

- Danny Guthrie
> released by NUFC > signed for Reading
- Peter Lovenkrands > released by NUFC > free agent
- Alan Smith > released by NUFC > free agent
- Leon Best > Sold to Blackburn for "more than £3m"
- Fraser Forster > On his way to Celtic for £2m

Nothing as worrying there as the departures in the last couple of seasons, and that turned out alright! Smiffy and Lovenkrands are probably heading toward the end of their careers and as they no longer had enough pace, they were only gonna remain on the subs bench at best. Although Leon Best did a job for us at times (6 goals in 10 starts in early 2011) in general, he wasn't a consistent enough goalscorer.

I think Guthrie had potential, but there were too many players ahead of him in the midfield pecking order, and all reports say Forster was a really good prospect, but having played as first choice keeper for two full seasons whilst on loan with Celtic, I can't say I blame him for not coming back and being 3rd or 4th choice at Toon.

That said, Harper may well end up leaving during the summer, leaving us with just Krul and Rob Elliot, so we could do with another keeper. From what I've read, though, our priorities are defenders, with Danny Simpson identified as a likely departure, and an additional striker, especially as Best and Lovenkrands have gone, and Demba Ba and Nile Ranger could follow.

Replacement defenders, then - some rumours saying we've already agreed a fee for with Twente for Douglas. Also touted - Mathieu Debuchy, Jan Vertonghen, Vurnon Anita.

Repalcement strikers - we may be priced out of a move for Luuk de Jong. Dame N'Doye and Ola Toivonen have also been mentioned as possibles.

Post #: 1674
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 3/7/2012 8:06:48 PM   
horribleives

I'm still pretty confident we'll get Debuchy and at least one of the two from Twente (Douglas now looking the favourite as, like you say, they seem determined to get another million or two for De Jong). If these come off I reckon Anita would also be a solid, relatively easy buy and I've a hunch from what I've read that we might try again for Mark Davies from Bolton. Added to my still-held belief that Ba is the only player likely to leave (with Tiote an outside bet if Chelsea or City offer silly Andy Carroll-money) and I reckon that'd be a pretty productive/not-too-painful summer (I really shouldn't put shit like this in print, it's bound to bite me on the arse) We'll see.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 3/7/2012 8:07:45 PM >

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 1675
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 22/7/2012 12:16:20 AM   
Sutty

I'm a city fan but have always had a soft spot for NUFC (have even been to a couple of games). I fancy if they make a couple or three astute signings they could have another good season.

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

Post #: 1676
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 22/7/2012 1:50:52 PM   
horribleives

I've a feeling the Douglas deal isn't going to happen now. Twente seem willing to accept the offer but it would appear the player can't make his mind up if he wants to leave or not and the fact that the needs to stay in Holland til the end of August to be eligible to play for the national team is a bit of a sticking point. Shame, as he looks a solid player and we need another centre back but frankly we could do without a ditherer. Debuchy, on the other hand, I'm confident will arrive and all reports seem to suggest the deal's all but done, the only delay being Lille insisisting on finding a replacement before they sell him.
Overjoyed to hear Ba and Tiote pledge their allegiance and say they've no intention of going anywhere but I still worry it'll be out of their hands if a massive offer comes in. Having said that, Llambias has gone on record saying any departures will ultimately come down to the player's decision and I'm slowly starting to actually trust our chairman and, gulp, believe what he says so I'm gonna re-iterate my previous point and state cautiously that I still believe no-one will leave. For now.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 1677
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 6/8/2012 2:02:38 PM   
Beno

So the Debuchy deal seems dead although i still feel we can get him as he wants to come.
Toulalan would be great and we appear to have made an offer.

Plenty of time to get quality in yet although some Geordies are doom mongering ..... yet again!!

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

Post #: 1678
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 7/8/2012 3:17:09 PM   
Gram123

Might as well post our recently signed young uns:

Name: Gael Bigirimana
Signed: 6th July 2012
Contract: 5 years
Previous club: Coventry City
Nationality: Burundian
Position: Defensive Central Midfielder

French is one of the 2 official languages of Burundi, so presumably another French-speaker.

---

Name: Curtis Good
Signed: 25th July 2012
Contract: 6 years
Previous club: Melbourne Heart (Australia)
Nationality: Australian
Position: Centre Back

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 1679
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 7/8/2012 7:44:12 PM   
horribleives

Haven't seen Good yet but I like the look of Amalfitano and Bigirimana from what I've seen of them pre-season - the former definitely has a touch of Cabaye about him (apparently Alan Carr was gobsmacked that he was only playing in the french second division) and for a young lad Bigi looks a fucking powerhouse (with a killer pass to boot). The story of how he ended up on Coventry's books bodes well too: As an 11 year old he wandered along to the training ground and insisted they give him a trial. After telling him to politely sling his hook several times his persistance paid off and they give him a chance only to see him play virtually the entire youth team off the park in his first training session. And he has awesome hair too.

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 1680
Page:   <<   < prev  54 55 [56] 57 58   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! Page: <<   < prev  54 55 [56] 57 58   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI