Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. Page: <<   < prev  53 54 [55] 56 57   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 18/1/2012 1:02:13 PM   
Gram123

Name: Papiss Demba Cissť
Signed: 17th January 2012
Contract: 5.5 yrs
Previous club: Freiberg (Germany)
Nationality: Senegalese
Position: Centre Forward

I think (hope) he'll do well for us, especially as he's an international team mate of Ba (and yet another French speaker). That he's in the Senegal national team means he'll not make his debut for us for a month, til after the African Nations cup, like.

2011-12 season = scored 9 in 17 appearances for Freiburg in the Bundesliga
2010-11 season = scored 22 in 32 for Freiburg in the Bubdesliga, plus 2 in 2 in the German Cup
2009-10 season = scored 6 in 13 for Freiburg in the Bundesliga and 7 in 13 for Metz in French Ligue 2
2008-09 season = scored 15 in 33 for Metz

So he's been averaging more than a goal every 2 games.
Here's a compilation clip of him scoring some of them! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRqhIdZiklk

< Message edited by Gram123 -- 18/1/2012 1:04:47 PM >

Gram123's Top Songs Project

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 1621
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 18/1/2012 3:59:22 PM   
horribleives

Brilliant headline on NUFC.com;

Papiss: Got A Brand New Mag.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 1622
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 1/2/2012 6:21:45 PM   
Beno

Heres hoping we will be victorious against the bogey team tonight. If Ameobi plays he needs to put in a shift thats for sure.

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 1623
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 1/2/2012 7:18:08 PM   
galvatron

Shola always puts in a shift. His falling down routine is the best around; he's constantly horizontal! 

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1624
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 5/2/2012 8:05:44 PM   
Beno

A pictorial description of how i felt when Cisse scored.

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 1625
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 25/2/2012 12:55:46 PM   
horribleives

Nice pic of Pardew, Cabaye, Krul and Tiote done up as The A-Team in The Mirror today.
Though rather than Face, I'd have had Wor Yohan dressed as Amy, that bit of skirt they used to knock around with.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1626
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 26/2/2012 11:22:37 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

Nice pic of Pardew, Cabaye, Krul and Tiote done up as The A-Team in The Mirror today.
Though rather than Face, I'd have had Wor Yohan dressed as Amy, that bit of skirt they used to knock around with.

Which is ironic as he fucking played like her yesterday.
Mind, as terrible as our performance was, it was nowt compared to the referee's - he was an absolute disgrace in the second half.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 26/2/2012 11:23:01 AM >

Post #: 1627
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 29/2/2012 8:01:15 PM   
horribleives

Ben Arfa in the Chronicle today when asked if he'd ever visited sunderland:
'I have not. Perhaps it's because there's nothing there?'
Good lad.

Post #: 1628
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 1/3/2012 11:24:45 AM   
Gram123

Post #: 1629
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 3/3/2012 10:33:54 AM   
horribleives

Krul and Colo just signed new deals. Lovely.

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 1630
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 3/3/2012 3:24:13 PM   
Beno

quote:

Krul and Colo just signed new deals. Lovely.

Simpson to follow soon i hope.

Post #: 1631
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 4/3/2012 7:27:32 PM   
Beno

SHOLA!

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1632
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 6/3/2012 5:55:12 PM   
Goodfella

So what is the general feeling towards Mike Ashley in the Toon these days?

Reason I ask is for all their critics, Tony Jiminez has been wonderful for us as a new owner as he closes in on 18 months at the club. He's brought a fantastic chairman, attracted new financial backing from outside contributors, supported the manager wholeheartedly in the transfer window, brought new jobs to the club, introduced the £5 matchdays that have paid off with our first sell-out crowds since the premiership days and so far it's all paying off. I don't have a bad word to say about him, both himself and Michael Slater took a few choice words from some fans (not myself included might I add, I wanted him out long before they arrived) when they sacked Parkinson within 72 hours of taking control of the club but it's looked the right move in the end. I'm very happy he's head of the Charlton family now.

What about your views?

< Message edited by Goodfella -- 6/3/2012 5:56:55 PM >

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1633
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 8/3/2012 12:41:08 PM   
Gram123

I dunno about the "general feeling", but my own feelings on Ashley are pretty much the same as they have been for the past 4 or 5 years.
He's done some positive things for us, like clearing the debt and funding transfers, albeit with not quite as much $$ as we were sometimes promised. He's done some things that seemed mental or frugal or backward at the time, but fortunately turned out positive in the end, such as giving Hughton a go as manager (frugal), and later dropping him (backward) and giving Pards the job (mental), as well as failing to keep hold of the likes of Milner, Given, Carroll, Nolan, Enrique and Barton. And he's done some things that were out and out negative, or else betrayed the fact that he hadn't a fucking clue what he was doing, from swapping Allardyce for Keegan (Allardyce should have gone, Keegan shouldn't have been his replacement), employing Wise, then undermining Keegan by giving contracts to players like Xisco against his wishes, employing Kinnear, signings like Sol Campbell, a series of acts that had a knock-on effect and are largely to blame for our relegation in 2009, right up to changing the name of the stadium.

So... I don't hate the fella, and I don't (have never) refer to him and Llambias the Cockney Mafia, though I do find Llambias a bit of a snake at times, and it's perhaps a shame that he replaced Chris Mort, who seemed to forge a more positive link between fans and owner. I don't pin the blame for all the ills of the last few seasons on Ashley, and neither do I give him all the credit for our successes, particularly not the fostering of a team spirit that helped us finish the 2009-10 season as Championship winners, or Pard's odd yet seemingly quite successful policy of buying French, and the resultant form we've shown this season.

As with anyone, I guess, it's more complex than saying a person's a hero or a twat. I've been angry with some of his decisions and bemused at others (Solero shirts?!). I've felt kinda sorry for him when he was almost forced out by the fans (whipped up into a frenzy by the tabloids, lest we forget) and said he regretted buying the club, thought him a bit of a dick when he was photographed stripping off in a Chinese, and felt optimistic when he withdrew the club from sale, took a deep breath and announced a raft of positive plans to turn things around, a number of which have since come to fruition (including clearing the company debt, and, rather less positively, re-branding St James').

I said back in 2008, in response to generalised accusations of Newcastle fans having unrealistic expectations:
quote:

From my own p.o.v., I wanted the club to get a couple more half decent players during the transfer window, to give some much needed depth to the squad, but in fact more players left than arrived. So they failed on that count. They failed to fill the positions where we needed players most.

Whilst our squad is still not bulging with an excess of talent, it's at least in better shape than it was back then.

quote:

I'd also like to see a year-on-year improvement in our final league position, mainly through improved defensive play - since I've watched Newcastle, they've always tended to have a pretty decent attack, but have also had a leaky defence.

Well, we rollercoasted here, didn't we? Finishing 12th in 2008, relegated in 2009, top of the Championship in 2010, back to 12th in the Prem in 2011 (i.e. back where we started!) and hopefully looking on course to finish 7th or better this term and get into Europe. So it ain't been a year-on-year improvement, but we seem like we're finally making headway and our defence has certainly improved. And you know, that season in the Championship was strangely quite fun. Leavers aside, I think it helped strengthen the squad spirit and boosted morale, cos, well, we fucking won all the time, didn't we?! And the subsequent season was pleasing enough, as we confounded those "straight back down" naysayers by finishing mid-table.

quote:

I don't think I'm unusual amongst Newcastle fans - yes, of course, buying the greatest players in the world and winning something (anything!) would be marvellous. But the realist in me just wants to see progress, stability, a decent team who don't fall apart when a couple of first-teamers are injured, and a positive goal difference at the end of the season.

And again, here, it looks like we're finally on course. Ergo, I'm fairly happy with my club right now after an ugly patch, and ergo for his part in getting us from A to B (via X and F%?# and Sh*&!), I can be neither too blindly hateful nor too reverent toward the owner.

< Message edited by Gram123 -- 8/3/2012 12:46:29 PM >

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 1634
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 9/3/2012 11:28:27 AM   
horribleives

Great post, pretty much sums up my feelings.
I still don't entirely trust them but even since the beginning of this season I've mellowed a bit - partly due to the glow of good results but mainly because I genuinely believe, for all the dumb and sometimes callous decisions made in the past, they now actually want to take the club forward and allow the manager to build a squad, something (with all the sales and cut-price buys) I've never felt at all in the past.
Add to that the sterling scouting work from Graham Carr and co. and a well-run, flourishing youth policy, it seems that, behind the scenes at least, the footballing side of Ashley's re-building programme (ie, the important bit) is in rude health. The next step is for him to prove his ambitions by providing money to bolster our still-thin first team squad with talent on par with the best we already have. We'll see.

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 1635
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 31/3/2012 10:41:03 PM   
Beno

Hope Tiote and Ryan Taylor are back for Liverpool on Sunday and that Tiote is in 'big game' mood like he was against Man Utd.

Post #: 1636
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 1/4/2012 3:29:33 PM   
galvatron

Great result for us today. Perch has been class in defence. I don't know why he was playing midfield last season in defence he looks really good. Papiss is already a legend, cracking striker. 

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1637
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 1/4/2012 7:53:33 PM   
horribleives

Awesome result and a fantastic atmosphere today. It's always great to beat Liverpool but this time it was especially sweet with Carrol, Enrique, Dalglish and Suarez in tow.
Some of our passing was a joy to watch today, though I'll admit that Liverpool playing even worse than they did against Wigan helped. My only regret is we didn't put one past the reds' stand-in keeper.

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 1638
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 2/4/2012 4:45:37 PM   
horribleives

Check out this cheeky little smile:

http://newcastleunitedblog.tumblr.com/post/20304304194

And I thought I couldn't possibly love him any more.

Post #: 1639
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 5/4/2012 5:16:34 PM   
Beno

quote:

Check out this cheeky little smile:

http://newcastleunitedblog.tumblr.com/post/20304304194

And I thought I couldn't possibly love him any more.

Thats great

on telly again Good Friday

Post #: 1640
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 6/4/2012 6:43:00 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/papiss-demba-cisse-2-newcastle-v-swansea/

Great goal.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1641
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 6/4/2012 7:01:46 PM   
steelydan3

Nice to see Cisse get a couple more and nice to keep a clean sheet. Couple of unflattering things were said about us if anybody was watching the game on Sky-Chris Coleman said we play with no imagination-bit harsh isn't it? It was part of a bigger comment, that we do put the ball in the net regardless, but even so? Then Rob Lee said, we have no big stars in our defence-okay, maybe not big names (but then how many clubs have a star in every position at the back) but our defence hasn't been too bad this season.

"I've had a bellyful of you and your cheap heroics"

"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!"

"The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success"

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 1642
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 6/4/2012 10:15:46 PM   
Sutty

Papis Cisse looks like the No. 9 Newcastle have been looking for since the great Alan Shearer. Hoping they can deliver some european football to St James Park (sorry, the Sports Direct Arena. Ugh!).

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to steelydan3)
Post #: 1643
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 7/4/2012 11:29:17 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: steelydan3

Nice to see Cisse get a couple more and nice to keep a clean sheet. Couple of unflattering things were said about us if anybody was watching the game on Sky-Chris Coleman said we play with no imagination-bit harsh isn't it? It was part of a bigger comment, that we do put the ball in the net regardless, but even so? Then Rob Lee said, we have no big stars in our defence-okay, maybe not big names (but then how many clubs have a star in every position at the back) but our defence hasn't been too bad this season.

Fuck me some pundits talk out of their arses.
Swansea yesterday wasn't a great perfromance but Coleman can't have watched us much if he thinks that - we played some sublime stuff against West Brom and Liverpool recently, and have done throughout the season.
And as for Rob Lee - erm, does he realise Coloccini and Steven Taylor are injured? The former was coveted by Man U, Chelsea and Spurs, the latter was being talked of for an England call-up before his injury, during which time the pair of them presided over the best defence in the league. Not sure what he classes as 'stars' but they'll do me, (and if he was on about the likes of Perch and Williamson who've been filling in well they've only conceded once in four games so that'll do nicely too).
Anyway, overjoyed with Cisse, can't stop smiling thinking about that second goal.

(in reply to steelydan3)
Post #: 1644
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 9/4/2012 9:10:34 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

quote:

Swansea yesterday wasn't a great perfromance but Coleman can't have watched us much if he thinks that - we played some sublime stuff against West Brom and Liverpool recently, and have done throughout the season.
And as for Rob Lee - erm, does he realise Coloccini and Steven Taylor are injured? The former was coveted by Man U, Chelsea and Spurs, the latter was being talked of for an England call-up before his injury, during which time the pair of them presided over the best defence in the league. Not sure what he classes as 'stars' but they'll do me, (and if he was on about the likes of Perch and Williamson who've been filling in well they've only conceded once in four games so that'll do nicely too).
Anyway, overjoyed with Cisse, can't stop smiling thinking about that second goal.

I don't really see why any pundit would be trying to detract from Newcastle's success this season unless they have some axe to grind against the club. They've had a fantastic season.

I just hope that the club don't get plundered in the summer. I know that sounds odd as last year they lost Carroll, Enrique, Barton and Nolan and immediately became relegation candidates, but I'd really like to see them keep this core squad for at least another season.

Post #: 1645
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 12/4/2012 9:24:05 PM   
Super Hans

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

quote:

I don't really see why any pundit would be trying to detract from Newcastle's success this season unless they have some axe to grind against the club. They've had a fantastic season.

I just hope that the club don't get plundered in the summer. I know that sounds odd as last year they lost Carroll, Enrique, Barton and Nolan and immediately became relegation candidates, but I'd really like to see them keep this core squad for at least another season.

I quite liked this article from Alan Hansen about Newcastle's success this season http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17664400.

While I'm not the most ardent follower of football, after 2 and a half years of being Monday morning counsellor to my Newcastle based (and die hard toon supporter) manager through two torturous PL seasons, a heartbreaking relegation and a triumphant Championship season, I don't think I could bring myself to support any other team. I personally don't think many could begrudge Newcastle the success they've had this season.

Considering they statred the season after losing at least two big guns from the one before and a manager who'd managed to keep them up again when many might have predicted they'd struggle to do so, to now be contenders for a place in the Champions league is fantastic. And all that without having filthy, filthy rich foreign oweners with an open chequebook, buying £30m+ players like billy-o.

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 1646
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 19/4/2012 4:02:49 PM   
Beno

Ba to get back to scoring again against Stoke this weekend??

What are the odds??

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 1647
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 19/4/2012 4:55:46 PM   
horribleives

I've backed him as first scorer for the last three games so I'm gonna have to do so again on saturday. He was 6/1 for the Bolton match so I should still get a decent price.
From a footballing point of view though, I'd like to see him end his mini-slump and start scoring again in the run-in 'cos we're gonna be needing goal threats from everywhere - not just Cisse - to win the last five games. I reckon all it'll take is one and he'll be on fire again.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1648
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 22/4/2012 4:06:20 PM   
horribleives

Just watched last night's Match Of The Day - enjoyed Alistair Mann and Shearer virtually stroking themselves over Cabaye, especially the latter saying he 'caressed' the ball into the net.

Post #: 1649
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 23/4/2012 2:50:07 PM   
jediwarrior

Well I really hope you get 4th from Spurs. I'm not sure how the media will cope not seeing loveable arry Spurs going from title contenders to 5th place in a space of a few months.

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

Post #: 1650
Page:   <<   < prev  53 54 [55] 56 57   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. Page: <<   < prev  53 54 [55] 56 57   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI