Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Newcastle United ... Ba .... humbug??

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Newcastle United ... Ba .... humbug?? Page: <<   < prev  52 53 [54] 55 56   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Newcastle United ... Ba .... humbug?? - 10/11/2011 9:26:05 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

It will all depend on where the additional money goes.

If the London Mafia throw 20 Million into the budget for new players in January this will all be forgotten about, until you start losing a few games of course. So they'd better get it into the press before the next couple of league games

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1591
RE: Newcastle United ... Ba .... humbug?? - 10/11/2011 10:22:38 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

It will all depend on where the additional money goes.
If the London Mafia throw 20 Million into the budget for new players in January this will all be forgotten about, until you start losing a few games of course. So they'd better get it into the press before the next couple of league games

It won't be.
Pardew may have proved us wrong but the team's good form hasn't done anything to dampen my absolute loathing of Ashley and Llambias, and this annoying but not particularly surprising news has simply added to it.
The prospect of us finishing in the top 6 or 7 and having those two horrible cunts take even an ounce of credit for it makes me physically sick.
Still, I can put up with it if the club keeps moving forward and we get closer and closer to that glorious day when the fat crook gets sells up once and for all (assuming we don't get bought by another fat crook but let's not dwell on that for now...)

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 1592
RE: Newcastle United ... Ba .... humbug?? - 20/12/2011 1:31:41 PM   
Beno

So i dont come on here and we fall into page 2? NO WAY!

Whos gonna fill Cabayes boots for the next game while hes suspended? Id like Ben Arfa to step in myself.

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 1593
RE: Newcastle United ... Ba .... humbug?? - 20/12/2011 1:48:45 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

So i dont come on here and we fall into page 2? NO WAY!

Whos gonna fill Cabayes boots for the next game while hes suspended? Id like Ben Arfa to step in myself.

Shit, didn't realise he was suspended. I'd like to see Pardew drop Obertan and give Ben Arfa a go on the wing. Reckon he'll pick either Gosling or Abeid for midfield (or both if Tiote's injured again - just remembered he went off on saturday. Balls).
Desperately need three points on wednesday - how the fuck we didn't score against Swansea I'll never know.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1594
RE: Newcastle United ... Ba .... humbug?? - 21/12/2011 2:50:33 PM   
Beno

Dougie Freedman has gone on record and said that Newcastle are not a big enough club to sign Wilfried Zaha - in whom we have shown interest - and then said an amount of money they would accept ..... talk about putting him in the shop window.

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

Post #: 1595
RE: Newcastle United ... Ba .... humbug?? - 22/12/2011 11:23:57 AM   
galvatron

Poor performance last night. Think Pardew got his tactics wrong, Best wasn't really in the game and we needed an extra midfielder to feed Ba. Can't see why he is keeping Ben Arfa on the bench. Lots of long balls up to Ba and West Brom knew what was coming all the time.

On a positive note Vuckic looked good, though I see him more as playing in a midfield three than as a two and Ba was immense again - we're gonna miss him loads.

Lots of respect for Hodgson who nailed his tactics.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1596
RE: Newcastle United ... Ba .... humbug?? - 22/12/2011 5:52:28 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: galvatron

Can't see why he is keeping Ben Arfa on the bench.

He's just come back from a year long injury!

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 1597
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 22/12/2011 9:07:19 PM   
galvatron

But he was fit enough to start against Chelsea, Man United and Man City? Pardew clearly likes two up top which was been detriment to team performance at times. To top that Ben Arfa did more in his first five minutes on the pitch than Best did for the entire time he was on. 

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1598
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 22/12/2011 9:22:29 PM   
horribleives

Pardew said on the radio a while back that in the long term he sees Ben Arfa as playing upfront just behind an out-and-out centre forward (in this case Ba) and I think the only reason he initially held him back was because he didn't want to change a winning team. As that ship's well and truly sailed, I think you're right - Ben Arfa needs to be starting the next few games, though if not in the manager's prefered position I'd like to stick with Best and give Ben Arfa a go on the wing instead of Woebertan.
Oh and someone needs to sit down and with the aforementioned ex-red, Jonas and Tiote and drill into them that actually, when you're just outside the 18 yard box, you are allowed to make a cross or even, god forbid, have a shot without taking fifty fucking touches first.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 22/12/2011 9:23:21 PM >

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 1599
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 22/12/2011 9:53:06 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: galvatron

But he was fit enough to start against Chelsea, Man United and Man City? Pardew clearly likes two up top which was been detriment to team performance at times. To top that Ben Arfa did more in his first five minutes on the pitch than Best did for the entire time he was on.

Other injuries such as hamstring strains are much more likely to happen after a long-term injury. They want to ease him back into the squad, which is the right thing to do, rather then risk further injuries.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 1600
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 22/12/2011 9:56:33 PM   
galvatron

Disagree with that. He had him on the bench for weeks before those games. Then starts him for the three toughest games of the season. Understandably Ben Arfa didn't get much of the ball in those games because of who we were playing and is then dropped. His easing in period was end of September through to October. Ben Arfa offers more options than Best and he is what we've been missing the last couple of games. He didn't even come on against Swansea! 

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1601
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 23/12/2011 8:36:50 PM   
Beno

Demba Ba must think hes got a useless shower behind him at the moment.

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 1602
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 26/12/2011 5:27:08 PM   
Beno

Good win, Ba does it again and nice to see Ben Arfa back scoring - he needs to more often.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1603
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 27/12/2011 12:12:20 AM   
galvatron

Told you he should've been starting

We looked miles better with him on the pitch and I just put him in my fantasy team too BOOM!

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1604
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 28/12/2011 1:21:21 PM   
horribleives

If anyone fancies a trip down memory lane, check out the advent calender on nufc.com. Marvellous times. Well, some of them.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 28/12/2011 1:23:50 PM >

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 1605
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 30/12/2011 12:21:47 PM   
Beno

You could say that the way things go in Premier League Football that Andy Carrol will score against us tonight. It could be written in the stars almost, these things usually are. If it happens then so be it. Its a big 'if' though in my opinion. Carrols own mind and intent will be so tuned into silencing his critics and he may do so tonight. I hope not of course. He has to get through Captain Fantastic Colo and Tim Krul first

At the other end of the pitch we have Demba Ba who is currently everything Carrol is not. Ba can even score twice in losing games which shows the guys determination.

Tonights game 'feels' like a biggie to me, sort of pivitol almost and the whole Carrol drama has got to me which never happens. Im honestly going to be on the edge of my seat and if we get a point it will feel like a loss.
Hopefully Liverpool will get one goal - which is average for them it seems - via Carrol and we will get two via Demba.

Post #: 1606
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 30/12/2011 12:44:57 PM   
Rinc

Given the amount of chances we've been creating I reckon we're going to give someone a spanking soon.

But what is more likely is Krul will put in a MOM performance and we'll either sneak it by one or draw.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1607
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 30/12/2011 1:31:04 PM   
horribleives

Apparently the travelling Toon will be unveiling a new Carroll-telated ditty this evening...
Whatever happens, it's high time we erased the unfortunate stat that the last Newcastle player to score at Anfield was Patrick bloody Kluivert.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 1608
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 31/12/2011 1:02:30 PM   
Beno

Not happy at all with the way we played last night based on how things could have gone. Our 2 Wingers - Obertan and Jonas - were guilty of not being adventurous enough at getting forward and taking people on and getting crosses into Ba. From those 2 delivery was non existant ..... at least Cabaye tried to get balls to him but him being on his own didnt help.
If there was a gameplan last night it was wrong. When we had the ball for periods of time we seemed happy with just 'keep ball' rather than attack.

Post #: 1609
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 3/1/2012 1:13:42 PM   
Beno

FECK IT!!

Howard tw&ttin Webb is the Ref for the Man Utd game

Thats them with 12 men then

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1610
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 4/1/2012 9:09:27 PM   
talpacino

Cracking free kick. Please hang onto this lead now!

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1611
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 4/1/2012 9:53:49 PM   
emogeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

Cracking free kick. Please hang onto this lead now!

Or increase it

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 1612
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 4/1/2012 10:18:06 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Loved that. Pardew said they'd go for it and while Utd look vulnerable they can be like a wounded dog. Great midfield and defensive display, Ba is quality all over. And I so hope they spend some more of the Carroll money, I want to see this team grow and go forwards.

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 1613
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 5/1/2012 12:25:36 AM   
horribleives

Get the fuck in. Particularly sweet as Webb tried his best to give us nowt - you can keep your fucking penalty, baldy, we didn't need it.
It's always a confidence booster beating a top side (especially one who've humped us as many times as Man U) and, the odd iffy moment aside, we pretty much outclassed them, but really, three points and a confident win regardless of the opposition was more than welcome after the month we've had. Nice to see Taylor on the wing adding a bit of much-needed shape to the side. And even nicer to see actual crosses coming in from the right. Haven't had another look at the goals yet but they looked fucking classy from where I was sitting - Jones' was a peach too.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 1614
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 5/1/2012 8:50:47 AM   
Saltire

The atmosphere and way the game panned out reminded me of the famous 5 - 0 drubbing at St. James's what about 16 years ago now? And the Jones own goal was the icing on the cake as it was for Albert when he sealed the win that legendary night with the delightful chip. I'm pleased for Newcastle and their fan's - it was a night to remember.

< Message edited by Saltire -- 5/1/2012 8:51:03 AM >

Post #: 1615
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 5/1/2012 2:45:42 PM   
Professor Moriarty

What happened to Ben Arfa?

He broke on the scene when on loan as one of the most exciting players in the EPL. Then he got broken on the scene. But in the meantime he joined Newcastle and I was really looking forward to seeing him play this season. Which he hasn't really. And now I understand he's had a bit of a spat with the manager. Newcastle don't seem to be a club who are keen on keeping players who don't want to be there, so can we expect him to move on?

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 1616
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 5/1/2012 3:07:26 PM   
horribleives

From what he's said, Pardew seems determined to only play him in a front two just behind Ba, so his first team chances were limited during our unbeaten run based on the manager's refusal to change a winning team. Since then, he started in the three tough games and did okay in two of them but he hasn't really made the most of his chances. Reckon Pardew would've started him last night but tactically we needed a big fella (Ameobi) to win some balls for Ba (something we totally lacked against Liverpool) and take advantage of a ropey defence and it worked a treat, so unfortunatey this was another occasion when Ben Arfa's undoubted skill has been sacrificed depending on the opposition.
Think he'll definitely start all the games when Ba's away, and if we persevere with Taylor on the right in place of Obertan I reckon given a bit more space he might just shine in the next month or so. Let's hope this reported falling out is just a storm in a teacup.
On a side note, my mate works in a shop regularly frequented by John Carver who, when asked what Ben Arfa was like the other week, cheerfully informed him that the fenchman is 'fucking bonkers'.

Post #: 1617
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 16/1/2012 6:25:37 AM   
horribleives

Nice to see Mark Hughes putting his stamp (pun intended) all over yet another team.

Post #: 1618
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 16/1/2012 8:16:04 AM   
Professor Moriarty

Somehow I can happily separate Hughes the player, who I have huge admiration and respect for. And Hughes the manager, who I just don't really like and would happily see fail. When are they playing Wolves? Any chance he can get "Frimpronged"?

Post #: 1619
RE: Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 18/1/2012 12:13:49 PM   
Professor Moriarty

What do you think of your new signing? Can't say I know anything about him. But if he can strike up a great partnership with Ba then that should be really exciting.

Post #: 1620
Page:   <<   < prev  52 53 [54] 55 56   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Newcastle United ... Ba .... humbug?? Page: <<   < prev  52 53 [54] 55 56   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI