Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. Page: <<   < prev  50 51 [52] 53 54   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 1/8/2011 10:52:21 AM   
Beno

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

Hope you have more fun than I did when I went to see our 'friendly' with Darlington the other week.

Theres likely to be some crowd bother knowing the Leeds lot

Well we had fun even though we lost.

The Toon crowd were there usual entertaining lot .... Demba Ba already has his own song even though based on his performance here it may not last .... Leed's No 44 - whoever that was - got verbal stick off a couple of thousand of us for half the match re. his waistline. More than a couple of thousand sang the Sammy Ameobi song at least 6 times and he almost scored twice .... to be honest him and Best looked miles better than the older Ameobi and Ba - shame they were only on for the last 20 mins.
Yohan Cabaye was the standout player for us. He kept reminding me of Scott Parker, seriously.
The first Leeds goal was such a mess up from FF, if it had been Harper or Krul they would have been reliable im sure. Frasers positioning for there other 2 goals was sooo poor too, i doubt he'll get any starts for us based on this showing.
Overall though - apart from the very intimidating 2 mile walk to Elland Road - a very nice day out .... the result dont matter, a kick up the backside is required and good.

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1531
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 1/8/2011 4:24:40 PM   
emogeek

quote:

Got through to Talksport this morning to tell Micky Quinn he was wrong to say the Toon will struggle this season without Nolan and that we wont lose Barton or Enrique.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14366074.stm

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1532
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 1/8/2011 4:30:32 PM   
jediwarrior

quote:

ORIGINAL: emogeek

quote:

Got through to Talksport this morning to tell Micky Quinn he was wrong to say the Toon will struggle this season without Nolan and that we wont lose Barton or Enrique.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14366074.stm

DOH!!

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 1533
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 1/8/2011 4:57:42 PM   
directorscut

Wenger will still try to haggle over the transfer fee.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 1534
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 3/8/2011 7:46:15 PM   
CORLEONE

Only a bunch of incompetents like Ashley and Llambias could manage to make Joey Barton look like a philosophical freedom fighter.

He'd be a good signing for anyone in the Prem.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 1535
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 5/8/2011 9:35:05 AM   
horribleives

Fingers crossed but it ooks like he might possibly stay now. I'll be overjoyed if he does but it still doesn't solve the huge problem of the lying, skinflint, amateur, know-nothing , robbing bastards ruining our club. Everything Barton (and for that matter Nolan and Enrique) said about Ashley re: not spending the Carrol wedge, Pardew's lack of authrority, flogging our best players, offering inferior contracts, etc, etc was spot on. God I hate being a Newcastle fan sometimes.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 1536
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 9/8/2011 12:31:13 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Ye gawds. I thought things were bleak at Newcastle, then they go and sign Obertan. And for 3M. Seriously, Utd should have been paying teams to take him away.

Ah well allez les pies

Still, I guess at least Barton gets to stay. After he found that nobody wanted him, even for free!

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 9/8/2011 12:36:51 PM >

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 1537
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 9/8/2011 5:27:05 PM   
Beno

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

Ye gawds. I thought things were bleak at Newcastle, then they go and sign Obertan. And for 3M. Seriously, Utd should have been paying teams to take him away.

Ah well allez les pies

Still, I guess at least Barton gets to stay. After he found that nobody wanted him, even for free!

Have seen Obertan 3 or 4 times playing for Man Utd and he looked class to be honest. A bit like Guitterez but right sided and faster.

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 1538
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 9/8/2011 6:26:26 PM   
big dawg

i got joey barton to change his twitter picture to che guevara last week...

I can believe things that are true and I can believe things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not

Gamertag - SqualorVic

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1539
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 9/8/2011 7:00:29 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

quote:

Ah well allez les pies

Have seen Obertan 3 or 4 times playing for Man Utd and he looked class to be honest. A bit like Guitterez but right sided and faster.

You and Pardew should have gone to Specsavers :-)

He's got pace, I'll give you that. Just nothing else ;-)

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1540
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 9/8/2011 9:07:10 PM   
Frank Castle

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ah well allez les pies

You and Pardew should have gone to Specsavers :-)

He's got pace, I'll give you that. Just nothing else ;-)

works for walcott and young

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 1541
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 10/8/2011 7:13:08 AM   
horribleives

I'd be surprised if anyone could judge him properly based on the scant appearances he made for Man U. Let's not forget, he's only 22 - he may well flourish playing regular first team football. Of course, if he flourishes too much the fat cockney bastard'll no doubt sell him in a year but that's a seperate issue.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Frank Castle)
Post #: 1542
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 10/8/2011 11:22:08 AM   
Gram123

Ok, keeping this unnecessary format going!

Name: Gabriel Obertan
Signed: 9th August 2011
Contract: 5 yrs
Previous club: Manchester Utd (UK)
Nationality: French
Position: Right Midfield

So our signings this summer so far:

Yohan Cabaye - French midfielder
Demba Ba - French-Senegalese forward
Sylvain Marveaux - French midfielder
Mehdi Abeid - French midfielder
Gabriel Obertan - French midfielder

Those adding to Hatem Ben Arfa (French midfiedler) and Cheick Tiote (Ivorian midfielder. Official language of Ivory Coast = French).

As we all know, we still need a (leading) forward and a left back for when Enrique effs off. Any predictions of half decent French or French-speaking players who play in these positions?

Can Pardew speak French? I'm guessing he must be able to, to some degree. Can't find any mention of it online.
Lots of stuff calling him Alain Pardeux, Alain Pardieu or Alain de Pardeux, though!

< Message edited by Gram123 -- 10/8/2011 11:40:57 AM >

Gram123's Top Songs Project

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 1543
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 10/8/2011 11:47:18 AM   
Gram123

quote:

ORIGINAL: nufc.com
While Gabriel Obertan was completing the formalities of his transfer at Darsley Park on Monday, yet another French- speaking player was attempting to earn a deal with United in a training ground reserve friendly.

The as-yet un-named forward played 45 minutes, netting once in what was an 8-2 romp over a less experienced smoggy XI.

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 1544
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 10/8/2011 11:57:16 PM   
Olaf

quote:

quote:

Ah well allez les pies

What is this I don't even

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1545
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 11/8/2011 4:37:16 PM   
emogeek

quote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14494213.stm

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1546
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 11/8/2011 11:16:32 PM   
horribleives

Well it was only a matter of time. No hard feelings towards the lad, he's been here four years, stuck around when we went down and always put a shift in so I don't hold anything against him for wanting to go to a bigger club. Also, he did seem to care about the team and the fans, and hit the nail firmly on the head with his Twitter comments about the shower of cunts ruining our club so best of luck to him.

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 1547
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 14/8/2011 12:14:41 AM   
Beno

Well ...... that was fun.

Cant wait for the derby game next up. There wont be the same approach to that match as we had today im sure.
One day Joey Barton will have his own reality show where cameras follow him around as he tries to become a Dictator on some far off island .... it will happen!

Post #: 1548
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 14/8/2011 1:37:07 AM   
horribleives

It was painfully clear today that our entire formation is reliant upon an attacking midfielder (who's out for another month). Or a mythical striker we're probably not gonna sign. Or a loud-mouthed passionate yet wayward scouser* who needs to focus more on passing a ball than getting dirty bastards sent off.

* I'm loving his Twitter-spat with Piers Morgan, mind.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 1549
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 14/8/2011 1:55:15 AM   
horribleives

On an unrelated note, I was quite disturbed today when I realised they've got rid of the two clocks in the ground. It's quite disorientating not knowing how many minutes are left, and it must be even worse for the fly-by-night cunts who like to fuck off for their pie/metro ten minutes before each half ends. How will they cope?

Post #: 1550
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 19/8/2011 11:13:34 AM   
Goodfella

Right guys....

http://www.cafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10267~2424761,00.html

From your end, what do you know about this? I know we've all been awaiting the departure of Elliot over the last 12 months, first off it was supposed to be a move to Blackpool, then West Ham and now you lot. This one has been given vocals though where as the other wasn't. I can assume the interest is partly to Alan Pardew knowing Elliot from when he managed us as well.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

Post #: 1551
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 19/8/2011 6:25:38 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

Right guys....

From your end, what do you know about this? I know we've all been awaiting the departure of Elliot over the last 12 months, first off it was supposed to be a move to Blackpool, then West Ham and now you lot. This one has been given vocals though where as the other wasn't. I can assume the interest is partly to Alan Pardew knowing Elliot from when he managed us as well.

First I've heard of it though wy the fuck we need to buy a keeper is anyone's guess.

Anyway, altogether now (to the tune of Mambo Number 5):

A little bit of Hendon - stinks of shite
A little bit of Whitburn - what a sight
A little bit of Penywell - on the dole
A little bit of Roker - a crap-hole
A little bit of Seaham - burnt-out vans
A little bit of Tunstall - teenage grans
A little bit of Pallion - fucking slum
A little bit of this makes you all scum!

< Message edited by horribleives -- 19/8/2011 7:15:04 PM >

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 1552
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 26/8/2011 1:02:21 PM   
Sleazy

So then..

decent start, credible draw with a cheating Arsenal team, have beaten the great unwashed and then a very exciting win at Scunthorpe.

Scunny game we were terrible first half with only Marveaux looking good (he could be the find of the year). Second half was different as it was edge of your seat stuff from both teams (ref was terrible mind).

Looks like we have secured the services of Erik Pieters who should be an able replacement for Enrique. I reckon thats it for Barton which is a shame as I'd like to keep him.

What do you think about the striker situation? Ba has been awful, Shola is not the answer. McLoven is out of his depth at this level, Best is ok but should not be our first choice. Sammy Ameobi looks great but its still early and I dont see him as a 20 goal a season man.

Finally Krul is looking world class. Maybe despite the best efforts of the FatMan we could do ok this season?

< Message edited by Sleazy -- 26/8/2011 1:06:40 PM >

Gamertag: Sleazycome

PSN ID: Sleazytoon

Post #: 1553
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 26/8/2011 1:08:33 PM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

Right guys....

First I've heard of it though wy the fuck we need to buy a keeper is anyone's guess.

Anyway, altogether now (to the tune of Mambo Number 5):

A little bit of Hendon - stinks of shite
A little bit of Whitburn - what a sight
A little bit of Penywell - on the dole
A little bit of Roker - a crap-hole
A little bit of Seaham - burnt-out vansA little bit of Tunstall - teenage grans
A little bit of Pallion - fucking slum
A little bit of this makes you all scum!

Fuck off, I live in Seaham, nothing wrong with it!

although once my neighbour across the street did have his car burnt out. Not a van though.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

Post #: 1554
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 5/9/2011 2:04:35 PM   
Mojo

[image]http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg862/scaled.php?tn=0&server=862&filename=q0zw.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640[/image]

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 1555
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 25/9/2011 5:35:43 AM   
horribleives

Demba Ba
Demba BA
Demba, Demba Ba
He gets the...erm...okay, I haven't thought it through but it's got legs.
Seriously though, some of our passing today was fucking sublime.
I turned to the lad who sits next to me halfway through the second half and said 'this is fucking great' for the first time since about 2003.
Granted, Blackburn were bloody awful but this is possibly the most promsing group of players we've had since Bobby was manager.
Haway the lads. Etc.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 25/9/2011 5:36:25 AM >

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 1556
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 26/9/2011 1:32:38 PM   
Gram123

A bit late, but I wasn't around Empire so much when they signed...

Name: Davide Santon
Signed: 30th August 2011
Previous club: Inter Milan (Italy)
Nationality: Italian
Position: Full Back (either side, but bought primarily to play Left Back)

Name: Rob Elliot
Previous club: Charlton Athletic (UK)
Nationality: English
Position: Goalkeeper

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 1557
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 26/9/2011 2:01:37 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gram123

A bit late, but I wasn't around Empire so much when they signed...

Name: Davide Santon
Previous club: Inter Milan (Italy)
Nationality: Italian
Position: Full Back (either side, but bought primarily to play Left Back)

Don't worry, he hasn't been around so much since he signed either.

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 1558
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 3/10/2011 10:50:50 AM   
Gram123

It's quiet in this thread when we're doing well!
Is that 12 games unbeaten now (9 this season, all comps)?

Ba and Best scoring, and displacing Ameobi. Krul playing really well. Cabaye looking like a cracking purchase, and in the brief glimpses we've seen, Marveaux and Ben Arfa also looking decent. More pace in the team than when we had messrs Carroll, Nolan and Barton (still a shame about Enrique's exit). Players returning from injury. Decisions going for rather than against us for a change. Gutierrez signing a new contract (Colo to follow!).

Continuing the unbeaten record against Spurs in a couple of weeks time might be a big ask - be great if we managed a decent result. Then it's Wigan at home and Blackburn in the cup, both eminently winnable.

Not looking forward to the middle of Nov - beginning of Dec, like, when we play Man City, then Man Utd, then Chelsea.........

Post #: 1559
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 3/10/2011 6:33:27 PM   
horribleives

Aye, those three in a row are gonna be tough but if we were to win one of them it would lift the lads' confidence sky high so fingers crossed. As it is, a couple of points from those games would do me. Luckily enough we've bagged enough early points so that if we were to get beat by the top clubs (but at least give a decent performance) I wouldn't be too bothered about drawing or (shudder) losing (insert HUGE winky thing).
Spurs is the first major test though. They're a good few years ahead of us in terms of building a team (and in terms of everything else to be honest) but if we're serious about aiming to be the best side outside the top 5 (or 6, I can't see Arsenal staying in the bottom half forever) then these are the games when we need to man up. Ditto when we face the likes of Everton, Villa (again) and even Stoke.
You never know, if that fat cunt can keep himself to himself and resist selling off this latest crop of great players (and make no mistake, the likes of Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Tiote, Marveaux, Krul the Conquerer etc are just that) we might just be onto something over the next few seasons.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 3/10/2011 6:38:03 PM >

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 1560
Page:   <<   < prev  50 51 [52] 53 54   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. Page: <<   < prev  50 51 [52] 53 54   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI