Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 25/7/2007 8:58:46 PM   
Beno

Looks like we may lose Dyer cos of "family reasons" , this would be a big loss for us . I would be more concerned about this than the loss of Parker . At his best Dyer can be a playmaker for us and as such he would have to be replaced with quality , sooner rather than later , of course .

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 91
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 27/7/2007 1:21:16 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

West Ham apparently.......4M

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 92
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 28/7/2007 11:08:14 PM   
Noshbox

He'll go to Spurs

To be honest, Im not too bothered he is going. On his day he is fantastic, but he is injury prone and inconsistant.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 93
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 1/8/2007 1:35:04 PM   
Beno

Sometimes im so glad that im a Newcastle fan living outside of the area . It appears now that a minority of local fans , which probably means quite a lot , have started some kind of hate campaign directed towards Kieron Dyer cos he wants to leave the club . Words fail me . I have been sat here ages trying to decide what to type re. these fools and im dumbfounded . Think i'll leave it to the usual bunch of critics who , this time , should be as vicious as they like in my opinion .
I like Dyer , always have , and all Toon fans should be saddened if he leaves .

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to Noshbox)
Post #: 94
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 1/8/2007 4:04:59 PM   
Spartacus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

Sometimes im so glad that im a Newcastle fan living outside of the area . It appears now that a minority of local fans , which probably means quite a lot , have started some kind of hate campaign directed towards Kieron Dyer cos he wants to leave the club . Words fail me . I have been sat here ages trying to decide what to type re. these fools and im dumbfounded . Think i'll leave it to the usual bunch of critics who , this time , should be as vicious as they like in my opinion .
I like Dyer , always have , and all Toon fans should be saddened if he leaves .

When he puts his heart into the game then he is a great asset to any team, but the problem with him is that he thinks he is much better than anyone else and doesn't always need to put the work in. It will be kinda sad to see him go but on the other hand I want him to leave so we can some money on his wages, ~50,000 a week.

The fans who have started this hate campaign against him are fucking stupid, he wants to leave as he wants to be nearer his family so why not try and get him out the door as quick as possible. If you were thinking of joining us now, you'd probably start having second thoughts if you heard about the fans doing this to a current player. Plus it puts the chips firmly in the clubs that are interested in him as they will see it that we need to sell him quickly so will drop their offers for him.

The Emperor... wants to conquer outer space. Yoda... wants to explore inner space. That's the fundamental difference between the light and dark side of the force.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 95
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 2/8/2007 2:18:24 AM   
pettsy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spartacus

When he puts his heart into the game then he is a great asset to any team, but the problem with him is that he thinks he is much better than anyone else and doesn't always need to put the work in. It will be kinda sad to see him go but on the other hand I want him to leave so we can some money on his wages, ~50,000 a week.

Exactly.  I'd rather have a consistent player in his position than one that turns in one good game in about 10.

I'm not in any way condoning what these fans have apparently done though, daft really.

(in reply to Spartacus)
Post #: 96
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 2/8/2007 10:44:31 AM   
Spartacus

Dyer has been given permission to talk to West Ham and it looks like there is a deal on the table also. Rumors about us getting Smith are going round again, there is also talk of us trying to buy Faye from Bolton and Papa Buba Diop from Fulham.

EDIT: Just found this on another forum - "Well apart from one of the big reasons he wants away from Newcastle is that his sister was busted with a drugs stash on her which word has it wasn't hers shall we say, leading quite a few people to be rather annoyed with him so he wants to get away."

< Message edited by Spartacus -- 2/8/2007 10:48:34 AM >

The Emperor... wants to conquer outer space. Yoda... wants to explore inner space. That's the fundamental difference between the light and dark side of the force.

(in reply to pettsy)
Post #: 97
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 2/8/2007 1:51:07 PM   
Beno

Big Sam has been making all the right noises re. getting more than one replacement for Dyer and also at least a couple of bodies in Defence . If he gets his way we will have the best squad of players we have had in a while . Shame about the Dyer situation im very happy with what hes done for Newcastle as a player .
On another note is it me or is West Hams midfield going to be full of Toon rejects plus a nutty Striker reject .

(in reply to Spartacus)
Post #: 98
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 2/8/2007 2:06:08 PM   
pettsy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spartacus

Dyer has been given permission to talk to West Ham and it looks like there is a deal on the table also. Rumors about us getting Smith are going round again, there is also talk of us trying to buy Faye from Bolton and Papa Buba Diop from Fulham.

EDIT: Just found this on another forum - "Well apart from one of the big reasons he wants away from Newcastle is that his sister was busted with a drugs stash on her which word has it wasn't hers shall we say, leading quite a few people to be rather annoyed with him so he wants to get away."

Allegedly.

We've agreed a 6m fee for Alan Smith according to the Beeb.

I'm OK with this as long as Martins doesn't go to make way for him.

(in reply to Spartacus)
Post #: 99
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 2/8/2007 2:34:01 PM   
Spartacus

All we have to do get Smith is for him to say yes now.

quote:

Talking to the official website today (Thursday), Sam Allardyce confirmed that Brazilian defender  Claudio Roberto da Silva - better known as Cacapa (pictured) was close to joining Newcastle, subject to a medical.

quote:

Thursday's Spanish sports paper Marca claims that Seville defender Ivica Dragutinovic (pictured) has agreed to join Newcastle.

Both quotes from nufc.com

(in reply to pettsy)
Post #: 100
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 3/8/2007 1:57:22 PM   
Spartacus

Smith has signed a 5 year deal with us and could appear in the game against Sampdoria.

(in reply to Spartacus)
Post #: 101
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 3/8/2007 3:03:20 PM   
Skiba

Good signing for you I think but I think Sam's got a headache on his hands with 4 strikers with fairly big ego's...if you were in Europe then maybe I could understand it but it's gonna be hard to juggle if presumably you play with 2 up front

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to Spartacus)
Post #: 102
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 4/8/2007 3:46:05 PM   
Spartacus

Couple of news stories this morning.

We have completed the free signing of Claudio Roberto da Silva.

Dyer may not be moving to West Ham after our new chairman upped the price to 7million, 8million if they qualify for Europe

There are rumors that we have done a deal with Villareal for their 21 year old leftback Jose Enrique Sanchez Diaz. We have to get him for his name alone

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 103
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 4/8/2007 5:14:41 PM   
Beno

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

Good signing for you I think but I think Sam's got a headache on his hands with 4 strikers with fairly big ego's...if you were in Europe then maybe I could understand it but it's gonna be hard to juggle if presumably you play with 2 up front

Wont be simply 2 up front , not with the formations that Big Sam can and has utilised in the past . There will be occasions when its like 4-3-3 and variations of that . At times there could even be as many as 4 Strikers on the field , even starting matches .

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 104
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 13/8/2007 2:07:51 PM   
Beno

Expected that first win on Saturday , although did not expect to be top of table . OK its only the first weekend but i can seriously see us being there or thereabouts all season long . I have faith in Big Sam who incidentally says he isnt done buying players yet .

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 105
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 13/8/2007 2:21:59 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

Expected that first win on Saturday , although did not expect to be top of table . OK its only the first weekend but i can seriously see us being there or thereabouts all season long . I have faith in Big Sam who incidentally says he isnt done buying players yet .

I agree with your comments Beno Big Sam tends to favor 4-3-3.

As for your comment that you can see Newcastle being thereabouts what position are you meaning? Do you really think you will be around the top 2?

I think pushing for 5th would be a wise aim for Newcastle this season.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 106
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 14/8/2007 4:18:38 PM   
Beno

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

I agree with your comments Beno Big Sam tends to favor 4-3-3.

As for your comment that you can see Newcastle being thereabouts what position are you meaning? Do you really think you will be around the top 2?

I think pushing for 5th would be a wise aim for Newcastle this season.

To be honest Bob a lot of my optimism comes from 2 different points of view .

1. Im a bit fed up with the Premiership being a case of "same old faces" being in or around the top four .
AND
2. I honestly belive we have a squad close to competing for top honours , just look at the players we have and what they are capable of .

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 107
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 14/8/2007 4:33:44 PM   
Felix

Is there some promotional tie in between Newcastle's goalkeeping kit and the new Iron Man film this season?

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 108
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 14/8/2007 6:40:16 PM   
pettsy

Yes, it features a plate that keeps Steve Harper alive during his lengthy bench time.

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 109
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 14/8/2007 7:47:07 PM   
Felix

To be fair, if my job involved working behind the Newcastle defense, I'd need some kind of mechanism to keep my heart going...

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to pettsy)
Post #: 110
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 14/8/2007 9:13:51 PM   
pettsy

Nice.

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 111
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 21/8/2007 12:17:29 PM   
Beno

How the heck can Emre be going over to be with the Turkish national squad when hes got an injury thats kept him from playing for Newcastle so far this season . As usual with our own national squad - the latest being Bent - players are suddenly "injured" and wont feature on Wednesday . But NUFC allow one of our best players to travel and probably aggravate a real injury .

(in reply to pettsy)
Post #: 112
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 24/8/2007 2:10:11 AM   
pettsy

I was slightly more bothered about Owen playing on Wednesday.  Half a game does not a fit footballer make.  Had I been watching the debacle, I'm sure it would have been through my fingers.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 113
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 24/8/2007 1:13:52 PM   
Beno

quote:

ORIGINAL: pettsy

I was slightly more bothered about Owen playing on Wednesday.  Half a game does not a fit footballer make.  Had I been watching the debacle, I'm sure it would have been through my fingers.

Nah Pett. he needs the run out ready just in time to play a blinder on Sunday against Boro .

(in reply to pettsy)
Post #: 114
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 25/8/2007 1:44:04 AM   
pettsy

Like I said, I didn't see much of the game, but weren't you cringing every time he went for the ball? It just seemed like an unnecessary risk.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 115
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 27/8/2007 7:30:05 PM   
Beno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr1ybSES0Lo

Got to be goal of the weekends fixtures .

(in reply to pettsy)
Post #: 116
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 27/8/2007 8:10:02 PM   
JJ Holiday

I thought that Viduka's was better.

"Stay frosty"

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 117
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 27/8/2007 8:27:45 PM   
Boring Prophet

quote:

ORIGINAL: JJ Holiday

Me too. He's such a classy player for a man of his size.

(in reply to JJ Holiday)
Post #: 118
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 27/8/2007 8:29:54 PM   
Beno

quote:

ORIGINAL: JJ Holiday

It was another special one yes but the fact that Nzogbia is a leftie yet scored with his right coupled with the mazey run just prior .... i prefer it to the Dukes .

(in reply to JJ Holiday)
Post #: 119
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 27/8/2007 8:48:38 PM   
Beno

Changing the subject , we now have a problem at Right - back with Carr and Ramage out . One possible solution could be trying to get Justin Hoyte on loan from Arsenal , hes a real prospect yet hardly ever gets a game . If anyone knows Big Sam pass this on .

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI