Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 24/5/2007 1:05:49 PM   
Spartacus

The other reason people give him a hard time is this

http://www.nufc-finances.org.uk/

Its all there , plain to see.
An excellent and informative site written by an NUFC supporting accountant.

The Emperor... wants to conquer outer space. Yoda... wants to explore inner space. That's the fundamental difference between the light and dark side of the force.

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 61
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 5/6/2007 7:03:32 PM   
Beno

Its all coming together . We are targeting the right players ie Barton , we are gonna get a new
Billionaire owner and the sun is shining . I cant wait for next season .

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to Spartacus)
Post #: 62
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 7/6/2007 11:01:38 AM   
theram05

These are exciting times for Newcastle fans, seems like this guy has a few bob to spend, are we to finally to hear the Geordies roar?

Ashley to take over Newcastle Utd

Billionaire businessman Mike Ashley is set to take control of Newcastle United after chairman Freddy Shepherd agreed to sell his 28% stake in the club.
Mr Ashley, who runs the Sportsworld chain and Lillywhites, is to pay 37.6m for the shares - a move that values the club at 131m.
Last month his company, St James Holdings, bought 41.6% of the club's shares from Sir John Hall's family.
He now has about 70% of the shares, and needs 75% to trigger a full takeover.
The Newcastle United board has urged other shareholders to accept Mr Ashley's 101 pence-per-share offer.
Mr Shepherd, who is expected to stay on at the club in some capacity, said that Mr Ashley and his company would be "excellent custodians of Newcastle United's heritage".
"They will provide the best opportunity for the club to flourish in the future, to the benefit of the company and its fans", he added.
Newcastle have been trying to improve their position in the Premiership and fans have been getting increasingly frustrated with the team's performance.
Sam Allardyce recently replaced Glenn Roeder as manager of the club.
It was the third managerial change the Magpies have undergone in less than three years.
This season the club finished just five points above the relegation zone, having set a target of a European spot at the start of the campaign.

The club has a rich history, having won the FA Cup on six occasions and the league title four times, but it has failed to win any major silverware for 38 years.
Mr Ashley will become one of a number of large investors who have been buying stakes in English and Scottish football clubs - that have included Manchester United, Liverpool, Aston Villa and West Ham.
His approach is not the first that has targeted the club.
Last year the Belgravia Group investment fund said it was considering a bid - but then dropped its plans in January, saying it had failed to agree a price and transaction structure.
Meanwhile, in December last year, hedge fund Polygon tried to take over the club, but pulled out of negotiations a month later.
In October 2006, Newcastle United announced a 12m financial annual loss after heavy investment in players and a fall in revenues as a result of its failure to qualify for Europe.

< Message edited by theram05 -- 7/6/2007 11:02:10 AM >

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 63
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 7/6/2007 6:42:25 PM   
pettsy

quote:

ORIGINAL: theram05

Mr Shepherd, who is expected to stay on at the club in some capacity, said that Mr Ashley and his company would be "excellent custodians of Newcastle United's heritage".

I knew there would be some bad news somewhere.

In all seriousness though, an exciting few days.  Viduka signing as well today.  Although we've had these sorts of close-seasons before, so I'm not holding my breath too much...

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 64
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 12/6/2007 10:57:22 AM   
Beno

What goes on with the Barton deal?? This morning its been reported that the hold up is a payoff of 300,000 that Barton is due if he leaves City . So whats the hold up?? pay it!! or are City being silly and teaching him a "lesson" by not giving it him . I fail to see why this should hold up the transfer . He will say he was forced out , they will say not so no pay off
......... its going to take a while to sort .

< Message edited by Beno -- 12/6/2007 11:07:48 AM >

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to pettsy)
Post #: 65
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 12/6/2007 11:19:44 AM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

What goes on with the Barton deal?? This morning its been reported that the hold up is a payoff of 300,000 that Barton is due if he leaves City . So whats the hold up?? pay it!! or are City being silly and teaching him a "lesson" by not giving it him . I fail to see why this should hold up the transfer . He will say he was forced out , they will say not so no pay off
......... its going to take a while to sort .

I dont know what to feel, admiration for Bartons neck for asking for this cash, or just the desire to wring his fucking neck!

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 66
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 12/6/2007 11:45:43 AM   
Fluke Skywalker

It would be nice for Newcastle to finally become successful - maybe bag a cup this season if their increasingly impressive looking strike force can stay fit.

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 67
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 12/6/2007 8:52:46 PM   
Beno

We have the mighty Solano for at least one more season and Tim Krul is staying around for a bit as well which is great also cos he is one of the top young Goalies around . The futures
bright , the futures black and white . Now we just need Owen to commit cos if he does not
then i for one wont be happy and a few thousand others wont be either .

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 68
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 14/6/2007 1:44:38 PM   
Beno

Away to Bolton on first day , you couldnt write it !!

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 69
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 14/6/2007 6:54:07 PM   
Beno

So we have Barton at last , about time too . How come the fee went up 300,000 ?? Is it a case of "ok Man. City give Barton the 300,000 you owe him and we will give it you back in the Transfer fee" , looks like it . Someone at Man. City may have just earned himself a big bonus .

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 70
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 15/6/2007 12:11:17 PM   
Spartacus

quote:

So we have Barton at last , about time too . How come the fee went up 300,000 ?? Is it a case of "ok Man. City give Barton the 300,000 you owe him and we will give it you back in the Transfer fee" , looks like it . Someone at Man. City may have just earned himself a big bonus .

City owed Barton 300,000 and wouldn't pay for some or other, so we upped the bid by 300,000 and they accepted. The cheapskate gits.

Ben Haim has gone to Chelsea for some unknown reason, probably because Uri Geller told him to, so we need to start looking at some more defenders.

The Emperor... wants to conquer outer space. Yoda... wants to explore inner space. That's the fundamental difference between the light and dark side of the force.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 71
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 15/6/2007 12:15:46 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

You should of made Barton forfit the 300,000 if he wanted the move not pay it for him.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to Spartacus)
Post #: 72
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 15/6/2007 12:18:05 PM   
Beno

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spartacus

quote:

City owed Barton 300,000 and wouldn't pay for some or other, so we upped the bid by 300,000 and they accepted. The cheapskate gits.

Ben Haim has gone to Chelsea for some unknown reason, probably because Uri Geller told him to, so we need to start looking at some more defenders.

Not bothered about missing out on Ben Haim if im honest but i have to say is he going to get much game time at Chelsea when they have the likes of Terry , Carvalho and Belharouz .

(in reply to Spartacus)
Post #: 73
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 15/6/2007 12:22:09 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

Not bothered about missing out on Ben Haim if im honest but i have to say is he going to get much game time at Chelsea when they have the likes of Terry , Carvalho and Belharouz .

Wel Belharouz is going back to Germany, which mean Terry and Carvalho will have to play over 60 games.  I would think he will get at least 35 appearences this season at Chelsea and remember Carvalho is 30 this year.  

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 74
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 22/6/2007 11:26:37 AM   
Beno

Not much else happening in the world of Toon apart from the unveiling of these nifty bits of footie kit that all kids should be wearing :

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 75
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 22/6/2007 11:52:30 AM   
Keyser_Sose

There's speculation om bbc.co.uk/football that you boys might be signing Alan Smith for 3.5 million

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 76
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 22/6/2007 12:02:38 PM   
Beno

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keyser_Sose

There's speculation om bbc.co.uk/football that you boys might be signing Alan Smith for 3.5 million

Yeah , seen that Keyser cheers , to be honest if we got him i would be well pleased as i belive he is the type of player who can only get better as he matures and gets slightly older .

(in reply to Keyser_Sose)
Post #: 77
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 22/6/2007 12:23:24 PM   
Keyser_Sose

I rate Smudge highly, and it's a shame that he hasn't really been able to establish himself as permanent firt-teamer at Man Utd, all the best to him if he does leave and with the team you fellas seem to be crafting I think a top 7 finish will be realistic for this season

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 78
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 22/6/2007 12:29:39 PM   
Beno

Just hope we keep Owen then , if he stays fit , he should tot up a good tally of goals along with Martins and Viduka we could have a good season , cheers again Keyser .

(in reply to Keyser_Sose)
Post #: 79
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 22/6/2007 2:15:13 PM   
Spartacus

quote:

Not much else happening in the world of Toon apart from the unveiling of these nifty bits of footie kit that all kids should be wearing :

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

I'm not sure on it yet, I need a good look at it before I make a judgment on it.

At least Barton should feel at home wearing it

Bad news with Taylor, hopefully he can get fit again for the start of the season and we can sign a decent CB to help him along even more.

It turns out that Martins may have been telling some porkies with regards to being shot at, apparently it was his car that was being shot at but he was tucked up in bed, fast asleep with his teddy bear.*

*the last may not be entirely accurate

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 80
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 3/7/2007 12:01:38 PM   
Beno

So now we have Geremi from Chelsea , excellent . Big Sam is building a squad that has all the potential to be challenging for big things next season ...... i cant wait .

(in reply to Spartacus)
Post #: 81
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 12/7/2007 9:49:49 AM   
Beno

Owen says hes staying with us . Officially hes spoken out quashing all rumours at last about him wanting a move away . Talk about relief at reading his words this morning , they were like golden nectar........ whatever that is !

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 82
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 12/7/2007 10:51:58 AM   
buckets

I wouldn't read too much into it, if Owen says all this and then moves it makes it look like he didn't want to move and keeps the fans happy, I'm far from convinced Owen will still be at Toon come kick off.

More beans Mr Taggart?

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 83
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 13/7/2007 6:12:18 PM   
Starscream

im curious as to what you guy think of this

The allspark will be mine!

(in reply to buckets)
Post #: 84
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 13/7/2007 9:15:48 PM   
Beno

You will find out when he plays at St. James Park .

(in reply to Starscream)
Post #: 85
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 13/7/2007 9:35:09 PM   
Kami89

Any news on Martins, I read somewhere that apparently he was having a chat with Big Sam today regarding his future...

Just a Gooner, trying to find out who else we can be linked to but never sign...

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 86
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 14/7/2007 1:38:34 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

Don't see why Newcastle should have a problem with Chopra they dumped on the lad. They didn't want him and pushed him out to the Championship, I was just gutted we didn't go in for him.  I'll have to put him in the list with Crouch (when at Norwich) of players I wanted to sign before they become popular again.

I could of saved Sheffield United a fortune.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Starscream)
Post #: 87
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 14/7/2007 7:57:42 PM   
Felix

Apparently, now Allardyce is looking into Fanni...

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_2499072,00.html

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 88
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 16/7/2007 2:51:01 PM   
Spartacus

WTF??
Police have raided three professional football clubs as part of an investigation into alleged corruption in the game.St James's Park, home of Newcastle United, was one of the locations searched by police. Sky News understands search warrants were also served on two individuals but their identities are not yet known.City of London Police earlier refused to disclose which clubs were involved or their league status.But a spokeswoman said the raids, which took place between 7.30am and 9.00am, were not connected to Lord Stevens' ongoing Quest inquiry into the Premier League."We can confirm that search warrants were served at three football clubs and the homes of two individuals in connection with corruption in football and its impact on owners and shareholders," she said."This investigation is a totally independent inquiry. It has not been influenced or informed by the Quest inquiry in any way."As this is a live investigation, it would be inappropriate to comment further at this stage."

EDIT: taken from sky news.

< Message edited by Spartacus -- 16/7/2007 2:52:43 PM >

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 89
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 16/7/2007 8:36:05 PM   
Beno

http://forums.icnewcastle.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1670

Read the above...... i have a sour taste in my mouth .

(in reply to Spartacus)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI