Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 8/4/2007 11:51:26 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

Went to the match at Bramall Lane yesterday and had to sit in the middle of SUFCs cop end . I felt like i was in the middle of the battle of Helms Deep or summat but it was well worth it .

I was there too although I was seated above the Newcastle fans in the Bramall Lane end.  I've got to say if that is Premiership standard from either side I'm a scotsman.  My god it was an awful display to be fair on Newcastle at least Duff, Martins and Dyer when he came on looked like they had some class. The rest were all a pile of shite, especially my beloved red and white wizards.  
Micheal Tonge creative force my arse, touch of a rapist and couldn't pass water and don't get me started on Nade and Kazim Richards.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 31
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 9/4/2007 9:05:29 PM   
Beno

Kazim Richards had a mare for the Blades im surprised Warnock didnt take him off . Our best player was Duff but Flatulent Bob is right , both teams underperformed .

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 32
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 12/4/2007 12:43:50 PM   
Beno

Owen and Ameobi scored a goal apiece in a behind closed doors friendly against
Gretna , not long now! , roll on next season .

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 33
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 12/4/2007 1:12:28 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

I see Sven has again been linked with the Newcastle job.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 34
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 12/4/2007 1:32:54 PM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob
I was there too although I was seated above the Newcastle fans in the Bramall Lane end.  I've got to say if that is Premiership standard from either side I'm a scotsman.  My god it was an awful display to be fair on Newcastle at least Duff, Martins and Dyer when he came on looked like they had some class. The rest were all a pile of shite, especially my beloved red and white wizards.  
Micheal Tonge creative force my arse, touch of a rapist and couldn't pass water and don't get me started on Nade and Kazim Richards.

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

Post #: 35
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 13/4/2007 12:48:10 PM   
Skiba

The Sven rumours are doing the rounds again....what do the Toon fans think of this?  Firstly the rumours themselves but also if he did become boss?

Personally I'd be surprised if the rumours are true but I think he'd be very good for the club

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 36
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 13/4/2007 4:37:53 PM   
Spartacus

I'm still not sure wether or not Sven could do a good job for us. What we need is a manager who is not afraid to shout at the players when they fuck up. I say we keep hold of Roeder for a while and see what happens when we don't sack out manager, you never know, it might do us good.

The Emperor... wants to conquer outer space. Yoda... wants to explore inner space. That's the fundamental difference between the light and dark side of the force.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 37
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 14/4/2007 5:31:20 PM   
Beno

Dont want Sven , his style of management- or how it seemed for England- would not be welcome at Newcastle in my view . Yeah hes a big name and we should be a big club at least position wise in the Prem. but lets see what next season brings first .

< Message edited by Beno -- 14/4/2007 6:51:07 PM >

(in reply to Spartacus)
Post #: 38
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 15/4/2007 12:18:08 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

Dont want Sven , his style of management-

Style of management?  As in sucessful?  I see what you mean that certainly wouldn't be welcome at Newcastle, the question is would the fans actually recognise it?

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 39
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 15/4/2007 2:31:07 PM   
Beno

quote:

quote:

Style of management?  As in sucessful?  I see what you mean that certainly wouldn't be welcome at Newcastle, the question is would the fans actually recognise it?

HOW PREDICTABLE BOB !! NO I MEANT FROM MY OWN POINT OF VIEW
AS IN : I LIKE THE ATTACKING WING PLAY STYLE , NOT REALLY SVEN
THAT IS IT? SURE HES BEEN A SUCCESS IM NOT SAYING OTHERWISE , ITS JUST
"MY PREFERENCE ".

Post #: 40
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 15/4/2007 3:24:22 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

quote:

quote:

HOW PREDICTABLE BOB !! NO I MEANT FROM MY OWN POINT OF VIEW
AS IN : I LIKE THE ATTACKING WING PLAY STYLE , NOT REALLY SVEN
THAT IS IT? SURE HES BEEN A SUCCESS IM NOT SAYING OTHERWISE , ITS JUST
"MY PREFERENCE ".

No need to shout!

Sven has always played a 4-4-2 system with out and out wingers.   He paid a fortune for players like Claudio Lopez he side also had Pevel Nedved both wide players. He also signed players like Veron, Sorin, Crespo, Boksic, Vieri.  All the types of players Newcastle fans would love.
I'm not saying you shouldn't have your preference but don't judge Sven on the England team, this is club football. Yes his teams are defensively strong but he then compliments them with the Veron's Nedved's. Crespo's of this world and he would do a great job for Newcastle. The problem for England is that we don't have anyone with the talent of Veron in centre midfield, no striker as lethal as Crespo and certainly no wide players as creative as Nedved and Lopez.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 41
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 15/4/2007 8:31:30 PM   
Beno

OK , Bob first off wasnt shouting so peace yeah secondly yes he has employed the tactics you say but i worry about different formations like the "diamond" which i hate .
Also i want stability at the club , stick with Roeder i say unless we get off to a bad start next term and lose our first 5 games or summat . I want certain types of players that will play well and get results to be purchased , over that of a big name manager .
                                               peace Bob .

< Message edited by Beno -- 15/4/2007 8:32:26 PM >

Post #: 42
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 15/4/2007 11:25:23 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

Also i want stability at the club , stick with Roeder i say unless we get off to a bad start next term and lose our first 5 games or summat . I want certain types of players that will play well and get results to be purchased , over that of a big name manager .

But isn't giving a manager million in the summer only to sack him after 5 games what you did last year? 
Newcastle need stability but Roeder is a brilliant youth coach but not a manager.  Get him to move back to the acadamy and get a credible coach in.
Personally I would go with somelike Big Sam, yes again his style of play has been critised but he has been limited in what talent he can attract. What I am interested in is how he progress' teams top to bottom and this is what Newcastle need.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 43
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 30/4/2007 7:00:29 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

Personally I would go with somelike Big Sam, yes again his style of play has been critised but he has been limited in what talent he can attract. What I am interested in is how he progress' teams top to bottom and this is what Newcastle need.

Your prophecy could come true Bob.

Here's wishing Mr Owen the best if he makes a return tonight. I hope he'll return to his past best.

Post #: 44
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 17/5/2007 4:55:42 PM   
Beno

With the clearout Big Sam has just had - all defenders and a goalie - it seems obvious that one aspect of NUFC is going to get a good seeing too re : the back 4 . Ben Haims contract is up in the Summer and i think hes better than all that have just left , could he be following his old boss??

< Message edited by Beno -- 17/5/2007 4:57:20 PM >

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 45
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 17/5/2007 5:07:35 PM   
Beno

Any Toon fans on this forum.... come on .... serious chat rather than ridicule .
OH WAIT......Brambles gone!!

< Message edited by Beno -- 17/5/2007 5:08:09 PM >

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 46
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 17/5/2007 6:03:15 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

I would expect a good 15 Million to be spend on that defence in the summer.  It is still around half what is needed to get you challenging the top 4 but hopefully Sam is on a 3 year plan.  By the end of this contract I think he is aiming to have a side that the fans desire. The interesting thing will be will the fans give him this time.

Still thought only a 3 year deal was a strange move on Freddys part I would of not offered less than a 5. You need to know you have the time to complete a job like this properly.  I think Martins and Owen could leave in the summer.  Owen will only stay if none of the big 4 come in for him which will be Newcastles saving grace.

United - I don't think they will trust his injury record plus they know they can wait for the January Transfer window he won't be cup tied in Europe.

Chelsea - Don't need him and have no interest in him

Liverpool - I don't know if he suits their style of play now, and I don't think Rafa is a fan deep down.

Arsenal -  They could do with him but is he an Arsenal type player?  Arsene is also saying he doesn't need anyone with RvP and Henry coming back.  Personally I think it would be a good move but I can't see it.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 47
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 17/5/2007 7:09:14 PM   
Beno

Dont think we have 15 mill. Bob cos Freddies not saying how much Sam can have to spend . If it was that much or more than 15 mill. youd think he would say to keep the fans happy . There is talk of Sol Campbell and Senderos , not sure what to think of those rumours . Myself im a fan of the Portugese right-back Miguel .

< Message edited by Beno -- 17/5/2007 7:10:24 PM >

Post #: 48
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 17/5/2007 7:58:09 PM   
My Life in Pictures

quote:

Dont think we have 15 mill. Bob cos Freddies not saying how much Sam can have to spend . If it was that much or more than 15 mill. youd think he would say to keep the fans happy . There is talk of Sol Campbell and Senderos , not sure what to think of those rumours . Myself im a fan of the Portugese right-back Miguel .

It's never smart to reveal your budget. Suddenly you'll find everybody who you're after costing 15 million.

I don't want Arsenal to sell Senderos. He's going to be a big player for us in the future. Captain material if I ever saw it.

There's rumours that you may get Freddie Ljungberg from us on a free transfer.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 49
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 17/5/2007 8:34:48 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

I'll wager that Newcastle will spend more than 25 Million in this close season.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 50
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 17/5/2007 9:42:47 PM   
pettsy

quote:

ORIGINAL: My Life in Pictures

There's rumours that you may get Freddie Ljungberg from us on a free transfer.

I'd be happy with that.  And Titus Bramble...about bloody time!

That is all.

(in reply to My Life in Pictures)
Post #: 51
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 18/5/2007 11:18:50 AM   
Skiba

I can see a few following Sam from Bolton...Ben Haim someone already mentioned but I reckon Nolan and maybe Diouf as well

Priority for Sam though is to keep hold of Parker, Owen & Emre...Martins on the other hand whilst he's a player of obvious great potential he's got serious attitude problems so I would say no great loss if he goes

(in reply to pettsy)
Post #: 52
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 18/5/2007 11:24:58 AM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

I can see a few following Sam from Bolton...Ben Haim someone already mentioned but I reckon Nolan and maybe Diouf as well

Priority for Sam though is to keep hold of Parker, Owen & Emre...Martins on the other hand whilst he's a player of obvious great potential he's got serious attitude problems so I would say no great loss if he goes

This is the same Martins who scored 17 goals for you this season right?

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 53
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 18/5/2007 12:57:29 PM   
Skiba

quote:

ORIGINAL: theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

This is the same Martins who scored 17 goals for you this season right?

I'm not a Toon fan...just expressing an opinion!

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 54
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 24/5/2007 10:24:33 AM   
Spartacus

Well, the Halls have sold their shares to an English Billionaire who is now trying to buy out the club, although wether Jabba the Hutt will make things harder for him or not is debatable as NUFC is his personal piggy bank. On one hand I'm glad the Halls are out as it means there is a chance the Jabba will sell and hopefully sod off out the country for the reast of his life, but on the other hand I'm still not sure if this will be a good move.

The Emperor... wants to conquer outer space. Yoda... wants to explore inner space. That's the fundamental difference between the light and dark side of the force.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 55
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 24/5/2007 11:55:35 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spartacus

Well, the Halls have sold their shares to an English Billionaire who is now trying to buy out the club, although wether Jabba the Hutt will make things harder for him or not is debatable as NUFC is his personal piggy bank. On one hand I'm glad the Halls are out as it means there is a chance the Jabba will sell and hopefully sod off out the country for the reast of his life, but on the other hand I'm still not sure if this will be a good move.

How much does Sheppard pay himself?  I really am at a loss to explain why Newcastle fans give him such a hard time. All he seems to do is bankroll managers, swap managers when the crowd start screaming for blood and then appoints who the fans want.  The only time he went against this is with Souness and the fans soon got their own way.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Spartacus)
Post #: 56
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 24/5/2007 12:01:14 PM   
theram05

quote:

quote:

How much does Sheppard pay himself?  I really am at a loss to explain why Newcastle fans give him such a hard time. All he seems to do is bankroll managers, swap managers when the crowd start screaming for blood and then appoints who the fans want.  The only time he went against this is with Souness and the fans soon got their own way.

Yea I dont think Freddy is the worst, however I would be a bit afraid were I a NUFC fan, seems like the Club is in a world of debt yet Freddy keeps spending money. I'm not au fait with the goings on of the Club but are they possibly a LUFC waiting to happen to some extent?

Post #: 57
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 24/5/2007 12:25:01 PM   
Walter_Kovacs

quote:

quote:

Oh, I don't know Bob maybe it's because he slags off the players, slags of the women of Newcastle, calls the loyal NUFC fanbase stupid for paying over the odds on NUFC merchandise, keeping details of players contracts and such from Bobby Robson then sacking him for no apparent reason only a few weeks after they both agreed that Robson would retire at the end of the season, that whole 1998 New of the World expose thing, being more interested in big names and big money than training facilites, youth development, scouting, physio and replacing Robson with Souness, trying to kick season tickets holders out of their seats to make way for corporate hospitality boxes... I could go on and on.

Post #: 58
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 24/5/2007 12:53:54 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Walter_Kovacs

quote:

quote:

Oh, I don't know Bob maybe it's because he slags off the players, slags of the women of Newcastle, calls the loyal NUFC fanbase stupid for paying over the odds on NUFC merchandise, keeping details of players contracts and such from Bobby Robson then sacking him for no apparent reason only a few weeks after they both agreed that Robson would retire at the end of the season, that whole 1998 New of the World expose thing, being more interested in big names and big money than training facilites, youth development, scouting, physio and replacing Robson with Souness, trying to kick season tickets holders out of their seats to make way for corporate hospitality boxes... I could go on and on.

Not really heard about most of them.  Anyway its lunch so I'll just took into my "shut the fuck up" sandwich which has just arrived.

Carry on.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Walter_Kovacs)
Post #: 59
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 24/5/2007 12:57:01 PM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: Walter_Kovacs

quote:

quote:

Thats quite a list....

(in reply to Walter_Kovacs)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI