Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! - 28/3/2007 11:51:52 AM   
Beno

CANT FIND ANOTHER THREAD FOR NEWCASTLE UTD SO HERE GOES.

LIKE TO KNOW WHAT TOON FANS THINK IN GENERAL BOUT EVERYTHING
THAT IS NUFC. I MYSELF AM GETTING SLIGHTLY EXCITED WITH REGARDS TO NEXT SEASON IF OWEN STAYS FIT AND COS OF SOME OF THE SOLID TRANSFER TARGETS OFFICIALLY BEING CHASED......... COME ON!!!!

< Message edited by Beno -- 20/10/2011 9:29:52 AM >

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"
Post #: 1
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 28/3/2007 12:06:19 PM   
borstal

ah the eternal optimism of Tha Toon.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 2
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 28/3/2007 12:08:19 PM   
Felix

The easiest way to find out what other Newcastle fans on here think is to PM bellucci's bra....

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 3
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 28/3/2007 12:08:41 PM   
Beno

NEARLY MEN NO MORE ............BELIEVE IT.........I CAN FEEL THE LOVE.........
ITS COMING ........... JUST YOU WAIT.

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 4
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 28/3/2007 12:42:21 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

CANT FIND ANOTHER THREAD FOR NEWCASTLE UTD SO HERE GOES.

Give it a couple of more seasons and you can post in my Championship and worse thread.
Newcastle hit their high when Shearer first signed. Asprilla is just a distant dream........

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 5
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 28/3/2007 2:12:24 PM   
matty_b

I'm always torn with Newcastle - I can't stand all this "best fans in the world" bollocks, as if they deserve more success than any other sets of fans. Having said that, I've got a few friends who are Toon fans, so I'd like to see them do well for them, and I loved watching them under Keegan,

It doesn't help that they have one of the the most odious chairman in the premiership - Freddy "I'm King of the Geordies, me pet" Shepered. His endless bollocks about Newcastle being one of the top 10 teams in Europe and thinking that Glenn Roeder "could be a Geordie" pisses me off no end.

If Newcastle want to do well, they need to be a) realistic and b) stop thinking they'll get instant success. Their UEFA cup run was actually very good considering their resources, so all this grumbling about getting Roeder out is complete shite. What he's done with them this season is a near miracle, and they need to give him time and money to invest for the long time. They should have never sacked Robson, and while Roeder may not be a long term solution, he deserves a shot at next season at the very least, and all this crap about Shearer being the messiah in waiting needs to stop too.

They need to make good, solid buys, and not just fancy signings that are big names but offer nowt for solidarity *damienduffahem*. They need to stop thinking they're a born champions league side, and concentrate on giving Roeder the time and funds he needs to make them a constant top 8 side first.

< Message edited by matty_b -- 28/3/2007 2:13:20 PM >

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 6
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 28/3/2007 6:50:39 PM   
My Life in Pictures

Here's the new Newcastle home kit. Can't say that I'm impressed. It seems as if someone just cut up a few of the previous kits and sewn them together.

< Message edited by My Life in Pictures -- 28/3/2007 6:51:21 PM >

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 7
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 28/3/2007 7:54:56 PM   
pettsy

First, I'd like to point out many Toon fans can post without shouting.

I've been a Newcastle fan for about 13 years, probably since I started watching football.  They didn't win anything major but by goodness they played football that was exciting to watch.

A big problem we have at the moment is the board to be honest, especially Freddie Shephard as mentioned before.  The way he has weaselled back into the boardroom since he was rightly ousted for Mary Poppins-gate amazes me, same goes for Douglas Hall. 

There's a lot of talk at the moment about Roeder keeping the seat warm for Alan Shearer when he starts managing.  I think that would be a bad move; don't get me wrong, the man is a legend, but to be honest we relied on him and worshipped him far too much as a player, so much that the team was essentially built around him.  He was a great asset, but its time to move on.

(in reply to My Life in Pictures)
Post #: 8
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 29/3/2007 11:21:21 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

If you look at the Newcastle players they are only a few away from having a very good midtable side.

Given, Harper,  Taylor, Ramage, Solano, Emre, Luque, Dyer, Martins, Owen, Duff, N'Zogbia, Milner, Parker, Butt.

Not a bad 15 shame there are only 2 defenders.

Given
BUY A FOOKING DEFENCE FAT FRED FOR GODSSAKE

Milner/Solano    Parker/Butt   Emre/Dyer         N'Zogbia/Duff

Luque/Martins/Owen

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to pettsy)
Post #: 9
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 29/3/2007 7:42:55 PM   
Kyle_R_

You missed out Ameobi and Sibierski, they've done us a canny job when they've played.

I'm glad we have got Gooch, but its going to take a good few more solid defenders to shape up for the long term.

Babayaro, Bramble, Carr, Luque: I will be glad to see the back of those twats. I'm really not sure what Luque expected when he came here (other than a ridiculous wage packet each week) but its one of our biggest flops, and that saying something. It goes without saying the defenders need to be replaced badly, if Given had a half-decent defence in front of him we would look  like a completely different team, almost every goal we concede come from a stupid individual error, or just cos our whole back 4 find themselves in the most unorganized positions and become a mess.

http://www.last.fm/user/I-Am-Scientist

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 10
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 30/3/2007 12:04:11 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kyle_R_

You missed out Ameobi and Sibierski, they've done us a canny job when they've played.

I'm glad we have got Gooch, but its going to take a good few more solid defenders to shape up for the long term.

Babayaro, Bramble, Carr, Luque: I will be glad to see the back of those twats. I'm really not sure what Luque expected when he came here (other than a ridiculous wage packet each week) but its one of our biggest flops, and that saying something. It goes without saying the defenders need to be replaced badly, if Given had a half-decent defence in front of him we would look  like a completely different team, almost every goal we concede come from a stupid individual error, or just cos our whole back 4 find themselves in the most unorganized positions and become a mess.

No I missed them out because I think they are shit and should be replaced.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

(in reply to Kyle_R_)
Post #: 11
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 30/3/2007 2:38:26 PM   
Kyle_R_

Seriously? worse than Luque?

Ameobi helped us so much at the beginning of the season when Martins wasn't quite ready and Rossi wasn't really being used, scored us a good amount of goals before his injury. And Sibierski is one of the only players that gives his all in every game, his linkup play with the midfield and strike partner has been one of our brightest spots this season.

I do agree that they could be replaced, but Luque is priority to go, Shola and Sibierski actually want to play for Newcastle and try hard and get their jobs done.

Post #: 12
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 1/4/2007 6:33:05 PM   
Beno

What the hell happened yesterday , they infuriate me bigstyle sometimes , trying hard only after going behind , happens too often SJP SHOULD BE A GODDAM FORTRESS.

(in reply to Kyle_R_)
Post #: 13
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 2/4/2007 3:24:20 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

Firstly hope you keep playing shit just for Saturday.

I would really like a strong Newcastle and Sunderland side in the Premiership. The sooner Sunderland return the better bringing their 49,000 capacity back to the Premiership. I thought it was great when both side were going at it in the top 6 and the fan bases deserve top teams.

While on the subject of capacities this story from the Beeb

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/6517989.stm

300 Million to increase SJP to only 60,000.  Isn't that only 8000 more than they get now?  Surely for all that cash (and I know a lot of it is in the hotel and corporate), but I would think they should be looking more around the 80,000.  They are still getting 52,000 and the football they have played for the past 3-4 years has been gash.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 14
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 2/4/2007 3:26:37 PM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: My Life in Pictures

Here's the new Newcastle home kit. Can't say that I'm impressed. It seems as if someone just cut up a few of the previous kits and sewn them together.

Thats not bad imo, but who's the guy wearing it?

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to My Life in Pictures)
Post #: 15
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 2/4/2007 3:27:31 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: My Life in Pictures

Thats not bad imo, but who's the guy wearing it?

I think he scored a single goal against Argentina once. Can't remember much more than that.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 16
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 2/4/2007 3:27:51 PM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

If you look at the Newcastle players they are only a few away from having a very good midtable side.

Given, Harper,  Taylor, Ramage, Solano, Emre, Luque, Dyer, Martins, Owen, Duff, N'Zogbia, Milner, Parker, Butt.

Not a bad 15 shame there are only 2 defenders.

Given
BUY A FOOKING DEFENCE FAT FRED FOR GODSSAKE

Milner/Solano    Parker/Butt   Emre/Dyer         N'Zogbia/Duff

Luque/Martins/Owen

But they've got Titus, snigger, snigger....

Poor Shay, one of lifes great tragedies that he's stuck up there, cant understand why he wont just bloody leave!

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

Post #: 17
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 2/4/2007 3:29:02 PM   
theram05

quote:

I think he scored a single goal against Argentina once. Can't remember much more than that.

lol.

To be fair, one of Englands only truly World Class player in the past 15 years and one half of the strike force that will resurrect English hopes.

Post #: 18
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 2/4/2007 3:37:52 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

quote:

lol.

To be fair, one of Englands only truly World Class player in the past 15 years and one half of the strike force that will resurrect English hopes.

Yep I can see that Owen, Crouch partnership dragging England kicking and screaming into the European Championships.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 19
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 2/4/2007 3:41:36 PM   
theram05

quote:

Yep I can see that Owen, Crouch partnership dragging England kicking and screaming into the European Championships.

Aw Bob tell me you rate Crouch, cmon, the guy is really really good, far better than the beanstalk tag he was lumbered with some time ago.

By the way, I see Freddie has decided his team doesnt need a defence and is going to spend the cash elsewhere...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/6517989.stm

Post #: 20
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 2/4/2007 4:06:23 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

quote:

Aw Bob tell me you rate Crouch, cmon, the guy is really really good, far better than the beanstalk tag he was lumbered with some time ago.

By the way, I see Freddie has decided his team doesnt need a defence and is going to spend the cash elsewhere...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/6517989.stm

I posted that 6 posts previous   Heavy weekend mate

No actually in the orange place I was saying how much I'd like Sheffield United to sign him when he was been farmed out in the Championship. I think he is an effective Premiership player,  I don't think he should be a first teamer in any of the top 4 as I think there are better all round players available who actually have a turn of pace above amble.
As for England I would have him in every squad on the bench, if things aren't going well throw him on for the last 25 mins.

While on the NUFC thing who's going to be the manager next year. Surely Roeder is going to be given the chop.  Youth scouting and development he is one of the best in the country as a manager he rates below Steve Claridge.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 21
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 2/4/2007 4:53:46 PM   
Beno

LOOKS LIKE I STARTED A THREAD THAT JUST GIVES EVERYONE FREE LICENCE TO HAVE A GO AT NUFC , OH WELL NAY WORRIES .

I LIVE IN SHEFFIELD AND WILL BE AT BRAMALL LANE NEXT WEEKEND TO SEE THE VISIT OF MY BELOVED NUFC . IF THE TOON WIN AND CHARLTON WIN THEN SUFC WILL GO INTO BOTTOM 3...... JEEEZUS .....AND I LIVE IN SHEFFIELD?? MIGHT BE WHERE I PERISH TOO , SOONER RATHER THAN LATER .
JUST CAUGHT THE STORY BOUT SJP GETTING ANOTHER UPGRADE , WELL LETS HAVE A SQUAD TO MATCH THE GROUND THEN FREDDIE. IF WE HAVE ONE OF THE BEST GROUNDS IN THE PREMIERSHIP WE NEED TO BE ONE OF THE BEST PLACED TEAMS ALSO OR WE COULD END UP BEING ANOTHER
SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY OR LEEDS UTD.
YEAH WE HAVE OWEN , PARKER , MILNER AND GIVEN BUT WE NEED EXTRA QUALITY .

Post #: 22
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 2/4/2007 4:54:46 PM   
Felix

Has the caps lock broken on your keyboard?

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 23
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 2/4/2007 4:59:15 PM   
Beno

No Felix Brave and Selfless its called Beno Lazy and Sowhat?

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 24
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 3/4/2007 11:43:55 PM   
Kyle_R_

I noticed that mega upgrade for SJP, seems like its a lot more than stadium expansion, with luxury hotels and conference centre etc. News sites just seemed to pick up on the 60,000 part but the official site gave a lot of info including 3d models of what they expect it all to look like, not sure where all this room is coming from to be honest! CLICK

I am one of the few really pleased with Roeder if I'm being honest, although I still admit that he must go in order for us to push forward. Since he has been with the club for years as the youth coach he obviously knew the players already and more importantly (with our injuries) he knew the youngsters more than anybody else, I don't think many others would have been able to scrape through these rough patches like he has done. It could have been a much worse season considering we went for months when every game we seemd to have at least 8 starters out injured, but at least we have a few promising youngsters after the end of it.

On another note, it looks like that 300m isn't all the money fat Freddy has got hidden away, he has promised a summer spending spree to strengthen our squad, hopefully that means at least 6 defenders!! cos thats what we need to strengthen the most embarrassing defence the Prem has seen for the last few years. CLICK

< Message edited by Kyle_R_ -- 3/4/2007 11:49:49 PM >

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 25
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 4/4/2007 10:04:15 AM   
Beno

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kyle_R_

I noticed that mega upgrade for SJP, seems like its a lot more than stadium expansion, with luxury hotels and conference centre etc. News sites just seemed to pick up on the 60,000 part but the official site gave a lot of info including 3d models of what they expect it all to look like, not sure where all this room is coming from to be honest! CLICK

I am one of the few really pleased with Roeder if I'm being honest, although I still admit that he must go in order for us to push forward. Since he has been with the club for years as the youth coach he obviously knew the players already and more importantly (with our injuries) he knew the youngsters more than anybody else, I don't think many others would have been able to scrape through these rough patches like he has done. It could have been a much worse season considering we went for months when every game we seemd to have at least 8 starters out injured, but at least we have a few promising youngsters after the end of it.

On another note, it looks like that 300m isn't all the money fat Freddy has got hidden away, he has promised a summer spending spree to strengthen our squad, hopefully that means at least 6 defenders!! cos thats what we need to strengthen the most embarrassing defence the Prem has seen for the last few years. CLICK

Cheers Kyle_R_ I have to say im feeling optimistic bout next season but then im an eternal
one. Id like Roeder to stay at least to see how we get underway next season . We had a great run in Europe with him and all too often , as is the case with Toon fans , any little blip is greatly exagerrated which in turn gets negative feedback and attitudes . So the long unbeaten run in Europe is even seen as a failure when , in fact , we should embrace these times and use them to our advantage .
I still say we need a squad to match the ground we have ,at the moment we lack some quality and physicality . If we are getting an even bigger ground capacity we 100% need TOP TOP players at SJP. If this happens then my eternal optimism will have been well worth it.

< Message edited by Beno -- 4/4/2007 10:08:16 AM >

(in reply to Kyle_R_)
Post #: 26
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 4/4/2007 12:24:34 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

I'd like Roeder to stay at least to see how we get underway next season . We had a great run in Europe with him and all too often , as is the case with Toon fans , any little blip is greatly exagerrated which in turn gets negative feedback and attitudes . So the long unbeaten run in Europe is even seen as a failure when , in fact , we should embrace these times and use them to our advantage .

Why Roeder has spend a lot of money and has got you 7 points of relegation.  You are only fortunate that there are so many poor sides in the division this season. Watford, Charlton, West Ham, Sheffield United, Fulham, Man City, Wigan are all poor sides with West Ham excluded no real spending power.
The logic to give Roeder the close season, where the majoirty of players transfers are done and then see how he goes is asking for trouble. A new manager with Roeders players, the big money spend and no one to move in until January. 
Fred need to cut Roeder at the end of the season and offer him his job at Youth Development back. Get a new man in as soon as the season finishes and put his plans into place.  Oh and the UEFA cup is a noddy cup which doesn't really allow you to proove anything. The league is the real measure of how you are performing and frankly it isn't good enough.  Just ask the fans the attendances for the UEFA cup were well down.

quote:

I still say we need a squad to match the ground we have ,at the moment we lack some quality and physicality . If we are getting an even bigger ground capacity we 100% need TOP TOP players at SJP. If this happens then my eternal optimism will have been well worth it.

Don't get ahead of yourselves here. You can't get 100% top players at the moment. You need to look to good young players with quality experience to put you into a top 6 side.  Then you can push on, its no good running before you can walk. You aren't a big enough club to attract top name players, however because of the infrastructure in place and because of Fat Fred (who is very unfairly treated by Newcastle fans) you could attract a big name manager.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 27
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 4/4/2007 2:07:11 PM   
theram05

Listen, any team who actually paid money for Titus and Boumsong has no interest in anything other than midtable obscurity.

Post #: 28
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 5/4/2007 11:34:16 AM   
Spartacus

The stadium expansion and wotnot are not being funded by NUFC, rather a consortium of sorts, so any money spent on there won't be to the disadvantage of the team.

There are reports that Sidwell wants to join us at the end of this season as he is out of contract, could be a good signing. But more than anything we need a new back line, Taylor is a good little player but needs to learn some restraint, he's costing us games at the minute. Given, bless him, seems to be the only one playing for the badge lately and without him we would be in relegation territory right now. When Owen comes back next season, him and martins up front will scare the shite out of the opposition defence with their pace and attacking ability.

Like I said, if we can get some half decent defenders in the transfer window then we stand a good chance of finishing higher than this season.

We can't sack Roeder, no matter what people say. Yes there are better managers out there, but sacking Roeder just because we aren't as high as we would like is daft. Would Man Utd be the team they are today if Ferguson was sacked all those years ago when they weren't doing too good? I say keep Roeder and give him enough money to buy some new players in and get rid off some of the driftwood, as it stands we actuslly have a very good team.

Given

Defence

Milner      Parker      Dyer      Duff

Martins      Owen (when back)

You can always sub Milner for Solano, Duff for N'Zogbia and Sibs can always play in midfield or attack to mix it up a bit. Plus Both Milner and Duff can play either wing.

If we sell, Luque, Babayaro, Carr, Bramble, Emre and Butt, then bought in enough replacements, say 5 defenders, a couple of midfielders and a striker.

The Emperor... wants to conquer outer space. Yoda... wants to explore inner space. That's the fundamental difference between the light and dark side of the force.

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 29
RE: NUFC TOON 2006/07. - 8/4/2007 5:49:55 PM   
Beno

Went to the match at Bramall Lane yesterday and had to sit in the middle of SUFCs cop end . I felt like i was in the middle of the battle of Helms Deep or summat but it was well worth it .

(in reply to Spartacus)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> Newcastle United ... Cabaye .. Way aye! Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI