Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Hellboy

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: Hellboy Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Hellboy - 14/9/2007 12:01:45 AM   
Zaphod121

i'm curious, is there an actual release date yet for Hellboy 2?

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to mafyou)
Post #: 61
RE: Hellboy - 15/9/2007 2:13:04 PM   
Kazuya

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

i'm curious, is there an actual release date yet for Hellboy 2?

I think the release date of the 11th of July 2008 still stands, that goes for both the UK and the States

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 62
RE: Hellboy - 17/9/2007 9:21:43 PM   
Zaphod121

Good, don't wanna have to wait ages and ages like we did last time

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 63
RE: Hellboy - 9/10/2007 10:35:39 AM   
DAVID GILLESPIE

I'm really looking forward to the sequel. I thought the nazi villain was extremely creepy and enjoyed the last (but agonizingly brief) standoff between him and Red. The original movie just misses being my favourite movie of this genre - perhaps the sequel will rectify this. I hope Hellboy's governmental superior is back in the new one. I liked the friction between the two.

Cludge Judge * Cold Fish

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 64
RE: Hellboy - 10/10/2007 3:40:42 PM   
Mabs

Guileermo Del Toro has to be one of my most favourite directors, period. His visual style, his love for clocks and monsters, everything is just genius! Also, his commentaries are funny as hell,Listen to his recent Pans Labyrinth commentary "Horses are dangerous Motha***as"!! - also Blade 2 "Michael Bolton"!! and of course Hell Boy. I cant wait for Hellboy 2, the closest other director, interms of visual style and wit to guilermo- i must say is Tim Burton - another mad hatter!!

(in reply to BobM70)
Post #: 65
RE: Hellboy - 18/10/2007 10:42:04 PM   
Cludgejudge

Del Toro is a refreshing director. He seems to bring life and originality to both his commercial and art-house releases. He reminds me ever so slightly to Terry Gilliam but has been more consistent in his work. I don't think he has had one 'howler'?
Hellboy is overlooked by many, with the bulk of the praise going to projects such as Spiderman 2 and Batman Begins. The latter are great movies but Hellboy is a character driven piece with a superb turn from Ron Perlman in the lead.
My only gripe is that the Nazi assasain (his name eludes me) is in so few scenes in the movie.

(in reply to Mabs)
Post #: 66
RE: Hellboy - 19/3/2009 9:41:38 AM   
Timon

Got Hellboy 2 for Christmas and while it's not (in my opinion) as good as the first, I really enjoyed it. Especially the animated prologue as Broom tells the legend of the Golden Army to the young Hellboy.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Cludgejudge)
Post #: 67
RE: Hellboy - 19/3/2009 9:48:30 AM   
mafyou

I much preferred The Golden Army. I always liked the first but I just felt the second one felt more like a confident film. Some fantastic visuals to boot!

Et In Arcadia Ego

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 68
RE: Hellboy - 19/3/2009 3:05:51 PM   
darth silas

I thought the first Hellboy movie was pretty forgettable and had low expectations going in to the cinema to see Hellboy 2 but i absolutely loved it! Miles better than the original with much better action and a great villain even if its Luke goss playing pretty much the same character he did in Blade 2.

< Message edited by darth silas -- 19/3/2009 3:06:22 PM >

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to mafyou)
Post #: 69
RE: Hellboy - 19/3/2009 8:52:24 PM   
Zaphod121

Love Hellboy 1 (after all I did start this thread) but also thought 2 was much better, loved the whole fantasy feel to it.

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 70
HELLBOY - 22/9/2010 2:16:05 PM   
Snake-Eyes

I'm currently re-watching some Del Toro films; watched BLADE II the other night (after watching TRINITY on CH4) and I'm watching HELLBOY II mitt commentary right now; Great Film. Johann Krauss is HILARIOUS! Both HELLBOY films are just brilliant and still rather underrated IMO.

Personally, I'd rather see a HELLBOY 3 than some RINGS prequel....

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 71
RE: HELLBOY - 22/9/2010 2:23:55 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

I'm currently re-watching some Del Toro films; watched BLADE II the other night (after watching TRINITY on CH4) and I'm watching HELLBOY II mitt commentary right now; Great Film. Johann Krauss is HILARIOUS! Both HELLBOY films are just brilliant and still rather underrated IMO.

Personally, I'd rather see a HELLBOY 3 than some RINGS prequel....

I really need to re watch and reassess  these I think. The books are pretty much my favourite comics ever published but the films seems to be lacking the macabre spirit of them though. But it’s been a good while since I watched, so need to get on it me thinks! Absolutely loved Luke Goss in Golden Army! From Bros to absolute badass… and they said it couldn’t be done . I found his character not only really, really cool but utterly believable in his motives and sympathetic to boot. Hope Del Toro keeps throwing work his way. And being English surely he deserves a part in At the Mountains of Madness.

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 72
RE: HELLBOY & HELLBOY II - 16/6/2012 1:05:56 AM   
Zaphod121

Just re-watched both of these recently and still adore them, the troll market sequence in particular in part 2 is great, you can look in any corner of the frame and something is always going on.

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 73
RE: HELLBOY & HELLBOY II - 16/6/2012 9:36:02 AM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

Just re-watched both of these recently and still adore them, the troll market sequence in particular in part 2 is great, you can look in any corner of the frame and something is always going on.

That really is an awesome scene! It very remeniscent of the Mos Eisley Cantina scene; full of all sorts of wonderful, barmy creatures! There's so much detail in the Troll market scene, like you mentioned you can spot something new with every viewing.

By the way, thanks for digging up my thread - I was looking for it the other day!

EDIT: Eh! Hold on! Its YOUR Thread! I remember opening a HELLBOY & HELLBOY II thread aswell
The other thread was titled 'Hellboy'! Hmmmm

< Message edited by Nexus Wookie -- 16/6/2012 9:55:32 AM >

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 74
RE: HELLBOY & HELLBOY II - 16/6/2012 10:48:52 AM   
Zaphod121

Yeah I just changed the tittle of this one.

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 75
RE: HELLBOY & HELLBOY II - 16/6/2012 11:05:15 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

The two Hellboy films were great in the sense of, not only are they strongly written and directed films, but also on the fact that the visual depth was akin to those classic Fantasy film many moons ago.

Yes there are slight issues with how certain characters are differentiated from there comic counterparts i.e. Mignola's Hellboy is allot more philosophically grounded and less of a brute, while Abe Sapien is also slightly more robust and Human in the Comics/Graphic Novels.

Arguably Del Toro's finest recent works to date though.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 16/6/2012 11:42:21 AM >

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 76
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: Hellboy Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI