Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Chronicles of Riddick

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: Chronicles of Riddick Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - 15/4/2009 10:50:34 AM   
genejoke

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

Considering how the last one ended I don't see them starting from scratch.

Unless they do a (sigh) prequel.

I dunno  - start the film with the Necromongers throwing him off the ship. Same shit, different day type deal.

Or just have an adventure - no need to call it a sequel or prequel. Just another Riddick film.

Anyone see the animated film? Any good?

Dark fury?  yeah was pretty good but very short.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 151
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - 16/4/2009 11:57:31 AM   
Timon

Vin speaks on Riddick 3! From an interview with Moviehole last week:

''Well, you remember when I had talked about Riddick, I talked about Riddick as being The Fellowship in the Tolkien series'', asks Diesel. ''So I was using Pitch Black as Hobbit as the independent story that introduces you to the world of Middle Earth, and then taking the Chronicles of Riddick and treating it as a trilogy that goes from the story that you saw to the underverse and ultimately to Furia in the third film''. David Twohy is currently writing the new film. ''It's hot, but to answer your question specifically about the scaled down aspect, yes. There is a scaled down portion of this that goes back to the Pitch Black style of telling the story''. ''So if you think of Pitch Black as an introduction to the world. If you think of Lord of the Rings and I'm just using it as a parallel. You're thinking of Lord of the Rings, there are three books, a trilogy. You would think of The Chronicles of Riddick as the first in that trilogy and there will be two more to follow.''

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to genejoke)
Post #: 152
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - 12/2/2010 8:42:47 AM   
Timon

Riddick's back!

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=27010

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 153
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - 12/2/2010 8:46:59 AM   
Kazuya

I'll definitely be interested if it does indeed happen. Great character with lots of potential. And I liked Chronicles, but you knew that.

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 154
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - 12/2/2010 10:11:01 AM   
Timon

I just ordered the Director's Cut of Chronicles for 2.

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 155
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - 12/2/2010 10:13:41 AM   
butters411

In response to the title of this thread..... No it is not.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 156
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - 12/2/2010 2:36:57 PM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

''Well, you remember when I had talked about Riddick, I talked about Riddick as being The Fellowship in the Tolkien series'', asks Diesel. ''So I was using Pitch Black as Hobbit as the independent story that introduces you to the world of Middle Earth, and then taking the Chronicles of Riddick and treating it as a trilogy that goes from the story that you saw to the underverse and ultimately to Furia in the third film''. David Twohy is currently writing the new film. ''It's hot, but to answer your question specifically about the scaled down aspect, yes. There is a scaled down portion of this that goes back to the Pitch Black style of telling the story''. ''So if you think of Pitch Black as an introduction to the world. If you think of Lord of the Rings and I'm just using it as a parallel. You're thinking of Lord of the Rings, there are three books, a trilogy. You would think of The Chronicles of Riddick as the first in that trilogy and there will be two more to follow.''

That might just be the most absurd comparison I've ever heard.

Anyway... I watched Chronicles of Riddick again this week. Still love Riddick and still left with a tinge of dissatisfaction it wasn't made more of. I want another, please.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 157
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - 13/2/2010 8:40:21 PM   
hampstead bandit

I absolutely loved the Chronicle of Riddick on the first viewing, and have watched it many times since -I never understood the hatred for it, often from friends who had not actually seen it!

on Blu-Ray its a stunning watch, and Pitch Black on Blu-Ray is also a treat to watch again

(in reply to Jessica_ca_ca_ca)
Post #: 158
RE: The Riddick Films - 17/2/2010 8:46:31 AM   
Timon

The Hollywood Reporter reveals the first story details of the film:

Though billed as a back-to-basics approach to the character popularized by Diesel, the script features the character -- the most wanted man in the galaxy -- left for dead on a barren alien planet, dealing with "trisons" (three-legged bisons) and "mud demons." He must then contend with two squads of bounty hunters, one of which ride rockets called jetcycles.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 159
RE: The Riddick Films - 17/2/2010 3:12:18 PM   
Scott_

Sounds good apart from the three-legged Bison which doesn't sound very dangerous. Now, I'm no Bison expert but won't it have problems moving properly with just 3 legs?

Also will they be ignoring Chronicles? Because the ending was very cool.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 160
RE: The Riddick Films - 18/2/2010 2:47:12 PM   
Timon

Maybe it'll be a sequel to Pitch Black and a prequel to Chronicles... making Riddick still a wanted man, pursued by mercs and not leader of the Furions or whatever they were called.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 161
RE: The Riddick Films - 18/2/2010 8:45:26 PM   
darth silas

quote:

Maybe it'll be a sequel to Pitch Black and a prequel to Chronicles... making Riddick still a wanted man, pursued by mercs and not leader of the Furions or whatever they were called.

You could be right there.He was being pursued by bounty hunters at the start of Chronicles was he not? Maybe the new film will cover this time frame.I wouldnt mind a direct sequel to Chronicles though as i thought it was alright.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 162
RE: The Riddick Films - 14/4/2010 9:10:46 AM   
Timon

Some more script details. It will be a sequel to Chronicles.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=27582

< Message edited by Timon -- 14/4/2010 12:35:25 PM >

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 163
RE: The Riddick Films - 14/4/2010 9:56:23 AM   
gtm604

I guess misunderstood could be used to describe this movie. I think ultimately though it doesn't succeed. The material, ideas & themes were almost enough for two films and unfortunetly they tried to squeeze it into one. For that the script is particularly weak. Another thing to keep in mind is the complete shift in attitude, mood, setting, and characters (I give the sequel major credit for this attempt) but, for the casual filmgoer this film is almost devoid of anything that made up the original PITCH BLACK and what that film brought to the table. Comparing the two films is bit like comparing apples to oranges. They went so far, it almost feels as if they don't belong within the same series. They expanded the Riddick universe sufficiently yet they probably didn't see the fan base diminishing as it has with chronicles and more to the point Vin Diesel's career not flourishing as once predicted and look upon. XXX is an indicator of passed Diesel Projects that showed promise and later deterated into an ICE CUBE vehicle urgh! You know your career is in the downward spin when they go to a rapper turned actor instead of you.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 164
RE: The Riddick Films - 9/6/2011 1:28:02 PM   
Timon

Vin has essentially confirmed he is unleashing the fury(an) again...

https://www.facebook.com/VinDiesel

(in reply to gtm604)
Post #: 165
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - misunderstood?!?! - 5/10/2011 11:37:52 PM   
Nexus Wookie

*NOTE: following was taken from a review I did for The Chronicles of Riddick 2 Disc Special Edition; I feel it sums up perfectly my views on this wonderful film

I have to admit to having a soft spot for 'cheesy' or 'below-par' sci-fi! And so, The Chronicles of Riddick, alongside such futuristic fares such as Judge Dredd, Demolition Man and Doom, is one of handful of sci fi films which I love watching - almost as a secret guilty pleasure!

I am a self confessed sci-fi fanatic. And my favourite sci-fi films include such classics as Blade Runner, 2001, Star Wars (original trilogy), Alien and Aliens to name a few. These films are considered 'serious' or 'vital' film, and rightly so. But every once in a while I like to lose myself in a silly story line, cring worthy dialogue and shoddy effects, and The Chronicles of Riddick is a perfect example of a below-par sci-fi masterpiece! There are many problems with David Twohy's film , mainly the acting namely Karl Urban and Thandie Newton who are guilty of crimes against acting!

Riddick '' I bow to no man''
Vakko (Karl Urban); ''he's not a man, he's the holy Half-dead who has seen the UnderVerse''(!!!)

Dame Vakko (Newton) ; ''its a rare offer, a visit inside Necropolis''
Riddick ''its been a long time since I smelled beautiful'' (what?!!!)

Its difficult not to chuckle at dialogue of this calibre! But that is part of the fun of watching TCOR!

One of the main draws is to do with the main character of Richard B. Riddick, played by Vin Diesel with devilish aplomb. He stole the show in the first film (Pitch Black). Another key draw is Riddick's world.

David Twohy made a big decision to move away from the first films setting, i.e horror, and create the sequel in a whole different premise. From a creature flick in the first to an action film in this, in turn creating a whole new mythos to the Riddick character. In the first film we think he is from earth, but in the sequel, we learn he is a Furyan. A warrior race from another world other than earth. The worlds depicted in the film are another exciting draw, from New Mecca to Crematoria; the planet equivalent of hell. The latter is an exciting place indeed! The sunlight so potent it can burn you to cinders in a second! This is where Riddick is held in a maximum security prison below ground. His escape from this hellish abode is one of the stand out scenes from the film. As I stated esrlier, it is the creation of these fantastical worlds which are a huge plus for this movie. And Crematoria can stand proudly alongside side iconic sci-fi worlds such as Tatooine, Vulcan and Pandora.

All in all, The Chronicles of Riddick is a very enjoyable, action, sci-fi romp!

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to pablohoolio)
Post #: 166
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - 14/10/2011 3:18:01 PM   
Nexus Wookie

PS. Pitch Black and TCOR were the first sci-fi films to show the first Muslim in space!!!

< Message edited by Nexus Wookie -- 30/11/2012 9:15:27 AM >

(in reply to genejoke)
Post #: 167
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - 10/1/2012 9:34:49 AM   
Timon

Starbuck's joining Riddick! Yay.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=32833

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 168
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - 10/1/2012 9:36:50 AM   
Snake-Eyes

I tried to watch this film once, man... POOR. I'm yet to be convinced that Mr. Diesel is a decent leading man / action hero. I do wanna check out FAST FIVE soon.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 169
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - 10/1/2012 3:54:37 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Vin Diesel thinks he is a viable action star, he thinks he can be as good as the Swarzennegers, the Stallones, the Van Damme's, the Willies', but he is just not that charming enough - or not that good looking! Ha ha! I find Dwayne Johnson has more appeal action and 'acting' wise than him! He's only good action film was Pitch Black and Chronicles. Babylon A.D was a poor film.

I even felt he was miscast for Saving Private Ryan! As soon as i saw him i went 'what?'!!

But like i said, he was excellent in Pitch Black. As well as Riddick. And i'm quite looking forward to the prospects of seeing him take the role of Richard B. Riddick again!

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 170
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - 29/11/2012 1:15:08 PM   
Timon

RIDDICK!

(in reply to genejoke)
Post #: 171
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - 30/11/2012 9:14:29 AM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

RIDDICK!

WOW!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 172
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - 2/12/2012 9:11:35 AM   
kumar

quote:

This man is delusional.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 173
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - 2/12/2012 10:14:21 AM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

quote:

This man is delusional.

How dare you sir. I love that Vin is such a nerd, and is likely the driving force behind this movie....his passion project.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 174
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - misunderstood?!?! - 19/12/2012 12:44:49 PM   
cherrycole

Personally, I thought it was a great movie. Not as good as Pitch Black, but an interesting film nonetheless. I never understood the hatred either - perhaps becuase it didn't live up to all the hype and success of it's predecessor.

Download Dabangg 2 Full Movie Online

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 175
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - 25/2/2013 8:33:57 PM   
Timon

Between the time when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of. And unto this, Riddick, destined to wear the jeweled crown of Aquilonia upon a troubled brow....

(in reply to genejoke)
Post #: 176
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - 25/2/2013 8:36:49 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Bring it, can't wait. This movie should be awesome.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 177
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - 26/2/2013 4:56:29 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

Between the time when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of. And unto this, Riddick, destined to wear the jeweled crown of Aquilonia upon a troubled brow....

Is the quote and the accompanying pic from the forthcoming film, Timon? That looks like the ending of Riddick thas why i ask. But you know what? I cannot effing wait for this film.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 178
RE: Riddick - 26/2/2013 5:58:27 PM   
Timon

It's a pic from the new film and a paraphrased quote from Conan The Barbarian as it echoes the beginning of that movie.

(in reply to pablohoolio)
Post #: 179
RE: Riddick - 23/3/2013 12:04:14 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/vin-diesel-delivers-the-awesome-in-this-teaser-trailer-for-riddick

Looking good so far Vin!

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: Chronicles of Riddick Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI