Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Chronicles of Riddick - misunderstood?!?!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: Chronicles of Riddick - misunderstood?!?! Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - misunderstood?!?! - 31/1/2008 11:20:52 AM   
chewbacasnapsak

i'm with Twinkle, i've only seen the first half and it was gash, life is too short to waste on crap like this i turned it off.

i also think it takes a film fan to know when your flogging a dead horse without having to watch an entire movie.

< Message edited by chewbacasnapsak -- 31/1/2008 11:32:41 AM >

"who'd pay a million dollars to have me killed"
"jealous husbands, outraged chefs, humiliated tailors...the list is endless"

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 91
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - misunderstood?!?! - 31/1/2008 11:24:50 AM   
darthjim

Speaking as a designer, I can hand-on-heart state that the art design in Chronicles Of Riddick is wonderful. Seriously, seriously good. The special effects are very nice too and there's a cracking cast. It's all good.

Then the script "happened". Honestly, after the taut, well-paced and beautifully toned joy that was Pitch Black, what on earth was Twohy thinking? Apart, quite clearly, from "not enough". This should have been a tense sci-fi epic. Instead we have over-wrought dialogue, stupid sub-Warhammer naming (Necromongers? Crematoria? WTF?), super-camp villains (not in a good way) and the kind of dead-eyed performances that usually mean the cast are all too aware that they've signed up for a rotting dog of a film.

Chronicles Of Riddick is turgid, po-faced, sci-fi opera at its very worst.

www.the-scoremagazine.com

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 92
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - misunderstood?!?! - 31/1/2008 11:59:37 AM   
blackduck

The look of the movie and the set pieces were stunning, but the plot was complete bobbins. Even the actors looked like the hadn't a clue what was going on. It needed a lot more set up. Can anyone tell me what the underverse actually is??

I am but an egg.

(in reply to darthjim)
Post #: 93
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - misunderstood?!?! - 31/1/2008 12:12:30 PM   
chewbacasnapsak

quote:

ORIGINAL: blackduck

Can anyone tell me what the underverse actually is??

I think the Americans refer to it as third base.

"who'd pay a million dollars to have me killed"
"jealous husbands, outraged chefs, humiliated tailors...the list is endless"

(in reply to blackduck)
Post #: 94
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - misunderstood?!?! - 31/1/2008 12:21:51 PM   
JagLover

quote:

ORIGINAL: chewbacasnapsak

quote:

ORIGINAL: blackduck

Can anyone tell me what the underverse actually is??

I think the Americans refer to it as third base.

(in reply to chewbacasnapsak)
Post #: 95
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - misunderstood?!?! - 1/2/2008 12:42:55 PM   
fireboy

COR could have been a good film, that's waht spoils it. It starts alright - chase on the prison planet? (It's been a while) And then the names come out - Who names places after their attributes? Slack writing.

So you're happilly watching and stuff happens and you're constantly drawn out of the film by inane dialogue, clunky design, chunks of exposition. I'm sure I actually pictured a little guy sitting at his computer thinking he's bloody Shakespeare, or Tolkien.

I think he tried to achieve in six months/year of script writing what those two did in a lifetime. A rather large ego, methinks.

That's why it's a bad film, because you always know you're watching a film, and you know it could have been better if only Twohy had reigned himself in. And sorted those names out.

< Message edited by fireboy -- 1/2/2008 12:45:04 PM >

Spielberg's Favouite Sun

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."

(in reply to JagLover)
Post #: 96
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - misunderstood?!?! - 1/2/2008 1:30:45 PM   
great_badir

I avoided it like the plague when it came out at the flicks, purely because most of the reviews I read uniformally slated it, with a couple saying it was mediocre at best. 

Wacthed it when it was on ITV the other week and, okay it ain't a patch on Pitch Black, but it was okay.

I think the main problem with it, aside from a few cliches and script clangers here and there, is that it's too much like a rehash of Stargate and (gulp) Battlefield Earth, even though I think it's better than both.  Not that "better than Battlefield Earth" is a difficult tagline to achieve.

Not a masterpiece by any means, but certainly worth a chance.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to fireboy)
Post #: 97
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - misunderstood?!?! - 1/2/2008 4:05:19 PM   
blackduck

I wish more people would watch it, maybe then some one could tell me  what the hell it was about..........

I am but an egg.

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 98
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - misunderstood?!?! - 2/2/2008 8:29:41 PM   
OldGrey

I've just had a read through some of these posts before I realised this was an old thread and I'd posted my views ages ago ! 

Anyway, I enjoyed reading the debate but having looked at the criticism, an awful lot more folk since my last post seem (mainly) to take issue with the "clunky" names of ....well, stuff. Perhaps it's just me, I didn't understand it a year ago, but can anyone explain how a sci-fi name, in a fictional universe that doesn't really exist with fictional races, religions, planets etc. etc. can be ridiculous ? And why is this movies names any more ridiculous than any others ?
It's a criticism I just haven't really heard levelled at sci-fi before and I really don't get it .......

< Message edited by OldGrey -- 3/2/2008 1:34:38 PM >

(in reply to blackduck)
Post #: 99
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - misunderstood?!?! - 3/2/2008 2:58:59 PM   
pablohoolio

quote:

ORIGINAL: OldGrey
Perhaps it's just me, I didn't understand it a year ago, but can anyone explain how a sci-fi name, in a fictional universe that doesn't really exist with fictional races, religions, planets etc. etc. can be ridiculous ? And why is this movies names any more ridiculous than any others ?

Agreed. Take Star Wars.....

Hoth? ("it should be called 'Coldth'?" ©†Family Guy!)
Mustafar?
Geonosis? ('Genesis' of the Clonetroopers)
Mygeeto?

I understand people think it's 'poor writing' (see Family Guy joke above) to call a planet that's hot 'Crematoria', but no less silly than US as a human race calling a planet Uranus....
And also people leave out Helion Prime and New Mecca, which are not bad names, and certainly nothing worse than anything in Star Wars or Trek.

"It's all.... part of the plan...."

(in reply to OldGrey)
Post #: 100
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - misunderstood?!?! - 3/2/2008 3:48:59 PM   
Deviation

quote:

ORIGINAL: pablohoolio

quote:

Perhaps it's just me, I didn't understand it a year ago, but can anyone explain how a sci-fi name, in a fictional universe that doesn't really exist with fictional races, religions, planets etc. etc. can be ridiculous ? And why is this movies names any more ridiculous than any others ?

Agreed. Take Star Wars.....

Hoth? ("it should be called 'Coldth'?" © Family Guy!)
Mustafar?
Geonosis? ('Genesis' of the Clonetroopers)
Mygeeto?

I understand people think it's 'poor writing' (see Family Guy joke above) to call a planet that's hot 'Crematoria', but no less silly than US as a human race calling a planet Uranus....
And also people leave out Helion Prime and New Mecca, which are not bad names, and certainly nothing worse than anything in Star Wars or Trek.

In my very humble opinion, I think that the names in Riddick sound far sillier than the ones in Star Wars, and it is made worse because Riddick wanted to be dark and gritty sci-fi fantasy. Even Star Wars:ROTS, at the end, was a very dark kiddie(not in childlish, but in it's spirit, am I getting to you?) sci-fi fantasy, without Riddick's pretentions of being adult.

The problem of Riddick was how it departed from the original good Pitch Black. Riddick was suddenly epic and all about Riddick, when the first was just about surviviors trying to survive both vampiric aliens and potential menace Riddick. Riddick was great because we knew nothing about him, and he could have been a hero as much as villian. Pitch Black worked well not becuase of Riddick, but becuase of the great vampiric aliens, which don't feature in Riddick, shamefully and disrispectfully.The jump from Pitch Black Aliens-type horror to Riddick epic-scifi fantasy is too drastic, just as was the introduction of Zion in Matrix Reloaded. Riddick's character has become ridiculous, from the villian-hero criminal in Pitch Black to morally dubious Superman in Chronicles(he's the last in his kind, purrrrrrrlllllleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaasssssssssseee) and only Diesel's ego can actually enjoy this character anymore. And there are no aliens from Pitch Black. Pitch Black was smart, putting vampiric aliens that see in the dark agaisnt a man who can see in the dark, he could be seen in Pitch Black as merely a plot device, not the reason of the plot.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to pablohoolio)
Post #: 101
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - misunderstood?!?! - 3/2/2008 3:54:00 PM   
pablohoolio

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation
Even Star Wars:ROTS, at the end, was a very dark kiddie(not in childlish, but in it's spirit, am I getting to you?).

In the most patronising possible tone, yes.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 102
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - misunderstood?!?! - 3/2/2008 3:57:57 PM   
Deviation

quote:

quote:

Even Star Wars:ROTS, at the end, was a very dark kiddie(not in childlish, but in it's spirit, am I getting to you?).

In the most patronising possible tone, yes.

Sorry...........am I less patronising now?

quote:

There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

Post #: 103
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - misunderstood?!?! - 3/2/2008 4:02:05 PM   
Twinkle

quote:

The problem of Riddick was how it departed from the original good Pitch Black. Riddick was suddenly epic and all about Riddick, when the first was just about surviviors trying to survive both vampiric aliens and potential menace Riddick. Riddick was great because we knew nothing about him, and he could have been a hero as much as villian. Pitch Black worked well not becuase of Riddick, but becuase of the great vampiric aliens, which don't feature in Riddick, shamefully and disrispectfully.The jump from Pitch Black Aliens-type horror to Riddick epic-scifi fantasy is too drastic, just as was the introduction of Zion in Matrix Reloaded. Riddick's character has become ridiculous, from the villian-hero criminal in Pitch Black to morally dubious Superman in Chronicles(he's the last in his kind, purrrrrrrlllllleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaasssssssssseee) and only Diesel's ego can actually enjoy this character anymore. And there are no aliens from Pitch Black. Pitch Black was smart, putting vampiric aliens that see in the dark agaisnt a man who can see in the dark, he could be seen in Pitch Black as merely a plot device, not the reason of the plot.

Based on the insightful ten minutes I have seen , I agree entirely.

In Thom We Trust

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 104
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - misunderstood?!?! - 3/2/2008 4:06:39 PM   
pablohoolio

quote:

NO!

To be honest, I was being glib about Star Wars and know what you mean, but I get OldGreys point too. I agree that Chronicles, as a sequel to Pitch Black, was FAR too far removed from the original story of Pitch Black, but as a film I didn't mind it at all. Butcher Bay, the XBox game, was a great story, which showed that if Twohy had stuck to the ex-con mercenary line rather than the supernatural sci-fi line with Riddick, it could have been so much better.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twinkle
Based on the insightful ten minutes I have seen , I agree entirely.

Oh great, Twinkle is here to stir the pot....

< Message edited by pablohoolio -- 3/2/2008 4:07:19 PM >

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 105
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - misunderstood?!?! - 3/2/2008 4:16:43 PM   
Deviation

quote:

quote:

NO!

To be honest, I was being glib about Star Wars and know what you mean, but I get OldGreys point too. I agree that Chronicles, as a sequel to Pitch Black, was FAR too far removed from the original story of Pitch Black, but as a film I didn't mind it at all. Butcher Bay, the XBox game, was a great story, which showed that if Twohy had stuck to the ex-con mercenary line rather than the supernatural sci-fi line with Riddick, it could have been so much better.

quote:

Based on the insightful ten minutes I have seen , I agree entirely.

Oh great, Twinkle is here to stir the pot....

I didn't play the game, but that should have been the plot, not the necromengers(purrrrrrrrrlleeeeeeeeaaassssssseeeeeeeee) one. The start of Riddick was great,(watch that Twinkle than fly to the States and shove the Chronicles of Riddick dvd up Vin Diesel's ass), Riddick fleeing from the mercenaries/bounty hunters, that was great, and if it kept to that, Riddick would have been great. But it did not, it would have also been great if they included the aliens, but noooooooooo, they put necromongers.

quote:

quote:

Post #: 106
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - misunderstood?!?! - 4/2/2008 9:11:04 AM   
dracovir

quote:

ORIGINAL: chewbacasnapsak

i'm with Twinkle, i've only seen the first half and it was gash, life is too short to waste on crap like this i turned it off.

i also think it takes a film fan to know when your flogging a dead horse without having to watch an entire movie.

It's hard to determine just how bad a film might be if you don't force yourself to view the whole shebang!  For instance, I paid to go and watch Supernova knowing it was a bad film already (the first film to use the DGA's newer alias after they retired Alan Smithee) and wanted to leave part way through because it was achingly bad (Riddick is Oscar-worthy in comparison) but no, I forced my way to the end credits and hate the film all the more.  In the long run, it's more fun that way!

It's also no bad thing to watch a bad film every now and again, it makes you appreciate the good ones all the more.

Medals don't help me sleep at night...

(in reply to chewbacasnapsak)
Post #: 107
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - misunderstood?!?! - 4/2/2008 9:16:32 AM   
dracovir

quote:

I didn't play the game, but that should have been the plot, not the necromengers(purrrrrrrrrlleeeeeeeeaaassssssseeeeeeeee) one. The start of Riddick was great,(watch that Twinkle than fly to the States and shove the Chronicles of Riddick dvd up Vin Diesel's ass), Riddick fleeing from the mercenaries/bounty hunters, that was great, and if it kept to that, Riddick would have been great. But it did not, it would have also been great if they included the aliens, but noooooooooo, they put necromongers.

Noooooo don't put the Pitch Black monsters back in, they are exclusive to that planet (unless they find a way to spread off-world and find new digs where they can avoid the light), it would've been too much repetition - unless they wanted the franchise to be a rival-Alien and not a riddick franchise.

But some other nasties, in keeping with this universe with the PB monsters, would've been better than the Necromongers and Elementals (and Bears oh my).  Yeah, mercs and anti-hero killers and backwater surveryors etc made for more interesting characterisation than delving so deeply into the fantastical.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 108
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - misunderstood?!?! - 4/2/2008 1:08:13 PM   
OldGrey

WARNING - SPOILERS BELOW ! !

I think a few valid points have been well made here (and a few have not), but I still believe that despite it's faults, it is a highly entertaining movie - don't get me wrong I'm not going to nominate it for an oscar but I really enjoyed it.
I think there had to be huge differences to Pitch Black (which I agree is a superior film), because, concept and aliens aside, really Riddick made Pitch Black and it was a natural progression to want to follow Riddick in any future film. How intersting would Pitch Black 2 be ?? More people land on an alien world where darkness spells..... blah.... blah.... blah..... blah.....
Or even worse, the aliens somehow leave the planet and somehow get to Earth ......
Oh.
Dear.

Also, for all the but-the-writing-is-shit jibes, I am at a loss to think of a genuine anti-hero in modern cinema apart from Riddick and that alone makes him interesting.

- I know I'm now gonna get bombarded with every "bad" film character under the sun now, but just think about it before you type, this is a murderering, utterly selfish, self centred character with little moral grounding, but whom you are behind every step of the way in both movies. 

Also,
 SPOILER - SPOILER- SPOILER -SPOILER - SPOILER - SPOILER - SPOILER -
                                                       at the end, this same character is in control of an entire,planet destroying army - doesn't that light even a spark of interest in what he does next ?

quote:

Based on the insightful ten minutes I have seen , I agree entirely.

And Twinkle, are you a politician ?

(in reply to Twinkle)
Post #: 109
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - misunderstood?!?! - 4/2/2008 2:54:47 PM   
fireboy

quote:

I've just had a read through some of these posts before I realised this was an old thread and I'd posted my views ages ago !†

Anyway, I enjoyed reading the debate but having looked at the criticism, an awful lot†more folk since my last post seem (mainly) to†take issue with the "clunky" names of ....well, stuff. Perhaps it's just me, I didn't understand it a year ago, but can anyone explain how a sci-fi name, in a fictional universe that doesn't really exist with fictional races, religions, planets etc. etc. can be ridiculous ? And why is this movies names any more ridiculous than any others ?
It's a criticism I just haven't really heard levelled at sci-fi before and I really don't get it .......

The name just don't sound realistic. It doesn't feel like they were named by the inhabitants of the planets, or the Galactic Commission for Planetary Naming, or by anyone in the fictional universe. They sound they were named by the Screenwriter. It draws you out of the unverse back into your armchair (or sofa/deckchair/ottoman)

Spielberg's Favouite Sun

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."

(in reply to OldGrey)
Post #: 110
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - misunderstood?!?! - 4/2/2008 3:26:35 PM   
dracovir

Well, would you prefer the made-up names from writers' imaginations, or the annoyingly likely possibility offered in Fight Club - naming celestial bodies after corporations.  Planet Starbucks, the Micro$oft Galaxy anyone?

(in reply to fireboy)
Post #: 111
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - misunderstood?!?! - 4/2/2008 4:30:32 PM   
OldGrey

quote:

ORIGINAL: fireboy

The name just don't sound realistic. It doesn't feel like they were named by the inhabitants of the planets, or the Galactic Commission for Planetary Naming, or by anyone in the fictional universe. They sound they were named by the Screenwriter. It draws you out of the unverse back into your armchair (or sofa/deckchair/ottoman)

Okay then, I can totally see that if you don't buy into it, it draws you back into the real world and I'm not saying these were the best use of imagination ever laid to the blank page......But how did they seem less realistic than Star Trek or Star Wars or any other Sci-Fi ? Thats the bit I don't understand - why is it that Helion Prime is more ridiculous than Tatooine ? Good point from Pablo about Uranus by the way  
If you think about it, how silly is it to name our planetary moon "The Moon" - now that's lazy writing !

And also, how do I get onto the Galactic Commission for Planetary Naming ? It could be such a cool job.....

(in reply to fireboy)
Post #: 112
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - misunderstood?!?! - 4/2/2008 4:36:37 PM   
Deviation

quote:

ORIGINAL: dracovir

quote:

Noooooo don't put the Pitch Black monsters back in, they are exclusive to that planet (unless they find a way to spread off-world and find new digs where they can avoid the light), it would've been too much repetition - unless they wanted the franchise to be a rival-Alien and not a riddick franchise.

But some other nasties, in keeping with this universe with the PB monsters, would've been better than the Necromongers and Elementals (and Bears oh my).  Yeah, mercs and anti-hero killers and backwater surveryors etc made for more interesting characterisation than delving so deeply into the fantastical.

That's a better idea. And it would have been better for for the series a rival alien franchise than a Riddick franchise.

quote:

quote:

(in reply to dracovir)
Post #: 113
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - misunderstood?!?! - 4/2/2008 4:50:16 PM   
dracovir

quote:

quote:

Okay then, I can totally see that if you don't buy into it, it draws you back into the real world and I'm not saying these were the best use of imagination ever laid to the blank page......But how did they seem less realistic than Star Trek or Star Wars or any other Sci-Fi ? Thats the bit I don't understand - why is it that Helion Prime is more ridiculous than Tatooine ? Good point from Pablo about Uranus by the way  
If you think about it, how silly is it to name our planetary moon "The Moon" - now that's lazy writing !

And also, how do I get onto the Galactic Commission for Planetary Naming ? It could be such a cool job.....

Bit of a geek alert (!) incoming - although we just label it 'the moon', it's more spoken in passing.  It's actual name is Luna (Latin for Moon - go figure).  Just like the Sun is actually named Sol.  And by certain naming conventions, Earth is actually Sol III.  Although others prefer to keep the Latin running and call it Terra.  And still in passing we refer to Earth as 'the world'.  Trust us pesky Humans to give all other celestial bodies single names but reserve several for our world, and our stellar system.

@Deviation:  Yeah, keeping with the dangerous nature of this Universe in the same realistic fashion (for sci-fi, anyways) would've made a better film, not just in keeping with the horror/thriller genre.

In the meantime, we have had discussion comparing CoR to Pitch Black, and to the PB prequel videogame EFBB, but what about Dark Fury, the anime that is set between the movies?  It is as much a part of the franchise as all the other entries, and is all canon.  I haven't seen it, but maybe watching that might alter some opinion on CoR?

(in reply to OldGrey)
Post #: 114
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - misunderstood?!?! - 4/2/2008 5:16:25 PM   
Jack's Rage

quote:

quote:

I agree with fireboy. They stick out because they associate with attributes of the planets. Crematoria just sounds contrived and acutally flat out hokey. The names in Star Wars are not descriptive of the planets features. Tatooine doesn't reference desert, dry or anything like that. And in Riddick its more then just the planets. I mean his race is called Furions because they are "furious". That's just rediculous.

Its already done so shut up!

(in reply to OldGrey)
Post #: 115
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - misunderstood?!?! - 4/2/2008 11:07:36 PM   
Vito_Andolini

It was a far better film than people gave it credit for.  I think a lot of the negativity around it was the airs and graces it had for what was essentially another Sci-Fi, especially with Mr Diesel comparing it to LOTR, talk about a mis-step.  And bringing in Judi Dench felt like a desperate claw at gravitas.

Does anyone know if they are going to go ahead with the rest of the trilogy, or has the studio cut it's losses?

"Lunch Lady Doris, do ye have any grease?!"

"Yes, yes we do"

"THEN GREASE ME UP WOMAN!!"

"Okey dokey"

www.movieguys.org

(in reply to Jack's Rage)
Post #: 116
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - misunderstood?!?! - 5/2/2008 6:26:47 PM   
OldGrey

quote:

ORIGINAL: dracovir

Bit of a geek alert (!) incoming - although we just label it 'the moon', it's more spoken in passing.  It's actual name is Luna (Latin for Moon - go figure).  Just like the Sun is actually named Sol.  And by certain naming conventions, Earth is actually Sol III.  Although others prefer to keep the Latin running and call it Terra.  And still in passing we refer to Earth as 'the world'.  Trust us pesky Humans to give all other celestial bodies single names but reserve several for our world, and our stellar system.

@Deviation:  Yeah, keeping with the dangerous nature of this Universe in the same realistic fashion (for sci-fi, anyways) would've made a better film, not just in keeping with the horror/thriller genre.

In the meantime, we have had discussion comparing CoR to Pitch Black, and to the PB prequel videogame EFBB, but what about Dark Fury, the anime that is set between the movies?  It is as much a part of the franchise as all the other entries, and is all canon.  I haven't seen it, but maybe watching that might alter some opinion on CoR?

and  and  ..............with a bit of  - Impressive !

Today I did done learned some stuff - hats off to you dracovir !

Didn't even know there was an anime - has anyone seen it ?
Also, I thought a while back that there was a rumour that Twohy and Diesel were in talks for a third Riddick movie, is that the anime ? Anyone know anymore ?

(in reply to dracovir)
Post #: 117
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - misunderstood?!?! - 5/2/2008 7:59:00 PM   
pablohoolio

quote:

Didn't even know there was an anime - has anyone seen it ?

I've GOT it! It's by the same guy who did Aeon Flux (the MTV one, not the dreadful movie! ) Peter Chung, who also produced an Animatrix episode.

It's good, drags a little for such a short movie, but isn't too bad. It's quite stylised, but Vin Diesel really makes it. I've never gotten the hatred for Vin Diesel, as he's great in Pitch Black, and he really gives this Anime some weight. Never understood what people hate about him?

(in reply to OldGrey)
Post #: 118
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - misunderstood?!?! - 5/2/2008 8:35:37 PM   
Gazz

Yeah, I quite like Vin Diesel too. He's a good actor who seems to have a lot of enthusiasm for films and it shows.

Post #: 119
RE: Chronicles of Riddick - misunderstood?!?! - 6/2/2008 2:22:34 AM   
dracovir

I've found that CoR: Dark Fury is incredibly rare to get alone, but you can pick up the nice box set with Pitch Black: Special Edition (Nothing too special, just newer special features), Chronicles of Riddick and Dark Fury - they keep putting it on for less than £20 in the HMV sales, but never have the moolah to spare when I see it.  I'm also put off from getting the set 'cos I already have the 2 film box set, and am still tempted to grab the CoR Directors Cut - if that were put into a 3 film set I'd pick it up then for sure.

(in reply to Gazz)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: Chronicles of Riddick - misunderstood?!?! Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI