Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Apprentice

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> The Apprentice Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Apprentice - 15/3/2007 11:48:32 AM   
Grunny

Celeb Apprentice starts tonight for Comic Relief!
Then the "real" Apprentice starts real soon.
So this is the new Apprentice thread

The Celeb Version should be alot of fun!!!

I can't wait to meet the new Apprentices they normally find some amazing Characters!

“People are strange, but more than that, they're good. They're good first, then strange.”
Post #: 1
RE: The Apprentice - 15/3/2007 1:15:01 PM   
keca_2000

Hurrah! I love The Apprentice!

Although I do usually think quite a few of the contestants really need a good dose of common sense and humility. But hey, that's what makes it fun!

How long is the comic relief one running for?? It seems a little late to be starting now! Is it just a one off show?

I believe in only using my powers when the situation demands it.

(in reply to Grunny)
Post #: 2
RE: The Apprentice - 15/3/2007 1:35:20 PM   
nicholsonsmhead

I think Fearne Cotton should be one of the contestants.  Her first test should be to jump off Canary Wharf into a skip full of broken glass. 

'Does the codename 'Sapphire' mean anything to you?'

'Hey, what if we cross-circuit the accelerator? Might give us more er...er, ohms or something.'

'Hi, I'm Max Keller. I'm a seagull.'

(in reply to keca_2000)
Post #: 3
RE: The Apprentice - 15/3/2007 1:40:29 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: keca_2000

How long is the comic relief one running for?? It seems a little late to be starting now! Is it just a one off show?

It's a one hour special.  Shame as they could have made a proper show out of it I reckon.

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to keca_2000)
Post #: 4
RE: The Apprentice - 15/3/2007 1:43:43 PM   
keca_2000

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

quote:

It's a one hour special.  Shame as they could have made a proper show out of it I reckon.

Booooo. They'll have to fire people every ten minutes! Rubbish!

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 5
RE: The Apprentice - 15/3/2007 2:02:20 PM   
Grunny

Its a One Hour Show tonight and it concludes tomorrow night, during the big red nose show I presume.

“People are strange, but more than that, they're good. They're good first, then strange.”

(in reply to keca_2000)
Post #: 6
RE: The Apprentice - 15/3/2007 3:38:29 PM   
Base

Who is actually on it??

I only saw it for the first time last year and thought I could never watch such a bunch of self-serving scum.  Then of course became promptly addicted to it!!!!

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to Grunny)
Post #: 7
RE: The Apprentice - 15/3/2007 3:40:58 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Base

Who is actually on it??

The celebrity edition?

* Danny Baker
* Karren Brady
* Jo Brand
* Alistair Campbell
* Cheryl Cole
* Rupert Everett?
* Ross Kemp
* Maureen Lipman
* Piers Morgan
* Trinny Woodall

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 8
RE: The Apprentice - 15/3/2007 9:37:59 PM   
KnightofZyryab

Trinny Woodall is so silly - that stupid exercise taught to her by a Russian doctor? Right ...

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 9
RE: The Apprentice - 15/3/2007 10:20:46 PM   
Lebowski

Some woman that I didn't even recognise just gave away £150,000 on a whim.  You read about this sort of thing but actually seeing someone do it with so little deliberation made me feel a bit sick, literally.

My Top 100 watched from 2006 on - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=1121772&mpage=1&key=&NID=0#1159794

DVD Profiler - http://www.intervocative.com/DVDCollection.aspx/Barbapapa

(in reply to KnightofZyryab)
Post #: 10
RE: The Apprentice - 15/3/2007 10:27:19 PM   
Mozza

I loved the little look to the camera Cheryl gave the camera after that Russian doctor nonsense.  Classic.

I liked it; proof that the celebs are even more self-absorbed than the business wannabes.

(in reply to Lebowski)
Post #: 11
RE: The Apprentice - 15/3/2007 10:33:48 PM   
Jar Jar Gabor

Is there anyone on television as repugnant as Piers Morgan or Alistair Campbell? Even when I thought my opinion of those two besuited weasels couldn't get any lower they managed to sink it even further by physically bullying a woman. Bravo. Not surprised to see in the preview for the next episode both of them selling each other out like the two-faced, slimy, deceitful rodents that they are.

(I don't like them much.)

< Message edited by Jar Jar Gabor -- 15/3/2007 10:34:41 PM >

"My mother did throw me against a brick wall when I was an infant. I didn't get hurt at all. I've mentioned it to her a couple of times. She said I was a little prick."

DVD's wot I own.

(in reply to Lebowski)
Post #: 12
RE: The Apprentice - 15/3/2007 10:37:28 PM   
Mozza

I think calling Trinny Woodall a woman is a bit of a reach; she's a torrid, self involved hag.

If she weren't famous for being a condescending cow, she'd be an ideal candidate for the regular series.

(in reply to Jar Jar Gabor)
Post #: 13
RE: The Apprentice - 15/3/2007 10:43:47 PM   
paulyboy

Piers Morgan & Alistair Campbell = Twats!

That is all.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to Jar Jar Gabor)
Post #: 14
RE: The Apprentice - 15/3/2007 10:49:43 PM   
PatBateman

You can really see why Campbell grew to be so powerful though. In those negotiations with Karren Brady (no slouch herself) he absolutely destroyed her. I respect someone who can so easily manipulate people like that.

Morgan is a bit of a twat and clearly a master of self-promotion, but there's always a real sense of spite in everything he does.

But neither was as bad as that Trinny creature. She clearly went overboard, and for all her protestations about them cheating, she was only too happy to spy on them and take notes.Her behaviour afterwards was despicable though and she compounded it by crying about it and making herself the victim.

WARNING: I may google your name because I'm a bit nosey.

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 15
RE: The Apprentice - 15/3/2007 11:03:18 PM   
KnightofZyryab

What happened to Rupert Everett?

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

(in reply to PatBateman)
Post #: 16
RE: The Apprentice - 16/3/2007 12:16:31 AM   
*emz6*

Cheryl Tweedy(Cole) cracked me up! Being so disgusted with the squid, which was really gross, her little look to camera when Trinny was chatting bollocks, and her 'have you'se got a touch of that OCD thing?' was well funny in her broad geordie accent.

And her and Mauren Lipman actually appeared very down to earth when that woman just wrote of £150 big ones without batting an eyelid. Nice to see even the celebs realise the obvious..'someone could buy a house with that'

Pleased the girls won, Piers Morgan is such a twat.

Post #: 17
RE: The Apprentice - 16/3/2007 7:31:39 AM   
impqueen

quote:

ORIGINAL: KnightofZyryab

What happened to Rupert Everett?

He saw Piers Morgan being his usual I'm a wanker like self and left....

Yes, always.

Post #: 18
RE: The Apprentice - 16/3/2007 7:52:37 AM   
Newander

It was great. The part when Cheryl, asked Trinny if she 'had a touch of OCD' was a classic.

The men were by all accounts a bit rubbish and that Piers bloke, what a knob.
Rupert had the right idea of scarpering before it began.

To indeed be a god!

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 19
RE: The Apprentice - 16/3/2007 7:54:08 AM   
King_Wah

Can't be asked with the celebrity one but I love the proper one, it was one of the highlights of last year for me.

The Badger wos robbed I tell yer !!!

I am big, it's the forum that got smaller.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 20
RE: The Apprentice - 16/3/2007 9:08:08 AM   
Base

I thought the boys had it in the bag, I'm surprised they lost (tho I don't mind, I actually thought Alistair Campbell seemed ok, but that was probably just in comparison to Piers Morgan!).

Bit if a change from the regular series when they all said nice things about their leaders instead of calling them an incompetant twat, regardless of how well they have done

What happens now, do they just fire one of them and that's it??

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to King_Wah)
Post #: 21
RE: The Apprentice - 16/3/2007 9:36:42 AM   
Grunny

quote:

ORIGINAL: *emz6*

Cheryl Tweedy(Cole) cracked me up! Being so disgusted with the squid, which was really gross, her little look to camera when Trinny was chatting bollocks, and her 'have you'se got a touch of that OCD thing?' was well funny in her broad geordie accent.

Cheryl was so funny. did anyone else notice whilst the boys and girls were arguing over the rides Cheryl was just texting on her phone.

I enjoyed it alot of fun, the boys were cocks, glad they lost! I Assume today we just see the boardroom and someone get fired, it will be hidden away in the mass of events happening in the big show, I may start watching an hour late on sky+ that way I can fast forward what I dont want to watch!

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 22
RE: The Apprentice - 16/3/2007 9:45:57 AM   
keca_2000

quote:

I thought the boys had it in the bag, I'm surprised they lost (tho I don't mind, I actually thought Alistair Campbell seemed ok, but that was probably just in comparison to Piers Morgan!).

Bit if a change from the regular series when they all said nice things about their leaders instead of calling them an incompetant twat, regardless of how well they have done

What happens now, do they just fire one of them and that's it??

I reckon so. I also reckon it'll have nothing to do with the task, just Sir Alan deciding who he'd rather get to tell they're fired: Campbell or Morgan.

I was so glad the girls destroyed the guys! Can't stand Piers or Campbell, they were both horrible, so self important, self-involved.... and couldn't work a stapler! And they got their asses handed to them  Even when they got Tim on side (who is a legend!).

Bizaarely found myself warming to Cheryl Tweedy/Cole - something I never thought would happen! Did anyone actually spot Ross Kemp in any of the footage of the fairground event itself? I swear he wasn't even there!

I think people are being a little hard on Trinny though - I'm really not a fan of her's and obviously, she's a bit of a nutter with the whole Russian doctor thing etc. I thought that Piers & Alistair were well out of line though in the way they acted when she went to get the chef, and I don't think she faked the crying when she got back to the room either. I know that in those circumstances, I probably would've done the same: held it together whilst I was down there 'cos I was so angry, but then once you're out of the situation....

Anyway. Who do people reckon's in for the chop? I vote Piers!

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 23
RE: The Apprentice - 16/3/2007 9:52:31 AM   
Base

Cheryl Tweedy/Cole is still a waste of skin...!

Was she the one who thumped a nightclub attendant in Guildford??

(in reply to keca_2000)
Post #: 24
RE: The Apprentice - 16/3/2007 10:01:57 AM   
keca_2000

quote:

Cheryl Tweedy/Cole is still a waste of skin...!

Was she the one who thumped a nightclub attendant in Guildford??

Yes, I believe that was her. 

I'm still not a fan, but don't dislike her with the quite the passion that I used to! Compared to some of the rest of them, she came across as still being fairly 'normal' - in the sense that she realise £150,000 is a lot of money, despite being married to a ridiculously overpaid footballer!

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 25
RE: The Apprentice - 16/3/2007 1:11:59 PM   
Cruisecontroller

quote:

I reckon so. I also reckon it'll have nothing to do with the task, just Sir Alan deciding who he'd rather get to tell they're fired: Campbell or Morgan.

I was so glad the girls destroyed the guys! Can't stand Piers or Campbell, they were both horrible, so self important, self-involved.... and couldn't work a stapler! And they got their asses handed to them  Even when they got Tim on side (who is a legend!).

Bizaarely found myself warming to Cheryl Tweedy/Cole - something I never thought would happen! Did anyone actually spot Ross Kemp in any of the footage of the fairground event itself? I swear he wasn't even there!

I think people are being a little hard on Trinny though - I'm really not a fan of her's and obviously, she's a bit of a nutter with the whole Russian doctor thing etc. I thought that Piers & Alistair were well out of line though in the way they acted when she went to get the chef, and I don't think she faked the crying when she got back to the room either. I know that in those circumstances, I probably would've done the same: held it together whilst I was down there 'cos I was so angry, but then once you're out of the situation....

Anyway. Who do people reckon's in for the chop? I vote Piers!

I couldn`t agree more exactly my views Piers and Alastair are a pair of obnoxious bullies probably only doing the show to up their profiles even further and try and look good but failing badly! Alastairs face when he was getting a telling off by Sir Alan was halarious!

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

Last five movies seen & rated by me.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5
5.Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. 3/5

(in reply to keca_2000)
Post #: 26
RE: The Apprentice - 16/3/2007 3:09:17 PM   
Base

Can anyone else not help imagining a flushing sound when Sir Alan walks out of that door to sit down at the desk

I was disapointed to learn that is just a set tho and all of the walks of shame are pre-filmed before the series really starts...

(in reply to Cruisecontroller)
Post #: 27
RE: The Apprentice - 16/3/2007 3:59:51 PM   
Wet Lettuce

I love Cheryl, what a babe. 

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 28
RE: The Apprentice - 16/3/2007 4:42:54 PM   
Grunny

quote:

I was disapointed to learn that is just a set tho and all of the walks of shame are pre-filmed before the series really starts...

dont ruin the magic of TV!! next you'll be telling me they don't start and complete the task in one hour!!

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 29
RE: The Apprentice - 17/3/2007 11:52:34 AM   
Mozza

In a move that will shock no-one, Piers got sacked.  I just wish they pushed him off the top of Alan's skyscraper or something.

(in reply to Grunny)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> The Apprentice Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI