RE: Oh No - 14/3/2007 12:28:26 PM   
rich

Oh fuck off, what are they thinking?!?

Meanwhile...

(in reply to GandalfTheGrey)
Post #: 31
Re-release - 14/3/2007 2:32:20 PM   
thegodfathers

Hey hollywood heres one thing, why not do a George Lucas and RE-RELEASE the film in cinemas again, that way your saving money and just remastering the film,

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 32
Continue - 14/3/2007 2:32:32 PM  1 votes
benlack

Being sad enough to have actually enjoyed LA, I think Kurt should slap on the patch for one last time. Escape from Las Vegas surely.

Post #: 33
- 16/3/2007 8:57:26 PM   
marctanner

One word DON'T.

Post #: 34
- 16/3/2007 9:45:04 PM   
winnebago23

oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear

Post #: 35
corporate nonsense - 17/3/2007 12:03:38 AM   
Goldrake

It's a shame those people in charge of the studios are just after the big bucks. The obiously have no faith in original project and go for the tried and tested. Problem is, how will you be judged against a cult classic the Escape from NY ? This is very dangerous territory indeed. Yes special effects can be improved but you better Carpenter at his very best ? Will they use his score too? I am sure Butler can do a very good job but I fear a remake a-la "the Fog" or "Psycho" to name two. I think it would only be interesting if Carpenter himself was to direct it (mind you he's lost his touch a bit), instead they (the execs) will do the usual mistake and hire some crappy promo director resulting in a film of flashy visuals and no script. I wish they did Darevil 2 instead of this, tse.

Post #: 36
Un-fuckin-believable - 17/3/2007 9:33:47 AM   
JaceMagnum

What's up with Hollywood? Are they gonna remake John Carpenter's entire back catalogue? They've already done awful remakes of the fog and precinct 13. Early word suggests that the new Halloween is terrible and don't get me started on The Thing.
Carpenter is still toying with the 3rd Snake movie Escape from Earth, so to remake the original is both pointless and a bad idea.
It just goes to show that Hollywood has run out of ideas and are crudely pilfering successful independent movies just to make money. What ever happened to making a movie because it is a good story to tell? Escape from New York was a great classic story. There is no need to tell it again, I don't care how dated people say it is.
Keep away from Carpenter's movies. Fuck remaking or reimagining the classics. If you wanna remake something, remake all the shit movies.
I'm just waiting for the day Empire announces remakes of Starman and Big Trouble...
Then we'll have a problem.
Jay

Post #: 37
i'd rather not see a remake of Escape from New York - 17/3/2007 10:14:47 AM   
c4darkmane

Kurt Russel could still play plisken if they wanted to start again.
but if the Remake is a success maybe they will fund Carpenters 3rd film.
just like Romero's success when they remade Dawn of the Dead.

Post #: 38
ok but - 17/3/2007 4:37:20 PM   
joy strong

i would watch gerry butler in anything but escape from ny? please dont give him a repulsive american accent! no offence americans but it really bugs me when i see wonderful british actors with gorgeous localised british accents of their own such as sean bean ray winstone and daniel craig in a movie talking american. it really puts me off. fair play i feel the same when americans pretend to be brits too cos they all sound like mick jagger or jeeves and wooster! im sure there are enough american and british actors out ther to cast the right national so please as far as gerry butler goes, you can take the boy out of glasgow but dont take the glasgow out of the boy!

Post #: 39
Gleedo - 19/3/2007 1:20:04 PM   
Agamemnon

I hope they dont remake Big Trouble in Little China, its a masterpiece as is.....Now BTILC 2, they would be interesting, but would HAVE to keep Kurt Russell as Jack :)

Post #: 40
An idea - 21/3/2007 4:57:26 PM   
go

In order to get round the whole accent thing i think they should set the film in a run down post apocalyptic Glasgow, used by the rest of Scotland to dump their ne'r do wells and populated by roaming gangs of thugs........ think of the money they would save on set design and having to make up extra's.
You could have Snake rescueing a Tony Blair type from the rabid clutches of a bunch of schemey, asbo'd neds while delivering lines like "mon then bawbags", or " your fuckin gettin it cunto" as he swedges his way to his goal, firing deep fried tattie bullets from his spud gun.......... or maybe's no eh?

Post #: 41
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Oh No Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI