Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Gerard Butler To Escape From New York

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Gerard Butler To Escape From New York Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gerard Butler To Escape From New York - 13/3/2007 8:21:59 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 13/3/2007 8:21:59 AM   
Biggus

Altogether now...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
That's it! - 13/3/2007 8:39:50 AM   
D-ToX

I'm goign to start writing scripts full time as there appears to be a huge gap in the market for original ideas.

This film is sooooo unneeded, the last remastered version of Escape from New York on DVD looked great, we don't need a remake.

Post #: 3
That's it Part II - 13/3/2007 8:41:51 AM   
D-ToX

Of course my spelling will have to dramatically improve :O)

Post #: 4
- 13/3/2007 8:59:58 AM   
rainbowblackout

Every time one of my old favorite films is remade it's like my youth is raped by the devil. That aside I found the solution when The Omen remake came out, I didn't watch it. I did the same with The Wicker Man and will most likely do the same here.

Post #: 5
RE: - 13/3/2007 9:57:35 AM   
stuieboy

Snake Plisken can only be played by one man and thats Kurt Russell....anyone else is bound to fail so why bother remaking it!!??

"When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!"

(in reply to rainbowblackout)
Post #: 6
Think of the children - 13/3/2007 10:05:34 AM   
Jonda Fett

Why screw with Carpenters legendary work?! It is so not needed! After hearing the other day that Rob Zombie is directing a remake of Haloween this is just a smack in the face. Won't somebody think about our children! they're going to be watching this trash instead of the original masterpieces! I am going to ban my future children from ever watching a remake (except Snyders Dawn of the Dead, that kicked arse and had enough original ideas to be acceptable).

< Message edited by Jonda Fett -- 13/3/2007 10:07:49 AM >

Post #: 7
What Next? - 13/3/2007 10:13:29 AM   
lukeyboy

I know let's remake Alien, no wait, The Terminator,...no hold on....The Matrix,...i mean there all a bit old aren't they?...Fuckers!

Post #: 8
RE: Think of the children - 13/3/2007 10:16:06 AM   
The Hooded Man

Gerard Butler you should know better. This is a disgrace. Let's not go to see it and then they might learn their lesson.
How long before we get a remake of Star Wars?

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to Jonda Fett)
Post #: 9
I know you'll all hate me but...... - 13/3/2007 10:34:17 AM   
tallaght24

....I am REALLY excited about this prospect. I can see Mr Butler pulling this off. Don't get me wrong, I love Kurt as Snake but he's past it now, and I really want a Sequel/Prequel/Remake...anything, I just want some SNAKE!!!!......*ahem* I now realise the wrongness of that last sentence.

Excuse me.

Post #: 10
- 13/3/2007 10:57:04 AM   
stinkymiller

One thing we won't see is Plisken landing his glider on the WTC. I always thought Plisken deserved more adventures and this could relaunch the character. Can't imagine anybody being a better Plisken than Russel though.

Post #: 11
- 13/3/2007 12:01:08 PM   
ADRIAN MOORE

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #: 12
- 13/3/2007 12:22:04 PM   
raclements

Oh for god sake, will this never fucking end??

Leave it alone you soulless vampires!

Post #: 13
- 13/3/2007 1:21:41 PM   
CB

This is the second best idea I've heard in that last 8 seconds. Unfortunately the only other idea I've heard in that time is to stick my head in a plug socket, so second isn't great really.

Post #: 14
bloody hell - 13/3/2007 3:37:30 PM   
clarkkent

everyone always bitches about remakes (and many times have to eat there words when the remake is goos like dawn of the dead or the hills have eyes) i wasnt a huge fan of the original but if anyone can pull of snake then its butler (hes fucking awsome in 300) and with a bigger budget this could be a great movie!

Post #: 15
- 13/3/2007 4:10:05 PM   
alexclash

it all depends on the director but this could actually be good, this is a film that could be improved on

Post #: 16
RE: - 13/3/2007 5:02:46 PM   
sushiandrice

I don't give a shit if Gerard Butler is an alchemist... this is so fucking stupid. Like they'll manage getting modern day equivalents of Isaac Hayes; let alone Harry Dean Stanton and Donland Pleasance. With this, the proposed Don't Look Now remake, and Sean Bean as The Hitcher, I've just about lost faith in Hollywood. 

You space bastard.

(in reply to alexclash)
Post #: 17
- 13/3/2007 5:14:15 PM   
Steve L

whoever wrote the first paragraph of this newsflash is a total dick,give away the ending of 300(we haven't all read the graphic novel)plus big up Butler is a totally stupid Butler vs Godzilla fantasy.

I agree,why all these bloody re-makes,don't these assholes who run these film studios tap into what the public would actually like to see,like a sequel to The Thing,or a decent intellegent Aliens sequel.
OR forget sequels and remakes and come up with something original(but then we probably really would end up with a Butler Vs Godzilla film)

Post #: 18
RE: Gerard Butler To Escape From New York - 13/3/2007 5:19:50 PM   
Kazuya

What the fuck is this shit? Is it wholesale Carpenter rehash time? There is absolutely no reason to remake Escape From New York.

"Bleed, bastard."

Post #: 19
RE: - 13/3/2007 5:23:44 PM   
The Hooded Man

If they are hellbent on this why not call it Escape from America or something and do it as a continuation of the franchise and let Carpenter direct it with an all-star cast and big budget, something he hasn't been given in so long if at all?

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to Steve L)
Post #: 20
I agree, nice work on the spoilage Empire....... - 13/3/2007 5:41:33 PM   
the ageless stranger

Not everyone has read the history books, and I haven't read 300 either, so I was going in with the vague notion that, this being a comic book adaptation and all, real world rules wouldn't apply, and the Spartans might actually win, but no, you just go and piss that one down the drain with an off-the-cuff remark. Cheers.

Post #: 21
For the love of God no........... - 13/3/2007 6:54:41 PM   
coomi01

Please, if there is a God/Gods/Underworld/Kate Beckinsale clones for sale, leave John Carpenters work alone!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree, a continuation of the series would be bearable (have to set it somewhere cool like London or Moscow though, just to give it a bit of vim), but a remake!!!!!! When that comes I will officially bury myself underground with a dvd player, huge tv and all Johns original films and stay there.

Post #: 22
RE: Think of the children - 13/3/2007 7:06:52 PM   
Steve L

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

Gerard Butler you should know better. This is a disgrace. Let's not go to see it and then they might learn their lesson.
How long before we get a remake of Star Wars?

I could handle a Star Wars prequal re-make,hahahahahha(not yet tho)

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 23
Oh No - 13/3/2007 10:39:51 PM   
tetchy

I have watched Gerry Butler from his days on Mrs Brown up until 300 and I think he one day WILL be the new James Bond (you heard it here last) and along the way he has had some hits and some misses but he should avoid a Carpenter remake like the proverbial plague. If it was a continuation of the series and even bringing Kurt back for a Plissken cameo (after Grindhouse this should be feasible} then maybe. But Gerry for God's sake don't do it because America wants you as the next action hero.

Post #: 24
RE: Oh No - 14/3/2007 1:16:19 AM   
Maria Noir

*Sigh* Is nothing sacred? Mr. Butler I'm disappointed in you.

The Empire Script Challenge: Month 19 - Look Through The Looking Glass

"And our bodies are earth. And our thoughts are clay. And we sleep and eat with death."

"- Are we going to let politics get in the way of our friendship?
- Friendship? You told people I lured children into my Gingerbread House!
- Haha. Yeah. That was just a lie."

(in reply to tetchy)
Post #: 25
RE: Oh No - 14/3/2007 1:27:06 AM   
mumblin sumpthin

Didn't they already remake Escape From New York and called it Escape From L.A. and no one bothered going to see it? I just don't see the point, it's just another mindless waste of money that will probably go straight to DVD.

"Oh fine! Let's just haul out our swords and start banging away at each other! That will solve everything!"

"Please don't interrupt me when I'm asking rhetorical questions."

"Death is...whimsical today"

(in reply to Maria Noir)
Post #: 26
DON'T FUCK WITH THE SNAKE - 14/3/2007 8:41:15 AM   
nada

just dont

Post #: 27
RE: Oh No - 14/3/2007 9:01:38 AM   
Magenta

quote:

ORIGINAL: Maria Noir

*Sigh* Is nothing sacred? Mr. Butler I'm disappointed in you.

My sentiments exactly. I read this on another site but I realy didnt take it seriously I honestly thought they were being sarcastic.
The empire article says Butler could  do it so lets just hope he thinks better of it. No one could ever replace Kurt as Snake neverrrrr. I actualy feel all upset now

“If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you, but the question is, if I die, what are you going to do? Bon appétit... Eat or die. "

(in reply to Maria Noir)
Post #: 28
RE: Oh No - 14/3/2007 9:21:35 AM   
livewire

Please stop fucking remaking brilliant originals. It Spoils it fot the rest of us.

I`ve never had a message for anyone in my entire life. Except maybe to give out my room number" - Bonn Scott 1946 – 1980

Punchdrunk - 1981 - 2010

(in reply to Magenta)
Post #: 29
RE: Oh No - 14/3/2007 12:03:32 PM   
GandalfTheGrey

I love the post apocalyptic genre of film but its a shame they couldn't come up with something original like Neil Marshall's Doomsday.
But hey, loved the original so would definately check it out.
I always thought that the actor who plays Sawyer in lost would look the part of Snake?

(in reply to livewire)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Gerard Butler To Escape From New York Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI