Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 23/11/2007 2:45:27 AM   
RogueElement

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheManWithNoShame

I must say that the dead man rising out of the bath in Les Diaboliques was bloody horrific, infact the whole final reel of that film is pretty creepy.

I'm so impressed that Les Diaboliques was mentioned in the second post on the thread and I can't believe no one has mentioned it since! I recommended Les Diaboliques to mum and happened to phone her just after she'd watched the bath scene - she told me she jumped out of her skin

I jumped in the bit in Nightmare on Elm Street where Freddy jumps out of the mirror (at least I think that's what happens; it's been a few years since I've seen it). I hit the back of my head on the wall behind me.

The Descent was the scariest film I've seen in years (maybe ever).

quote:

ORIGINAL: Paxton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oahmADjz5Y8

Boy was I ever suckered into that! That was hilarious! I think karmic balance has been restored following my post Les Diaboliques phone call to my mum

(in reply to TheManWithNoShame)
Post #: 151
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 4/12/2007 11:37:29 PM   
markdavies

As Christmas is coming up, whats the scariest festive film?  Victorian ghost stories especially, but having read it to my daughter tonight,the Grinch who stole Christmas is a possible winner, she shit herself.  HO HO HO.   She`s four by the way.

< Message edited by markdavies -- 4/12/2007 11:38:08 PM >

He made me look ridiculous,
And a man in my position cannot afford to be made to look ridiculous

(in reply to RogueElement)
Post #: 152
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 5/12/2007 1:59:28 PM   
Heskin Radiophonic

Plenty of good scares here... certainly I'll include The Thing (remake), The Haunting (original of course), League of Gentlemen Xmas Special as scaring the living crap out of me.  But here's a bit of kids TV that really reintroduced me to a good scare...

"Are you my mummy?"

< Message edited by Heskin Radiophonic -- 5/12/2007 2:00:04 PM >

Heskin Radiophonic - Wait For No Man
new ep free download

(in reply to markdavies)
Post #: 153
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 5/3/2008 4:50:59 PM   
markdavies

quote:

ORIGINAL: RogueElement

quote:

I must say that the dead man rising out of the bath in Les Diaboliques was bloody horrific, infact the whole final reel of that film is pretty creepy.

I'm so impressed that Les Diaboliques was mentioned in the second post on the thread and I can't believe no one has mentioned it since! I recommended Les Diaboliques to mum and happened to phone her just after she'd watched the bath scene - she told me she jumped out of her skin

I jumped in the bit in Nightmare on Elm Street where Freddy jumps out of the mirror (at least I think that's what happens; it's been a few years since I've seen it). I hit the back of my head on the wall behind me.

quote:

Boy was I ever suckered into that! That was hilarious! I think karmic balance has been restored following my post Les Diaboliques phone call to my mum

Flicking through this I thought Watch Les Diaboliques.  Fuck me, you weren`t kidding.  The wife shit them.  I almost did, and I knew what was coming.

Post #: 154
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 5/3/2008 8:01:08 PM   
Film Brain

I Am Legend is jump scene hell, particluarly if you saw it in a nice loud cinema like I did.

A fatality involving a gun butt and something out of the dark London Underground in 28 Weeks Later.

A rather pathetic one, but Grendel suddenly jumping up in front of camera screaming in pain in Beowulf.

A head snapping off and parting ways with it's owner in Mindhunters. Also, a moment of puppetry with a dead big-name star.

< Message edited by Film Brain -- 5/3/2008 8:05:17 PM >

(in reply to markdavies)
Post #: 155
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 5/3/2008 10:08:08 PM   
Olaf

quote:

ORIGINAL: markdavies

Does anyone else remember La Cabina, a spanish film from the early seventies about a man stuck in a telephone box.  Starts off as a continental comedy, then turns into something awful, if I remember the ending properly.

Is it the one with [invisiotext!] all the dead bodies in the phone boothes at the end?  That seriously freaked me out when I saw it.

Link to the last few scenes here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpE5xfWK1C8&feature=related

< Message edited by Olaf -- 5/3/2008 10:11:27 PM >

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to markdavies)
Post #: 156
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 5/3/2008 10:30:40 PM   
Sutty

quote:

quote:

quote:

I just shit...

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

Post #: 157
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 6/3/2008 12:12:09 AM   
markdavies

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

quote:

Does anyone else remember La Cabina, a spanish film from the early seventies about a man stuck in a telephone box.  Starts off as a continental comedy, then turns into something awful, if I remember the ending properly.

Is it the one with [invisiotext!] all the dead bodies in the phone boothes at the end?  That seriously freaked me out when I saw it.

Oh yes my friend, it`s that one.  I recommend people watch it from the beginning though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NBiIfZwTek&feature=related

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 158
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 6/3/2008 12:17:40 AM   
markdavies

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

quote:

quote:

quote:

I just shit...

Then watch this.  No tricks, just good old fashioned  FUCK ME.  Sick of Championing this film, but it is great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPJoEd6WrE0

< Message edited by markdavies -- 6/3/2008 12:18:10 AM >

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 159
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 6/3/2008 12:47:48 AM   
The REAL Bozz

I think I was like 6 when I first saw that scene from Excorsist 3. Walked into the living room, wrong place, wrong time and now it's a repressed childhood memory!!

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to markdavies)
Post #: 160
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 6/3/2008 1:11:06 AM   
bertbirch

When i was a kid the ultimate scare for me was the  chairs on the table in Poltergesit...i know that is lame but I am being honest. I was terrified every time I went to get the dustpan from under the sink!

Henry Sherman: I don't think you're an asshole, Royal. I just think you're kind of a son of a bitch.

Royal: Well, I really appreciate that.

(in reply to The REAL Bozz)
Post #: 161
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 6/3/2008 8:59:05 AM   
grucl

There is a scene in Echoes that made me go "AHHH! SHIT!!!

All of the following happens in the same shot without any cuts:

Kevin Bacon sits down on a sofa. He then leans forward to pick something up from the table in front of him (camera follows him). When he leans back again there is a girl sitting next to him all of a sudden. The whole thing is accompanied by a very effective music cue.

There is a similar scene in In the mouth of madness with the additional twist that it happens twice which caught me completely off guard:
Sam Neill sits on a sofa, looks to the left, sees the ghost next to him, wakes up screaming from the nightmare, looks to the left, there's the ghost again, wakes up once more, looks to the left, this time no ghost. Creepy!

(in reply to bertbirch)
Post #: 162
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 6/3/2008 6:17:09 PM   
Olaf

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh yes my friend, it`s that one.  I recommend people watch it from the beginning though

Yeah, it certainly does make the sharp shift in tone a lot more unsettling when you've watched it from the start thinking it's a screwball comedy.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to markdavies)
Post #: 163
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 6/3/2008 7:18:29 PM   
markdavies

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah, it certainly does make the sharp shift in tone a lot more unsettling when you've watched it from the start thinking it's a screwball comedy.

Exactly how I viewed it as a ten year old staying up on a Saturday night for the Horror double bill that used to be on a Saturday on BBC2 in the early Eighties.  It was a filler between The night of the Demon, and The Ghoul.  Started off thinking, oh what merry continental japes. By the end I was thinking, light on tonight for sleep.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 164
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 6/3/2008 7:22:46 PM   
kumar

The Descent the first night vision scene, i was peeling my fingernails from the ceiling- brilliant scare was that.

Signs the thing is, this film has nothing to be scared about, and the scene at the birthday party; you have to give it to shyamalan, he made something so dull into a brief moment of terror.

he did that a couple of times in that film. I hate the Village but there is a bit where the girl is walking in the woods, and as the camera pans across, it reveals one of those bastards

stood there, watching here. Shit film, incredible bit.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to markdavies)
Post #: 165
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 6/3/2008 7:45:33 PM   
evil bill

I've noticed nobody has mentioned A L I E N,there's a number of oooohhh jeaus moments,from the egg opening then woosh,and one of my favorite,which you know is coming but fuck me well timed.Dallas in the air vents seaching for the Alien,(the Hunter becomes the hunted),we watch like the crew helpless as the blip grows louder ,up down where will he go then wam!!!!!!

"You listen to me now,i will find you and i will kill you!"

(in reply to markdavies)
Post #: 166
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 8/3/2008 9:02:53 PM   
Rob Robbington

When the girls crawls out of the TV in the original version of the Ring I very nearly crapped my pants.  I was watching it on VHS in the middle of the day with the curtains drawn.  I had to open them to let the daylight in.  I was 22 at the time and have never felt less manly.

(in reply to markdavies)
Post #: 167
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 8/3/2008 9:48:05 PM   
mustbebunnies

for some reason with me its always been the bit where the tv keeps turning itself on. ive always been somewhat iraationally un-nerved by tv static, and that really didn't help. Had to double check my tv was turned off for definate for a while after that...

(in reply to Rob Robbington)
Post #: 168
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 15/3/2008 11:40:59 PM   
jwd_73

Woman in Black freaked me out.Watched the stage show a few years back and loved it so i wanted to watch the bbc version so after some dead ends I typed it in ebay and it popped up for I think it was 7 so I bought it.On a day off I decided to watch it and enjoyed it until that scene which caused me to shiver afterwards I tried everything to get it out of my mind to no avail.For the next week or so Going to bed was no longer fun.I am not a big girls blouse.  

(in reply to mustbebunnies)
Post #: 169
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 1/4/2008 11:24:50 PM   
markdavies

Just watched hancock and joan on BBC3.  Did not like the scene at the end when Hancock became black and white and battled with the booze.

(in reply to jwd_73)
Post #: 170
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 2/4/2008 7:28:05 PM   
kingoftheducks

THE ORPHANAGE *SPOILERS*

The wonderful one-two punch of (a) woman getting hit by ambulance, mix in the creepy sackface doll being pulled from the pram, the ick of her husband having blood on his lips after mouth-to-mouth, the fleeting glimpse of a smashed in face and then that scary little whistle, which she reaches for and (b) BLAM! she grabs her hand, yay!

Also the door closing later in the film.

Read my Cinema Diary here:
http://www.theargus.co.uk/opinion/blogs/brighton_film_blogs/profile/34700/

Watch films I've made here:
http://www.youtube.com/kingoftheducks

Buy My Novel PSYWORM at www.firsttimepublishers.com PLEASE!

(in reply to markdavies)
Post #: 171
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 3/4/2008 1:59:07 PM   
princessa

**SPOILER**

Friday the 13th when the body jumps or is thrown out the window...

Crap film but it was still a good moment...

< Message edited by princessa -- 3/4/2008 2:00:18 PM >
Post #: 172
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 3/4/2008 2:46:23 PM   
fuzzy

Love the fact that people are talking about Woman in Black. Definately gave me sleepless nights. I was 9 or 10 at the time and watched it alone. They repeated it for a couple of years after, usually around Christmas time. I remember when it was kind of tradition to put a ghost story on late Christmas Eve night, not sure why.

Ghostwatch too, the missus reintroduced me to this a couple of years ago. Had a couple of genuinely creepy moments, especially with the figure by the curtain. The hammy performances by Craig Charles and the young girl kind of spoiled it though.

(in reply to princessa)
Post #: 173
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 3/4/2008 3:04:41 PM   
Mozza

quote:

I found it on Youtube, and it freaked me out a little.  But you're right, the shift in tone is disarming.

(in reply to markdavies)
Post #: 174
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 3/4/2008 6:36:41 PM   
tommyjarvis

quote:

ORIGINAL: princessa

**SPOILER**

Friday the 13th when the body jumps or is thrown out the window...

Crap film but it was still a good moment...

I quite like that film. But the same jolt is used to better effect in parts 4 and 5.

"I've been too honest with myself, I should have lied like everybody else"

My Top 101 Rock Songs - The first Audiophile list to actually get completed!

(in reply to princessa)
Post #: 175
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 15/4/2008 11:49:35 AM   
gene bradley

Saw an episode of the x-files last night on Living, this woman in her kitchen
looks out the window and see's an image of her dead husband with a grapling
hook through his head, scared the crap out of me.

"I don't use any particular method. I'm from
the lets pretend school of acting."
Harrison Ford

"Children may well enjoy its simple-mindedness,
untroubled by the fact that it looks so shoddy
and so uninventive."

(in reply to tommyjarvis)
Post #: 176
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 15/4/2008 12:17:07 PM   
will1000

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mozza

quote:

I found it on Youtube, and it freaked me out a little.  But you're right, the shift in tone is disarming.

I couldn't help but think that the whole operation seemed a little to elaborate!  It came off like some sort of James Bond villains scheme with the base built into a mountain!

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 177
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 15/4/2008 12:43:47 PM   
impqueen

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillHicksRIP

For jumping clean out of your chair, the engine landing near the start of Donnie Darko was pretty unexpected the first time. For an "ARRGH!" moment, the door to the music room slamming shut in The Others... 

I almost broke my arm in the cinema when that occurred, slammed it right into the hard arm rest at a very awkward angle...wussy Imp...

I agree with the Sloth victim in Seven and I also jumped watching What Lies Beneath despite knowing that Ford would pop up at the end, oh and Final Destination with the bus-SPLAT.   

Yes, always.

(in reply to BillHicksRIP)
Post #: 178
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 18/5/2008 8:01:43 PM   
markdavies

quote:

ORIGINAL: gene bradley

Saw an episode of the x-files last night on Living, this woman in her kitchen
looks out the window and see's an image of her dead husband with a grapling
hook through his head, scared the crap out of me.

I remember watching an X files about a redneck family that had the most horrific scene with a deformed thing living either under the bed or under the Kitchen sink, which they were feeding.  Fucking awful.

(in reply to gene bradley)
Post #: 179
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 18/5/2008 9:54:04 PM   
Fletcher

Not a movie jump as such but a movie related scare. 

Back when the first scream came out i bought the costume for my uni's halloween party. The following week i went home for a few days but didn't tell my sister i was coming home. When i saw her walking down the caul de sac i ran and changed into the costume and hid behind the living room door. Needless to say she wasn't best pleased after her heart had stopped jumping!

'Oh come on! Everybody knows this man tried to stab me through the neck, and you MISSED!....... butter fingers!'

The Bunk is strictly a suit and tie motherfucker

(in reply to markdavies)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI