Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 20/10/2007 3:03:18 AM   
Rockin Ricky Rialto

quote:

ORIGINAL: markdavies

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheDude84
i first saw that film at a very very young age (i'm talking around 6 or 7 years old) and that film is pretty much the only film i cant watch by myself (by the way im a doorman at a club).

i just brought a film by wes craven called the serpent and the rainbow, i saw it years ago on TV and it always stuck with me as having a fare few good jumpy bits in it.....i recomend it.

Don't wanna spoil it for those who haven't seen it. Surprised it hasn't been mentioned actually.

The end of Dont Look Now.

Nearly died!

You`re shitting me, has that film not been mentioned?  Oh my God, as if the awkward midget turning round wasn`t awful enough, the throat slitting scene has to take it.  Did you ever figure out why the dwarf was running around in a red jacket, anyway.  Don`t say read the short story, Du Maurier is hard work at the best of times.  Good work fella!

"Joey, do you like movies about gladiators? "

"Hanging Lady: Nervous?
Ted Striker: Yes.
Hanging Lady: First time?
Ted Striker: No, I've been nervous lots of times. "

(in reply to markdavies)
Post #: 121
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 20/10/2007 11:51:14 AM   
TheDude84

That’s one of the really cool things about Don’t Look Now.
You havn’t a clue why its happening. Its just an evil.

It definitely helps put you in the mindset of the characters when you are only exposed to what they are exposed to.   Why should the viewer be more in the loop than the characters?  Great Film with a great atmosphere.

No reason at all to play it quiet.

No reason to play it any way but my way

(in reply to Rockin Ricky Rialto)
Post #: 122
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 20/10/2007 7:50:47 PM   
verymetalmatt

The bit in American Werewolf in the hospital bed always makes me shit trou.

Also, Final Destination at the end where she gets hit by the bus, oof.

Just getting my halloween films together: People on the forum have been saying the Woman in Black is the scariest film ever, with the changeling coming a close second, so i picked them both up on ebay, gulp.

(in reply to TheDude84)
Post #: 123
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 24/10/2007 8:49:07 AM   
markdavies

quote:

ORIGINAL: verymetalmatt

The bit in American Werewolf in the hospital bed always makes me shit trou.

Also, Final Destination at the end where she gets hit by the bus, oof.

Just getting my halloween films together: People on the forum have been saying the Woman in Black is the scariest film ever, with the changeling coming a close second, so i picked them both up on ebay, gulp.

What about The Believers, starring Martin Sheen.  Great little horror film.

He made me look ridiculous,
And a man in my position cannot afford to be made to look ridiculous

(in reply to verymetalmatt)
Post #: 124
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 24/10/2007 9:28:06 AM   
zcarstheme

quote:

ORIGINAL: verymetalmatt

Saw The Woman In Black for the first time last Saturday with a few friends, cranked up loud on a 1.5 metre home cinema screen. At a (cough) certain point, it was all a bit intense. There were screams. Proper loud screams. Including from my wife, who is nails when it comes to horror movies and has seen everything under the sun.

She insists that I screamed too. To be honest, I can't remember. I was too busy wondering if I'd shat myself. But it goes straight into my top 5 jump shots of all time. And anyone who hunts down the scene in question on YouTube and whines that its not really scary hasn't actually seen it; it needs the funereal pace of the 50-odd minutes beforehand to pay off.

Great flick.

http://www.jinx.co.uk - Fiercely independent horror filmmaking

Post #: 125
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 24/10/2007 9:44:57 AM   
Mozza

If t's even a 10th as scary as the stage version (which, I'm not ashamed to admit it, shit me right up big style) then I wont be seeking it out at any time.

(in reply to zcarstheme)
Post #: 126
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 25/10/2007 2:52:41 PM   
The Summoned Muse

It's not really one for sudden shocks, but Wolf Creek REALLY got to me. The whole atmosphere just became so overwhelming and oppressive, and the fear was just so relentless. I couldn't sleep for days afterwards, and brilliant though the film was, I don't think I'll be able to watch it again.

The only film I've seen that had a similar impact was The Blair Witch Project. OK, so people have criticised it since, but I saw it just after it came out, and when the film finished there was silence from the whole audience, followed by an audible sigh of relief (on second thoughts, maybe that's not a good thing, considering what some people thought of it...)

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 127
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 25/10/2007 4:06:17 PM   
markdavies

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Summoned Muse

It's not really one for sudden shocks, but Wolf Creek REALLY got to me. The whole atmosphere just became so overwhelming and oppressive, and the fear was just so relentless. I couldn't sleep for days afterwards, and brilliant though the film was, I don't think I'll be able to watch it again.

The only film I've seen that had a similar impact was The Blair Witch Project. OK, so people have criticised it since, but I saw it just after it came out, and when the film finished there was silence from the whole audience, followed by an audible sigh of relief (on second thoughts, maybe that's not a good thing, considering what some people thought of it...)

My wife still can`t understand why i bought this on dvd, obviously not for the picture and sound quality, but the extras are great.  Watched it on halloween, and was genuinely disturbed, didn`t like the bit with the backs to the wall.  Met a friend outside, who had also seen it, and asked them what they thought.  "Well I`ve sat through some shite in my time" was her reply. 

(in reply to The Summoned Muse)
Post #: 128
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 27/10/2007 11:37:15 PM   
markdavies

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mozza

If t's even a 10th as scary as the stage version (which, I'm not ashamed to admit it, shit me right up big style) then I wont be seeking it out at any time.

Now then Geordie lad, is this Play near us at any point in the future? only heard  folks talking about it in that London.

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 129
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 28/10/2007 12:06:11 PM   
pettsy

quote:

I don't think it could be any worse. That play was scarier than any film I've ever seen!

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 130
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 28/10/2007 12:51:40 PM   
curtain twitcher

The bit in 28 Weeks Later when the woman pulls the cloth out of the space in the boarded up walls and then the infected womans red eyes appear between the gaps, she then tries to pull her through the wood and then bites her on the arm, it is really violent! Fucking frightening!

There are so many other scenes in movies that have and have not been mentioned here! God there are so many! The Exorcist 3 lift and granny wall crawling scenes got me too! Also, the bit in the original Hell raiser when she first opens the box and the music comes on! It's just that music adds to the overall atmosphere, it gives it that extra edge! The first time you see it oh-ho bloody hell, but it admittedly becomes less scary once you have seen it a few times, i think it helps when you are watching it for the first time when you are about fourteen as i did! Can i just say this is also a really great thread, it is reminding me of so many teenage scares me and my mates got from watching films like these!

< Message edited by curtain twitcher -- 28/10/2007 2:33:13 PM >

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

There are two kinds of people in the world, my friend. Those who have a rope around their neck and those who have the job of cutting.

(in reply to pettsy)
Post #: 131
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 28/10/2007 1:16:14 PM   
jimbo909

I remember watching An American Werewolf in London with my friends when I was thirteen or something. Can't remember which precise bit scared me at the time. Probably the Nazi-pigs.

"This is an oldie. Well, it's an oldie where I come from."

(in reply to curtain twitcher)
Post #: 132
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 28/10/2007 5:42:14 PM   
markdavies

quote:

ORIGINAL: curtain twitcher

The bit in 28 Weeks Later when the woman pulls the cloth out of the space in the boarded up walls and then the infected womans red eyes appear between the gaps, she then tries to pull her through the wood and then bites her on the arm, it is really violent! Fucking frightening!

There are so many other scenes in movies that have and have not been mentioned here! God there are so many! The Exorcist 3 lift and granny wall crawling scenes got me too! Also, the bit in the original Hell raiser when she first opens the box and the music comes on! It's just that music adds to the overall atmosphere, it gives it that extra edge! The first time you see it oh-ho bloody hell, but it admittedly becomes less scary once you have seen it a few times, i think it helps when you are watching it for the first time when you are about fourteen as i did! Can i just say this is also a really great thread, it is reminding me of so many teenage scares me and my mates got from watching films like these!

Aren`t those clips taken  from Kevin Federlines home movies," Give me back Muh Babies, hic"

(in reply to curtain twitcher)
Post #: 133
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 28/10/2007 5:47:35 PM   
markdavies

Can anyone remember a film from the eighties called Nightmare Vacation?  the last scene was truly awful.  If I remember rightly, The "girl" main star of the film is seen screaming, naked, holding the severed head of her new boyfriend, (and its a real Jim Dandy, Ren and Stimpy fans)whilst the camera pans back to reveal....... Shes a BOY.  Awful, and mental.

(in reply to markdavies)
Post #: 134
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 28/10/2007 5:51:54 PM   
zcarstheme

It goes under its original title of Sleepaway Camp nowadays. There's a 3 movie box set on DVD, and it crops up on satellite quite a lot.

http://www.jinx.co.uk - Fiercely independent horror filmmaking

(in reply to markdavies)
Post #: 135
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 28/10/2007 5:54:20 PM   
markdavies

Nice one, cheers mate

(in reply to zcarstheme)
Post #: 136
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 29/10/2007 10:39:25 AM   
Horror Nut

Speaking of The Woman in Black.........and that bloody scene :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRpBdYgh4cA

The scene that very nearly killed me as a kid. I mean, who could forget that face!!! 

< Message edited by Horror Nut -- 29/10/2007 10:46:13 AM >

"Justin, someone just came on your cat".

"It's impossible to reconcile. It's kind of in a purgatory of it's own: you're not in heaven, you're not in hell......you're in Hollywood".

The New and Improved Horror Nut.......in 3D!!!

(in reply to markdavies)
Post #: 137
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 29/10/2007 4:31:48 PM   
Mozza

quote:

ORIGINAL: markdavies

quote:

Now then Geordie lad, is this Play near us at any point in the future? only heard  folks talking about it in that London.

Unfortunately for you, the touring version did a week at the Theatre Royal earlier this year!

If you do find yourself in London, though, I can't recommend it highly enough.  The theatre they show it in is tiny (the Fortune) so it really adds to the tension.

(in reply to markdavies)
Post #: 138
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 29/10/2007 6:30:27 PM   
markdavies

quote:

ORIGINAL: pettsy

I've just found this, which may be the cause of the confusion, but as long as yours isn't athermic apparently there shouldn't be a problem.

What has this got to do with anything, and what the fuck does athermic mean?

Post #: 139
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 29/10/2007 6:35:22 PM   
pettsy

Apologies, my stupid browser is messing about.

Move along, nothing to see here!

What I was going to say here was, The Fortune is a hell of a lot easier to find now the Lord Of The Rings show is directly opposite! 

< Message edited by pettsy -- 29/10/2007 6:36:16 PM >

(in reply to markdavies)
Post #: 140
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 29/10/2007 7:42:37 PM   
markdavies

quote:

ORIGINAL: pettsy

Apologies, my stupid browser is messing about.

Move along, nothing to see here!

What I was going to say here was, The Fortune is a hell of a lot easier to find now the Lord Of The Rings show is directly opposite! 

Nice one, I should be in that London in the new year, so I might check it out.

(in reply to pettsy)
Post #: 141
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 2/11/2007 9:23:54 AM   
matty_b

I was watching Carrie last night, and whilst the obvious scare to mention is the end, there's one before it that's just as scary and freaky. It's when Carrie returns home from the prom drenched in blood and has a bath - when she turns the bathroom light on you see her mother standing behind the door just staring.

Scares the bejesus out of me every time!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to markdavies)
Post #: 142
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 2/11/2007 3:29:36 PM   
markdavies

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

I was watching Carrie last night, and whilst the obvious scare to mention is the end, there's one before it that's just as scary and freaky. It's when Carrie returns home from the prom drenched in blood and has a bath - when she turns the bathroom light on you see her mother standing behind the door just staring.

Scares the bejesus out of me every time!

absolutely spot on.  I watched Lady in White (not to be confused with woman in black) at work, on nights.  Great scene in that, similar, with the lady looking in through the window.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 143
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 5/11/2007 1:37:08 PM   
Lupin 3

LOTR : Fellowship... When Bilbo see's the ring in Rivendell. I simply was not expecting it. But the one that nearly killed me was the false ending dream from American Werewolf in London, saw it when I was a youngster and it will forever be a part of me.

(in reply to markdavies)
Post #: 144
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 7/11/2007 2:01:25 PM   
verymetalmatt

Watched TWIB the other night, proper shit me up!  That bit in the bed is horrible :(

Another one I watched over halloween was 'dont look now'.  It was really strange - during the first 3/4's of the film I thought 'hmm this isnt so much a horror, more a study of loss and grief etc' then the last act kicked in....  Man, that dwarf was soooo freaky......!!  Excellent.

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 145
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 9/11/2007 3:27:14 PM   
thepluginbaby

I saw Event Horizon at the wrong age.  Scared me shitless.  If that waste of time director is good for anything it was probably for Event Horizon... 

But thinking of moments where I actually jumped out of my seat is a toughie.  I had a couple of pints before I saw The Grudge, not the most pleasant of cinema going experiences... Hair monsters, creepy little Japanese kids whose eyes should not be that wide open...  One moment I actually do remember is the bit in Spiderman when Wilhem Dafoe wakes up the day after...  "Last night I was..." ahh!!!  Those violins are like knives I tell yous!     

I had a friend who saw the stage version of The Woman in Black; he couldn't sleep for a week afterwards, I thought he was joking but I'm obviously going to have to check that one out now.  cheers!      

< Message edited by thepluginbaby -- 9/11/2007 3:30:21 PM >

"I have come to the conclusion that my gut, has shit for brains."

"Must go faster..."

My personal blog, ToBePhair, full of frantic movie/music/video game scribblings: http://tobephair.blogspot.com/

Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ToBePhair

Post #: 146
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 16/11/2007 1:25:17 PM   
Paxton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oahmADjz5Y8

I drink your milkshake.

Films I am jazzed for:

Not a whole lot these days...

(in reply to thepluginbaby)
Post #: 147
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 16/11/2007 8:35:46 PM   
Flanboy

Seven - dead guy Sitting up
American Werewolf in London - Hospital dream(s), especially the nazi thing through the window!
Shaun Of The Dead - When Zombified Pete puts his hand through the shower curtain
The Departed - Billy Costigan Getting shot in the Lift 

< Message edited by Flanboy -- 13/10/2009 2:00:45 PM >

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 148
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 16/11/2007 10:11:59 PM   
markdavies

quote:

ORIGINAL: Paxton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oahmADjz5Y8

Nice one, just spilt me fucking wine all over me trousers, even though I could guess what was coming. Honest.

Coming back atcha with this quite awful clip.  Genuinely scary, especially from around 4:35 point.  Watched this in bed a couple of years ago and didn`t like it, not one little bit.  Missy is the Lutz`s little girl, by the way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2yec5OE9w8&feature=related

< Message edited by markdavies -- 16/11/2007 11:50:20 PM >

(in reply to Paxton)
Post #: 149
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 20/11/2007 8:33:20 PM   
markdavies

Does anyone else remember La Cabina, a spanish film from the early seventies about a man stuck in a telephone box.  Starts off as a continental comedy, then turns into something awful, if I remember the ending properly.

(in reply to markdavies)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI