Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 8/10/2007 2:16:27 PM   
BillHicksRIP

For jumping clean out of your chair, the engine landing near the start of Donnie Darko was pretty unexpected the first time. For an "ARRGH!" moment, the door to the music room slamming shut in The Others... 

(in reply to Timmy_Brisby_05)
Post #: 91
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 8/10/2007 4:22:31 PM   
Gram123

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rusted Armour

quote:

ORIGINAL: markdavies

didnt like the bit in pet sematary, about the sister. Freaked the shit right outta me.

Too effing right. I hate that woman...

Thirded. What a stupid film, but that scene properly freaked me out....

< Message edited by Gram123 -- 8/10/2007 4:23:08 PM >

Gram123's Top Songs Project

(in reply to Rusted Armour)
Post #: 92
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 8/10/2007 5:24:40 PM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheDude84

Child's Play when Chuckie first loses it. Was pretty young when I watched it and thought his face was always gonna look like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6znz_gJgxs

Doesn't always have to be horror films.
At the end of Willow when Raziel thinks Bavmorda is dead and pokes her.

What I find funny about that scene in Chucky is that the woman doesn't seem to think anything is wrong until she finds the batteries. Doesn't she find it a bit weird that the doll talks to her when she yells at it? Isn't she aware they aren't voice commanded?

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to TheDude84)
Post #: 93
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 8/10/2007 6:03:36 PM   
VincentHanna

Hmmmm....
As already mentioned, sloth in Seven.
The end of Ringu. I watched it on a bright Saturday afternoon with the curtains open and was still parping myself by the end.
Most of the original Dark Water and most of the original Grudge had me fairly bricking it as well, Dark Water especially. Not The Eye though, for some reason.

As for Exorcist III - that scene will stay in memory forever. The main reason being, I saw it when it first came out, on a packed Saturday night at the dearly departed Roxy in Hollinwood. At that point in the film, one woman screamed so loud I thought her head was going to explode. She nearly had a fit. I think more of us jumped at her scream than anything else.

In The Mouth Of Madness - maybe because I was the only one watching it at the old cinema on Salford Quays on a Halloween special.

I reserve my most embarrassing moment for Jurassic bloody Park of all things.
Major spoilers here:
You remember the scene where Laura Dern goes to restart the generator and one raptor chases her until she backs against a fence only for Sam Jackson's arm to fall on her? Only it's just his arm, not the rest of him, and THEN another raptor appears? Well, that was the bit. Spoilers end.
Christ, I literally took off from the seat. Cue much laughing from those around me, probably wondering why a grown man is so scared of a "kiddy" film.

No one's listening to you. If you wanna complain, write it on a piece of paper. And shove it up your ass.

(in reply to doubtlesswonder)
Post #: 94
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 9/10/2007 3:52:26 AM   
doubtlesswonder

I'vee just been re-watching the first two seasons of Lost to refresh my memory in preparation for my season 3 boxset arriving (I don't have sky so I haven't seen any of it yet) and even though I knew it was coming, I jumped a mile when Professor Arzt blew up while explaining how dangerous Nitro-glycerin is

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to VincentHanna)
Post #: 95
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 11/10/2007 12:15:04 AM   
markdavies

quote:

ORIGINAL: risendead

Not really big jumps but if we're talking moments that freak me out...

The woman under the duvet in The Grudge (the original one), not nice....

The scene in The Haunting (again the original) where the banging noise moves down the corridor. I watched this movie on my own at home when I was about 18 and after that scene had to turn my bedroom light on to watch the rest. The only time this have ever happened to me.

And finally the bit in The Changeling when they play back the seance on the tape recorder and hear the ghost childs voice.

Watched both of these films with my late Mother, at about the same time.  I admitted to her that I had started smoking, and that I was gagging for a fag (17).  Never been so scared in my life.  The Haunting, the holding my hand scene, the changeling, the wheelchair, bath scene.  she called me a daft bugger, gave me a fag, and said that our house was haunted, by the smell of pipe smoke.  Later found out, after smelling it, that she was taking the piss out of me.  My Mam was a star!

He made me look ridiculous,
And a man in my position cannot afford to be made to look ridiculous

(in reply to risendead)
Post #: 96
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 11/10/2007 12:22:00 AM   
markdavies

quote:

ORIGINAL: VincentHanna

Hmmmm....
As already mentioned, sloth in Seven.
The end of Ringu. I watched it on a bright Saturday afternoon with the curtains open and was still parping myself by the end.
Most of the original Dark Water and most of the original Grudge had me fairly bricking it as well, Dark Water especially. Not The Eye though, for some reason.

As for Exorcist III - that scene will stay in memory forever. The main reason being, I saw it when it first came out, on a packed Saturday night at the dearly departed Roxy in Hollinwood. At that point in the film, one woman screamed so loud I thought her head was going to explode. She nearly had a fit. I think more of us jumped at her scream than anything else.

In The Mouth Of Madness - maybe because I was the only one watching it at the old cinema on Salford Quays on a Halloween special.

I reserve my most embarrassing moment for Jurassic bloody Park of all things.
Major spoilers here:
You remember the scene where Laura Dern goes to restart the generator and one raptor chases her until she backs against a fence only for Sam Jackson's arm to fall on her? Only it's just his arm, not the rest of him, and THEN another raptor appears? Well, that was the bit. Spoilers end.
Christ, I literally took off from the seat. Cue much laughing from those around me, probably wondering why a grown man is so scared of a "kiddy" film.

I have never met anyone whom saw Exorcist III at the pictures.  Count yourself proud,that must have been brilliant.  You must have shit yourself at the aforementioned part.  I remember bringing friends around to my house full of Diamond White, and just sitting back to look at the faces.  Class. 

Also has anyone seen the bbc version of MR James`s whistle and I`ll come to you.  The bit at the end, where the bed comes to life, and Michael Hordern just loses it,  Fantastic.

< Message edited by markdavies -- 11/10/2007 9:16:55 AM >

(in reply to VincentHanna)
Post #: 97
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 11/10/2007 12:24:48 AM   
markdavies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jgmwm-98BE

Granted the kid one is bordering on cruelty, but stick with it for the last two.

< Message edited by markdavies -- 11/10/2007 9:15:13 AM >

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 98
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 11/10/2007 6:43:27 PM   
sophiemagnolia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Raol Duke

The scene in Signs when you first see the Aliens on the home video at the kids party really caught me off guard.

I fell into the headphones on PC trap in the dark, and have to admit i nearly fell off my chair at this point! But when I watched it on the big tv with other people it just wasn't as scary as that first time

The duvet scene in the orginal grudge. How is anyone supposed to get some kip after this?!

For some bizarre reason the scene in what lies beneath where she is looking through the binoculars and she's trying to find the guy and then he is looking right at her.

Oh the photo scene in IT where he starts growling and walking towards the screen

< Message edited by sophiemagnolia -- 11/10/2007 7:06:28 PM >

(in reply to Raol Duke)
Post #: 99
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 11/10/2007 6:58:20 PM   
kenada_woo

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

I never bothered with Exorcist III, presuming it was crap from the reviews might check it out now, what is Decent by the way, never heard of it.

Same here, but I've just checked out the scene mentioned above and a few other scenes that are on Youtube.  It looks fucking great.  Is it any good?

If we're talking about not so well know films that make me jump Dead And Buried has a couple of good ones, the best being that burnt victim inside a crashed car.  The guys is almost a skill he's that badly burnt, until someone flashes a light in his face - then he wakes up.

Bit like Seven

http://dereksdontrunfilms.blogspot.co.uk/

"You bailed out a Jamaican street named Monkey the other day, I want him. This other piece of shit, Screwface, I want him. I know you're a scumbag and a puke, I don't mind that, but give me what I need and I'll leave here a nice guy. If you don't, I'm gonna fuck you up. "

Hatcher. Marked For Death

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 100
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 11/10/2007 7:18:26 PM   
bertbirch

quote:

Birmingham, 1991, watching this for the first time, scared already by the old lady crawling on the ceiling, saw this bit, Screamed, enjoyed the rest of the film. 1998, Bought it on video, sat back to watch the wifes face,tremendous. Thank you so much for the picture. Isn`t it the best of the Exorcist films?
quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cuchulainn

Yeah,The Exorcist III...

'You fucking bastard!!!',I recall shrieking when I saw this...My girlfriend started crying she got such a fright...That was great...

Birmingham, 1991, watching this for the first time, scared already by the old lady crawling on the ceiling, saw this bit, Screamed, enjoyed the rest of the film. 1998, Bought it on video, sat back to watch the wifes face,tremendous.  Thank you so much for the picture.  Isn`t it the best of the Exorcist films?

I was going to post that as my shock moment after reading the topic of this thread but I'm so glad someone else found it scary. It's the way she moves, it fucks me up, after I saw it for the first time I looked at the ceiling above me every time a took a piss for a week, bloody terrifying. I also agree with the Exorcist III being the best movie, I loved it.

Henry Sherman: I don't think you're an asshole, Royal. I just think you're kind of a son of a bitch.

Royal: Well, I really appreciate that.

(in reply to markdavies)
Post #: 101
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 11/10/2007 7:50:07 PM   
sophiemagnolia

Thought of another one but I'm not sure what film it is. I was channel flicking late one night, to be greeted with the scene of a guy shoving his hand up some guys arse all the way up through his body then up through to his mouth? then pulled his band back down holding on and turned him inside out. I promptly turned the channel back over and tried not to throw up. No clue what the hell it was, I was about 14 at the time  Anyone recognise the description? I literally just saw this scene so I wouldn't even know where to start to find out what it is.

(in reply to bertbirch)
Post #: 102
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 11/10/2007 9:41:50 PM   
TheDude84

Not technically a film moment, but if you own Chopper on DVD......

Go on to the extras, choose the deleted scene called ghost. 

Illegal substances recommended but not essential.

No reason at all to play it quiet.

No reason to play it any way but my way

(in reply to sophiemagnolia)
Post #: 103
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 12/10/2007 9:11:16 AM   
markdavies

It`s a lovely moment from a film called society.  Did you see the infamous "Butthead" moment.  I think the lead is called Billy Warlock, or some such bollocks.  He was a lead in the first series of baywatch, despite being three foot seven.

Post #: 104
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 12/10/2007 9:12:38 AM   
markdavies

quote:

ORIGINAL: kenada_woo

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

I never bothered with Exorcist III, presuming it was crap from the reviews might check it out now, what is Decent by the way, never heard of it.

Same here, but I've just checked out the scene mentioned above and a few other scenes that are on Youtube.  It looks fucking great.  Is it any good?

If we're talking about not so well know films that make me jump Dead And Buried has a couple of good ones, the best being that burnt victim inside a crashed car.  The guys is almost a skill he's that badly burnt, until someone flashes a light in his face - then he wakes up.

Bit like Seven

Trust me, it`s very good.

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 105
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 12/10/2007 9:21:16 AM   
markdavies

quote:

ORIGINAL: sophiemagnolia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Raol Duke

The scene in Signs when you first see the Aliens on the home video at the kids party really caught me off guard.

I fell into the headphones on PC trap in the dark, and have to admit i nearly fell off my chair at this point! But when I watched it on the big tv with other people it just wasn't as scary as that first time

The duvet scene in the orginal grudge. How is anyone supposed to get some kip after this?!

For some bizarre reason the scene in what lies beneath where she is looking through the binoculars and she's trying to find the guy and then he is looking right at her.

Oh the photo scene in IT where he starts growling and walking towards the screen

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god.

Post #: 106
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 12/10/2007 8:05:36 PM   
sophiemagnolia

quote:

It`s a lovely moment from a film called society.  Did you see the infamous "Butthead" moment.  I think the lead is called Billy Warlock, or some such bollocks.  He was a lead in the first series of baywatch, despite being three foot seven.

No didn't see the butthead moment, just the inside out scene. I don't think I will be rushing out to buy it for nostalgia! But nice to know it wasn't all inside my head and is a real film Thanks Mark

(in reply to markdavies)
Post #: 107
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 12/10/2007 9:46:40 PM   
mscuriosity

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob_Gordon

a lot of great scares have been mentioned here. The Eye really comes to mind as a movie that scared the bejesus out of me. I don't know if this has been done elsewhere, but when I saw the film in theatres, it had the most horrible opening moment ever: The film begins normally, opening logos and everything, until suddenly the film appears to burn and snap. Even the damn lights came partly back on. So theres me, getting up already, looking around with my then date for the reason when BAM! the damn faceless woman seen in the trailers bursts on the screen with a horrid bloody scream and the lights go out, followed by a text: Enjoy the cinema experience. Both of us not only screamed our lungs out, but stayed impossibly quiet - still trying to steady our heartbeats throughout the entire movie.

I'm so glad i wasn't the only one who almost pissed themselves before the film even started! I actually was so scared by that bit i thought about leaving.

You can't drink a pint of Bovril

(in reply to Rob_Gordon)
Post #: 108
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 14/10/2007 12:30:53 PM   
will1000

Had to go and buy the original Ju-on The Grudge after seeing those pics, and by god it is actually pretty freaky!  Especially 'that' noise (you know the one I am talking about!).  I have been trying to find it on the net but cant :(

(in reply to mscuriosity)
Post #: 109
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 14/10/2007 2:08:31 PM   
sophiemagnolia

The noises are terrifying and I can't recall hearing anything in another film like it (obviously until the remake). Maybe we should have a scariest sound effect thread, but I think that wierd croaking would probably top it

(in reply to will1000)
Post #: 110
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 14/10/2007 2:37:00 PM   
hozay

The opening scenes in the Korean film Into The Mirror are scary if you're not expecting it.I watched it knowing absolutely nothing about the film.I don't want to spoil it but just keep your eye on what's happening in the mirror with the pizza cutter.

Post #: 111
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 15/10/2007 3:11:57 AM   
Papa Jeff

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the "girl in the wardrobe" part in the american remake of the ring, i was fucking terrified.

(in reply to hozay)
Post #: 112
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 15/10/2007 11:28:02 AM   
Le Tenia

Arachnaphobia. When the spider crawls out the dead guys nose. Almost left the cinema i was that scared.........

" It's the age-old irony of the liberal left, they practice oppression and call it equality. "

(in reply to Papa Jeff)
Post #: 113
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 15/10/2007 11:38:13 AM   
nicholsonsmhead

The Thompson's Water Seal adverts from years ago.  That bloke was well scary, he made it seem like failing to apply the stuff to your roof would usher in the apocalypse, or worse.

'Does the codename 'Sapphire' mean anything to you?'

'Hey, what if we cross-circuit the accelerator? Might give us more er...er, ohms or something.'

'Hi, I'm Max Keller. I'm a seagull.'

(in reply to Le Tenia)
Post #: 114
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 15/10/2007 11:10:49 PM   
TheDude84

This snippet of The Shining always really freaked me out. So it's such a disturbing image as it's very strange and you see them and just as you're thinking "What the fuck is...." the camera zooms in and it's in your face.  Good scare!

Also watched Tremors last night and the farmers head under the hat on the floor still makes me jump.

(in reply to nicholsonsmhead)
Post #: 115
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 16/10/2007 9:17:21 AM   
markdavies

quote:

This snippet of The Shining always really freaked me out. So it's such a disturbing image as it's very strange and you see them and just as you're thinking "What the fuck is...." the camera zooms in and it's in your face.  Good scare!

Also watched Tremors last night and the farmers head under the hat on the floor still makes me jump.

Wonderful party, isn`t it?

(in reply to TheDude84)
Post #: 116
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 16/10/2007 12:24:08 PM   
DazDaMan

I started quite early with regards to horror films, but An American Werewolf in London (where Jack gets attacked) scared the shit out of me first time around, as well as the dream sequence in the woods.

There's been a few others, but I can't think off the top of my head just now....

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to markdavies)
Post #: 117
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 16/10/2007 12:28:51 PM   
DazDaMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: sophiemagnolia

The noises are terrifying and I can't recall hearing anything in another film like it (obviously until the remake). Maybe we should have a scariest sound effect thread, but I think that wierd croaking would probably top it

Dunno, what about the hissing water effect as the shark approaches the Orca in Jaws?  That always made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

Post #: 118
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 19/10/2007 7:59:03 PM   
TheDude84

Don't wanna spoil it for those who haven't seen it. Surprised it hasn't been mentioned actually.

The end of Dont Look Now.

Nearly died!

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 119
RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! - 19/10/2007 11:30:14 PM   
markdavies

quote:

Don't wanna spoil it for those who haven't seen it. Surprised it hasn't been mentioned actually.

The end of Dont Look Now.

Nearly died!

You`re shitting me, has that film not been mentioned?  Oh my God, as if the awkward midget turning round wasn`t awful enough, the throat slitting scene has to take it.  Did you ever figure out why the dwarf was running around in a red jacket, anyway.  Don`t say read the short story, Du Maurier is hard work at the best of times.  Good work fella!

< Message edited by markdavies -- 19/10/2007 11:31:45 PM >

(in reply to TheDude84)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: OOOHHH JESUS. Warning... SPOILERS!!! Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI