Shaun The Sheep

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Shaun The Sheep Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Shaun The Sheep - 8/3/2007 5:45:46 PM   
mrdoom14

After the disapointing Flushed Away Aardman and Dreamworks split up and went there seperate ways. Now Aardman are back to there original brilliance with this witty and funny TV show about Shaun from the W&G episode The Close Shave. There is also a bunch of fantastic new characters in this show. Wach Shaun The Sheep weekdays on BBC1 at 3.45 pm. Its cracking Aardman

Last Films I Watched
Tell No One
Hot Fuzz
Post #: 1
RE: Shaun The Sheep - 8/3/2007 9:24:16 PM   
soderbergh1

flushed away wasn't disappointing! it was brilliant!! really funny, great characters... what more do you expect from an aardman film?!

"Well, when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the bastard. That's my policy."

LAST 3 FILMS WATCHED:
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe ***
Iron Man ***
Dasavatharam ***

(in reply to mrdoom14)
Post #: 2
RE: Shaun The Sheep - 8/3/2007 9:49:41 PM   
Indio

Shaun The Sheep is great, possibly the best thing on TV at the moment (after The Sopranos).

'Think about the future.'

(in reply to soderbergh1)
Post #: 3
RE: Shaun The Sheep - 8/3/2007 10:22:26 PM   
elab49

I thought Flushed Away was very good too. And doesn't Shaun more or less pre-date Dreamworks anyway given the number of shorts they've filmed? There are some moments of genius in it - mainly with the dog IMO! - and clear indications of the level of drugs the writers are on. Bloody annoyingly catchy theme tune too. Now if we could only get rid of the daft bint that introduces it.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Indio)
Post #: 4
RE: Shaun The Sheep - 9/3/2007 11:02:59 AM   
mrdoom14

quote:

ORIGINAL: soderbergh1

flushed away wasn't disappointing! it was brilliant!! really funny, great characters... what more do you expect from an aardman film?!

Flushed Away was a lazy animation and not a patch on any of Aardmans other work. What I like about Aardman is there stuff is witty and clever but Flushed Away was just stupid, the songs were boring, the humure was flat and the characters were rubbish, they were neither funny nor witty just plain average characters. A massive disapointment. 

Last Films I Watched
Tell No One
Hot Fuzz

(in reply to soderbergh1)
Post #: 5
RE: Shaun The Sheep - 9/3/2007 11:10:42 AM   
Wedge

Shuan the Sleep has been in development and production for domkey's years now.  It's good to see that children finally have something good to watch

"When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!"
"Dance for me Colin! Daaance for me!!"
"Everybody's dead Dave"

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs314.snc4/41022_10150255199830294_790880293_14349909_1904630_n.jpg

(in reply to mrdoom14)
Post #: 6
RE: Shaun The Sheep - 9/3/2007 12:19:01 PM   
filmburner30

seen a couple of episodes and its ace also Vic Reeves sings the theme song top class

"Where are you calling from Milo?"
"The bottom of the pool?"

"Im The Anti Christ.You got me in a Vendetta kind of mood"

"Come back Alan , You Wanker!"

"Your a Doctor,Deal with it"

(in reply to Wedge)
Post #: 7
RE: Shaun The Sheep - 11/3/2007 2:53:12 PM   
i007_Bond_007i

quote:

ORIGINAL: mrdoom14

quote:

Flushed Away was a lazy animation and not a patch on any of Aardmans other work. What I like about Aardman is there stuff is witty and clever but Flushed Away was just stupid, the songs were boring, the humure was flat and the characters were rubbish, they were neither funny nor witty just plain average characters. A massive disapointment. 

Flushed Away was hilarious. I'll think you'll find that the only failure was that it didn't do well at the box office. It was nearly as funny as Wallace and Gromit!

'An actor is at most a poet, and at least an entertainer.'

Jack Bauer refused the Godfather's offer.

'Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas - whatever.'

(in reply to mrdoom14)
Post #: 8
RE: Shaun The Sheep - 12/3/2007 5:22:51 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: i007_Bond_007i

quote:

quote:

Flushed Away was hilarious. I'll think you'll find that the only failure was that it didn't do well at the box office. It was nearly as funny as Wallace and Gromit!

I'm with Bond on this one. Flushed Away was great fun, comes close to Wallace & Gromit in teh funny stakes.

As for Shaun The Sheep, it's brilliant! Those pigs are just evil

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to i007_Bond_007i)
Post #: 9
RE: Shaun The Sheep - 12/3/2007 12:44:20 PM   
Cat5

Agree about this series - having caught a couple of the episodes over the weekend it's great short animation and better than most rubbish on kid's tv. Lovely individual characters created and wonderful expressions from them all. Definitely one to catch if you can.

Frasier: So you're seeing a man?
Daphne: Only when I close my eyes and concentrate.

Elizabeth Swann: There will come a moment when you have the chance to do the right thing.
Jack Sparrow: I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 10
RE: Shaun The Sheep - 12/3/2007 4:11:23 PM   
mrdoom14

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: i007_Bond_007i

quote:

quote:

I'm with Bond on this one. Flushed Away was great fun, comes close to Wallace & Gromit in teh funny stakes.

Realy? It was not a patch on Wallace & Gromit. Infact comming from aardman it was just plain poor.

Last Films I Watched
Tell No One
Hot Fuzz

Post #: 11
RE: Shaun The Sheep - 12/3/2007 4:15:38 PM   
Manchurian candidate

It may have been poor coming from Ardman, but compared to most of the other animated crap plagueing our cinemas, it be Oscar worthy.

"Ford's economics are the worst thing that's happened to this country since pantyhose ruined finger-fucking."
Lyndon B. Johnson
"British Beatitudes! … Beer, beef, business, bibles, bulldogs, battleships, buggery and bishops"
-Ulysses, By James Joyce
"Rose McGowan is a fucking clown"
-Harry Lime
"Who's Keith"
- Rhubarb

(in reply to mrdoom14)
Post #: 12
RE: Shaun The Sheep - 5/9/2007 4:19:48 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Shaun's back!

Yesterday's episode"The Visitor" was hilarious, one of the best they've done

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to Manchurian candidate)
Post #: 13
RE: Shaun The Sheep - 6/9/2007 11:15:30 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Shaun the Sheep was an awful character, pretty much anyone that was a fan of W&G from the start would agree, completely turned a cleverly funny animation into a daft animation, Shaun was introduced purely to lower the target audience down to little girls who wanted a cute character. I'm ok with him having his own series aslong as he stays away from W&G.

Flushed Away was much better, and I think the only people that disliked it will have been from the newer generation of W&G fans, the type that liked Shaun the Sheep, and probably started their W&G watching days with A Close Shave and not A Grand Day Out.

Aardman need to stick to their roots, they're much funnier when they do.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Shaun The Sheep Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI