Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres on Fox in April

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres on Fox in April Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 30/4/2007 7:41:01 AM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

And does anyone else wonder whether Acker is actually in on the whole thing? It seems they plan their choice of runners or riders over some length of time rather than out of thin air.

Noooo! Not my Amy!

It seems to me that Drive was doomed from the start. Someone at the network must have taken a dislike to it and the low figures were just the excuse they needed to pull the plug early.It never had a chance.  And I think it would be very interesting to see what Tim Minear would do on a cable network

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 121
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 30/4/2007 9:30:43 AM   
Dave B

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

And I think it would be very interesting to see what Tim Minear would do on a cable network

I think it would be interesting to see what Joss Whedon could come up with on a cable network.

Hey, what's with the flying jerks?

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 122
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 30/4/2007 11:19:01 AM   
Shifty Bench

Indeed, I was just agreeing with someone. Joss on HBO would be cool 

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 30/4/2007 11:21:30 AM >

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Dave B)
Post #: 123
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 30/4/2007 4:21:38 PM   
Filmic Joe

The wierd thing is, Whedon wants to do TV again, but he got burned by Firefly, and swore never to work with Fox ever again...which is problematic because they bankrolled all of his shows so far.

I've heard he;s going to try again when Goners is finished...and with David Fury leaving 24 and Minear screwed with by FOX (assholes), a new Whedon tv show seems likely.  Eventually.

Back on topic, Drive was very, very good and could have quickly become great.   Stupid FOX.

People are sponges, waiting to be soaked in the knowledge of life.

"You Crazy, Wonderful Zombie!"

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 124
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 30/4/2007 7:59:41 PM   
HIM

So how many episodes are they actually going to screen?

(in reply to Filmic Joe)
Post #: 125
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 30/4/2007 8:15:43 PM   
Filmic Joe

quote:

ORIGINAL: HIM

So how many episodes are they actually going to screen?

That's your lot, basically.  The original order was 13, but that was cut to six.  The final 2 will be burnt off during the summer in some graveyard slot where FOX can't find anything else to show, or streamed online.

As for DVDs...i'm actually hearing it's unlikely, because of awkward FOX legal stuff and the fact that there are only six episodes in existence.  Hell, The Inside did better, had more episodes and a six of completed unaired episodes and two unaired pilots- plenty for a dvd release, and that, apparently is never going to get released either.

The show is dead, and it seems highly doubtful we'll see it again except for that 'burnoff' and midnight reruns.

STUPID FOX.

People are sponges, waiting to be soaked in the knowledge of life.

"You Crazy, Wonderful Zombie!"

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 126
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 9/5/2007 8:35:55 PM   
Timon

Final 2 episodes will air on July 4th.

American Independence Day.

When everyone will be out or watching Transformers at the cinema.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Filmic Joe)
Post #: 127
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 9/5/2007 11:35:08 PM   
Grunny

i bet it end on some cliff hanger.

the show will have no ending it will end with a surprise or a twist and I bet it's great!!
grrr fuck fox, i just may not watch another fox show they never last.

“People are strange, but more than that, they're good. They're good first, then strange.”

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 128
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 3/7/2007 2:37:40 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Final 2 episodes will air on July 4th.

American Independence Day.

When everyone will be out or watching Transformers at the cinema.

Except those who didn't watch the cartoon, that was cycnially created solely to market ridiculous robot toys?

I assume we'll still see these shown tomorrow. Fillion mentions the show in his interview in this month's Total Film.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 129
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 3/7/2007 2:39:22 PM   
Timon

Actually it's been pushed back again to Friday July 13th.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33192

And Transformers is going to be great, you sayer of nay.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 130
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 3/7/2007 2:49:05 PM   
elab49

Thanks for the info. I only tried Tv.com and they're still showing the 4th so you've saved me wasting my time ...waiting for my cousin in the US to send it on Thursday....

I should add though - in total fairness - if it works as a film I'll be completely objective and hope to enjoy it.

< Message edited by elab49 -- 18/7/2007 9:03:11 AM >

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 131
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 12/7/2007 9:57:04 AM   
paulyboy

Doesn't look like they'll be showing the final two episodes at all now;

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33246.

Also some interesting information with regards to where the show might have gone had it not been cancelled, I'd warn against spoilers but.................well it's never gonna get made anyway;

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33274

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 132
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 12/7/2007 10:44:02 AM   
elab49

I thought DVD before I read it - it would encourage more to buy to see it finish. But a DVD release with only  6 epis seemed less likely.

Fox are idiots.

quote:

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 133
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 12/7/2007 10:47:02 AM   
elab49

Actually - read the dates and the second article. The first seemed to be posted after the July 4th cancellation BUT the second one (dated 3 days later) refers to the last 2 epis likely being shown in the next few days on Fox. It might still be on on Friday.

Plus - its great being right!

< Message edited by elab49 -- 12/7/2007 10:53:15 AM >

quote:

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 134
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 12/7/2007 1:58:17 PM   
paulyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

The first seemed to be posted after the July 4th cancellation BUT the second one (dated 3 days later) refers to the last 2 epis likely being shown in the next few days on Fox. It might still be on on Friday.

It'll be shown sure enough, but not on TV, the episodes will be put up on fox.com, which most of the time restrict viewing/streaming to US only. Hopefully someone will do a rip of some sort and stick them online.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 135
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 12/7/2007 2:03:09 PM   
elab49

Does anyone know if the Fox site can be fooled with an anonymiser?

quote:

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 136
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 12/7/2007 4:14:26 PM   
Dave B

From the second link *Spoilers (but as its cancelled I wouldn't worry)*:

- Eliza Dushku as a sociopathic serial killer? - Awesome.

- A second series focusing on a new race? - Rubbish really. Highlights the limitations of the concept.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 137
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 17/7/2007 10:07:18 PM   
elab49

So has anyone worked out how to view the US only Fox online epis yet? I can't see them 'available' elsewhere.

quote:

(in reply to Dave B)
Post #: 138
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 18/7/2007 9:01:58 AM   
hongkongphooey

I thought they might've been available by now too but no sign :(

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 139
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 19/7/2007 9:15:52 PM   
batrico

quote:

ORIGINAL: hongkongphooey

I thought they might've been available by now too but no sign :(

Bitmetv have them available now

"I aim to misbehave"

"Oh God Oh God we're all Gonna Die"

(in reply to hongkongphooey)
Post #: 140
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 19/7/2007 9:45:31 PM   
elab49

Mmm - files are oddly small though. But kudos to someone finally getting them out there.

quote:

(in reply to batrico)
Post #: 141
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 20/7/2007 3:35:17 PM   
elab49

Well - that was a rather annoying place to stop!

quote:

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 142
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 2/8/2007 9:43:53 PM   
Dave B

Very, very annoying. Just as Amy Acker comes into it properly as well.

Still good couple of episodes though.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 143
RE: Drive - 16/4/2009 4:48:21 PM   
Timon

So, I was discussing Drive with my little brother and we can't for the life of us remember what happened in the last episode. The last thing we remember was the younger of the two Mexican brothers being shot.... then what?

(in reply to Dave B)
Post #: 144
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres on Fox in April Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI