Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: DRIVE - US Speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: DRIVE - US Speed Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: DRIVE - US Speed - 15/4/2007 12:10:55 PM   
Zaphod121

Just watched the first two episodes, and what great fun, they turned out alot better than I expected, plus none of the characters are especialy annoying.......yet

< Message edited by Zaphod121 -- 15/4/2007 12:11:27 PM >

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Barefoot Doctor)
Post #: 61
RE: DRIVE - US Speed - 15/4/2007 12:35:47 PM   
Shifty Bench

I enjoyed it. It went a bit dark in some moments and it had a few 'Whedon-esque' moments. I hope it reaches its full season so we can get some answers and some sort of ending. But I doubt it

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 62
RE: DRIVE - US Speed - 15/4/2007 12:38:59 PM   
Filmic Joe

Hey, can anyone PM me a link to a streaming video of the pilot?  the torrents seem to hate my computer at the moment.

People are sponges, waiting to be soaked in the knowledge of life.

"You Crazy, Wonderful Zombie!"

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 63
RE: DRIVE - US Speed - 15/4/2007 12:49:22 PM   
Shifty Bench

Hey! The woman with the baby was the girl who wasn't Kate Winslet in Heavenly Creatures! I never noticed that at first. Convincing American accent.

(in reply to Filmic Joe)
Post #: 64
RE: DRIVE - US Speed - 15/4/2007 4:31:05 PM   
Grunny

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

Hey! The woman with the baby was the girl who wasn't Kate Winslet in Heavenly Creatures! I never noticed that at first. Convincing American accent.

Indeed it is, I actual remembered here as the New Jersey best friend in Coyote Uglt! hehe shame on me.

“People are strange, but more than that, they're good. They're good first, then strange.”

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 65
RE: DRIVE - US Speed - 15/4/2007 5:20:33 PM   
cdrider

Seen the first two episodes and enjoyed them.  Will "aquire" the others as they're available.  And anything that has the lovely Mircea Monroe in a bra gets my vote

(in reply to Grunny)
Post #: 66
RE: DRIVE - US Speed - 16/4/2007 1:04:12 PM   
Timon

Really enjoyed it. Good fun a la Prison Break.

The Fillion is a great lead and none of the characters really annoyed me which suprised me considering we have a teenage daughter and a group of women that were doing the 'loser' sign. Sigh. Americans.

Consider me hooked.

Want was the opening theme song?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to cdrider)
Post #: 67
RE: DRIVE - US Speed - 16/4/2007 1:06:37 PM   
Zaphod121

Was it me or was there no opening credits in episode 2?

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 68
RE: DRIVE - US Speed - 16/4/2007 1:15:47 PM   
Barefoot Doctor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

Correct - since the two episodes aired back to back last night it would have been a little redundant and a waste of time to put in a second credits sequence. Usually pilots don't have opening credits at all.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 69
RE: DRIVE - US Speed - 16/4/2007 3:03:56 PM   
Zaphod121

quote:

ORIGINAL: Barefoot Doctor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

Correct - since the two episodes aired back to back last night it would have been a little redundant and a waste of time to put in a second credits sequence. Usually pilots don't have opening credits at all.

Yeah I was quite supprised it did have credits, they were pretty cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWYqMpWph00

< Message edited by Zaphod121 -- 16/4/2007 3:11:29 PM >

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

Post #: 70
RE: DRIVE - US Speed - 16/4/2007 3:11:33 PM   
hongkongphooey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Want was the opening theme song?

an original song by Gavin Rossdale,  according to http://www.drivefans.com/the_news/miscellaneous_news/drive_title_theme_tune_-_gavin_rossdale/

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 71
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 16/4/2007 3:24:34 PM   
Barefoot Doctor

Just a reminder that episode 3 will be on tonight in the States!

Post #: 72
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 16/4/2007 3:29:36 PM   
Zaphod121

quote:

Just a reminder that episode 3 will be on tonight in the States!

How come?

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

Post #: 73
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 16/4/2007 3:33:26 PM   
Barefoot Doctor

Just their way of trying to get viewers I guess. They showed the first two episodes last night but Mondays before 24 is going to be the regular timeslot.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 74
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 16/4/2007 3:43:51 PM   
Grunny

ok, so I just rewatched the title sequence and the Girl who's dad is dying isn't in the opening sequence guess he dies soon then!

“People are strange, but more than that, they're good. They're good first, then strange.”

Post #: 75
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 16/4/2007 3:46:17 PM   
Barefoot Doctor

Hopefully he sticks around for a while, Dylan Baker is always great. That's the role originally played by Alan Ruck but I think Baker is the better choice.

(in reply to Grunny)
Post #: 76
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 16/4/2007 4:48:06 PM   
Vertigo...Woo.Yay.

I find it hard to express how much better this revised pilot is from the original I posted about earlier in the thread. It's almost unrecognisable, and a vast, vast improvement.

"Things are going to get pretty interesting..."
"Define 'interesting'"
"Oh God, Oh God, we're all gonna die?"

If only we could harness Otis Ferry for good...
All hail Hypnotoad

Post #: 77
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 16/4/2007 4:55:07 PM   
Captain Black

quote:

Just their way of trying to get viewers I guess. They showed the first two episodes last night but Mondays before 24 is going to be the regular timeslot.

Are you sure about that mate, I read on TWoP that it's been moved to the death slot of Fridays? The Monday slot's the vacated Prison Break slot though isn't it?

I thought it was solid, well-paced, decent characters (including someone who appears to be Uma Thurman before she went a bit mad and started scaring me on all of those broadband adverts) and a nice sense that it could turn very dark, very quickly. Charles Martin Smith was particularly good.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

Post #: 78
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 16/4/2007 5:01:42 PM   
Timon

I liked the fact that apart from Nathan Fillion there were a few recognisable faces - Charles Martin Smith (The Untouchables), Dylan Baker (Thirteen Days, Spider-man 2), 'the mexican jihadist' from Season 2 of Sleeper Cell and Kyle Singer from Season 3 of 24.

So is this doomed to be cancelled?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 79
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 16/4/2007 5:18:53 PM   
Filmic Joe

quote:

I liked the fact that apart from Nathan Fillion there were a few recognisable faces - Charles Martin Smith (The Untouchables), Dylan Baker (Thirteen Days, Spider-man 2), 'the mexican jihadist' from Season 2 of Sleeper Cell and Kyle Singer from Season 3 of 24.

So is this doomed to be cancelled?

Probably- it got 3.8 million on Sunday, when the slot it occupied, made up of repeats of  The War at home, Family Guy and American Dad, gets 4.0.  That';s really bad.  We'll see how it does tonigght though.

People are sponges, waiting to be soaked in the knowledge of life.

"You Crazy, Wonderful Zombie!"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 80
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 16/4/2007 5:21:16 PM   
Timon

Did it get much advertising though? I meant I'm fairly clued into US tv shows and such and this came in under my radar.

(in reply to Filmic Joe)
Post #: 81
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 16/4/2007 10:28:56 PM   
The Mighty

quote:

Did it get much advertising though? I meant I'm fairly clued into US tv shows and such and this came in under my radar.

I believe Fox gave it quite a push. The 24 slot is a good one, so maybe the 3rd episode will pick up a few more viewers.I read that Drive averaged 6.36 mil in its first hour and 6.05 mil over tbe entire two-hours. Not great, but I hope they allow it to pick up some more viewers. Maybe the numbers are low becuase people are worried that the show will get cancelled before they even watch it?

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 82
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 17/4/2007 11:47:48 AM   
paulyboy

I enjoyed it, entertaining and the chase sequences were suprisingly well shot.

Gripes? Hmmmm, some proper fast cars would be nice, oh and why the hell a Pontiac Firebird (Trans Am) needs the assistance of several trucks in order to lose a people carrier is beyond me.

Lets hope it doesn't get cancelled, assuming of course it remains half decent that is.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 83
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 17/4/2007 11:55:44 AM   
Grunny

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulyboy

I enjoyed it, entertaining and the chase sequences were suprisingly well shot.

Gripes? Hmmmm, some proper fast cars would be nice, oh and why the hell a Pontiac Firebird (Trans Am) needs the assistance of several trucks in order to lose a people carrier is beyond me.

I dont want everyone driving around in tricked out fast cars, having mainly "normal" cars give it more of an ordinary people out of their water! other wise it would just be Gum Ball Rally or Fast and Furious: The Race!

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 84
RE: DRIVE - US Speed - 17/4/2007 12:29:54 PM   
Zaphod121

Currently downloading ep 3, can't wait!

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 85
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 17/4/2007 1:29:53 PM   
paulyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grunny

I dont want everyone driving around in tricked out fast cars, having mainly "normal" cars give it more of an ordinary people out of their water! other wise it would just be Gum Ball Rally or Fast and Furious: The Race!

I get what you're saying and agree to a certain extent. These are normal people so they should drive normal cars, that makes sense, but it's just not as much fun watching clapped out pick up trucks trade paint on the freeway. Just to clarify though, I'm not asking for "tricked out" Fast & Furious style motors here or supercars, just something more exciting to watch and listen to than your bog standard people carrier.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to Grunny)
Post #: 86
RE: DRIVE - US Speed - 17/4/2007 1:33:07 PM   
Barefoot Doctor

Spoilers for 1.03, Let the Games Begin:

I'm really enjoying this. Well, I'm enjoying the storyline with Alex Tully. For me, he's the only really interesting character on the show. Anytime they focs on another character I want them to hurry up and get back to Tully. Whereas in Firefly, all the characters were interesting.

Alex Tully really is just Malcolm Reynolds isn't he? Shame the gardening truck is gone, it had a lot of character. But his old car is obviously his Serenity. "You don't want to meet the real Alex Tully" immediately made me think of Mal when he's on Adelai Niska's space station - "You wanna meet the real me now?". Very intrigued as to what Tully did before getting into landscaping, something involving knives in gloveboxes!

And a cruel place to finish the episode...knowing our luck Fox will cancel it midweek and we won't find out!

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 87
RE: DRIVE - US Speed - 17/4/2007 9:21:59 PM   
The Mighty

The 3rd episode in its regular time slot got 5.64 million. Thats compared with Dancing With The Stars 18.65 million. They do air in the same spot, right?

Post #: 88
RE: DRIVE - US Speed - 17/4/2007 9:41:21 PM   
hongkongphooey

Really enjoyed episode 3. I'll be gutted if this is cancelled. The first three eps are supposedly being shown online by Fox so lets hope people catch up with it there and start watching.

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 89
RE: DRIVE - US Speed - 17/4/2007 11:45:12 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Mighty

The 3rd episode in its regular time slot got 5.64 million. Thats compared with Dancing With The Stars 18.65 million. They do air in the same spot, right?

Yes. Anyone know what the viewing figures were for Prison Break?

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: DRIVE - US Speed Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI