Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres on Fox in April

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres on Fox in April Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 30/3/2007 2:58:00 PM   
some_guy

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Mighty

quote:

ORIGINAL: some_guy

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Penguin of Death

quote:

This show looks kinda gay to me.

Are you 11?

So what if I am?  At least I have a reason to be bitching about meaningless shit on the internet.  Why don't you go get a job or a girlfriend since you're so much more mature.

So you are 11?

I'll tell you what, I'll be any age you want me to be.

So, you're 11?

No, I'm 42.

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 31
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 30/3/2007 3:05:36 PM   
Vertigo...Woo.Yay.

quote:

No, I'm 42.

So why are you acting like an 11 year old who thinks 'gay' is a valid criticism of something?

"Things are going to get pretty interesting..."
"Define 'interesting'"
"Oh God, Oh God, we're all gonna die?"

If only we could harness Otis Ferry for good...
All hail Hypnotoad

(in reply to some_guy)
Post #: 32
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 30/3/2007 4:26:40 PM   
Filmic Joe

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Filmic Joe

quote:

This show looks kinda gay to me.  And it hurts me to say it, but what I saw from the preview, Nathan Fillion is a bad actor.  Seems like he can't play anyone else besides Mal.

Well the part was originally written for him, or at least he was the first choice for the role- it's Tim Minear, he Knows what Nathan Fillion does well and he's playing to his strengths.  And, frankly, even if it is just a schtick, I don't think it's a schtick that'll ever get old.

Oh, and kinda gay?  Is that really the only response you could come up with?

Actually that wasn't a response at all, a response would require me responding to someone else who said something to me. 

What you saw there was just my commentary on this subject.

Ok, it may have been unclear, but I meant response to the show- as in, you've seen the promos, read the description and the best response to those things is to claim it looks 'gay', rather than silly or stupid or bad or whatever.

People are sponges, waiting to be soaked in the knowledge of life.

"You Crazy, Wonderful Zombie!"

(in reply to some_guy)
Post #: 33
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 30/3/2007 9:14:21 PM   
some_guy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vertigo...Woo.Yay.

quote:

No, I'm 42.

So why are you acting like an 11 year old who thinks 'gay' is a valid criticism of something?

Oh my God you actually believe that?  Yes I do think 'gay' is a valid criticism, and you'd be surprised how many people above 11 use the term 'gay' to reference something they don't like.  Hell, the most prejudice against gay people in this world are probably seniors.

And to clarify, I'm no homophobe (sure I think men on men action is gross, but that's just natural since I'm not a homosexual).  But to reference something I think will be 'bad' or 'uncool', don't be surprised if I use the word 'gay', it's just my character.

(in reply to Vertigo...Woo.Yay.)
Post #: 34
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 30/3/2007 9:15:52 PM   
some_guy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

This show looks kinda gay to me.  And it hurts me to say it, but what I saw from the preview, Nathan Fillion is a bad actor.  Seems like he can't play anyone else besides Mal.

Well the part was originally written for him, or at least he was the first choice for the role- it's Tim Minear, he Knows what Nathan Fillion does well and he's playing to his strengths.  And, frankly, even if it is just a schtick, I don't think it's a schtick that'll ever get old.

Oh, and kinda gay?  Is that really the only response you could come up with?

Actually that wasn't a response at all, a response would require me responding to someone else who said something to me. 

What you saw there was just my commentary on this subject.

Ok, it may have been unclear, but I meant response to the show- as in, you've seen the promos, read the description and the best response to those things is to claim it looks 'gay', rather than silly or stupid or bad or whatever.

Because 'gay' is easier to type.  Sure 'bad' is the same amount of letters, but it's so cliche.

(in reply to Filmic Joe)
Post #: 35
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 30/3/2007 9:30:35 PM   
Shifty Bench

Oh  for fucks sake, are we still on this?

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to some_guy)
Post #: 36
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 31/3/2007 12:42:52 AM   
Vertigo...Woo.Yay.

quote:

ORIGINAL: some_guy  But to reference something I think will be 'bad' or 'uncool', don't be surprised if I use the word 'gay', it's just my character.

Ah, right so. Don't be suprised either, if I refer to you as a 'twat', it's just my character.

"Things are going to get pretty interesting..."
"Define 'interesting'"
"Oh God, Oh God, we're all gonna die?"

If only we could harness Otis Ferry for good...
All hail Hypnotoad

(in reply to some_guy)
Post #: 37
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 31/3/2007 12:48:37 AM   
Felix

quote:

ORIGINAL: some_guy  But to reference something I think will be 'bad' or 'uncool', don't be surprised if I use the word 'gay', it's just my character.

Then dont be surprised if you suddenly cant post anymore either.

[This space for rent] -

Post #: 38
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 1/4/2007 7:43:07 PM   
some_guy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vertigo...Woo.Yay.

quote:

Ah, right so. Don't be suprised either, if I refer to you as a 'twat', it's just my character.

And don't be surprised if I don't care beacuse Brit insults don't count for me.

Post #: 39
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 1/4/2007 9:17:30 PM   
Shifty Bench

You have Diplomatic Immunity to being called a twat? Doesn't matter where you're from, an insult's an insult.

But is there any chance we can get back on topic?

(in reply to some_guy)
Post #: 40
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 1/4/2007 10:00:07 PM   
Zaphod121

So back on topic, Drive looks cool, but then agian if Nathan Fillion is in it then I'll def watch it, anyone made Nathan there friend on Myspace? I have

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 41
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 2/4/2007 12:14:10 AM   
Dave B

Zaphod, I'm loving the avatar.

Hey, what's with the flying jerks?

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 42
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 2/4/2007 5:04:24 PM   
Joedini

Ok ... so, I don't think this show looks 'kinda gay', infact I think it looks well .... kinda cool. And no this is not merely for my love of Nathan

Double bill kicking it off on April 15th I believe .... i'm guessing this will transform into the US speed thread

(in reply to Dave B)
Post #: 43
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 2/4/2007 5:09:08 PM   
Filmic Joe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joedini

Ok ... so, I don't think this show looks 'kinda gay', infact I think it looks well .... kinda cool. And no this is not merely for my love of Nathan

Double bill kicking it off on April 15th I believe .... i'm guessing this will transform into the US speed thread

Yeah, I was wondering about that.  And I have firm belief that this show will be excellent.

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 44
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 2/4/2007 5:21:13 PM   
Dave B

quote:

And I have firm belief that this show will be excellent.

...and cancelled.

Hey, what's with the flying jerks?

(in reply to Filmic Joe)
Post #: 45
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 2/4/2007 5:24:55 PM   
Joedini

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave B

quote:

And I have firm belief that this show will be excellent.

...and cancelled.

Well that was harsh .... yet oh so true

(in reply to Dave B)
Post #: 46
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 6/4/2007 5:33:21 PM   
Filmic Joe

I just found an interview with Nathan Fillion that ends with a clip (which is kind of cool) from the pilot  Here-
http://www.thetvaddict.com/movie4/screeningroom.php

Edit:  i've also found out Drive will air 5 episodes to 7th May (my Birthday!  Bitchin', etc) and the rest will air at 'a later date'.  This is because of time constraints on filming, not FOX being assholes.

< Message edited by Filmic Joe -- 6/4/2007 5:54:44 PM >

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 47
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 6/4/2007 5:44:49 PM   
Zaphod121

Wow that actualy looks really cool

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Filmic Joe)
Post #: 48
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 6/4/2007 6:16:35 PM   
The Mighty

quote:

I just found an interview with Nathan Fillion that ends with a clip (which is kind of cool) from the pilot  Here-

Edit:  i've also found out Drive will air 5 episodes to 7th May (my Birthday!  Bitchin', etc) and the rest will air at 'a later date'.  This is because of time constraints on filming, not FOX being assholes.

Do you have any idea if the shows first 3 hours count as one of those episodes, or three? It does seem a bit stupid to start a show so late into the season. I don't see why Fox don't just wait untill next season and air all 13 then? I'm just think audiences may be a bit unwilling to start a show so late into the game.

(in reply to Filmic Joe)
Post #: 49
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 6/4/2007 6:21:22 PM   
Filmic Joe

quote:

quote:

Do you have any idea if the shows first 3 hours count as one of those episodes, or three? It does seem a bit stupid to start a show so late into the season. I don't see why Fox don't just wait untill next season and air all 13 then? I'm just think audiences may be a bit unwilling to start a show so late into the game.

I think they count as 2- a 2 hour pilot, then a scond episode.  I could be wrong, though.    The only reason it's being delayed is so they can actually get it filmed in time for broadcast.  It would make more sense to wait until next season, but they're already kind of commited to the timeslot and the decision only came about a week ago.  It's actually good news for me- I have exams starting on the 14th of May.

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 50
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 14/4/2007 8:50:20 AM   
Captain Black

The first two episodes appear to have been uploaded onto the torrents. Not sure if they're genuine as yet.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Filmic Joe)
Post #: 51
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 14/4/2007 9:15:51 AM   
hongkongphooey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black

The first two episodes appear to have been uploaded onto the torrents. Not sure if they're genuine as yet.

Seems that they are, as Canada aired the double episode last night, so they've been un-nuked. :)

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 52
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 14/4/2007 8:35:34 PM   
hongkongphooey

spoiler-ish 101

Have watched the first episode and I love it! Didn't know anything about it, apart from the Tim  Minear/Nathan Fillion connection, and was gripped from the beginning. It is like a cross between Wacky Races and Battle Royale - excellent. And not a bad looking cast either - Nathan Fillion, Kevin Alejandro and Riley Smith all pretty good looking :)

(in reply to hongkongphooey)
Post #: 53
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 14/4/2007 8:42:36 PM   
Zaphod121

I cant find the pilot, can anyone provide a link to a torrent

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

Post #: 54
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 14/4/2007 9:02:56 PM   
hongkongphooey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

Will PM you a link :)

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 55
RE: DRIVE - US Speed - 14/4/2007 9:12:43 PM   
Zaphod121

quote:

ORIGINAL: hongkongphooey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

Will PM you a link :)

thanks

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

Post #: 56
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 14/4/2007 11:58:56 PM   
Grunny

woooo! That was a great Pilot (Episodes 1 and 2) Pure Non-Stop action on the roads! I am liking all the characters (my least fav are the brothers) I'm expecting lots of twist and turn along the way. Pray this dosn't get cancelled!!!
I am loving Emma Stone.  She's got something very Lindsay Lohan (in her Mean Girl days) going on, I think it's just the hair!!!

“People are strange, but more than that, they're good. They're good first, then strange.”

(in reply to Blunderbuss)
Post #: 57
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 15/4/2007 12:36:45 AM   
furrybastard

I can see the Mean Girls look about her alright

Any other reviews? I may have to check this out.

(in reply to Grunny)
Post #: 58
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 15/4/2007 12:47:49 AM   
Shifty Bench

Currently watching it now.

Amy Acker is Fillions wife in the pictures

Oh, and if this show was set in Britain, they'd all be getting fined for using their mobiles while driving

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 15/4/2007 12:50:32 AM >

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 59
RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres o... - 15/4/2007 12:53:15 AM   
Barefoot Doctor

Hmm interesting pilot. Nathan Fillion is an excellent leading man, don't think the show would have been half as interesting with the original actor in the role. A few interesting characters set up and an intriguing central mystery - who are 'they'? I also liked the various connotations of the title. Funny in places but still needs to find its feet. I think this one can be filed alongside Prison Break as sheer entertainment that doesn't take itself too seriously.

On with episode 2!

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Mal Reynolds is back....sort of. DRIVE premieres on Fox in April Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI