Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Recommended online DVD / BD shops

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> RE: Recommended online DVD / BD shops Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 8 [9]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Recommended online DVD / BD shops - 30/4/2011 11:28:27 PM   
elab49

It isn't showing the in Spring Fling list anymore so they must have sold out of the sale stock - the one I got is about 10 now, the HK one.

The VCD still seems to be about a fiver. I got a couple of those from HKflix - I didn't think anyone made them anymore

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 241
RE: Recommended online DVD / BD shops - 12/5/2011 11:40:33 AM   
rumblefish1976

As much as I like hunting for the best price, I find that 9/10 hmv.com is the cheapest option for me. The reason? When they stopped doing 10% student discount instore, someone forgot to change the website to match. 2 years later and I still get 10% off.

So anyonw who linked their hmv student card to the website, have a check !

"Sticking feathers in your butt does not make you a Chicken!

www.facebook.com/OriginalStarWarsOnBluRay

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 242
RE: Recommended online DVD / BD shops - 20/5/2011 4:37:27 PM   
ErnestWilde

I've used base.com but never to buy DVDs. Didn't even realise they sold DVDs. I normally get my DVDs from TheHut. They always seem to be pretty cheap and normally can get a discount code from one of the discount sites.

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 243
RE: Recommended online DVD / BD shops - 14/8/2011 7:29:34 PM   
bigfish4u

I use allways mangroove.nl - the cheapest shop of the Netherlands

(in reply to ErnestWilde)
Post #: 244
RE: Recommended online DVD / BD shops - 11/11/2011 10:10:37 AM   
Gram123

quote:

ORIGINAL: bigfish4u
I use allways mangroove.nl - the cheapest shop of the Netherlands

Waaay late in my response to this, sorry, but as far as I can tell, Mangroove.nl only ship to Netherlands and Belgium. The site is completely in Dutch, so anyone wanting to try venturing further either needs skills in that language, or a translator open (Google Translate / Yahoo Babelfish etc).

Gram123's Top Songs Project

(in reply to bigfish4u)
Post #: 245
RE: Recommended online DVD / BD shops - 11/11/2011 10:53:03 AM   
Gram123

Some people may have noticed a wee "Rakuten Group" logo on Play.com's webpages recently.
Rakuten is fairly large (900 million) Japanese company who started out with an "internet shopping mall" (Rakuten Ichiba) and have spread into other e-commerce business areas over the last 14 years including book / CD / DVD sales, online auctions, travel planners, credit cards and e-banking, telecommunications, real estate, PPV TV etc...
They even founded a professional baseball team (the Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles). They now seem to be getting involved in tablet PCs / e-readers and apps.

Most notably where us films fans in the west are concerned, Rakuten previously owned, and have recently closed down, the Price Minister UK website, in favour of consolidating their UK DVD (etc) business with the more established Play.com.
I don't know whether this will change anything for those of you who were previously discontent with Play's delivery times etc (personally, I've never had any problem with Play, but I know others have), or whether the company has been taken over wholesale, staff, premises, et al and they'll just continue on the same as they have been.

As one of the new kids on the block (along with the likes of Base.com, ShopTo, Coolshop, Gift of Sound, BTR Direct, 991.com etc), Price Minister never made it onto the lists on the first page. I still haven't checked out these sites properly, don't know if they sell new or 2nd hand items, and not many people here seem to be buying from them, so I've been a bit neglectful there, I guess...

Anyway, Price Minister were more widespread than I realised - they still have sites catering to Spain and France, it's just the UK one that's shut down so far.
Rakuten Group also owns Buy.com in the US, Canada and Europe.

In other news, Malaysia-based site and seller of many East Asian DVDs and VCDs, Sensasian ceased trading a couple of months ago. I think the rot started when their site was hacked a while back.

I'll update post 1 in this thread with these couple of removals, and maybe add in an "unrated" section for other DVD websites that have been mentioned throughout the thread but have thus far not "earned a place" in post 1.

< Message edited by Gram123 -- 11/11/2011 10:54:35 AM >

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 246
RE: Recommended online DVD / BD shops - 17/11/2011 7:13:13 PM   
Spectator of Suicide

Hey Gram. Should www.DVDcompare.net and http://www.movie-censorship.com be added, so people can choose the best DVD/Blu-Ray release?

http://letterboxd.com/nwarde/

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 247
RE: Recommended online DVD / BD shops - 18/11/2011 2:47:50 PM   
Gram123

Short answer - I don't know. Long answer - probably!

And also DVDBeaver... maybe even the BBFC site... others....

(in reply to Spectator of Suicide)
Post #: 248
RE: Recommended online DVD / BD shops - 7/4/2012 1:17:57 AM   
Ultimo Lee

Has anybody had any dealings with https://www.playtech-asia.com/

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 249
RE: Recommended online DVD / BD shops - 25/8/2012 4:13:55 PM   
AmityBodega1977

Amazon.co.uk all the way - the best there is

(in reply to Ultimo Lee)
Post #: 250
RE: Recommended online DVD / BD shops - 8/10/2012 3:31:39 PM   
crazyfox2007

main sites i use are zavvi.com get some good deals on there, usually have a few good titles on their mega monday sales, only problem is i find they run out of stock on alot of items

play.com usually pretty relaible find they are becomintg abit more expensive now though

Hmv.com if only instore was the same as their online prices

amazon.co.uk

dvd.co.uk on rare occasion can find a bargain uisually more expensive than the others

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 251
RE: Recommended online DVD / BD shops - 21/4/2013 8:49:39 AM   
adamthehorrorfan

I usually stick with Amazon, as it is the only site I can trust.

(in reply to crazyfox2007)
Post #: 252
RE: Recommended online DVD / BD shops - 15/4/2014 11:12:50 AM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: adamthehorrorfan

I usually stick with Amazon, as it is the only site I can trust.

Why? There are plenty of other perfectly reliable sites out there. Ones that, eg, actually pay UK tax

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to adamthehorrorfan)
Post #: 253
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 8 [9]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> RE: Recommended online DVD / BD shops Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 8 [9]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI