Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

So cheesy you can fill a hundred bread rolls with it.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> So cheesy you can fill a hundred bread rolls with it. Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
So cheesy you can fill a hundred bread rolls with it. - 31/1/2008 6:16:12 PM   
alsybroth

This really is the worst Marvel movie yet. Mark S. Johnson tried to inject some grit into Daredevil, but with this he just went straight into cornball overload. One thing I did really loathe was the film's appalling use of editing. Then there was the ultra-camp villians, And the plot incosistencies, and the weak useless gags...basically this film sucked arse.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 91
A Blazin' Ride. - 11/6/2008 9:50:06 AM   
joanna likes films

Ghost Rider is one hell of a ride, pulling you in with people that you care about while admiring the sights around you. It's a little slow to start with but once it gets going, it never stops. Nicolas Cage is just right for Johnny Blaze, I can't think of anyone else being him. Eva Mendes is alright, not too annoying unlike other women in superhero movies. Though it's quite scary and not for the faint hearted, Ghost Rider is one good movie and when it finishes, you want more.

Post #: 92
- 13/11/2009 11:04:27 PM   
elvoys

fucking balls. terrible.

Post #: 93
- 13/11/2009 11:04:30 PM   
elvoys

fucking balls. terrible.

Post #: 94
god awful - 13/11/2009 11:04:55 PM   
elvoys

fucking balls. terrible.

Post #: 95
RE: god awful - 23/9/2010 4:35:21 PM   
Emyr Thy King

Originally I disliked Nicolas Cage in "Ghost Rider" as it's a diabolical film all-round. However, on relfection my previous statement is too harsh as I watched the film again yesterday and I quite liked him in it. There are moments for which you have to look out where he brings some bizarre but entertaining quirks to his performance. One being his first transformation scene into the Ghost Rider. The look of sheer horror which then turns into manic delight is one superbly done by Cage. There's also the scene where he's watching television and laughing at the image of a monkey performing a karate kick. I think one person here (if not here then IMDB) complained he didn't bring out elements of the character which are found in the comics: heavy drinking and smoking. I appreciate that he gives a more sombre performance as a man burdened by the weight of his curse. It's possible that he'll develop the aforementioned habits in the sequel since it's set eight years after the first film where he would've ridden on his own for a long time, ending up in Europe. There's a 'throwaway' line in the first film, where he's in the tour trailer and speaking to his close friend, where he says: "I don't like alcohol, it changes my mood" or something like that.

I think Sam Elliot was criminally underused in the film. He possesses a great voice and his character was harly given anything! Peter Fonda was all right but once more he was hardly given much with which to work. I'm sure I read one comment which stated that Fonda completely out-acted the actor playing the young Johnny Blaze, hardly. Insipid villains which are dispatched within seconds hardly make for an engaging challenge to the Ghost Rider. Wes Bentley was completely off-colour (pun intended) in this film. I know he was meant to be played as a whinging spoilt brat but he was a rather ineffective villain and as intimidating as a gnat. Eva Mendes was fine but her material didn't elevate her performance beyond passable. They could've done much more with the Johnny Blaze and Roxanne's romance as it ultimately is another tragic component of Blaze's life.

< Message edited by Emyr Thy King -- 23/9/2010 4:38:48 PM >

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to elvoys)
Post #: 96
Ghost Rider Review - 19/12/2011 2:06:28 PM   
the film man

Ghost Rider is a sour mix of morose, glum histrionics amidst jokey puns and hammy dialogue.

Post #: 97
Ghost Rider Review - 14/2/2012 1:53:33 PM   
the film man

Ghost Rider is a sour mix of morose, glum histrionics amidst jokey puns and hammy dialogue. Lets hope Mark Nevaldine and Brian Taylor give us the thrills that were missing in this film.

Post #: 98
Ghost Rider - 20/2/2013 3:57:58 AM   
norgizfox

Sometimes slick and cool and other times ridiculously cheesy, Ghost Rider wins with dumb, reckless fun. Much like how Cage keeps making movies

Post #: 99
RE: Ghost Rider - 16/1/2014 10:29:25 PM   
Indio

Pretty awful, it didn't get off to a good start with that voiceover from Sam Elliott which just made me think of The Big Lebowski rather than any kind of semi serious superhero mythology that might make anyone take the film at least a little bit seriously and it went downhill all the way from there.

'Think about the future.'

(in reply to norgizfox)
Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> So cheesy you can fill a hundred bread rolls with it. Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI