Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Heroes (UK Speed) Sci Fi Channel

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Heroes (UK Speed) Sci Fi Channel Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Heroes (UK Speed) Sci Fi Channel - 19/2/2007 7:36:38 PM   
Zaphod121

Anybody going to watch this tonighht, I for one will even though I'm downloading it, stick with it folks, it's one damn good show

< Message edited by Zaphod121 -- 6/3/2007 9:07:16 PM >

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel
Post #: 1
RE: Heroes (UK) Sci Fi Channel - 20/2/2007 9:50:08 AM   
Peter Dragon

Yeah looks excellent. Missed part two coz I was watching it on Sci-Fi +1, but have programmed in the reminder for Wednesdays repeats!

Hiro's already my favourite!

Fuck land! I'm on a boat motherfucker!

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 2
RE: Heroes (UK) Sci Fi Channel - 20/2/2007 10:15:53 AM   
Castor Troy

So it's the first episode repeated on Wednesday?

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to Peter Dragon)
Post #: 3
RE: Heroes (UK) Sci Fi Channel - 20/2/2007 10:21:43 AM   
paulyboy

Really enjoyed it, think I'll start downloading the rest, can't wait a week for each episode when I know there's loads available now.

Plus the Sci-Fi channel will insist on showing everything in butchered 4:3 format.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 4
RE: Heroes (UK) Sci Fi Channel - 20/2/2007 10:24:54 AM   
Peter Dragon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Castor Troy

So it's the first episode repeated on Wednesday?

The two shown last night are being repeated at 9 on Sci-Fi.

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 5
RE: Heroes (UK) Sci Fi Channel - 20/2/2007 10:39:13 AM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

I thought it was a little slow-going to start with, to be honest. Yet, Hiro was great throughout - such contagious enthusiasm!

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

Post #: 6
RE: Heroes (UK) Sci Fi Channel - 20/2/2007 10:50:54 AM   
sharkboy

I'm a downloader, so I'll not say anything to potentially spoil the show other than I was decidedly unimpressed by the pilot but decided to give it a few weeks to find its feet.  And i'm glad I did - it's now essential viewing chez Sharky.  Don't be put off by the 1st episode, this simply blows all similar shows out of the water once it gets going - I'm looking at you, Lost!

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Jessica_ca_ca_ca)
Post #: 7
RE: Heroes (UK) Sci Fi Channel - 20/2/2007 10:54:33 AM   
Grunny

The first few are abit slow, but once it really gets into it the shows awesome!!
I've stopped downloading it so I can just watch it on TV.
love the new AV btw Jessica_ca_ca! Flllap fllap dee bah bah!

“People are strange, but more than that, they're good. They're good first, then strange.”

Post #: 8
RE: Heroes (UK) Sci Fi Channel - 20/2/2007 11:07:37 AM   
Zaphod121

It's really fun watching te first 2 epi's knowing what I know about future epi's. One thing I was really glad about was that my mum and dad really enjoyed it, they said it was one of the best new shows around, good stuff
quote:

Don't be put off by the 1st episode, this simply blows all similar shows out of the water once it gets going - I'm looking at you, Lost!

Yes excatly, where as Heroes seems to be going somewhere, Lost continues to go nowhere

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Grunny)
Post #: 9
RE: Heroes (UK) Sci Fi Channel - 20/2/2007 11:41:25 AM   
Wedge

Really want to see this show but haven't got Sci-fi.  Any idea when BBC2 will start showing it?  Probably not till the summer, right?

"When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!"
"Dance for me Colin! Daaance for me!!"
"Everybody's dead Dave"

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs314.snc4/41022_10150255199830294_790880293_14349909_1904630_n.jpg

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 10
RE: Heroes (UK) Sci Fi Channel - 20/2/2007 12:34:22 PM   
Peter Dragon

June according to Wikipedia.

(in reply to Wedge)
Post #: 11
RE: Heroes (UK) Sci Fi Channel - 20/2/2007 1:25:49 PM   
punchdrunk

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_4680000/newsid_4686600/4686677.stm?bw=nb&mp=wm
The Newsnight Review critique of Heroes was high light was Germaine Greer freaking out about it!

I'm watching all the shows on quicksilverscreen i watched the first three back to back it's pretty addictive stuff.

Post #: 12
RE: Heroes (UK) Sci Fi Channel - 20/2/2007 2:30:01 PM   
Peppermint

I would have enjoyed it a lot more if the adverts weren't on every 10 bloody minutes.

"Dr Jackson's gonna die when he sees this."

"What, again?"

Post #: 13
RE: Heroes (UK) Sci Fi Channel - 20/2/2007 3:48:06 PM   
Zaphod121

Yeah that didi piss me off a bit, but it seemed like there were less ad's in episode 2

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 14
RE: Heroes (UK) Sci Fi Channel - 21/2/2007 8:12:56 AM   
discodave101

I've been waiting for this show for ages, after hearing all the hype and seeing people on here (downloaders) rave about it. Unfortunately, to say I found it underwhelming would be an understatement. This must be the first american show in ages that I've sat down and watched due to the hype and actually not been impressed with. I'm glad I've come on here though and seen some of the comments from the downloaders saying to stick with it as its gets better. I'll take that on board and give it another 2 episodes, but if they fail to ignite the fire within, I'll give up.

And as for all the Lost knockers on here - Its still my favourite show! yeah, they're stretching it out, but its still the show that gets me most excited on the tv (Battlestar on a par tho).

So to all the downloaders, will 2 more episodes (seen first 2) be enough to cement me as a fan?

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 15
RE: Heroes (UK) Sci Fi Channel - 21/2/2007 9:39:49 AM   
Grunny

I won't spoil anything and I can't remember how long before it becomes really good, but I think if you don't find the show atleast intressting at this stage then their is no point in hanging around! they are still really introducing characters and havn't really got into the  "save the world" stuff yet

“People are strange, but more than that, they're good. They're good first, then strange.”

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 16
RE: Heroes (UK) Sci Fi Channel - 21/2/2007 10:27:37 AM   
discodave101

Perhaps my post reads a bit harsh in hindsight. I did finding it interesting, just not compelling or exciting. It didn't feel fresh, it felt too rushed in its editing, the characters (apart from the awesome japanese guy) were a bit dull, and some of the acting...well....best leave it there.

I will give it a try and see if the 'save the world' stuff 'saves' it for me.

(in reply to Grunny)
Post #: 17
RE: Heroes (UK) Sci Fi Channel - 21/2/2007 10:36:45 AM   
MuckyMuckMan

Reallly enjoyed it! Yet another series to religiously watch!!!

My Film Collection:
http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/MuckyMuckMan
Last 5 films seen
The Impossible 3.5/5
Stoker 4/5
Thor: Dark World 3.5/5
The Wolfman (1941) 4/5
All is Lost 5/5

(in reply to Grunny)
Post #: 18
RE: Heroes (UK) Sci Fi Channel - 21/2/2007 10:41:55 AM   
discodave101

Oh my god, am I the only one who wasn't that impressed?? I'm starting to worry now, as this is the kind of program I should love and all my friends with similar tastes seem to like it too. 

(in reply to MuckyMuckMan)
Post #: 19
RE: Heroes (UK) Sci Fi Channel - 21/2/2007 10:55:27 AM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: discodave101

Oh my god, am I the only one who wasn't that impressed?? I'm starting to worry now, as this is the kind of program I should love and all my friends with similar tastes seem to like it too. 

Give it time, its like a a really really interesting fungus...

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

Post #: 20
RE: Heroes (UK) Sci Fi Channel - 21/2/2007 10:59:48 AM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

quote:

No, you're not the only one. I was anticipating more of an "impact" for a first impression considering all the press it's gotten recently. But I'll stick with it if sharkboy, as well as several others, believes it improves as it goes along. There must be something to all the fuss, right?

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

Post #: 21
RE: Heroes (UK) Sci Fi Channel - 21/2/2007 11:04:37 AM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jessica_ca_ca_ca

quote:

No, you're not the only one. I was anticipating more of an "impact" for a first impression considering all the press it's gotten recently. But I'll stick with it if sharkboy, as well as several others, believes it improves as it goes along. There must be something to all the fuss, right?

Don't worry, I wasn't that impressed after the first two episodes but my little bro convinced me to stick with it and i'm glad I did.

Remember; save the cheerleader, save the world.

Oh and Hiro rocks the world.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

Post #: 22
RE: Heroes (UK) Sci Fi Channel - 21/2/2007 11:06:16 AM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

quote:

quote:

Don't worry, I wasn't that impressed after the first two episodes but my little bro convinced me to stick with it and i'm glad I did.

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 23
RE: Heroes (UK) Sci Fi Channel - 21/2/2007 11:28:24 AM   
Wedge

Brilliant show.  I watched the first six episodes yesterday.  Hiro is the best character, full stop.  What cool powers too!  Post-episode 3 is ultra addictive.

"When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!"
"Dance for me Colin! Daaance for me!!"
"Everybody's dead Dave"

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs314.snc4/41022_10150255199830294_790880293_14349909_1904630_n.jpg

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 24
RE: Heroes (UK) Sci Fi Channel - 21/2/2007 1:31:07 PM   
Dirty Hartigan

A decent two episodes,though nothing was especially mindblowing until the end of episode 2. The dialogue borders on cheese, but the plot turns look quite well executed - Hiro's time jump especially. The whole "LOST meets Unbreakable" vibe is far too strong at the moment, but I guess it'll establish it's own identity soon. The fact that a lot of posters here rate it so much inclines me to stick with it.

(in reply to Wedge)
Post #: 25
RE: Heroes (UK) Sci Fi Channel - 21/2/2007 1:43:50 PM   
The Mighty

Most of the downloaders were unimpressed with the pilot. just read the first page of the downloaders thread... http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=330440&mpage=1&key=, but I think even the harshest critics have warmed to the show now. Episode 4 is when it starts to get really intresting. All they need to do now is kill off some of the characters, there are way too many pointless ones to follow at the moment.

(in reply to Dirty Hartigan)
Post #: 26
RE: Heroes (UK) Sci Fi Channel - 21/2/2007 4:56:04 PM   
Grunny

quote:

ORIGINAL: theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

quote:

quote:

haha I was going ot post that quote but I knew I would be told off for Spoilers, but in his defence it is the shows tagline!

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 27
RE: Heroes (UK) Sci Fi Channel - 21/2/2007 5:12:24 PM   
Filmic Joe

Yup, the first couple of episodes are solid but uninvolving stuff, but definitely stickwith it, it'll get a lot better soon.

People are sponges, waiting to be soaked in the knowledge of life.

"You Crazy, Wonderful Zombie!"

(in reply to Grunny)
Post #: 28
RE: Heroes (UK) Sci Fi Channel - 22/2/2007 10:47:37 AM   
24Dan

I enjoyed the second episode more.
Did anyone notice that a painting in the druggies house of some symbol then appeared on the prof. computer when he was looking at all those numbers?

Professional Analrapist

(in reply to Filmic Joe)
Post #: 29
RE: Heroes (UK) Sci Fi Channel - 22/2/2007 10:52:37 AM   
paulyboy

Watched episodes 3-5 last night via download, it's getting gooooooooood!

I'd watch it on Sci-Fi but it's just too damn addictive to resist!

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to 24Dan)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Heroes (UK Speed) Sci Fi Channel Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI