Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Hobbit Still On Track?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> The Hobbit Still On Track? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Hobbit Still On Track? - 19/2/2007 2:40:01 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Rights issue? - 19/2/2007 2:40:01 PM   
oliraceking

Jackson owns WETA doesn't he? And didn't WETA design Gollum? So could that mean Jackson could veto the use of WETA's design and likeness of Gollum in the new film? That would be hilarious - an ILM Gollum with a Ja Ja Binks twang and hip Eddie Murphy style voice over!

It's SO simple guys - you CANNOT do a Rings movie without Jackson and his team. End of story. They are so inter-connected and New Line will lose so much more money than they're being sued for. Just give in to Jackson and make a few more billion the easy way.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
not sure - 19/2/2007 3:04:28 PM   
danbo1138

ok,new line may go ahead with a hobbit movie,but is there anything to stop jackson making his version when the rights go back to the tolkien estate?that i would love to see,and would'nt it be one in the eye for new line when it rips the shit outa their version?

Post #: 3
RE: not sure - 19/2/2007 3:51:18 PM   
Glorfindel

Hmmm, I can actually imagine that they'll kiss and make up. It makes sense, after all...

The Hobbit Film - The way it was meant to be or not at all.

(in reply to danbo1138)
Post #: 4
Go, no go? - 19/2/2007 4:35:48 PM   
stu 2 stu

The fans will only trust Jackson with this 'Precious prequel' any atempt to make without him and his team better be up to scratch. a poor Version of the Hobbit could spoil the triolgy

Post #: 5
RE: Go, no go? - 20/2/2007 8:49:13 AM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

This will be a studio controlled mess, you need Jackson to make this. If it doesn't line up with LOTR i.e. Gollum and McKellen's Gandalf then what's the point? Personally I still want Holm as Bilbo, give him a wig and whatever they ironed Arnie out for Terminator 3 and we are ready to go.

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to stu 2 stu)
Post #: 6
Consistency - 22/2/2007 1:35:36 PM   
FUBAR

A bit worried that without Jackson some of the others won't be on board. You need the same faces as Bilco and Gandalf, for example, to make this work, not to mention Serkis as Gollum. But, you can't blame them for siding with Jackson and not signing up if there is another director because it will be a huge movie and without Jackson you would have some concerns over whether or not it will work.

Post #: 7
hope - 22/2/2007 2:52:55 PM   
DeadCell79

i really hope all this mess gets sorted out. one way or the other ill ONLY be happy if jackson is directing. new line cant POSIBLEY be thinking of makeing this movie without the original stars. some one else as gandalf, gollum, bilbo, it would be a crazy load of shit. i just hope what ever happends its jackson. and what the other guy said about jackson owning WETA i didnt know that but its a dam good point. if weta aint going to be doing it then they may aswell just COPY & PASTE Ja Ja binks or Shrek as gollum.

< Message edited by dead_cell79 -- 22/2/2007 2:54:44 PM >

Post #: 8
Must be Jackson - 23/2/2007 6:38:15 PM   
Vinda

Jackson must be the guy to do this film. Not only is he a movie genius with LOTR but he has a passion for the books also which showed in the LOTR trilogy. He must be the man to make the hobbit it would simply be class and I agree with the above the movie wouldn't feel right if Jackson was not in the chair.

Post #: 9
RE: Must be Jackson - 24/2/2007 11:56:20 AM   
werner3112

New line had noo chance withoutout jackson! no one would be better than jackson and if they take anyone other, the project will flop! does anyone know, if they make a movie of the silmarillion? i love the book! greetings hw

(in reply to Vinda)
Post #: 10
RE: Consistency - 24/2/2007 1:12:18 PM   
Filmic Joe

quote:

ORIGINAL: FUBAR

A bit worried that without Jackson some of the others won't be on board. You need the same faces as Bilco and Gandalf, for example, to make this work, not to mention Serkis as Gollum. But, you can't blame them for siding with Jackson and not signing up if there is another director because it will be a huge movie and without Jackson you would have some concerns over whether or not it will work.

Now that's what I'd like to see- Phil silvers, Hobbit style.

Seriously though, for me it's pretty much Jackson or Bust.

People are sponges, waiting to be soaked in the knowledge of life.

"You Crazy, Wonderful Zombie!"

(in reply to FUBAR)
Post #: 11
RE: Consistency - 25/2/2007 1:11:18 PM   
Dark Aje

I agree it's still a big disappointment that Jackson seemingly will not be able to complete the Rings experience, but he's certainly not the only director that could do a fantastic job on the Hobbit.  There are surely a few directors out there who could put a fresh slant on the story, and give us a damn good film on what is a somewhat lighter story in tone then the epic Jackson gave us.  Hands down I'd prefer to see Jackson's take on the film, but I'd be somewhat satisfied with a director of the calibre of a Sam Raimi... or a Christopher Nolan... just as long as it isn't Joel Schumacher...

werner3112 - Silmarilion was a superb book, but could you honestly see such a sprawling and vast tale in a film (or even three?)... it's a damn near impossible task... mind you I guess they said that of Rings as well...

(in reply to Filmic Joe)
Post #: 12
Only PJ - 22/4/2007 8:11:35 PM   
XVII

I'm not being narrow minded here but like many others on PJ will do to direct this - anyone else & I will boycott the film. But I'm sure the Hollywood execs don't care - as long as they make money from a film they don't care what happens to a film - can you tell that I'm losing faith in Hollywood & all the suits/moneymen fast?

Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> The Hobbit Still On Track? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI