Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Last Comic Book You Bought?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> The Comic Shack >> RE: Last Comic Book You Bought? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Last Comic Book You Bought? - 2/5/2007 1:46:50 PM   
Titanm21

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 61
RE: Last Comic Book You Bought? - 2/5/2007 2:46:28 PM   
Fanboyslayer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kazuya

Ditto plus the latest..

Hellblazer
Buffy
Cronicles of Wormwood
Wonder Woman
Catwoman
Dark Tower
Angel
Wormwood Gentleman Corpse

Just to spare peoples blushes I feel it's only right that I should point out I'm a girl people! Not in a Crying Game way in the born without a willy way. I hope that's cleared that up.

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 62
RE: Last Comic Book You Bought? - 2/5/2007 9:57:56 PM   
sanchia

Wormwood Gentleman Corpse is a freaky little comic isn't it.  Quite amusing though.

I posted a picture of 52 issue 51 but Windows Vista is playing silly buggers (being as buggy as a field full of crickets).

It hasn't stood up to the potential of the early issues having lost it's way with the Black Adam storyline which was all just a lead up to the World War III spin off which didn't really work.  as a result I have to strain to remember the actually 52 storyline.  It is still better than many comics out there although the manner in which they have killed so many decent characters off (in some cases off screen and pointlessly) and the rather pathetic characterisation of Renee hasn't really don it any favours.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Fanboyslayer)
Post #: 63
RE: Last Comic Book You Bought? - 3/5/2007 9:24:25 AM   
Fanboyslayer

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

Wormwood Gentleman Corpse is a freaky little comic isn't it.  Quite amusing though.

I posted a picture of 52 issue 51 but Windows Vista is playing silly buggers (being as buggy as a field full of crickets).

It hasn't stood up to the potential of the early issues having lost it's way with the Black Adam storyline which was all just a lead up to the World War III spin off which didn't really work.  as a result I have to strain to remember the actually 52 storyline.  It is still better than many comics out there although the manner in which they have killed so many decent characters off (in some cases off screen and pointlessly) and the rather pathetic characterisation of Renee hasn't really don it any favours.

Wormwood has a strange little charm about it that I really like. I orginally got into it via the Hatter M series but that seems to have disapeared now which is a real shame.

I gave up on 52 although the other half is still ploughing on with it bless him, I just got fed up with it after the first few issues. Far to many super powers and I just got lost. I thought infinite crisis was okay but to be honest I have enjoyed Justice more I think as it's much easier to follow. I think DC had a great opertunity to really make new developements with old characters after Infinite but total failed to grasp it. Such a shame I though Wonder Woman would get intersting after the Max Lord thing but nope.

I have to say my favorite by far at the moment is Hellblazer and the new Garth Ennis The Boys which is just brilliantly offensive.

Just to spare peoples blushes I feel it's only right that I should point out I'm a girl people! Not in a Crying Game way in the born without a willy way. I hope that's cleared that up.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 64
RE: Last Comic Book You Bought? - 6/5/2007 12:24:38 PM   
Zaphod121

Buffy Season 8 Issue 3

(in reply to Fanboyslayer)
Post #: 65
RE: Last Comic Book You Bought? - 7/5/2007 5:45:47 PM   
Titanm21

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 66
RE: Last Comic Book You Bought? - 8/5/2007 5:36:25 PM   
Tohru_Readman

Last Comic:
Tales from the Clerks

Last Manga:
Gunsmith Cats Burst Volume 1, Death Note Volume 11 and xxxHolic Volume 1 (fp 3 for 15 offer)

Just because they serve you doesn't mean they like you.

(in reply to VincentHanna)
Post #: 67
RE: Last Comic Book You Bought? - 8/5/2007 5:52:43 PM   
Kazuya

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 68
RE: Last Comic Book You Bought? - 9/5/2007 9:37:06 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Buffy season 8 part 3

And Beano first Dennis cover (from e-bay)

Just read and enjoyed Mary Jane series and The home-coming Mary Jane series

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 69
RE: Last Comic Book You Bought? - 10/5/2007 12:41:40 PM   
Titanm21

I've never read any of the Buffy comics. Are they worth hunting out?

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 70
RE: Last Comic Book You Bought? - 10/5/2007 10:27:28 PM   
Numpty

I usually only buy graphic novels when it comes to Marvel or DC. The only comic I get on a regular basis is 2000AD now, as it's really the only big English comic left...

'Of course you don't have wings, you're a boy!'

"Well, who' d have thought it! Darth Vader is Luke Skywalkers dad" Homer Simpson

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 71
RE: Last Comic Book You Bought? - 11/5/2007 5:58:11 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Anyone recommend runaways? I keep thinking about it and the new Buffy comics are very good

(in reply to Numpty)
Post #: 72
RE: Last Comic Book You Bought? - 11/5/2007 7:29:49 PM   
furrybastard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Numpty

I usually only buy graphic novels when it comes to Marvel or DC. The only comic I get on a regular basis is 2000AD now, as it's really the only big English comic left...

I had a 2000AD/Megazine thread a while ago but it died a death

Perhaps I'll revive it. Now seems as good a time as any, with the end of Origins.

(in reply to Numpty)
Post #: 73
RE: Last Comic Book You Bought? - 15/5/2007 8:51:29 PM   
Kazuya

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 74
RE: Last Comic Book You Bought? - 16/5/2007 12:42:03 PM   
BigKovacs

As good as ever and incredibly depressing but hey, its a Zombie saga! Just annoyed that I have to wait so long for the next installment.

Gamertag: Cambo1979.

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 75
RE: Last Comic Book You Bought? - 16/5/2007 12:49:41 PM   
BigKovacs

Got this purely on recommendation from fellow forumites and Im glad I did. I love the concept, it reminds me of the Outer Limits or the Twighlight Zone, with Graves as the narrator setting the scene. I actually thought the first story was the weakest and the second the best with some nice turns, the thrid story was almost tacked on but packed a lot of punch in a wickedly short time. Risso's art is cleary is influenced by Frank Miller and while its not to my tastes it does suit the crime/conspiracy theme of the book. I'm looking forward to picking up more of these.

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 76
RE: Last Comic Book You Bought? - 16/5/2007 3:57:24 PM   
furrybastard

100 Bullets only gets better, BigKovacs. I found the first volume to be quite slight in some ways and thought it was a cool concept that would run out of steam in a short time. However the succeeding volumes really kick it up a gear, to say the least.

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 77
RE: Last Comic Book You Bought? - 16/5/2007 5:37:12 PM   
BigKovacs

As much as I enjoyed the virst volume furry I also thought it couldnt last that long but theres what, 6 volumes now? I was expcting all three stories to be formulaic but good but I was pleasantly surprised with twists that kept them all fresh, the more I think about the third one the more I like it, it packed so much in a short space without even saying much.

I actually have a question regarding the second story in First Shot, Last Call, the one about the barman, it has a spoiler of sorts...

What was the crack with the drug deal going on in the background while the barman bargained with the russian lady he was supposed to kill? I couldnt see the relevance.

...cheers!

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 78
RE: Last Comic Book You Bought? - 16/5/2007 5:41:29 PM   
Shaunette_ofthe_Dead

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanm21

I've never read any of the Buffy comics. Are they worth hunting out?

If you're a Whedon fan, then a big hell yes! I don't think they're very accessible if you're not au fait with the Buffyverse, though.

I wanted the willow cover, though. May have to buy it seperately...

"Were you checking me out or him? Because he worries about me getting harrassed in the workplace."

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 79
RE: Last Comic Book You Bought? - 16/5/2007 7:59:54 PM   
furrybastard

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigKovacs

As much as I enjoyed the virst volume furry I also thought it couldnt last that long but theres what, 6 volumes now? I was expcting all three stories to be formulaic but good but I was pleasantly surprised with twists that kept them all fresh, the more I think about the third one the more I like it, it packed so much in a short space without even saying much.

I actually have a question regarding the second story in First Shot, Last Call, the one about the barman, it has a spoiler of sorts...

What was the crack with the drug deal going on in the background while the barman bargained with the russian lady he was supposed to kill? I couldnt see the relevance.

...cheers!

There's 10 volumes so far. Trust me, it really does pick up the pace from volume 2 onwards. There's a lot more going on than the first volume leads you to believe!

As for your question, I'm afraid it's been absolutely ages since I read volume 1 so can't recall. Maybe somebody else can help out? It could just be one of those little slices of life Azzarello likes to include in his stories to create the right atmosphere or it could have more significance. I've been meaning to re-read them for a while now - I'd better get on with it!

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 80
RE: Last Comic Book You Bought? - 18/5/2007 10:24:40 AM   
BigKovacs

I re-read it yesterday and it looks like it could just be setting the scene for wha the Russian woman was talking about, the clandestine an violent world she lives in. It would be cool if it turns out to be a full story later, I'd also like to the the sub plot hidden in the very last story (its literally about 6 panels long) pan out in later volumes, however it works great as a one off.

Post #: 81
RE: Last Comic Book You Bought? - 19/5/2007 9:18:48 PM   
linkacid

all the way to issue 4 i also got all star batman and robin issue 5

Snyder: "I can smell trouble anywhere its like a sixth sense."
Giles: "No I believe thats one of the five."

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 82
RE: Last Comic Book You Bought? - 20/5/2007 8:31:18 PM   
Kazuya

A troubled and controversial title, but I'm really getting into it..

As for this one, well, I'm not to crazy about the direction the story is headed for, but Olivetti's art is phenomenal.

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 83
RE: Last Comic Book You Bought? - 21/5/2007 9:37:45 AM   
thearchitect

ghost rider: trail of tears issue 4#
iron man agent of sheild 15#, 16#, and 17#
captain america
marvel zombies vs the army of darkness

all great comics

Human cloning is outlawed because if Chuck Norris were cloned, then it would be possible for a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick to meet another chuck Norris roundhouse kick. Physicists theorize that this contact would end the universe.

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 84
RE: Last Comic Book You Bought? - 26/5/2007 11:18:42 AM   
Kazuya

Awesome, just awesome. J. Scott Campbell, you are a god.

Ninja Scroll #9, this series is shaping up nicely after a weak start.

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 85
RE: Last Comic Book You Bought? - 29/5/2007 2:31:43 PM   
furrybastard

Bloody hell, it's rather difficult to find Ennis' Hellbalzer collections, isn't it!?

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 86
RE: Last Comic Book You Bought? - 3/6/2007 10:17:16 PM   
borstal

Bought 2 TPB's today

Walking Dead 6
Y TLM 4

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 87
RE: Last Comic Book You Bought? - 6/6/2007 2:42:12 PM   
Vertigo...Woo.Yay.

quote:

ORIGINAL: furrybastard

Bloody hell, it's rather difficult to find Ennis' Hellbalzer collections, isn't it!?

It is. Luckily I have 'em all in original monthly form.

Anyone getting Hellblazer on a monthly basis at the moment? Andy "The Losers" Diggle has taken over with art from leonardo manco, and fuck me if it isn't shaping up to be the equal of the Ennis years. Has gone from being a Woo Yay 'recommended' title to a Woo Yay 'drop everything and get into this' title.

He's even gone back to (whisper it) Newcastle...

"Things are going to get pretty interesting..."
"Define 'interesting'"
"Oh God, Oh God, we're all gonna die?"

If only we could harness Otis Ferry for good...
All hail Hypnotoad

Post #: 88
RE: Last Comic Book You Bought? - 7/6/2007 10:28:22 PM   
IAmMadeOfPoison

Just got the first 'Fell' TPB colleting issues 1-8.  Tis proper top if you missed the reglar issues like I did.

(in reply to Vertigo...Woo.Yay.)
Post #: 89
RE: Last Comic Book You Bought? - 8/6/2007 1:04:14 PM   
Zaphod121

Buffy Season 8 Issue 4, Long way Home PT IV

(in reply to IAmMadeOfPoison)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> The Comic Shack >> RE: Last Comic Book You Bought? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI