Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 3/10/2009 10:13:47 AM   
MBeard

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

I  thought when you change difficulties it resets all you skills and you start again from scratch.

To beat Kazdan Paratus stand near the back, Electrify him for a second, just giving you enough time to force grab him and fling him off the back of the level fo a little bit of damage. Repeat.

I thought that also, thats why I never bothered with Sith Master difficulty?

EDIT It saves this on x360a:

quote:

Last, you MUST begin a new game in order to get credit for beating the game at a higher difficulty. The reason for this is that when you continue the game you donít play the prologue and thus donít complete the entire game on that higher difficulty setting.

Just to reiterate, when going from one difficulty to another, your talents, powers and combos WILL NOT carry over. You need to start a brand new game, hence the aforementioned collecting only holocrons which you really need.

True?

< Message edited by MBeard -- 3/10/2009 10:20:14 AM >

PM me for Xbox Live Details!

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 211
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 3/10/2009 11:32:29 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: MBeard

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

I  thought when you change difficulties it resets all you skills and you start again from scratch.

To beat Kazdan Paratus stand near the back, Electrify him for a second, just giving you enough time to force grab him and fling him off the back of the level fo a little bit of damage. Repeat.

I thought that also, thats why I never bothered with Sith Master difficulty?

EDIT It saves this on x360a:

quote:

Last, you MUST begin a new game in order to get credit for beating the game at a higher difficulty. The reason for this is that when you continue the game you don't play the prologue and thus don't complete the entire game on that higher difficulty setting.

Just to reiterate, when going from one difficulty to another, your talents, powers and combos WILL NOT carry over. You need to start a brand new game, hence the aforementioned collecting only holocrons which you really need.

True?

BOLLOCKS! I just continued my game. Reset the difficulty and then used mission select to choose the earliest level. Which was the Tie Fighter Hanger. I forgot about the Prologue level. I guess it's only worth continuing the game if you want to collect all the Holocron things. I myself can not be bothered to go through each level to collect 75 of those things.

So to complete the game on the hardest difficulty I have to start from scratch? With a ZERO level character? It would be do able ... apart from a few sections. Ugh ... this may be going right back on swap shop ...

(in reply to MBeard)
Post #: 212
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 3/10/2009 12:36:20 PM   
chilipenguin

Going back through it the second time without powers is a bit easier though. You should be used to the controls and be able to get the upgrades faster, especially if you go after the holocrons. 

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

New short story/portfolio blog online HERE

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 213
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 3/10/2009 12:40:44 PM   
DJ Satan

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

BOLLOCKS! I just continued my game. Reset the difficulty and then used mission select to choose the earliest level. Which was the Tie Fighter Hanger. I forgot about the Prologue level. I guess it's only worth continuing the game if you want to collect all the Holocron things. I myself can not be bothered to go through each level to collect 75 of those things.

So to complete the game on the hardest difficulty I have to start from scratch? With a ZERO level character? It would be do able ... apart from a few sections. Ugh ... this may be going right back on swap shop ...

On my second playthrough I used a walkthrough, as getting all the holocrons really does help with levelling. Some sections are quite hard but can be skipped by running through. The bosses are quite hard too but there are pleny of youtube video guides out there.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 214
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 25/2/2010 12:56:00 PM   
juanvasquez

Can anyone tell me what the DLC is like? Not just the new one but the Tattooine mission too? Is it worth picking the full game up again (bearing in mind I enjoyed the game, and I'm a massive SW nerd) and then paying 1600 points?

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 215
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 25/2/2010 5:54:59 PM   
Bumfluff

The Tatooine DLC had a few nice touches from a fan POV but was ultimately very easy & not worth the 800MS points.

From what I can gather, this DLC is exactly the same (& has no achievements if that sort of thing affects your decision)

My Cinema Diaries

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 216
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 19/11/2012 12:34:26 PM   
Timon

I just got it and started playing it yesterday on 'Sith Lord' setting. Thinking that was a mistake, as some sections are quite hard when you're overwhelmed with troopers. Still great fun though! Loved 'force blasting' people into force fields!

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 217
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI