Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 [7] 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 24/3/2009 4:11:35 PM   
thatlittlemonkey

As the sameless Star Wars apologist that I am, I went and picked this up the other week thinking "it can't be that bad...".  And it's not bad, as such.  Such a little meh and pretty broken.

Now then, I ploughed straight in on Sith Lord difficulty and to be honest, I've breezed through up until Kazdan Paratus on Raxus Prime.  Frankly, the little fucker is starting to mess with my chi.  I've tried so many different approaches - hang back and get spammed with some unstoppable force gubbins that knocks half my energy off, get in close and get whacked with some crazy unblockable twirly-whirly shit, or try and Force-fu him and the bollocky-arse auto aim decides to grab something 6 foot away, leaving me with my arse exposed to get a crazy mechanical legged shafting from the Crazy Frog.  What am I doing wrong?

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to chilipenguin)
Post #: 181
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 24/3/2009 4:16:02 PM   
geekpenguin

I have to say this is the first time that I've ever been *okay* with button bashing. I played on Wii, but still felt like I was doing the same move over, and over, and over again (cue Hot Chip's "Over and Over"). That's how I managed to whoop Kazdan, but then again, I wasn't playing it on Sith Lord o_O. Hope you find a way to best the little crazy frog. He gets quite annoying, especially with his stupid junk people.

"When you can't run, you crawl; and when you can't crawl anymore, when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you."

Batman Begins *****
The Dark Knight **** and a half...

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 182
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 24/3/2009 4:17:08 PM   
DJ Satan

quote:

ORIGINAL: thatlittlemonkey

As the sameless Star Wars apologist that I am, I went and picked this up the other week thinking "it can't be that bad...".  And it's not bad, as such.  Such a little meh and pretty broken.

Now then, I ploughed straight in on Sith Lord difficulty and to be honest, I've breezed through up until Kazdan Paratus on Raxus Prime.  Frankly, the little fucker is starting to mess with my chi.  I've tried so many different approaches - hang back and get spammed with some unstoppable force gubbins that knocks half my energy off, get in close and get whacked with some crazy unblockable twirly-whirly shit, or try and Force-fu him and the bollocky-arse auto aim decides to grab something 6 foot away, leaving me with my arse exposed to get a crazy mechanical legged shafting from the Crazy Frog.  What am I doing wrong?
Hang back (closest to the camera). Shock him with Force Lightning, Then while he is shocked pick him up and fling him off the back of the stage. Avoid the stuff he throws at you and just wait. As soon as he jumps off the wall hit him with lightning again. Repeat. It gets boring and took me about ten attempts using this method but I soon cracked him.

I then got bored and gave up on the next stage.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

Post #: 183
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 24/3/2009 4:20:31 PM   
thatlittlemonkey

Cheers.  If boredom does hang around for me, I may just bounce down a level and dash through it so I can get into my trade pile as quickly as possible.

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 184
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 30/3/2009 6:14:33 PM   
losthighway

Having just read the last few pages of this thread, I'm presuming everyone is playing this on the Hard/Very Hard settings. As a novice (still!), I'd be playing it on Easy(!!) so would said glitches and bosses be just as annoying? I like Star Wars, the visuals look great and I can go manage with a bit of screen tear on my 360; hell RE5 was littered with it towards the end(!) but it didn't mess with my enjoyment of the game.

Plus, does anyone know where/what the cheapest price is for this game?

Thank you!

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

Post #: 185
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 30/3/2009 8:50:22 PM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: losthighway

Having just read the last few pages of this thread, I'm presuming everyone is playing this on the Hard/Very Hard settings. As a novice (still!), I'd be playing it on Easy(!!) so would said glitches and bosses be just as annoying? I like Star Wars, the visuals look great and I can go manage with a bit of screen tear on my 360; hell RE5 was littered with it towards the end(!) but it didn't mess with my enjoyment of the game.

Plus, does anyone know where/what the cheapest price is for this game?

Thank you!

Dude, check out this site to look for the cheapest prices http://www.find-dvd.co.uk/videoGames.aspx

I played through SW-TFU on both hardest and easiest difficulty settings. I found the hardest setting a decent challenge, but to be honest most of the levels weren't too tough, it was just the boss fights that were more challenging.

In my opinion the easiest difficulty setting was far too easy. Although it's still a bit frustrating (targeting can be hit and miss, and very annoying when it's a miss!) you don't fight the same number of enemies, so you don't receive as much experience and don't get to 'upgrade' your abilities as much as on the harder levels.

All in all, it's not a bad game, saved because A) it's Star Wars, so the cool bits are very cool, and B) the storyline is pretty good and ties in well with Revenge Of The Sith & New Hope. Buy it if you can get it cheap, but I wouldn't pay full price for it......

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 186
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 31/3/2009 5:37:18 PM   
losthighway

OK, so popped to local Blockbuster today to see how much it was going for preowned (17.99). Decided against hat and went for the rental instead, which I managed to get 2 for 7 days because I had some credit on my account. Anyway, been playing i for an hour or so this afternoon and thank god I didn't buy it!

Appalling screen tear from the start (I know I said I could probably cope with it, but seriously this was abysmal!), agreed that using the force to move objects is very fiddly (see DS to learn how its done properly!) and I just haven't got a clue where I'm suppsed to be going, so lots of running around aimlessly (bar that little map/yellow arrow, which is useless!). Needless to say my enjoyment wained fast!

I'm now at the start of the second chapter (the droid graveyard or whatever it is!?) and 'm already stuck running around in circles, chucking things at the furnaces with nothing happening and got no clue where i'm going.

Thinking might be going back to The Darkness afterall!

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 187
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 31/3/2009 8:39:38 PM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: losthighway

OK, so popped to local Blockbuster today to see how much it was going for preowned (17.99). Decided against hat and went for the rental instead, which I managed to get 2 for 7 days because I had some credit on my account. Anyway, been playing i for an hour or so this afternoon and thank god I didn't buy it!

Appalling screen tear from the start (I know I said I could probably cope with it, but seriously this was abysmal!), agreed that using the force to move objects is very fiddly (see DS to learn how its done properly!) and I just haven't got a clue where I'm suppsed to be going, so lots of running around aimlessly (bar that little map/yellow arrow, which is useless!). Needless to say my enjoyment wained fast!

I'm now at the start of the second chapter (the droid graveyard or whatever it is!?) and 'm already stuck running around in circles, chucking things at the furnaces with nothing happening and got no clue where i'm going.

Thinking might be going back to The Darkness afterall!

Dude, have you tried Dark Sector? I've not played it, but I've heard pretty good things about it and it's supposed to be vaguely survival horror-ish. It was 4.99 on Play.com but I bet you could pick it up for a reasonable price on Ebay. Alternatively try Fallout 3, which isn't much of a survival horror, but great fun none the less

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

Post #: 188
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 1/4/2009 11:00:04 AM   
tftrman

quote:

ORIGINAL: From_Hell

It was 4.99 on Play.com but I bet you could pick it up for a reasonable price on Ebay.

I think 4.99 is a reasonable price!

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 189
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 1/4/2009 11:04:47 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: tftrman

quote:

ORIGINAL: From_Hell

It was 4.99 on Play.com but I bet you could pick it up for a reasonable price on Ebay.

I think 4.99 is a reasonable price!

Exactly what I was thinking!

(in reply to tftrman)
Post #: 190
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 1/4/2009 11:41:32 AM   
losthighway

Yeah I had a look at Dark Sector for 4.99 a while back but it got average reviews across the board, so decided against it. As for Fallout 3, I've got it - initially I thought it was amazing, however I haven't touched it in ages because it's just too big and I got bored with it. I actually asked about its trade-in value at Blockbuster yesterday... 10!!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 191
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 7/4/2009 11:50:47 PM   
Vadersville

Just downloaded the new Jedi Temple level. Enjoying it so far up until I've come to a bit where you have to force move this glowy, floaty ball things. They seem to go everywhere but where i want them to and each time they turn red you have to start again! Grrrr!

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

Post #: 192
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 9/4/2009 9:22:24 PM   
Super Hans

quote:

ORIGINAL: Naked_Assassin

Star Destroyer was easy guys... Don't tell me your trying to pull it down in one part? You gotta do a little, then bail once the ties get close. Use lightning on them as they sweep over you. Also stay behind some cover, there was a piller to the left that I used. Once they're gone, rinse/repeat. 

That shows how shit I am...that bit has just taken me fucking ages!!   The satisfation was just about worth it in the end but I was screaming blue murder at the TV at several points.  What I found frustrating was that the rest of the game has been fairly manageble up to that point (I am on one of the easier settings though...can't remember which exactly), then they threw that at me!

Just been loking at a walkthrough, am I right in thinking that the next mission is the final one?  Looks bastard hard....I'll be glad to finish the game - on the whole I've enjoyed it (getting to use the force will always be cool!) but it has been frustrating at times.

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

(in reply to Naked_Assassin)
Post #: 193
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 14/4/2009 2:55:45 PM   
dr_finklestein

Jesus I paid 60 for my copy of this rubbish. Fear not I returned it when I completed it, less than a week later and got Spore instead. This game really is why people should not trust reviews, the reviewers dont fork out 60 quid for these games and I care about value for money which they dont.

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 194
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 15/4/2009 5:26:40 PM   
Chief

I like this game.

Post #: 195
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 15/4/2009 8:44:36 PM   
MBeard

I bought this on release, I've played 3 levels and just stopped playing it, ending up playing other games instead.

I want to get back into this, I imagine it to be a fairly fun game although I can't remember any of the controls!

PM me for Xbox Live Details!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 196
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 16/4/2009 10:19:29 AM   
Super Hans

quote:

ORIGINAL: MBeard

I bought this on release, I've played 3 levels and just stopped playing it, ending up playing other games instead.

I want to get back into this, I imagine it to be a fairly fun game although I can't remember any of the controls!

I did a similar thing but soon realised that for many baddies (and certainly the bosses) the force lightning alone would suffice!

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

(in reply to MBeard)
Post #: 197
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 29/4/2009 11:13:38 PM   
Knight Zyryab

What a Failure this game was. I was expecting it to be epic, what the hell.

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 198
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 7/8/2009 7:06:56 PM   
juanvasquez

Anyone heard anything about the 'Sith Edition'?

It looks like there's a level on Hoth and another featuring Darth Vader. Probably isn't worth buying it again though.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to Knight Zyryab)
Post #: 199
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 7/8/2009 11:39:32 PM   
Vadersville

"The Tatooine Downloadable Content, scheduled for release in Fall 2009, is the first of two expansions that occur in an "Infinities" storyline, an alternate history in which Starkiller kills Vader and becomes Palpatine's apprentice. In the expansion packs, Palpatine sends Starkiller to hunt down Obi-Wan Kenobi, and along the way the player encounters Jabba the Hutt and Boba Fett.The second "Infinities" expansion will depict Starkiller being dispatched to Hoth to kill Luke Skywalker. The Hoth expansion will be available only as part of an Ultimate Sith Edition of The Force Unleashed, which also includes all previous downloadable content."

From wikipedia

< Message edited by Vadersville -- 7/8/2009 11:41:13 PM >

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 200
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 8/8/2009 12:22:53 AM   
juanvasquez

After looking further into it, there is another level set on Coruscant too.

If the price is reasonable enough, I may pick it up, having already played the original through twice.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 201
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 12/8/2009 5:53:54 PM   
rich

Lol as if it wasnt bad enough the game was so truncated, now they're release a new addition and wanting people to pay for it. It should be a free update.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 202
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 30/8/2009 1:42:54 AM   
MBeard

Anyone bought the new DLC?

800 Points. Not too bad. Haven't bought it myself yet though.

PM me for Xbox Live Details!

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 203
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 30/8/2009 9:33:15 AM   
Bumfluff

Ive got it but wont play it until i'm done with Batman.

My Cinema Diaries

(in reply to MBeard)
Post #: 204
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 16/9/2009 3:31:47 AM   
chilipenguin

Picked this up less than 8 hours ago and I'm on the final level. Quick run through. Just a quick question. When I complete it, will I keep all my force abilities, lightsabre power ups etc if I want to go back through it again. If anyone wants it soon, I'll have it listed in the swap shop.

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

New short story/portfolio blog online HERE

(in reply to Bumfluff)
Post #: 205
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 16/9/2009 12:01:45 PM   
jinks

quote:

ORIGINAL: chilipenguin

Picked this up less than 8 hours ago and I'm on the final level. Quick run through. Just a quick question. When I complete it, will I keep all my force abilities, lightsabre power ups etc if I want to go back through it again. If anyone wants it soon, I'll have it listed in the swap shop.

Yup you certainly do, along with all the unlocked costumes you've collected along the way. Obviously makes the 2nd play through a piece of Jedi cake though as your character is pretty much nails now (especially when decked out in the evil Sith armour).

(in reply to chilipenguin)
Post #: 206
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 16/9/2009 12:18:44 PM   
thatlittlemonkey

quote:

ORIGINAL: jinks

quote:

ORIGINAL: chilipenguin

Yup you certainly do, along with all the unlocked costumes you've collected along the way. Obviously makes the 2nd play through a piece of Jedi cake though as your character is pretty much nails now (especially when decked out in the evil Sith armour).

No, no, no...  Don't say things like that.  Much like Dead Rising, I know I didn't particularly like TFU (The Fuckest Upest...), yet my brain keeps telling me that buying it again would be a Good Thing.  Saying things like that makes my brain want to be a double-hard Sith with a 'saber in one hand and a can of unholy whoopass in the other.  My brain is wrong...

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 207
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 16/9/2009 12:34:32 PM   
jinks

It's kinda handy going back for missed Jedi Holocrons - you can also replay levels after you've finished the game too with your powers.

I'm still gonna get Ultimate Sith Edition when its out in November, really like the Star Wars Inifinities (or whatever its called) with  the chance to whup Luke Skywalker on Hoth is too tempting to miss! I REALLY did enjoy TFU, granted it had THE most frustrating level in gaming history (Star Destroyer, im looking at you!) but in my opinion is defiantely one of the best Star Wars games out there.

An extra point goes to punting Ugnaughts and Jawas! Funny as fuck!  

Post #: 208
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 3/10/2009 2:11:59 AM   
the anomaly

Well ... I went back to the game. Picked up a copy on swap shop. I continued from my old save on Sith Warrior and have flown through the game. Completed it today. It's flawed but on the plus side it was quite pretty at times, it's Star Wars and it's quite fun. The combat is not as deep as somthing like God of War 2, DMC4 etc but you'll have much more success if you don't simply button bash.  EDIT: It's worth a rent ... or a quick play through. It is short.

SPOILERS
The most annoying sections ... Kazdan Paratus* ... the Star Destroyer bit was annoying last night. I got to it and thought "oh this will be a fun set piece/cutt scene" expecting very little effort needed on my part. Turns out I was wrong. A died numerous times. Though did it first time this morning. Darth Vader was also annoying. Still I completed the game easily enough.

I then cranked it up to Sith Master using my old character with all my power ups I flew through the game. Until I got up to *Kazdan Paratus. The same boss I got up to on my first play through on Sith Lord. What the hell is up with this boss? I've gone through everything else before easily enough. Yet I can barely touch him. Force Lightning has got me the furthest but I always die once I get to his first Junk Warrior. He shouldn't be this tough considering my character is quite tough already. He just soaks up any damage I give him. He is also the most aggressive boss in the game and it's hard to even see when you have hit him. P-I-S-S  TAKE.

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 3/10/2009 11:33:36 AM >

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 209
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 3/10/2009 2:16:09 AM   
DJ Satan

I  thought when you change difficulties it resets all you skills and you start again from scratch.

To beat Kazdan Paratus stand near the back, Electrify him for a second, just giving you enough time to force grab him and fling him off the back of the level fo a little bit of damage. Repeat.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 [7] 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 [7] 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI