Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 23/9/2008 10:10:25 PM   
chilipenguin

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

If your a big Star Wars fan then its a must buy IMO.

I am a massive, massive fan of Star Wars and the games (right through from X-Wing and Tie Fighter et al).

quote:

There are nine levels in total and the game on average is pretty good. However there are flaws like unfair boss battles and random lock on system. These flaws might be forgivable on the easier settings however on the hardest, it shows the game is heavily flawed. They showed never of put very hard setting in this game. All they done is crank up the defenses and strengthen of the enemies.
I thought level 3 boss was a pain in the ass on Sith master but the Bull Rancher is a bastard to take down.

Is it the kind of thing that you can learn to deal with or does it really hamper the game play? Might it be fixed when the release the inevitable updates/patches?
Sorry for all the questions just I am trying to watch the pennies but I really want to play this game.

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

New short story/portfolio blog online HERE

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 151
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 23/9/2008 11:38:06 PM   
Ghidorah

The flaws are forgivable on the easier settings but will be life or death on the harder settings. The lock on system does decide to choose a different object when you about to use the force power, allowing the enemy to kill you. Other times it refuse to lock onto a fucking huge monster and instead a tin can. That seriously did happen in a boss battle a few times.
The enemies can be depose of easily except for a few but this doesn't apply for boss battles. Sometimes you attack them and they don't feel it. However this, the lock on system and the increase strength/defence make boss battles very hard. It not matter of skill but luck the flaws don't hamper you too much.

At the moment I am facing a big monster and a dark jedi. my main target is the monster and it take twenty force lightning hits to take it down. This would be alot easier if the Dark Jedi would not jump in now and then. When the monster charge at me, the dark Jedi would appear, knock me down and the monster would then crush me. I have full health and straight away i had been killed. That had happened about 8 times already and i am doing very hard setting.

The game should be appearing in 2nd hand section soon.

(in reply to chilipenguin)
Post #: 152
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 24/9/2008 12:07:38 AM   
chilipenguin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

The flaws are forgivable on the easier settings but will be life or death on the harder settings. The lock on system does decide to choose a different object when you about to use the force power, allowing the enemy to kill you. Other times it refuse to lock onto a fucking huge monster and instead a tin can. That seriously did happen in a boss battle a few times.
The enemies can be depose of easily except for a few but this doesn't apply for boss battles. Sometimes you attack them and they don't feel it. However this, the lock on system and the increase strength/defence make boss battles very hard. It not matter of skill but luck the flaws don't hamper you too much.

At the moment I am facing a big monster and a dark jedi. my main target is the monster and it take twenty force lightning hits to take it down. This would be alot easier if the Dark Jedi would not jump in now and then. When the monster charge at me, the dark Jedi would appear, knock me down and the monster would then crush me. I have full health and straight away i had been killed. That had happened about 8 times already and i am doing very hard setting.

The game should be appearing in 2nd hand section soon.

All in all it sounds like the kind of thing I could deal with. I think I'l hold on till it hits the prowned shelves. Tis my birthday next month so might ask for this from the missus or something. 

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

New short story/portfolio blog online HERE

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 153
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 24/9/2008 2:26:20 AM   
thepluginbaby

I just completed it and am now trying to rack up all the achievements.  All and all, and I say this being the big star wars nerd that I am, I quite liked it and thoroughly enjoyed it right through to the end.  People are citing Jedi Power Battles as an influence, which I would agree (as more reason to get it) and also the Episode III game, whilst it is better than these two, it lacks the greatness of Jedi Knight II.

There are a couple of glaring niggles in the gameplay (STAR DESTROYER COMMAND PROMPTS WTF!!!) to do with locking on to enemies/objects as well as a couple of instances when it froze up on me.  Some of the bigger enemies become a bit uninspired towards the end, particularly the purge troopers, the AT-STs and the Rancors, which you can just douse with lightning until dead, it definitely lacks the polish in the combat aspect that God of War had.  That said, it was a very challenging playthrough, I played it through on Sith Lord and it got pretty testing, especially in the later levels. It also has absurdly good graphics and some stand out level design from the junk world, to the innards of a Sarlacc. 

What impressed me most about it was definitely the story, which will appeal to any fan of Star Wars and surpasses the writing in much of the prequel trilogy.  The game has the same sort of spirt as the original trilogy and conjures up some characters that you genuinely care for.  I probably will trade it in the near future, but at the moment I can't part with the idea of twatting storm troopers.
Lucasarts have created a decent game, I'm just waiting until the next Battlefront or KOTOR.  

"I have come to the conclusion that my gut, has shit for brains."

"Must go faster..."

My personal blog, ToBePhair, full of frantic movie/music/video game scribblings: http://tobephair.blogspot.com/

Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ToBePhair

(in reply to stuieboy)
Post #: 154
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 24/9/2008 2:29:13 AM   
Zao

quote:

On Kashyykk, in the generals trophy room, Jar Jar is encased in carbonite

Haha! Didn't notice that first time round. The General's Trophy room is packed with little Easter eggs- next to Jar-Jar there's Salacious Crumb and to the right of him there's the trash compactor monster's eye stalk. There's also a Dewback head, a Tauntaun head, Bantha horns, some Mynocks and some other freaky stuff. I love it when game developers put in that little bit extra for the fans!

< Message edited by Zao -- 24/9/2008 2:32:48 AM >

"I have to go. But if I find one single dog hair when I get back, I'll rub...sand...in your dead little eyes."

My humble, sweary movie blog

Post #: 155
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 25/9/2008 12:48:21 AM   
Ghidorah

I have successfully completed force unleashed on sith Master.

Spoilers for those who haven't got to the end yet.

At the end we are given a choice to fight, Sidious or a damage Darth Vader. I thought Sidious on Sith Lord was very hard and I read Darth Vader is harder to take down....... I decided to go for it and not replay the level on a easy setting. I was going no where but I found a way to beat him.

Do not jump
Do not go head to head with lightsabers
Don't bother with lightning

Run away but always attempt to pick Vader up with the force.
It take many attempts but once it happened, get him on the floor, stab him a few times then run away -repeat
If he use the force push, jump over him, slash him and run away.

(in reply to Zao)
Post #: 156
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 25/9/2008 10:19:04 AM   
Y2Neildotcom

(Potential Spoilers but I doubt it)

Damn game. Kept freezing on me as I was tearing down that Star Destroyer. But no matter how frustrating that level was, nothing could prepare me for the sheer amount of enemies awaiting me on the Death Star...how many AT-AT's do they need wandering about?

| www.y2neil.com |

"You kill or you die. Or you die then you kill".

"Your B.F's about to get F'd in the B!"

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 157
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 25/9/2008 6:16:36 PM   
juanvasquez

quote:

ORIGINAL: Y2Neildotcom

Damn game. Kept freezing on me as I was tearing down that Star Destroyer. But no matter how frustrating that level was, nothing could prepare me for the sheer amount of enemies awaiting me on the Death Star...how many AT-AT's do they need wandering about?

I know! That was insane. I hate those purge troopers so much!

I just use the age old method of zap, hide, charge, zap etc.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to Y2Neildotcom)
Post #: 158
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 26/9/2008 9:37:50 AM   
Y2Neildotcom

quote:

quote:

Thats just what I did. Freakin' annoying though.

But I did manage to complete the game...both endings. The freakin' battle for "dark side" was so much harder than the "light side"...if anyone is looking for tips to beat the "light side" just block all his attacks and send them right back. When he goes into his protective bubble to throw things at you, go near him and repulse!

| www.y2neil.com |

"You kill or you die. Or you die then you kill".

"Your B.F's about to get F'd in the B!"

Post #: 159
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 26/9/2008 11:23:25 AM   
Ghidorah

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thats just what I did. Freakin' annoying though.

But I did manage to complete the game...both endings. The freakin' battle for "dark side" was so much harder than the "light side"...if anyone is looking for tips to beat the "light side" just block all his attacks and send them right back. When he goes into his protective bubble to throw things at you, go near him and repulse!

I found the dark side easier.

* Don't jump
* Don't attack him directly
* keep your distance
* try to grab him with the force
* once grabbed, slam him into the floor and stab him a few times.

repeat this a FEW times and he is dead.

But I agree head on fighting is a lot harder on the darkside but I done this stratargy on Sith Master and I died far less than fighting on the lightside sith lord difficulties,

(in reply to Y2Neildotcom)
Post #: 160
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 30/9/2008 11:47:31 AM   
Diggler

Picked this up along with Merc's 2 this morning. I played about an hour so far and it's pretty meh.

"Hey Ron, I'm riding a furry tractor"

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 161
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 30/9/2008 8:53:09 PM   
rich

I picked it up on 360 even after reading the mediocre reviews. And while it wasn't terrible, it was exactly that - average, unexceptional and for every fun part theres an annoying one to balance it out. The TIE factory was really great fun, but then theres nothing to match it later in the game. Why build an engine to throw objects and smash materials, but then throw in two whole levels where everything is plant life that cant be broken the same way? Epic ideas dont make any epic game, evidently - the whole thing lasted 2 days. Whatever happened to the rest of Bespin? This and several other parts feel like they've been cut VERY short. At least it looks nice. But again why bother spending all that time making "wood react like real wood" only to forget about giving us a decent value game to play through.

They mention Nar Shadaa at least twice but it never shows up, and theres a glimpse of a snow world but it isnt a level? Come on now. The story was fair, but cliché riddled, and the design in visuals and sound was very good. But dont get me started on the lock-on control glitches and the invisible walls that could have been areas for exploration. Overall - try harder Lucasarts, what happened to the guys who did Dark Forces 2? Try them next time and fire the ones who took THAT beautiful concept art and made it into THAT painful button pressing sequence. I feel ashamed to think it looked cool seeing it last year. How could they steal some much from Devil May Cry/God of War and not better them? Oh well, it's 100% less embarrasing than the prequel trilogy so theres something. Maybe the DLC is the rest of the game?
7/10

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Diggler)
Post #: 162
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 1/10/2008 10:09:36 AM   
jinks

DLC has been announced for it CLICKY

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 163
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 1/10/2008 2:19:34 PM   
jediwarrior

quote:

ORIGINAL: jinks

DLC has been announced for it CLICKY

LucasArts today announced it's preparing two rounds of additional content for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. This new content will be available for both Xbox 360 (via Xbox Live Marketplace) and PlayStation 3 (via PlayStation Network) later this fall.
The first piece of downloadable content will be comprised of additional costumes and character models that can used while playing through the single-player campaign. Who are they? Oh, Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Ki-Adi-Mundi and Kit Fisto. Yeah, that's great.
Click the following link to can see the first in-game screenshots of Luke Skywalker unleashing the Force.
The second round of downloadable content, due later this year, will feature an entirely new single-player mission set in the Jedi Temple on the planet Coruscant. In the mission, Darth Vader's Secret Apprentice turns to the Jedi Temple to learn more about his father, and while searching through the rubble of the destroyed building he must confront his inner demons.
Both sets of content are being created by LucasArts' internal development team.
Additional themes and picture packs will also be released over time. Pricing and availability for these downloadable items will be announced at a later date.

Sound quite shit. So you can play as other characters, well you can do that at the moment by typing in some codes.

The new mission don't sound all that as well.

I still will be ebaying this once I get round to finishing it (which could take sometime now I'm into Madden 09 and NHL 09)

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 164
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 1/10/2008 6:11:35 PM   
juanvasquez

It does look a bit poor but I will most definately will be downloading the new level when its available. I love the game (not as much as empire, mind) so I'll be holding on to it for the DLC. And as for the costumes, if they are cheap I may get them.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 165
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 2/10/2008 5:06:34 PM   
rich

They're expecting us to buy the new content? Fuck that, it should have been there in the first place.

Meanwhile...

Post #: 166
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 3/10/2008 3:56:58 PM   
Karl Crutchley

re the DLC

The Jedi temple levels are already on the Wii version.
Unless they make some big changes for the DLC, they are a bit meh
Basically run up some steps into a big room where you fight loads of stormtroopers, then 1 of 3 corridors leading to a boss fight

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 167
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 3/10/2008 7:28:12 PM   
Gazdance

I'm guessing most of this thread has been about the XBox version but I have to say as a Wii owner, that I'm really enjoying the game.  I'm a big Star Wars fan so that no doubt helps.  I find that the game is a lot of fun, although once you've mastered the controls there really is not much that stands in your way.  Nevertheless, running around various worlds, slaughtering all in your path is great fun.

The Wii controls are what adds to the enjoyment, without a doubt, as you swing the remote to use the lightsaber and thrust the nunchuk forward to push enemies away with the force.

If only the makers had included a level or two where you got to fly about in the Rogue Shadow or on a Speeder bike (to make further use of the Wii's intuitive controls) and allowed you to make choices about where to go rather than such a linear storyline, this would have been the perfect Star Wars game.  As it stands, the Wii version is very good, lots of fun and a good addition, story wise to the franchise.

(in reply to Karl Crutchley)
Post #: 168
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 24/10/2008 1:29:08 PM   
jcthefirst

Shit shit shit.

And I am a massive Star wars fan, but this game is poor. It plays like Sonic but with today's graphics, with some lightsabers chucked in.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Gazdance)
Post #: 169
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 24/10/2008 2:45:34 PM   
The Hooded Man

Very average I have to say, on the Xbox at least.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 170
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 24/10/2008 4:22:34 PM   
borstal

I hate it!

Just been running through the game to collect all the holocrons and went through a level up to about the 10th one and checked my mission stats 0/15 Holocrons and bonus objectives *default text ?????!!!!!

Checked online and its a glitch they never bothered to sort out, BASTARDS. Apparently I have to start the game again, was up to the 10th level.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 171
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 24/10/2008 5:16:52 PM   
Bumfluff

I'm desperately trying to finish off the game on the hardest setting so I can snap my copy in half & never see it again but am stuck at the riduculously impossible bit at the start of the last level.
I've come this far but am not sure I can be arsed to continue...

My Cinema Diaries

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 172
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 26/12/2008 9:07:54 PM   
Chojin

Really enjoying this so far but the flaws really show on the unfair boss battles.

My biggest gripe is how slowly you get up when knocked down - you'd think someone who can leap around and do all that fancy shit can manage to get up faster than an old man getting out of bed.

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to Bumfluff)
Post #: 173
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 26/12/2008 10:51:52 PM   
dr. salvador

i got it on Wii for christmas and i'm having good fun with it but the lock-on being a bit random is really annoying me and the action you have to do in order to block with the lightsaber is just stupid

"Say hey Johnny boy, the battle call.
United we stand, divided we fall.
Together we are what we can't be alone,
We came to this country, you made it our home."

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 174
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 27/12/2008 12:05:21 AM   
jinks

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

Really enjoying this so far but the flaws really show on the unfair boss battles.

My biggest gripe is how slowly you get up when knocked down - you'd think someone who can leap around and do all that fancy shit can manage to get up faster than an old man getting out of bed.

Wait till later in the game, especially the final level. Missile city!!!

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 175
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 27/12/2008 8:38:38 AM   
Chojin

also got a quick question.

I'm playing through on Normal at the moment but plan to go back for the harder difficulties. When I do can I replay earlier levels in order to level up loads to help me out for the later levels?

I noticed there's a mission select button but I wasn't sure if this would affect your chances of getting the difficulty playthrough achievements.

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 176
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 27/12/2008 12:18:56 PM   
the anomaly

Lost all interest in this. I started playing through on Sith Lord at first was doing alright just have to keep moving to avoid blaster fire (quick death) and kill fast to get your health back. Yet once I got to the junk yard boss the game just took the piss. What's worse is the first few times I tried it I had him within an inch of his life. Yet when I went back to it I barely got close. Loading times were annoying too even when I installed it.
Started it on normal and it was alright but it really did not grip me. I just couldn't be bothered with it. I enjoyed the first few levels enough. Yet I just felt I had better games to play anyway so I just sent it back to lovefilm. 

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 177
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 28/12/2008 2:36:29 PM   
jinks

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

also got a quick question.

I'm playing through on Normal at the moment but plan to go back for the harder difficulties. When I do can I replay earlier levels in order to level up loads to help me out for the later levels?

Yeah, you should be able to level up during the earlier levels replaying them, bear in mind though that once you've found the respective Jedi Holocrons in that level it wount be there on your next play (unless you missed a few). Saying that, the Sith thingies are still there though.

Well i got the achievements for BOTH endings by doing the mission select option. Not too sure about the difficulty achievements though.

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 178
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 20/1/2009 1:38:10 PM   
geekpenguin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gazdance

I'm guessing most of this thread has been about the XBox version but I have to say as a Wii owner, that I'm really enjoying the game.  I'm a big Star Wars fan so that no doubt helps.  I find that the game is a lot of fun, although once you've mastered the controls there really is not much that stands in your way.  Nevertheless, running around various worlds, slaughtering all in your path is great fun.

The Wii controls are what adds to the enjoyment, without a doubt, as you swing the remote to use the lightsaber and thrust the nunchuk forward to push enemies away with the force.

If only the makers had included a level or two where you got to fly about in the Rogue Shadow or on a Speeder bike (to make further use of the Wii's intuitive controls) and allowed you to make choices about where to go rather than such a linear storyline, this would have been the perfect Star Wars game.
  As it stands, the Wii version is very good, lots of fun and a good addition, story wise to the franchise.

Totally agree. Just got this on the Wii on the weekend and am enjoying it somewhat. I'd say I really like it, but it's lacking in storyline and tbh I'm finding it a tad easy. Now that's a big thing for me to say, cause I'm not a big game player - I'll play some, and when I get a game I really like, I'll play it a lot. But not a whole lot on average. It's taken me 5 hours to get to the Shipyard level (not sure what number that is) and after reading the Wiki page on it, it seems like that's nearly 3/4's of the way through the game. What is going on with that???

A friend of mine got this on Xbox360 for Christmas, and he's at the junkyard level (like 3rd level or whatever?) and it's taken like 45 hours. I was watching him play last week (yes, only watch :P he wasn't about to surrender the gamepad) and he was in the ship where you first meet Kota, and there was way more stuff to do than I found on the Wii. Surely there's more gameplay etc on the Xbox360/PS3 versions? It makes me feel kinda cheated :(.

Other than that and the storyline/choices issues, I am enjoying it. Love the character of Galen Marek, I think they thought his character up real well. The pilot gets a bit annoying, but meh. It's goooood.

"When you can't run, you crawl; and when you can't crawl anymore, when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you."

Batman Begins *****
The Dark Knight **** and a half...

(in reply to Gazdance)
Post #: 179
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 20/1/2009 11:18:47 PM   
jinks

Hasnt the Wii and the PS2 versions already got the Jedi Temple levels from the start, unlike the 360 version where you gotta download it?

(in reply to geekpenguin)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI