Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 20/9/2008 8:10:16 PM   
patriot37

That Star Destroyer part is really starting to piss me off

(in reply to stuieboy)
Post #: 121
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 21/9/2008 12:50:03 AM   
Ghidorah

I manage to complete the game on hard and I'm dreading what it will be like on very hard. The final boss battle is stressful but regular back up and jump lightning makes it easier. Good game but too flawed for regular gamers. One for the fans only.

(in reply to patriot37)
Post #: 122
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 21/9/2008 1:01:48 AM   
jinks

quote:

ORIGINAL: patriot37

That part is horrendously frustrating!! Seriously it doesnt give you nearly enough time to pull it down.

Will give it one more crack and then possibly consider trading it in tomorrow.

(in reply to patriot37)
Post #: 123
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 21/9/2008 11:30:43 AM   
Naked_Assassin

Star Destroyer was easy guys... Don't tell me your trying to pull it down in one part? You gotta do a little, then bail once the ties get close. Use lightning on them as they sweep over you. Also stay behind some cover, there was a piller to the left that I used. Once they're gone, rinse/repeat. 

Dropping your pants on stage DOES NOT deploy star power

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

I practically creamed myself

Member of the 100% on Infinity Ward Call of Duty games...

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 124
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 21/9/2008 11:49:34 AM   
Sleepy

Only on the fourth level, enjoying it so far but the flaws are starting to creep through.
  • Seems to have a fair bit of graphical tear in places.
  • The boss battles appear to be more about luck, rather than any real skill or using tactics.
  • The force grip sometimes doesn't lock on properly.
  • When you get knocked down you're stunned and can't move for a second or two and then when you can move the enemy is firing off their next blow, which can lead to being caught in a cycle of repeated hits were you're powerless to do anything.
  • I was hoping for a bit more depth, ala KOTOR, but then they are trying to go very mass market - this is meant to be the next link in the saga and will be getting its own toyline -  and they want it to be as accessible as possible
Overall it's seems like a fun star wars game, just could have done with a bit more polish in places.

When it comes to the evil intentions of man, I'm always optimistic.

(in reply to Naked_Assassin)
Post #: 125
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 21/9/2008 12:06:44 PM   
Naked_Assassin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sleepy

Only on the fourth level, enjoying it so far but the flaws are starting to creep through.
  • Seems to have a fair bit of graphical tear in places.
Did notice it slow down a bit during explosions or lots of things going on, but it's a fair tradeoff in my book.
  • The boss battles appear to be more about luck, rather than any real skill or using tactics.
There are a few tactics, that little robot guy is hard, only thing you can really do is lightning/push and keep your distance. Only things with the bosses i've noticed is sometimes the health bar doesn't show. And sometimes it doesn't go into the finishing combo part. Like I spent ages on that guy, got him down to nothing and nothing was happening... So I walked over to where he was, and it's like he screamed "Allah!!" and blew himself up... Me aswel :(.
  • The force grip sometimes doesn't lock on properly.
  • When you get knocked down you're stunned and can't move for a second or two and then when you can move the enemy is firing off their next blow, which can lead to being caught in a cycle of repeated hits were you're powerless to do anything.
Is very anoying, if you time a jump well (Double jump when you get knocked down) you will instantly get back up and then do a dash to get out of the area.
  • I was hoping for a bit more depth, ala KOTOR, but then they are trying to go very mass market - this is meant to be the next link in the saga and will be getting its own toyline -  and they want it to be as accessible as possible
Overall it's seems like a fun star wars game, just could have done with a bit more polish in places.

Dropping your pants on stage DOES NOT deploy star power

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

I practically creamed myself

Member of the 100% on Infinity Ward Call of Duty games...

(in reply to Sleepy)
Post #: 126
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 21/9/2008 12:33:41 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: jinks

quote:

That part is horrendously frustrating!! Seriously it doesnt give you nearly enough time to pull it down.

Will give it one more crack and then possibly consider trading it in tomorrow.

You think that is hard, wait until you fight the last boos. The boss can has an electrical field protecting himself but if you go lightsabre on him, he can equip it and take half your life bar away. Normally it doesn't do it but when it does happen then you are basically fucked.

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 127
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 21/9/2008 7:26:18 PM   
patriot37

completed it earlier i heard there were multiple endings

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 128
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 21/9/2008 7:35:50 PM   
juanvasquez

I finished this earlier on Sith Warrior mode. I enjoyed it but as already stated it can be frustrating in parts. The star destroyer was tough but once you get into a rythm it was very straight forward. And the last boss was very easy in comparison to others. Shaak Ti was terrible. the camera was shite.

I've got about half the acheivements from it and have started again in Sith Lord mode. Though I had to change the difficulty setting at the start of the first level.

Will I have to start a new game to get the achievement for finishing it in hard as you don't do the vader prologue when you continue after a finished game?

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 129
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 21/9/2008 8:43:25 PM   
The Hooded Man

Help! I can't past the Star Destroyer part. I've followed the onscreen instructions and tried not to take it down in one go, one website said it can take to six rounds to get the job done. I've just finished over an hour of trying and am considering throwing the joypad through the telly, this is really frustrating. Does anyone have any tips to doing it?

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 130
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 21/9/2008 9:53:27 PM   
Zao

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

Help! I can't past the Star Destroyer part. I've followed the onscreen instructions and tried not to take it down in one go, one website said it can take to six rounds to get the job done. I've just finished over an hour of trying and am considering throwing the joypad through the telly, this is really frustrating. Does anyone have any tips to doing it?

What I did was bring it down as much as I could without being shot to shit by the TIE fighters. Then I hung around the left side of the screen.  As the TIE fighters flew by I jumped and shocked them with Force Lightning. Stay on the left hand side of the screen- they will all sweep past here. Then just rinse and repeat. With practice you can blow up all of the TIE fighters pretty quickly. Good luck!

"I have to go. But if I find one single dog hair when I get back, I'll rub...sand...in your dead little eyes."

My humble, sweary movie blog

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 131
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 21/9/2008 10:14:16 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

completed it earlier i heard there were multiple endings

Yep

Spoilers

You are given the choice after beating Vader for the first time. You can either take up on Palpatine offer to kill Vader or take on Palpatine and save the Rebels' leaders.

(in reply to patriot37)
Post #: 132
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 22/9/2008 10:04:13 AM   
jinks

I finally gave up and traded it in on Sunday after being stuck on that frickin Star Destroyer part! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 133
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 22/9/2008 10:25:44 AM   
thatlittlemonkey

I'm really glad I didn't pick this up now, going on what I've heard.  I'll hang on for the inevitable price plummet...

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 134
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 22/9/2008 10:39:22 AM   
Gizmo 76

The Star Destroyer did have me stuck for half hour odd, but that was because I was try to grab and throw them around, after I started to use the lightning attack (one blot takes them down) I done it in about 5 minutes. The key with positioning the ship so you get the green light is to just go a little past where it tells you too, and pull in the ship, trying to keep in sync with the on screen controls. Took about 5 or 6 efforts at pulling it in before it hit the ground...

I found the boss at the end of the third level the worse, but once again until i started to use lightning more....

After getting levels 3 and 4 out the way I've actually really enjoyed the game, yeah some pretty big flaws and frustration, but the story is really good, and using the force is fun. I guess if this wasn't star wars based, or your not a fan of star wars in general, then the game definitely wouldn't be as much fun! So make of that what you will, but i'm enjoying my play through so far...

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 135
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 22/9/2008 12:03:45 PM   
Y2Neildotcom

I love it, spent a lot of time on it over the weekend, don't think I'm near completion at all though.

Why did we have to beat the Crazy Frog in level 2?

Lots of places where you're in danger of falling into oblivion though, thats my only negative so far. Yes boss battles are hard and I'd of liked more lightsaber on saber action like Battlefield, but still love this game!

| www.y2neil.com |

"You kill or you die. Or you die then you kill".

"Your B.F's about to get F'd in the B!"

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 136
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 22/9/2008 12:16:39 PM   
goldleader

Great game been playing over the weekend and really do enjoy it.

I agree there are some bad bits to the game but its the best Star Wars game in a long time.  And for a Star Wars fan the story is good. 

(in reply to Y2Neildotcom)
Post #: 137
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 22/9/2008 12:19:20 PM   
juanvasquez

I'm currently on my second play through. And I'm still really enjoying. Anyone else get a more than healthy satisfaction when they electrocute Jawas?

(in reply to goldleader)
Post #: 138
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 22/9/2008 1:44:30 PM   
stuieboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

Anyone else get a more than healthy satisfaction when they electrocute Jawas?

Yes, and the sad thing is it never gets dull

"When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!"

Post #: 139
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 22/9/2008 1:52:49 PM   
jediwarrior

Anyone yet partly lifted that x-wing out of the liquid/lava? on the second level? I thought that was a nice touch back to ESB where Yoda did it. The x-wing was angle the same way as well

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to stuieboy)
Post #: 140
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 22/9/2008 1:56:41 PM   
Dark Knight

quote:

ORIGINAL: jediwarrior

Anyone yet partly lifted that x-wing out of the liquid/lava? on the second level? I thought that was a nice touch back to ESB where Yoda did it. The x-wing was angle the same way as well

Noticed that one myself - one of the nice things about the game IMO is the deft little nods that they have tried to put in there.

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 141
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 22/9/2008 1:57:51 PM   
Super Hans

I caved and got this on the PSP yesterday - only done the first level so far but it's pretty good fun!  Have played some of the 2nd level this morning on the way to work but din't quite get to the end.  Cool game, although it does kind of feel a bit random - when surrounded by tons of enemies I tend to just randomly slash about with my lightsaber and electrocute folk and it seems to do the trick- and even if you die you just respawn (with the only cost being a few force points).  Looking forward to playing more, although some bits are starting to sound a bit tricky - hope it's not too difficult - I'm not completely shit at games but I'm hardly a hardcore gamer either.  Looking forward to playing it some more while the missus watches the soaps later!

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

(in reply to patriot37)
Post #: 142
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 22/9/2008 7:40:17 PM   
Ghidorah

I do enjoy tough games but the 2nd boss is frustrating on sith master. The lock on system was taking the piss by locking off him and locking onto a tin can. Why would i fry a tin can especially if it is empty? Anyway the bastard is dead and here how I beat him.

I force lightning him then I jump over him several times until my force bar is recharge. I fry him again and repeat the jumping process.

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 143
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 23/9/2008 1:55:51 PM   
jediwarrior

Found some codes on the net where you can play as different characters.

Not tried it myself yet as I want to complete the game first then go back and muck about.

Under Code Entry in Option Menus type

AAYLA     To Play as Aaayla Secura

SECURA   To play as Green Skined Aaayla Secura

MAVERICK  To play as Qui-Gon Jinn

ITSATWAP   To play as General Ackbar

SCOUNDREL   To play as Lando Calrissian

MARAJADE   To play as Mara Jade Skywalker 

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 144
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 23/9/2008 5:57:30 PM   
Zao

quote:

ORIGINAL: stuieboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

Anyone else get a more than healthy satisfaction when they electrocute Jawas?

Yes, and the sad thing is it never gets dull

The best thing is grappling Jawas. You shock them then punt them. Had me in stitches first time that happened!

There's also an entire Millennium Falcon buried in the walls of junk on Raxus Prime. Happy hunting!

"I have to go. But if I find one single dog hair when I get back, I'll rub...sand...in your dead little eyes."

My humble, sweary movie blog

(in reply to stuieboy)
Post #: 145
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 23/9/2008 7:34:42 PM   
juanvasquez

On Kashyykk, in the generals trophy room, Jar Jar is encased in carbonite

(in reply to Zao)
Post #: 146
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 23/9/2008 9:00:52 PM   
Gizmo 76

I finished this earlier, I actually thought the game got alot better as it went on, and your powers increased. I thought the story was great! It could of done with a few more memorable scenes through out the game I think, but there were a couple of very nice touches that brought a smile to my face.

I wasn't planning on go through it again, but I'll keep hold of it for another couple of weeks to have a muck around with I think.

Yeah it's buggy at times, and the bosses can be a pain on occasion, but I think the majority of star wars fans will enjoy the play through....

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

Post #: 147
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 23/9/2008 9:37:38 PM   
chilipenguin

So what's the verdict then? Buy or no buy? Is it best to wait for the price to come down?

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

New short story/portfolio blog online HERE

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 148
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 23/9/2008 9:45:11 PM   
juanvasquez

If your a big Star Wars fan then its a must buy IMO.

(in reply to chilipenguin)
Post #: 149
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 23/9/2008 10:01:51 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: chilipenguin

So what's the verdict then? Buy or no buy? Is it best to wait for the price to come down?

Rent it or buy it cheap.

There are nine levels in total and the game on average is pretty good. However there are flaws like unfair boss battles and random lock on system. These flaws might be forgivable on the easier settings however on the hardest, it shows the game is heavily flawed. They showed never of put very hard setting in this game. All they done is crank up the defenses and strengthen of the enemies.
I thought level 3 boss was a pain in the ass on Sith master but the Bull Rancher is a bastard to take down.

(in reply to chilipenguin)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI