Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Bionic Woman

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Bionic Woman Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Bionic Woman - 15/5/2007 9:28:57 PM   
Dirty Hartigan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

Hey, chicks fighting- I'm in.

Her accent seems ok but whats with the pauses, who's her acting coach, Tony Blair? Plus, her stunt double was in those clips more than she was  

Great to see Miguel Ferrer in a show I would actually watch.

The accent was surprisely ok-ish, despite the Shatner-esque delivery. Couldn't they find a real actress though?

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 31
RE: The Bionic Woman - 15/5/2007 9:33:21 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 32
RE: The Bionic Woman - 15/5/2007 11:18:49 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirty Hartigan

quote:

Her accent seems ok but whats with the pauses, who's her acting coach, Tony Blair? Plus, her stunt double was in those clips more than she was  

The accent was surprisely ok-ish, despite the Shatner-esque delivery. Couldn't they find a real actress though?

Define 'real actress'? 

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Dirty Hartigan)
Post #: 33
RE: The Bionic Woman - 15/5/2007 11:28:25 PM   
furrybastard

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirty Hartigan

quote:

Define 'real actress'? 

A person who can legitimately act. Though I don't think that it's really needed for something called the Bionic Woman.

Post #: 34
RE: The Bionic Woman - 15/5/2007 11:52:54 PM   
Shifty Bench

I don't really see why somone who studied acting and spent 5 years on a soap opera can't be called a real actress. It's not as though it's a hobby for her, it's what she does.  Anyway, she has time to improve, hopefully this show will be the break she needs.

And I don't recall asking you FB?

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 15/5/2007 11:53:11 PM >

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 35
RE: The Bionic Woman - 16/5/2007 1:24:19 AM   
furrybastard

quote:

I don't really see why somone who studied acting and spent 5 years on a soap opera can't be called a real actress. It's not as though it's a hobby for her, it's what she does.  Anyway, she has time to improve, hopefully this show will be the break she needs.

And I don't recall asking you FB?

I assume everyone is really thinking about me whenever they say or do anything. Yes, anything.

I don't know if she can act or not though I really don't think it's of massive importance with a show like this. It's more Prison Break than Sopranos, surely?

Post #: 36
RE: The Bionic Woman - 16/5/2007 1:55:59 AM   
Shifty Bench

True, if someone from Eastenders ended up in The Sopranos there'd be something very wrong going on

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 37
RE: The Bionic Woman - 16/5/2007 8:57:39 AM   
Base

According to wikipedia, Katee Sackhoff has been cast as the evil bionic Sarah (worst name for a super villain ever) in the pilot...

Not sure if that is good or bad.  On the plus side it is a decent bit of casting, but can anyone really see someone out of Eastenders kicking Starbucks ass???

Thought not...

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

Post #: 38
RE: The Bionic Woman - 16/5/2007 9:30:31 AM   
jediwarrior

quote:

ORIGINAL: Base

According to wikipedia, Katee Sackhoff has been cast as the evil bionic Sarah (worst name for a super villain ever) in the pilot...

Not sure if that is good or bad.  On the plus side it is a decent bit of casting, but can anyone really see someone out of Eastenders kicking Starbucks ass???

Thought not...

Katee is in the clip on Youtube fighting with Michelle

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 39
RE: The Bionic Woman - 16/5/2007 9:30:40 AM   
theram05

Starbuck huh? Either its a long fall for Katee or this show has real potential. Sounds like another manly role for Sackhoff though, talk bout typecast perfectly.

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 40
RE: The Bionic Woman - 16/5/2007 9:39:58 AM   
Peter Dragon

quote:

ORIGINAL: theram05

Starbuck huh? Either its a long fall for Katee or this show has real potential. Sounds like another manly role for Sackhoff though, talk bout typecast perfectly.

Watch it! She can kick my ass anyday.

But seriously.................
I think a few of the BSG crew were hedging their bets on them not getting a 4th series last year, Sackhoff's in the pilot for this and the lovely Tricia Helfer is in the pilot for a new series called Them. Looks like they all got a temp job, just in case.
You can be sure both of them will die off screen in both these pilots, leaving them a chance to come back into both series once BSG finishes next year.

Fuck land! I'm on a boat motherfucker!

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 41
RE: The Bionic Woman - 16/5/2007 9:50:47 AM   
theram05

Man I wouldnt touch Sackhoff with yours.

Now Helfer on the other hand.......

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to Peter Dragon)
Post #: 42
RE: The Bionic Woman - 16/5/2007 9:51:57 AM   
Base

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Dragon

quote:

ORIGINAL: theram05

Watch it! She can kick my ass anyday.

But seriously.................
I think a few of the BSG crew were hedging their bets on them not getting a 4th series last year, Sackhoff's in the pilot for this and the lovely Tricia Helfer is in the pilot for a new series called Them. Looks like they all got a temp job, just in case.
You can be sure both of them will die off screen in both these pilots, leaving them a chance to come back into both series once BSG finishes next year.

Sorry to drag off-topic, but I'm avoiding the BSG threads as all I've seen is the mini-series but plan to buy series one as soon as I have some spare cash.  Is that confirmed, will it only go to 4 series??  I thought it was doing well??

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

Post #: 43
RE: The Bionic Woman - 16/5/2007 10:03:42 AM   
Peter Dragon

Check your pm's Base.

< Message edited by Peter Dragon -- 16/5/2007 10:04:21 AM >

Fuck land! I'm on a boat motherfucker!

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 44
RE: The Bionic Woman - 16/5/2007 10:09:30 AM   
Base

Thanks dude (I have replied but not sure if it sent)

Now to resume normal service...

Has the pilot aired yet???

Post #: 45
RE: The Bionic Woman - 16/5/2007 11:48:47 AM   
Barefoot Doctor

It won't air till September/October time!

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 46
RE: The Bionic Woman - 16/5/2007 2:55:37 PM   
Beno

Its a bit of a mystery as to how Miss Ryan can go from Brit. Soap actress to this .
Same thing happened with Zeta Jones years ago and Clive Owen more recently ,
perhaps they all have good agents . The latter 2 can "act", we have to wait and see
with the lovely Miss Ryan .
One slight little quibble bout this new version of Bionicness ; when she runs she does it
palms open exactly like Lynsey Wagner did in the original and i remember watching it as a child that everyone used to take the mick out of her for it . Apart from that what we have seen looks fine . Great to see Sackhoff being a "nasty girl".

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

Post #: 47
RE: The Bionic Woman - 16/5/2007 3:48:42 PM   
Base

Is this the first time that a spin-off has been re-made??

Just looking through the wikipedia entry on the original series, I can't remember much about it (tho I probably saw most of it and 6 million dollar man), were the main villains really the Fembots???! 

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 48
RE: The Bionic Woman - 16/5/2007 8:27:27 PM   
** Kill Yr Idols **

Is that frackin' Starbuck in the YouTube clip fighting Ryan???  I'd buy her as the Bionic Woman rather than a Slater....

Let me tell you about my mother......

Post #: 49
RE: The Bionic Woman - 16/5/2007 8:30:07 PM   
** Kill Yr Idols **

Oops, didn't read the full thread.  Starbuck rules though!

Let me tell you about my mother......

(in reply to ** Kill Yr Idols **)
Post #: 50
RE: The Bionic Woman - 17/5/2007 7:01:22 PM   
sanchia

And J Jonah Jameson was having a little chat to her at the end.....

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to ** Kill Yr Idols **)
Post #: 51
RE: The Bionic Woman - 17/5/2007 7:24:58 PM   
Kami89

Crikey, never expected to see her in anything like this. Even after seeing the videos a couple of days ago and even reading her name, it didn't trigger to me that it was 'er of eastenders. Still though, the program looks a bit shite.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 52
RE: The Bionic Woman - 17/5/2007 7:39:59 PM   
Barefoot Doctor

quote:

Nah, that was Miguel Ferrer in the clip, not J.K Simmons!

< Message edited by Barefoot Doctor -- 17/5/2007 7:40:34 PM >

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 53
RE: The Bionic Woman - 18/5/2007 7:54:26 PM   
borstal

The correct term for those breasts are 'eye magnets'

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

Post #: 54
RE: The Bionic Woman - 18/5/2007 11:36:58 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Barefoot Doctor

quote:

Nah, that was Miguel Ferrer in the clip, not J.K Simmons!

Damn, they look similar.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Barefoot Doctor)
Post #: 55
RE: The Bionic Woman - 19/5/2007 5:15:09 PM   
Filmic Joe

There's a new preview up.  Some of it's interesting, and I am hoping the show will be decent.  But the domestic, family stuff seems really out of place, especially in the promo...the first minute or so will make you think this will be the worst show in existence, but it gets better- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoSdmrUOTqg&eurl=

People are sponges, waiting to be soaked in the knowledge of life.

"You Crazy, Wonderful Zombie!"

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 56
RE: The Bionic Woman - 22/5/2007 4:13:08 PM   
Cruisecontroller

I hope there are plenty of Fembots (killer female androids!) in the new series. I`ve only watched the clips on youtube without sound as I`m at work so I don`t know if the bad girl assain is a Fembot or not. It could do really well. Makes me wish I`d said hello to Michelle Ryan when I saw her in Tescos Enfield Town once (she comes from Enfield) and then I could have said I`ve met the real Bionic Woman in Tesco`s!

< Message edited by Cruisecontroller -- 22/5/2007 4:35:13 PM >

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

Last five movies seen & rated by me.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5
5.Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. 3/5

(in reply to Filmic Joe)
Post #: 57
RE: The Bionic Woman - 26/5/2007 8:12:52 PM   
Orbital

Lots of positive reviews

quote:

Bionic Woman' gets a makeover

http://www.calendarlive.com/tv/cl-et-channel21may21,0,1283944.story?coll=cl-tv-features

Not everyone is welcoming this switch. On the Internet, fans of the original show are already threatening a boycott of the new version, even though few people outside the studio have seen more than a brief promotional reel. These foes may have some well-connected supporters too: Kenneth Johnson, a veteran writer-producer who created "The Bionic Woman" in 1976, is not involved with the new project. Although he expressed admiration for Eick's work on "Galactica," he's skeptical about "re-imagination" projects in general.

"That's a big word in Hollywood," Johnson told me by phone. "If they're remaking something and want it to sound fresh, they say 're-imagination.' "

quote:

It comes as no surprise that David Eick is following the "Ronald D. Moore GINO Playbook" letter by letter in marketing his "Bionic Bullsh-t" project. He is claiming to be the creator of the "Bionic Woman" (he fails to mention Kenneth Johnson!!) just as Ronald D. Moore claimed to be the creator of "Battlestar Galactica" (Moore failed to mention Glen A. Larson, DeSanto & Leslie Stevens.) David Eick describes the "Bionic Woman" character in his update of the series that forces you to not give two shits about the character. Eick states: "It's a coming of age story about a young woman, and less a story about a super female." BORING!!! This is going to be more of a rip-off series of "Heroes" using the "Bionic Woman" brand name, than anything that would pay homage to the far superior Lindsay Wagner starred and Kenneth Johnson produced earlier series. David Eick described the "Bionic Woman" character in the same boring manner that the "GINO" characters were described earlier by Ronald D. Moore and David Eick. And judging from the series of film clips of this series floating all over the Internet, "Bionic Woman" is also following to the letter, the "GINO" method of dark, depressing, and uninteresting characters. We have Miguel Ferrer playing I assume to be, the Oscar Goldman character. But Ferrer is emulating the horrid, sleepwalking acting style (if you can call it acting) of Edward James Olmos in "GINO." We also have the typical, over the top, and totally unnecessary negative emotions of the "GINO" series transplanted into the "Bionic Woman." A lot of unnecessary yelling, crying, and overreacting to situations that normal people would be able to methodically and rationally think their way through. I'll pass on David Eick's "Bionic Bullsh-t" project.

quote:

Cavemen, the bionic woman: What were they thinking?

The new fall TV line-up leaves critics with more questions than answers

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 58
RE: The Bionic Woman - 26/5/2007 10:04:04 PM   
Caster

Five minute clip here, but there are some big plot points so don't watch if you want to be surprised:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoSdmrUOTqg

I think this looks bloody brilliant, totally exceeded my expectations.  It could almost be a movie, it looks that good.  And Ryan despite being on The Miserable English Soap seems to be doing okay for herself.  Good stuff.

(in reply to Orbital)
Post #: 59
RE: The Bionic Woman - 26/5/2007 10:33:37 PM   
Zaphod121

quote:

ORIGINAL: Caster

Five minute clip here, but there are some big plot points so don't watch if you want to be surprised:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoSdmrUOTqg

I think this looks bloody brilliant, totally exceeded my expectations. It could almost be a movie, it looks that good. And Ryan despite being on The Miserable English Soap seems to be doing okay for herself. Good stuff.

Joe already posted a link to this exact same clip, only a few posts above yours, see -
quote:

ORIGINAL: Filmic Joe

There's a new preview up. Some of it's interesting, and I am hoping the show will be decent. But the domestic, family stuff seems really out of place, especially in the promo...the first minute or so will make you think this will be the worst show in existence, but it gets better- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoSdmrUOTqg&eurl

(in reply to Caster)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Bionic Woman Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI